(2011/11) Nov 2011

Hi Jean,

My edd is 1st nov but my gynae said anytime can pop le, it a girl for me. I have been eating homecook food since 2nd tri n stop eating outside food jus to make sure tis time can carry thru full term. Can't get to sleep either sometimes choke by my own gastric fluid in the middle of the night..it really tough but glad tat soon all these will b over once my al pops.

twink,

i tried to take coconut at night once it really hav the cooling effect immediately but dun do it often, mostly i took it in late afternoon.

Twink-I think try not to take coconut or cooling fruits at night as afraid may have cramps.I took it in the evening as i sleep late.Not working so always stay out late.I do think your body too heaty.Pregnant women temperature is highter esp now we are in our 3rd tri body even more heaty.I dont dare to take too heaty food now as im scared of cough.My nose will bled when im too heaty too.

Julia>> u must be popping anytime from now....then u better rest more. My doc told me to sleep at least 8hrs, even can't sleep also must rest in bed. Try not to move or carry heavy things. I also will be choked by my gastric juice or even awake by my super duper long burp!!! Sometimes i will throw out a lot of gastric juice in the morning. It's coming to the end soon, just endure awhile....

Twink, try not to drink cold stuff at night. Will cause cramp. Do that in afternoon if possible. Jia you. U can do it. Try to relax ur mind.

Good morn mummies

Began to feel a lot of pain in my bum, back and pelvic, until I din sleep well.. Heng I start my ml, can sleep a bit in the afternoon.. Yest my mil told me she is gg to prepare to cook ginger vinger for my confinement, then I was like wow so early cook .. Guess she care alot about me..

Philip warehouse sale are twice a day..

Take care all mummies

Kiam> so xing Fu....ur mil will prepare ginger vinegar for u. Envy!!! Heehee

Recently i have been waking up early then later nap ard 9-12nn. Can't let me rest all at one go, still on installment basis. Haiz!!!!

Jean> indeed my mil is sweet cos she offer to "look aft me " when my husband is working.. And even cook my meals and resign to look aft my bb gal aft my ML.. Actually i also employ a CL for confinment as my husband friend 's mum is CL .. But my mil still insist to prepare herself as she say must cook 10 days before hand..

Recently, i wake up abt 3 times everynight.. so i feel so tired as never have luxury to sleep thru the night..

Kiam>

It is good that ur mil volunteer to take care of ur bb after ur ml. Liked that she will be involved thru the bb growing up stage, and u and ur hb will feel the importance of her presence.

Glad u also employ CL, cos sometimes is not so nice to bother mil in doing heavy chores. Better leave those matters to CL. My hb will do the same if my mil is still around.

Ginger vinegar really need to prepare in advance in order for the ginger to soak up the fragrance and to be soft enuff.

I already waking up dunno how many times thru out the night...sometimes even have to sleep with sitting position. My gas just won't pass out so easily. Sometimes even need my hb to pat me to burp liked a bb.

Now I keep yawning and eyes tearing. But the moment I lied back with 3 pillows, the gas just won't go away.

Jean,

I also have same problem as you have gas in tummy on someday in this last tri. I will try sit up too, or you may try put on some ruyi oil and drink a few mouthful of hot water... it may ease the bloated tummy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

Just back from my checkup. My cervix has soften n there's mild contractions going on. Bb's head is pressing down further on my bladder. My gynae arranged for me to be induced next thurs as my bp is going up n no sign of stabilizing so she suggest that I'll be induced. Bb has no problem, activity is high, moving a lot. Yeah so looking forward to seeing my bb.

Evelyn >> thanks for ur advise. I did just now, but after I drink the water, I vomit all out with the gastric juice as well.... But at least it makes me feel better after vomitting. End up manage to get some sleep till now.

Mummies, what do u normally do at home during daytime??

Babyzel,

Wow, so exciting, u r on countdown track...more bed rest since BP is high. But u can eat those fav food this week before confinement. Heehee.

Wish u smooth delivery.... So excited for coming mummies!!!

Jean,

Thanks! Yes got to eat my fav food before confinement. If not got to wait for a month. Heh. I must drink my bubble tea before delivery..

My afternoons are usually spent on napping, watching tv, surf net, reading n just simply lying on the bed playing games on iPhone.

Babyzel,

All the best n have a smooth delivery! But bet you are experienced enough not to kan jiong lah

Hmmm usually I'll do some light housework, check my emails from work, check my stock prices, surfing forums for stuff to buy, and of cos napping! I think I sleep better in daytime than at night cos have whole bed to myself haha... If I can, will try to arrange lunch or kopi with friends to catch up.

Hey mommies!!

I went for my apptment on Mon - bb is 2.2 kg at 35 weeks =pp Gynae says bb is engaged but not sure she will change position nearer delivery date - I hope not! =pp

Re: Bai Feng Pills

Can we start eating it immed after we deliver or have to wait first? I was taking the Eu Ren Seng's bai feng pills before preggie and I feel that it really help me regulate my menses and I liked it.

Re: Pumping & breastfeeding

My friend who delivered 2 weeks ago told me that her breastmilk only came on the 4th day after delivery. Becos she started giving bb FM to supplement before that, bb doesnt want to latch on. Despite she pumping religiously, she feel that her BM supply is decreasing steadily -- can experienced mommies share if this was the case for you? i.e. pumping doesnt stimulate milkflow/ production? (I tot it does??!!)..

Re: Coconut

I started drinking coconut 2 weeks ago despite that i havent reached 36 weeks yet. I think its good to cool me down and so far, no cramps (touchwood!). I feel extremely extremely hot at night ... I hope weather will get cooler...

I remember a mommy mentioned abt drinking canned coconut drinks -- I think drinking fresh ones shld be better. Get those from Thailand from NTUC in the morning. Normally by afternoon/ evening, the smaller thai ones are sold out.

Hi mommies

Update on my check yesterday. Bb gain abt 200g so he!' abt 2.2kg at wk 35 on scan. Next wk when he' out, more than 2kg. Am thankful. Amnio fluid remains on borderline 6.5 no further dip. Bb heartbeat / ctg scan ok but he kept moving. Think not much space for him. Signed up for cord life. Dr tee seemed more prepared yesterday n said next thurs do csec. Now he' very concerned that I wd bleed anytime. Need to see him this sat n next tues for ctg n do blood procedure. He says need to standby 4 bags of blood. I was like huh so much, gets me scared. Think cannt do epidural already.

Babyzel so we will be delivering on same day. Bb prob out on thurs morning after deepavali holiday.

The next few days to e eve of csec many things to do n list. 7 more days n I can see bb at wk 36, think shd be ok. Keep fingers crossed. Last night I hv abt 3 contractions at diff timings n 2 this morning despite e medications I take to numb e pain. Told dr that I can feel e contractions. If no medications, think I wd be very scared by e contractions.these few days very critical, need rest n rest. Mommies w low placenta n other complications or multiple bb, pls be very careful.

Just had Mao Shang Wang durian so I think next tues n wed can take coconut water for csec on thurs.

On e whole I felt happier yesterday as bb heavier n no further dip in amnio fluid n dr tee booked e operating theatre for next thurs delivery. Think I will be scared though this is my 2nd bb. Getting happy yet scared. Hope all goes well.

Cyn,

Ya not really Gan chiong this time round.. I told gynae I want epi today but I ask her to let me experience some contraction pains before administering epi. Cos for 1st bb, I took epi even b4 any pain kicks in as it was also an induction case n gynae say 1st labour usually longer. So this time wanna experience some childbirth pain to complete my pregnancy process.

Felixp,

My BM kicks in on day 5. Before tat I supplement FM n latch on too. Supply only slowly increase with regular pumping n latching. If u can, pump 3 hourly round the clock n also latch as often as u can. Drink plenty of fluids n soups. I took fenugreek during 2nd mth n it helped increased my supply too. Continue to drink lots of water.

I also want to drink bubble tea before going into delivery ward. Also going for Ktv, crab and prawn. Heehee

I do take nap cos I also sleep better in the daytime without hb snoring. Cook my own lunch. Too lazy to go out sometimes ESP when the weather is not good. Watching online series. But now cant sit in one position for too long...

Hey Simp, congrats!!! U will get to see ur bb soon!

Babyzel, thanks for sharing! I will tell my friend that... I think she is quite demoralised abt her BM supply. =pp

Evelyn, i heard can get Fenugeek supplements from GNC - $29.90 for 100 capsules.

Jean, have u been abstaining from bubble tea? I been drinking leh.. sometimes once every week or every 2 weeks, depending if i pass by the Koi outlet =pp...

Felixp

Bai Fong wan can only be taken after our body is totally cleansed out. So cannot take immediately after birth.

Eu yan sang bay Fong wan recommended dosage for after childbirth is 1 bottle taken daily after clearing of labor discharge.

Another pill is that is taken after immediately after birth is 追风稣合丸 (Su he wan / so hup pill) is for pu our weak body after birth, bloated wind.... 2 pkt for daily. It is recommended by my aunt and the eu yan sang girl yesterday at the tampines mall road show. So I bought 1 box to try since there is discount.

BM

I think is all the hard work to pump out and latch on for bb. Ask ur friend not to stress, 15mins before feeding, put bb on our chest with direct body contact (topless), let the bb snuggle and search for it's own breast to latch on. It helps mummy to feel relax and also bb also relax to drink. I read that online, not sure if it helps. Can give a try. Of coz still need to drink alot of fluid.

Simp,

Dats great news! More and more mummies popping soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I love Koi! Have not been abstaining from bubble tea, or tea for that matter. Probably just really cutting it down. I have tea like everyday before preggy =P

Hahahaha, I was warned to keep away from bubble tea, cos my sugar level shot up during my last two appt. I also stay away from magnum. Haiz... Very xing KU leh.... But I will hide one big magnum in my freezer to take it before I go delivery. Heehee

Eve>> fenugreek is available at gnc 29.90. Take 1 a day. Drink more fluid (longan tea) or warm water. Massage the breast everyday before and after feed or pump.

Jean, thanks!! Wah, 1 bottle every day - faint! cos very expensive loh! Last time i took 1 every week and always stock up only when there is a discount =pp

I think i wanna have a feast the day b4 my delivery leh... cos i think confinement will be very kelian, cannot eat and cannot go out... Hehes.

Oh simp, sorry left u out just now. Congra to ur coming one... Rest more more...and just eat whatever u liked now....dun deprive urself....

Felixp, that is what is on the instruction, cos I only bought it last night. It say take about 10 bottles should be enuff Liao. Anyway we still be taking other herbs during confinement, so I think dun have to take it daily. Unless is u totally didn't use other herbs to pu ur body then is recommended to take it daily.

But I think I believe the SO HUP PILL can really pu our body after birth. And just take for about 3-5days max out. So one box is enuff Liao.

I also have a lot things I want to do and eat... My confinement will be kelian as well since my hb still have to study night class, cannot tabao nice supper for me...cannot go kaikai also....

Want to do pedi, mani. Drink bubble tea, Ktv, feel like swimming....best if can play mahjong..heehee eating seafood....hahahaha

Simp> just try to relax and wait for the D day.. U are in gd hand cos prof tee is very experience even thru he is not gd in word.. Ur baby will be fine..

Maybe we can meet at kkh

Eve,

From GNC but it may not be the cheapest around. Best is to order from drugstore or overseas spree. Think cheaper. Other brands also offers fenugreek like nature way. I believe all serve same function.

Babyzel/Jean,

Thks for the info, that time I never take supplement, so not sure how is it and where to buy...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Can try iherbs @ www.iherbs.com for the fenugreek -- cheaper but need pay for the shipping charges =pp

I am looking forward to see my bb soon, yet on the other hand, not looking forward to my confinement =(( I dun like eat food cook w DOM/ wine -- cannot imagine need to eat everyday. I like chicken in sesame oil but i also cannot imagine every day eating it! I am a big sleeper even before I am preggie -- cannot imagine gonna be deprived of sleep for the next few years... haha! lolx...

Simp-Glad that your bb had gained some weight.Me too having durians yesterday and night so today i drank coconut juice to cool down.

Jean chua-You really know alot about herbs,you are like our adviser.Thanks for sharing the info.Can i check with you as for cordyceps you brew with pao sheng,can we skip the pao sheng and just brew mainly for cordyceps? How many cordyceps you put? Will cause jandice anot as i heard too much chinese herbs will cause jaundice.

Babyzel and simp, so happy for both of you can get to see your bb sson. I will b gg for my appt tomorrow hope tat i can pop next week too.

Jean, my favourite hobby is playing mahjong always play on sun, gg to miss it when bb comes out. Think gg to buy some supplement for myself after giving birth, my sister told me she drop lots of hair must continue to eat calcium n multi vitamin. Watson selling fenugreek at $26 plus, will go check out guardian n ntuc pharmacy too.

Hi Ladies, How u gals doing? Not able to update this 1 week coz bb pop last wed at 37weeks, weighing at 2.5kg only. Still trying hard to get used of being a mummy.

Also, for those who are going for breast feeding, remember take glass bottles from hospital. The nurses din tell me i can take, end up now i do not have enuff bottle to fill up my pump. :'(

Simp, do update us when u have delivered.

Dear mummies

I went for check up today and my boy now is 2.803 kgs @ 37 weeks.

Coconut

I had three coconut already! According to mt Chinese doctor. Coconut really can make bb have smooth / clean skin

Hi Felixp, I also a big sleeper before pregny and even during my first tri, I can easily sleep up to more than 12 hrs a day. Cannot imagine Im gg to be deprive of sleep when I'm thinking to BM my bb at middle of night.

Little bb>> if only purely cordycerp to boil, there is no taste at all. But u can try it out, normally I put around 8 stalk (if it's fat) 12 stalk(if small) with ard 1.5 small rice bowl of hot water and double boiled it liked bird nest in slow cooker for 2hrs. I put in pao sheng cos i scared is too heaty for me. So it will tame down the fire. After u drink the water, u can eat the cordycerp, no taste liked eating crispy veg. Dun eat the tail part. Oh remember to wash off the blackie on it using ur nail to lightly scrapped off before cooking. If u scared of jaundice, try not to drink too often. Once a week is ok le. Sometimes I brew with tang Shen (2stalk) so will be sweet taste.

Julia>>> hair loss is due to hormone change, my gf say she didn't drop during pregny...but she drop after pregny.. Just maintain ur scalp clean and use mild shampoo. It will regrow. Dun worry so much. Taking supplement is more for the BM, so bb can absorb the goodness from it.

Ssbaby>> congra to ur newborn. So happy for u.... Enjoy ur bonding with bb and ur confinement. Must really pu ur factory!!! Buy milk bag online or take over from those mummiees online...they have ready stock... Boots brand is highly recommended.

Coconut

My dad still dun allow me to drink it. Hmm....I think becos my auntie (his sister) has drink too much during pregny, end up bb has asthma when born. He say better to drink around the last 2 weeks, max 2 coconut per week. Haiz.... Really tempting for me to drink since feel so hot sometimes.

I understand he is protective over me, cos my mum is not around, so he feel it is his duty to warn me. So I think I will listen to his advise better than sorry. : )

Btw, my doc gave me seba med feminine wash for using after delivery and forlax drink to treat constipation.

Mummies, have you decided to take epidural ?

hi babyhazel.fenugreek can help to increase milk flow,but depends on individual person.breast massage helps too,the best time is during your post natal massage or on your confinement day.sharing my experience as a masseur.

Shjean>>> I think I'm going for epi if natural birth allows. Now doc always saying my bb big here and big there....arrggghhh always telling if bb get too big, I might need c section. I wish I can insist in natural with epi eventually.

Jean chua-Thanks for advising on cordyceps.That time my sister brew cordyceps with ginseng and my nose bled after taking it.Till now about a month i dont dare to take.Since pao sheng is good,i can tell my mum to add abit..NOrmally i brew birdnest also will add some pao sheng,i do like the smell and taste of pao sheng.My mil just grumble saying i cant take cordyceps as wait bb will have jaundice,i will ignored her.Lol

Ssbaby-Congrats.Your bb pop at week 37 that is fast.You had natural or csection? Pls take care of yourself and have a smooth confinment.

Feminine wash

All along i had been using Lactacyd.

My girlfriend confinment lady told her around week 38 try to take beancurb skin with barley and ginko nuts about 3 times a week.Its good for bb complexion and it aids our delivery so our delivering will be smooth and fast,dont need to go thru too long hours of labour.During confinment can still continue to take about twice a week so cervix can recover faster and good for our complexion.She said those that heeded her advice didnt had problems in their confinment.Since my girlfriend she didnt take pork,the aunty actually comes up with a menu for her,have dessert somemore.She just received the aunty email.

Little bb>> u r welcome. I'm not so sure if cordycerp cause jaundice, but since my gf who is allegic to cordycerp and she totally didn't take thru out, her bb is also born with jaundice.... So I dun think is that is case. Many ppl say Ginger or yellow Ginger (tumeric) also will cause jaundice... But indian mummies also eat their curry with tumeric everyday, bb doesn't seem to have jaundice. So I think is up to individual mind ba. Just dun over consumed ba. Pao sheng I put ard the same qty as I put in birdnest (abt 1.5 teaspoon). Mainly these are to build bb immu system ESP good for their lung.

Feminie wash

I also use that thru my pregny. So far so good, did my swab test in last 2 appt, is negative. So hopefully shd be fine till the end unless I feel itch...

Beancurd skin with barley and ginko nut

I also heard is good for bb skin. Can drink that during out pregny but not everyday. Maybe I shd drink that now since my dad dun let me drink coconut. Wow ur gf cl so good, still have dessert for her. Oh my cl say, we can drink hashima (xue ha) in place with birdnest, won't cause jaundice. Can give a try.

Bb, again let mummy have weird dream. Haiz...

Jean> I only drink coconut only .. Cos I am very Heaty and feel very hot even under fan..

I hear from my cl that she say must drink red bean soup during confinement to pu Xue .. But I hate red bean since young .. Having sore throat suddenly ..

I really hate the feeling of keep waking up for n times per night... My hand are so swollen these few days until I have problem holding chopstick .. So I keep asking my bb to faster pop out .. Hope she will pop by the ph as what my gyn predicted..

Kiamkiam>> u can try drinking barley water or some green bean soup to cool off ur heat. Is common to feel hot, I need air con and fan to let me sleep first, then hb will turn off one of them. He say he already feel liked Eskimo living...hahahaha

Red bean is good for pu xue, proven in jap as they normally cook red bean when their daughter first time into puberty. U can just drink the soup if u dun like to eat the red bean. The soup taste better with tangerine skin (dried orange skin)...my grandma like to cook that style for me... Now too bad my hb has grout problem, so a lot of bean he can't eat...makes me feel so wasted when I have to finish them alone...

I also have been waking up a lot of times...even turning is a strain for me...my fingers and hands will be numb and swollen in the morning, sometimes cannot even close up to hold my toothbrush. Need to do stretching and finger exercise before I do anything in the morning.

My hb keep saying if our bb pop at 20/11 will be nice date...cos it will be 20112011. And he keeps saying that to our gal at my tummy this mornig....I told gal gal dun listen to daddy, just come out when she feel comfy....

I'm gg to the baby fair later. Hope the pricing for this round is good....

thanks gal!

Shjean, ur baby has a good weight!

Jean, i saw the boots brand one. But need start a spree in order to hit $170. Going buy 10 boxes and store.. hahaa

Little BB: I was triggered to labour when i visit my gynae last time. He was checking the dilation and then next moment when i am home (i was alone and taking MRT with the pain. Best, no one give me a seat!).. i feel pain. And then, he tell me to go TMC immediately, end up second time he check, my waterbag burst liao. I was like "Sianz" cannot give birth in Mt A. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I was on Assisted Delivery with Epi. Totally give in to Epi when i was at 5cm after 4hours of contractions. Doc say i am too slow in dilation and I surrender! After Epi, I tahan another 4 hours, before Baby is out. By the time, my epi jus finish. But i totally no strength to push liao... Zzzz

Morning everyone!

Just happen to drop in here to check how's u all doing. Have been busy for quite sometime especially when both my boy & hubby was sick. Heard that that is Baby Expo today. Anyone going? Can update anything nice there?

I heard cannot drink pao shen or any ginseng related stuff so late into preg cos it acts like steriod to bb.. so even though im heaty i will only drink more water.

i saw my bb ytd! she's 35wks and weighs 2.6+kg now! so big!! hahaa

Congrats ssbaby, have a good confinement! I'm going for epidural as well, scared of pain.

Btw, how many bedded ward did you stay in TMC? How was the service there like? Hearing quite abit of stories of poor service at TMC recently =P Worried when it's gonna be my turn cos first time mum, need alot of help from the nurses. Haiz.

Posted on Friday, October 21, 2011 - 11:20 am:   

Hi moms, 

I hv a few items for sale. Please sms me at 91558725 if you are interested.

1) medela swing breast pump bought 14/8/2011 (warranty till aug 2012), Used barely a mth as i hv not enough milk supply.Will throw in 1/2 bottle of greenlife fenugreek capsules(increase milk supply) and 14 pieces of medela pump and save breastmilk bags. $260   

2) medela washable breast pads, very new and good condition $12

3) 4 pieces of nursing bras size roughly 36B (hv different hook sizes to adjust) selling at $6 each or $18 for all

4) 2 pieces of cotton nursing pajamas from Spring at NEX, bought at $49.90, worn less than 10 times, very good condition. Selling at $12 each or 2 for 20. Blue in color size: small

5) medela breast shields with carrying case for occassional sore nipples from BF. $12

6) quinny zapp xtra baby stroller (blue), suitable from newborn to 4 yrs old. Used less than 10 times, in brand new condition but decided to sell as hubby bought a jogging stroller from US while on business trip. $420.

Prices are slightly negotiable, but please don't quote ridiculous prices. Will accept vouchers from Fairprice, Giant, Takashimaya instead of cash. For item no.2, 3, 4 and 5, willing to exchange for baby items.

Hi mommies

It' tgif again and looks like today may be a rainy day for some of us. The sky is so dark seems like a storm is coming in town area. Yesterday my fil told me it poured quite a bit in the west when he sent my girl back last night.

Thanks mommies for all the encouragement and support. Feeling very drained even doing nothing.

I like tmc service a few years back when i delivered. I find the skills of nurse esp those administering catheter, tube, even GA to be superior to my op in kkh then. Confinement food, and the walk about by lactation nurse, mrs wong and after discharge calls a few times made me felt that money well spent, not forgetting free car park charges for spouse if u take 1 bedder.

kkh, i stayed in 4 bedder last time during gynae op and had bad experience with urine catheter, insertion of drip and after discharge, fever with infection and needed antibiotic jab. I was handled by diff groups of student attachment and nurses. Not the nicest stay after i compared to tmc. I think nuh better. I had a brief stay at nuh for this pregnancy and find the nurse and students attachment better maybe it' becoz it' maternity ward or fewer patients to handle. But i must say the bf nurses are not too experienced in guiding the new mommies in bf.

This time, I'm hoping for the best in kkh nurse team. Am scared how they administer the catheter, drip, GA etc and post csec op. Just hope everything goes well. I think those going for natural delivery in any hospital, u will recover so fast than csec mommies after the push. All the best ya.

Wd update when i delivered at kkh on my experience, hopefully it has improved over the years [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] The good thing is they have distributed a booklet on bf tips which i think it is gd to have. The ones given by tmc is for those who signed up for fib/sbi card or prenatal classes with them so the costs are already factored into the membership or classes. The kkh ones are complimentary for mommies?

Kiamkiam, yes we could meet if u are not discharged by then when i go in on thurs morning on csec. U r doing natural delivery, all the best and hope all goes well for u and all of us here.

Back