(2011/11) Nov 2011

Jthan

i got my phil helper through recuit asia at golden landmark hotel (beside Raffles Hospital).. The person in charge is Teena.. This is the lst time i hire a helper and she realli provide mi with a lot of help n ans. Btw u stay ard where so that i can recommend other agency to u oso.. i have diff helpers' biodata and their price list fr other agency. Let me know if u need furthur info...

Engery level

i become more n more tired.. ytd during meeting i doze off in fr my boss(too tired bo bian).. walk a few stairs become breathless..

babyzel

i in mid of waiting to move hse so the hse is abit messy.. ytd i come back fr hme, i almost cant recongnise it.. she pack n clean it so nicely..i think the only pro with her is she cook very little portion of food.. mayb due to her background, she cook very little portion .. my bro in law eat half n den go out eat again.. lol..

berrypie

congrats to yr delivery .. tk care n rest well dun think so much..everything will be fine..

weather

dun know is i got pro or the weather.. I will perspire if i dun on the aircon.. the min is on 2 fans.. ytd after bathing i was so hot till i on air con with 2 fans blowing at mi, den my MIL saw it den kena nagging cos she scare i get sick..hahhah

Berrypie

Congrats on ur bb girl arrival. Think those with low placenta will have to take out bb earlier with smaller build. She is a miracle bb ever since u shared her story with us. Wd pray for bb and the family.

Where abt u deliver the bb and bill size 10k? I suppose the 10k is due to bb and complications charges on top of the csec and gynae fees. Thank goodness u stayed in 4 bedder instead of 1 bedder. Now it sets me thinking if i need to change the 1 bedder to 4 bedder for costing.

Thanks Jeans >>> for the advise on sheng hua tang on csec mommies. Now at least i can ask CL to prepare for me. Just need to take once a week for 2 weeks or twice a week then stop?

Coconut juice i think i may just take on the day before or 2 days before csec since i think i dun wan to trigger early labour these few days.

Chicken essence i never take before for my 1st pregnancy and this one also din. If it is not really helping to gain bb weight then i thin i wd give it a miss since i dun know how to make chicken essence :p

Little bb>>> yes i think i saw ur post earlier on. That time i put on 2 kg from wk 32 to wk 34 taking one time durian, daily chocolate and lots meat with some ice-cream but bb only gain abt 400g in 2 wks. Now this week i started to take 2 hard boiled eggs and anmum in morning before supplement. Afternoon, take fresh milk and bed rest. So i hope by this wed when i go for ctg and scan, bb' wt increased to 2.3kg and if he does, wd continue with this approach. Hopefully by next week, if bb comes out, he will be 2.3kg . Usually scanning shows heavier bb but when deliver, they are slightly lower than scan wt.

Contractions yes, i have been having it often daily too. That time when i din take any medication, it reminds me of mense cramps and could not sleep. Din check how long it was but it sure scare me that i may pop anytime. With the medication, i din feel the pain but i could feel the contractions movement so mommies need to monitor. Last pregnancy i did have that and it is normal as we nearing due date and I'm not having as much complications as this one so never scared.

Kiamkiam>>> I find prof tee a man of few words. When i posed him questions, he would advise but he told me there is always a risk and i shd be fine. Now on top of being concerned abt preterm bb with 2kg birth wt, I'm more abt the loss of blood and womb since the fibroid and the position of placenta is affecting both bb and myself. I requested to change from clinic a to the private suite as the timing is more suitable for me on wed after i see girl off her bus in afternoon, see him then fetch girl from school.

Weather

Esther and babyzel, yes i was so hot in the morning as i din on fan as my daughter is having flu, cough then i perspired so much. After bath also perspired. Really hot, i had cold fresh milk and nite cold ching tang to cool the body. Maybe it is because of the medication or the later trimester symptoms that we are facing this. Now my daughter again got fever last nite. She has it for 3 notes last week and again yesterday after return from school. Must be the heaty cereal she took from school. Dun now when i pop and bb return home, both bb and her will share cough flu bug together. Tiring at nite handling a sick child.

Now a lot of adults coughing everywhere i go. Even my mom, siblings also sick, hb also coughing. Year end bb may need to be more careful then.

Hi simp, max for sheng hua tang is 2. Dun overtake it. For ur case I think better to drink in different week, say at week 2 & 3.

Try not to drink cold drink. Endure a few more weeks is better than falling sick..and also won't add on complication to our newborn. It is final lap le.... So endure...

Simp> Think it's Prof Tee style .. But he is confident when u tell u dun worry .. Think u better choose B1 incase ur bb need to instense care cos it's easlier for u to update to A1 if everything is better than wat u expected..

I choose B1 as scare bb maybe affect by chicken pox .. Even thru Prof Tee ask us to prepare that my gal skin might not be very nice ..

Simp,

Yup i am also coughing now. Very bad cough around the time i go to bed and around the time i wake up in the morning. Rest of the day still ok, didn't cough much. WOnder what kind of cough this is. I must faster recover else too close to delivery day then gonna have trouble then.

Esther,

You teach her and estimate the portion for her. After a few times, she will get the hang of it.

Today i cook lunch and ask my helper to watch. I also tell her how much rice to cook but for vegetables and meat portion i will prepare and show her. Tonight cooking dinner so going to show her again.

Simp,

You can try Gao Li Ren Sheng to pu ur qi and also pu the womb. That is what my auntie told me. It is not very exp. I bought around $35 for 1 stalk at the San Joo (Joo trading), the boss say use 3-5 slices to double boiled with chicken or meat, or split into 2 serving to boil during ur confinement. But can only eat after our menses is cleared. I bought one stalk to try. If is good, can boiled for the whole family but not too frequent, cos is heaty.

I heard from some mummies that during confinement is ok to take heaty stuff or soup to pu, and it will help us to produce more good quality milk.

Hope with all this herbs can help all mummies restore our factory in good shape, and lesser problems when we get old.

Again today is a boring day for me. Whole day nothing for me to do except do up laundry and chasing after the sun, shifting my bamboo from corridor to kitchen from morning to just now. Hahaha. Even my gal is hinting me y so troublesome.

Recently, I keep having weird dreams....is it we worried too much for our bb??

Esther,

You got to show your helper the portion and start off with those simple dishes first. I am helping my SIL to train her maid... From cutting to frying and cooking, and I normally have to cook for 10 or more persons on the Sundays at my in law house. I find that most of the maids work better when their owner is not around to boss them. So I just demo 1 time, she will do the rest.

More mummies r popping now, so lesser mummies on this thread. Do update on ur birth story after popping..take care.

Hi Mummies, sorry to interupt. I've got approx 100pcs (44pcs /pkt)of Huggies S size gg for $20. Self Collect at katong area. Do PM me if you are interested.

Tks

Jean,

I'm like you at home dun know wat to do except do my laundry, surf net download movies to kill time, it waiting game for me. Want to go out also scare cannot walk too long n the weather so hot. GG to my gynae tis fri is the only day tat i look forward to, can see my bb..Btw wat r the tonic soup tat we can drink now, i drink chk soup with cordycep last week n my body got so heaty tat can't sleep at nite keep sweating even with aircon

Hi Rebeana

Actually I only took Chinese medicine when I was sick during the whole pregnancy. But I think the doc must be reliable. Mine is the one who helps me to cure the menstration cramp n he knows me well since I was pregnant. So I trust him. But just to take note Chinese medicine will not take effect so fast also.

Let me know if you need the doc contact

wow!!! Shjean, great link!!! can computate the exact end of my ML!!! Thanks!!!

Julia, I also nothing to do at home now... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] End up started to play game... haha!! my hubby say I am training our son to be game king... hahahaha!!!

Can't really walk much now... Tired plus pain... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Julia, if drinking cordycerp makes u feel too heaty, is it becoz u put too many stalk.

Normally I drink it plain once every 2 weeks without the chicken. I normally double boiled 8-10 cordycerp (I bought the med size type, too fat too expensive for me) with pao sheng (10 slices) and 1.5 bowl of water. Double boiled (inner pot with cover) with slow cooker for 2 hrs. I drink it at night before I sleep or early morning (keep in thermal) and I eat the cordycerp as well.

My aunt say is to pu our qi and build our bb immu system also. It is also my cold and cough remedy cos I have long-aged cough and flu ever since my pregny, so I try this out for initially on 1-2 times a week, I feel better ever since and no coughing. now I swap to 1 in 2 weeks.

But one thing I try not to take is ginseng at the current stage as it contain steroid. So I avoid it.

Pao sheng is not as heaty, it mean for cool off our fire, good for ppl who always sleep late or not enuff rest. Sometimes I will just boil pao sheng with wolf berry and 2 mug of water (abt 15mins) for my hb and his son (always stay up late for online game or exam eve)

But of cos whatever the herbs is, just eat moderate, dun over pu also.

Oh for bird nest, mommies, pls dun eat too much, cos my CL feel that it might cause jaundice to bb. If want to eat, Try to eat those yellowish colour type. Dun eat those very white type (she feel it might be bleached by unethical merchant). These are her advise, I might as well share it in.

Rebeana, you can try my remedy above. But it takes time. My cousin request the medical hall to grind the pao sheng and cordcerp into powder, she just take 1/3 teaspoon every morning. She did for her first pregny, bb is very healthy, now she is having the 2nd one.

But of cos dun over pu. Cos I think my bb started her really weight gain is after I took those herbs.

Hahaha... Most of the mummies are resting at home with nothing to do now. My hb is saying my gal will be also be iPad queen cos mummy always on iPad.

FYI,

Baby expo 21/10 to 23/10

Parenthood fair 11/11 to 13/11

Mummies, if u still able to make it there, hope we all can update the price list together or direct post on this forum. Heehee.

Looking forward for my gynae appt tmr.

Thanks Jean for all the infos, bcos my body get heatly easily so can't take too much tonic also can't take too cooling stuff. Tat why spent so much $ to see chinese physician to get pregnant. Jus hope my bb will b healthy like other kids then everything is worthwhile.

Fynn

At least you can still play game,my eyes get tired after playing for jus 10 mins..Sometimes jus talk to bb whenever i can n ask her to b guai guai when she comes out..lol

Julia> oic, then u better eat as per normal, but more healthy choice liked, brown rice, drink more soup without msg and eat more fruits And veg. (avoid banana, oranges, pineapple...likely to cause phergm for bb). My gal likes mummy to eat pear, apple, papaya, kiwi, prunes....

When is ur edd? dun worry too much. Bb will be healthy and happy. Ur precious is prince or princess?

Again having weird dream, got scared and wake up. Haiz.

Hi Esther,

Would u mind sharing recommend other agency pricelist and diff helpers' biodata.

My edd is on 11 NOV 11, i stay at sembawang and need to employ a domestic help to assist our parents to help to take care of newborn and housework.

Can i enquire of the cost the new/ experienced maid salary and agency fee.

I been to a katong area agency and the package price is just below $500. IT include

-3 replacements within 2 years.

Can check if that the resonable market rate?

Thanks

Janice

MY email is [email protected]

Selling off 2 sets of Pigeon breast milk storage bottles. 3 pcs per set. Willing to sell at 50% off retail price. Interested, pls pm me.

Morning Mummies,

My cough is getting worse. Keep coughing last night till i can't sleep. Once i cough too hard, urine will leak... sianz... end up got to put pad. How? D day coming then my cough gonna affect my labour.. scary. I didn't take any med initially but started on prospan last night. Cannot tahan. That's the most ideal med for cough for pregnancy i guess. Got it from the pharmacist when i had cough during my 1st tri. Hope my cough goes away before i deliver end this week or next week.

I guess i also got to stay away from coconut in case it aggravates my cough. Sigh!

Jean Chua,

Keke. i think it's normal to have those dreams nearing D day. But as this is my 2nd pregnancy, i don't have such dreams at all. I'm so much calmer n cool this time round.

Hi Babyzel,

Can check with you which agency u go for the employment of domestic helper ?

Any package price and replacement in contract ?

Thanks

Janice

Hi Jean>>> Thanks for the advise. U seem to know a fair bit on chinese herbs.

Thanks Janicehoon>> on the info on things to pack and price list.

Im going for my gynae checkup later in the afternoon for ctg and scan, hope bb is slightly bigger than 1 wk ago. Doubt i can opt for epidural this time, was on GA the last. Wd ask dr later :p

Poor me, got woken up by leg cramps early in the morning. Ouchy. Maybe did not drink enough milk yesterday cos was outside.

Jean,

Wah I don't really 'bu' at all, don't know how or what herbs to buy to bu. Just bottled bird's nest every other day at night since third trimester. Diet wise definitely include more fruits, but otherwise I'm still eating whatever I want...yikes...

Nursing bras

Can't remember which mummy asked me about the nursing bras, but I finally got mine yesterday after more than 2 weeks. Bought from this BP thread http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5573478.html?1318992533

Fitting and quality wise was quite ok for me considering the prices compared to retail, so I'm not complaining. But will need some sort of padding.

Now troubling over how to clear up the mess in my other room for the CL. Kinda embarrassed to make her sleep in a cluttered room together with my shoes!

Visiting my gynae this afternoon. Excited to see how fat my baby has grown [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi,

Letting go:

1) 7 pieces of BRAND NEW - FRONT BUTTON SHIRT which is cooling & easy to wear at only S$19 include normal postage

https://picasaweb.google.com/114952665081774752567/BRANDNEWShirts7PIECESFORS19

2) Brand new In Box PUSH WALKER AT ONLY S$22

https://picasaweb.google.com/114952665081774752567/BNIBPUSHWALKER22NET

3) Preloved High TOY CHAIR AT ONLY S$10

https://picasaweb.google.com/114952665081774752567/PRELOVEDHIGHCHAIRTOYLETTINGGOAT10INCLUDENORMALPOSTAGE

4) BRAND NEW BREAD TOASTER AT only S$10

https://picasaweb.google.com/114952665081774752567/BrandNEWBREADTOASTERLETGOATS12ONLY

5) Preloved Fisher Price New Born to Toddler Portable rocker at only S$80 NET. condition 9/10

https://picasaweb.google.com/114952665081774752567/PRELOVEDFISHERPRICENBTOTODDLERPORTABLEROCKERAT85CONDITION910BOUGHTAT169

Thanks

Cyn,

That's me ask about the nursing bra, thks for the link will browse through and see any nice one [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]~

Sob the padded bra still need add on additional pad har, rite?

Fri will go for gynae checkup@36 wks, last wk bb is breech position, sob this week keep on talk to my bb gal be guai guai and head down.. Hope it do works lo.

Evelyn,

I got the normal range sleep bra which is non padded, but I think she also sells those which are padded. Mine was a little tight at the bust line tho, so you might wanna consider getting a size up for the sleep bras. I also got the Dahlia bra which was quite a good fit for me, it's fine without padding cos the material is the thick kind. I will suggest getting one or two first, see if overall cutting is fine for you, before buying alot. Just be prepared to wait for your purchases.

Hope this helps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies ..

There will be Philip waresale next weekend..

They will be selling avent breast pump and other avent products such as bottle and tit..

Those mummies who din buy their breast pump can go over and buy..

I will upload the add [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Janice, thanks for the update.

Simp & cyn> regarding the herbs, I'm also not very knowledgable initially. So I went to the TAN SAN JOO or JOO TRADING at the Fu Lu shou there a few times. I ask the boss and also those sales aunties.... So they teach me here and there.. So when they tell me how to cook, I just try out. If not, I ask them to help write the instruction on the packaging or show me a packed sample of how much herbs to use for each serving. Then I picked up from there.

But trhe cold remedy on using Pao sheng and cordycerp work very well for me. I'm not sure will it benefit other mummies or not. Oh I do tends to drink a lot cold drinks and eat fried and spicy food sometimes.

I tends to cough and flu easily since my late mum was diagnose of pneumonia in her last days. And plus I was a smoker before pregny. So my cough is very hard to recover. Ever since pregny, I come to realize if I dun stop my bad habit, it will cause my bb to suffer or even lose it.

Cyn, try not to take so much bird nest especially those from bottles. They have a lot of preservatives. And my CL say too much bird nest can cause jaundice. Not sure is it true or not. But better be safe than be sorry.

Finally my gal let me dose off awhile just now. Later gg to see my gynae at tmc. Dunno whether she head down or not. She been shaking her butt last night when my hb talk to her. Heehee. Too bad daddy has to work, unable to see her today.

Kiam kiam

Will they be promoting the air fryer??? I'm so tempted to buy. Cos sometimes I can use that to fry French fries without oil... Try that out at my friend place, feel so cool. Heehee

Jean> I think philip will sell the air fryer.. But I dun think I can go cos still think of selling extra milk bottles for my bb..

Janicehoon,

I went to By His Grace maids at upper bukit timah. Agency fee is $288 or $388. I took the $288 package so it's 12 mth replacement 2 FOC. The lady boss is now in Philippines doing her maids recruitment I think u may want to wait till she's back with new bio data. I selected my maid after her trip so I got more choices and she helped recommend maids who can best fit my criterias.

Janice

Amount involved:

$888.00 – Agency fee of $ $398.00

- premium fee for MOM letter of guarantee bond (in lieu of $5,000.00 cash bond)- required by Ministry if Manpower (MOM)

- Premium fee of $40,000 accidental and disablement insurance – required by MOM

- Premium fee of $15,000 – hospitalization and surgical insurance coverage – required by MOM

- General medical screening in Singapore (those reqiuired by MOM)

- work permit applciation

- thumprinting, photo taking and other required documentation by MOM

- Hepa A & B test is not included (optional for $50.00)

$2,400.00 – Norma’s placement fee to the agency where all the overseas expenses (Training, medical, food and lodgin in the Phillippines ) ,insurance in home country, predeployment cost and 2 months placment

(This amount is to be deducted from her 6 consecutive months salary)

$3,288.00 - Totall

Terms of payment = $1,644.00 first payment upon confirmation and signing of allt he docuemnts for submission to MOM

$1,644.00 full payment when Norma arrives /start wortking with you

Documents required: IC copy of the employer (yourself or your mother in law)

A copy of NOA

Docoments to be signed will be provided

A copy of the Certificate as First Time Employer

As the processing of the documents from Singapore is required before the documentation in Philippine side started , it is advise that please quickly sign up with the Orientation program asap. It is a msut to take the exam first befor submission ti work permit applciation.

Time frame : The application should start next week as we need 2 weeks processing time in Singapore. Philippine needs at least 3 weeks to complete the documentation and just nice that NOram will be albe to come here in Singapore on 15 of October, 2011.

As of now, your levy will fall under $265.00 per month and should be arranged unde GIRO deductions . We will provide the necesssary form for the Giro application.

Kiam kiam>> u have a lot milk bottles to sell? I think u can save them till ur bb is bigger for FM or water.

Waiting for gynae now, my sugar level still high according to his nurse. Probably just after my lunch. Haiz, later sure kana nagged by him. Heehee.

Jean,

Hmmm guess in that case will cut down on the bottled bird's nest. Just that really got quite alot from friends and parents, dun drink like wasted.

Just back from my gynae appt, thankfully everything is good! Baby is about 2.3kg at 34 wks, good weight according to him cos not too big. Managed to see baby's facial features today! Looks like she is sleeping, and looks like she has a big nose like me :p Awww... of all the things to inherit, my nose! LOL. The hubby says could be the angle of the picture, maybe lor. Anyway, healthy is the most important [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Gynae gave advance notice that will be taking the bacterial infection test at my next checkup 2 wks later. He also said that the mild cramps I feel sometimes is cos baby is engaged already, and putting pressure on my lower abdomen/pelvis area. Especially so if I walked around for too long. But cramps should go away after lying down and resting.

Raining cats and dogs now, all mummies outside now take care!

Jean> i need to buy for my mil home as my mil will be look aft my bb for us .. Still got time to buy later bef I go back to work..

Just came back from my gynae appt, my gal is 3kg at week 34 + 5 days. Is on the big size again. So I think she should be at least 3.5 kg when born ba. Her head is down but not engaged yet. But due to my higher BP level on border line, doc say has to see him weekly to monitor. Didnt get to ask doc about cordblood donation and other qns, cos he is rushing for birthing when is my turn.

But he did mention not to take fenugreek supplement during pregny, he is more cautious so he dun want bb come out with serious jaundice or other complication. However is fine to take them after birth to increase milk production.

Mummies, FYI

yu Ren sheng is having road show at tampines mall. Bai fong wan is 2 boxes for $70. Even their bao ying dan and ba bao san (for bb to calm down when get shocked or scared) are also at offer price. U can check it out.

wOw! I am also interested in the Philips Air Fryer!!! Now Courts selling 300++..

Haha!!

The philips carnival is it yearly event?? If yes, then next year then buy ba... hehe!!

MY gynae appt will be next week..

Later gonna go supper at red hill.. hehe! Eat yong tau foo.. Yummy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I have a preloved US set medela freestyle pump in good working condition but not for fussy buyers to sell at $250. Used for about one year. Bottles, breastshields and breastshield spare part kit are excluded due to hygiene reasons. Deal good for buyers who are going to replace the parts anyway

The set includes:

Pump body with LCD screen and backlight - used

Rechargeable battery - used

Attractive tote bag - used

1 set of tubing - used

Power cord / charger - used

Removable cooler carrier and cooling element - used

Hands-Free Kit - brand new in bag

Replacement bra adapters (Universal) - brand new in bag

Replacement bra adapters (Hook & Eye) - brand new in bag

Please PM me with your email or hp number if you are interested. Meetup at buona vista/cck/jurong east mrt on weekday evenings. Price is fixed as selling at a loss already Thanks!

hi shjean,

yah! i also found out from my HR that my delivery date will be start of my maternity leave regardless if it is working day or not. i better clear my leave way before my maternity leave. i will only be starting my maternity leave after haji which is 1wk plus before my edd.

hi jean,

i tried the cold towel method for my rashes, it helps! but only for a while. argggh rashes! when will u go away?

i cant help but scratch them sometimes and the more i scratch the worst it got.i really need to tie up my hands. now they have spread to my thighs and abit on my breasts. sighhhh

my bb head was engage deep down during my appt last sat and doc couldnt even measure her head dimension.

hi little_bb

may I know if i can drink coconut drink at night?? i am thinkin my body is too heaty thats why all the rashes are popping up.

i was still trying to wait til wk 36 tis weekend but i tink i cannot wait liao!!!

hi kiamkiam,

rest well and await the arrival of your little bb! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] jia you and all the best to your delivery next week!

hi berrypie,

congrats on the arrival of ur bb! hope your bb condition can get well soon! dont worry too much i'm sure ur bb will be fine.

Enjoy the bonding with your bb and do rest more and take care!

philips sale:

what is airfryer? i am more interesting in the steamer and blender. wonder if they have it on sales. i heard it will

save alot of time when we prepare soft puree food for baby.quite ex $199 without discount.

Hi twink,

Dun scratch!!!! Will leave scar. Stay in cool room. And wear cool And comfy. Worst case got to wear socks in ur hands...heehee. Keep ur head and mind cool and dun think about it. It will only go away when the time comes.

Air fryer is new invention that use no oil to fried things such as nuggets, fries, wings.... It only use the hot air convention method in the fryer to cook the food. And it still turn out to be crispy...but will be abit drier than traditional deep frying. And it very healthy as it force the oil in the wings or nuggets out.

The blender is also tempting and highly recommended by my friends, but too bad I alr have a separate blender and steamer when we just got married and it is seldom in use. So I will make use of them for bb puree next time.

Can't sleep again, having heartburn, feel lilke the food is stuck in my chest...neither up nor down!!!! So arrrrggghhhh

Back