(2011/09) Sep 2011

Juz came back from my gyane's clinic

-_-" my baby is really one got character one.. refused to open leg MEAN no means no.. no matter how we disturb him/her.. simply bo chup us.. contine playing happily...

kelly i saw ameda at isetan.

Ellysia Yes my friend bought the medela 1 cos the suction stronger so she thinks can give her more flow..

But in reality how do we know whether our boobs like strong or gentle suction without having hands on experience.. N Breast pumps are so ex

simbaobao how u disturb the bb? teach me leh, i also want to disturb bb tomorrow..

igop: i tried couging.. turn my body left n right.. den my gyane used the scan thing to keep pressing on my tummy.. use it to shake the baby.. haha baby was so pissed off.. keep usin the hands to try to wave us off..

Ilovesashimi : thanks for the tips on baby warmer.

simbaobao : your bb is so cute!! our bb is always very mild when scannin time..

the last time..was just like waving fingers only but only for a sec or so.

Last night experienced some weird sensations while prep to slp..like slight pressure on organs or pelvic area. took me a little longer to find a gd position to slp

Bunnz: my gyane said BB very active.. Tat is one time simply refused to move an inch.. My Frd taught me to suck in a sweet before scanning n it seem to wrk..

I asked how much baby weighing nw.. N was wow 170g towards 18 weeks.. Gyane said still considered ok..

Hi Mummies!

It's finally Friday and I am looking forward to 6:00pm! Can't wait to see baby next week as well! I'm thinking of getting PRUfirst as well..shall read up on the brochure later. Just had BK 'Crossiantwich' for lunch! Have not felt baby's movements...16 weeks tomorrow!

Oh my thoughts are all over the place.

I ate so much during lunch and I regretted it now. My eyes are closing!

simbaobao - wow! i think u r the first to know abt ur baby's weight. I'm also curious to know how much is my baby weighing. But I must wait another 2 more weeks...

Pommes: lol coz BB refused to let us peep peep mah so must find other tings to know.. If not tis curious mummy will have many white hairs soon..

Hi mummies, I hopped over to Tanjong Pagar Exchange to check out the Spring sale and left with 8 pieces and $150 poorer. Hahaha, but it was really good buys.

I may head back to get more stuff cos I had a colleague with me and was paiseh to keep her waiting if I browse too long. There was also not much crowed during lunch so it makes trying and buying very convenient. The sales lady was also very helpful in getting size and answering questions. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For those thinking of heading down, they are not open on weekends and the sale lasts till 15 April. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

about breastpumps..i used Ameda for my No 1. was working well for me. Used it intensively for a good 1.5 year of BF. Pumped 4 times a day. No issues

simbaobao : will try the sweet next time if i can rem.. u can go find 170g of stuff and know exactly how heavy it is in your tummy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Took a 15 minutes power nap. Time to start work again!

gina - woohoo! 8 pieces for $150. Best of the best buy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ilovesashimi>> i had very serious problem about bfeeding during my 1st baby too.. my supply was pathetic, plus an unsupportive mum.. i cried for so many days and was so stressed up everytime it was feeding time for baby.. my hubby also shook and woke me up and told me, FM or BM it doesnt matter, he wants his happy wife back..

Hi all,

I'm new to the thread. Currently in Taiwan but will be going back to singapore for delivery [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Kindly add:

Nick: miho_26

EDD: 07 Sept 2011

BB#: 1

Gynae: Dr Adrian Woodworth

Hospital: MT A

Area: Serangoon

its my week 18 today.. todate we've felt baby's kicks.. i felt the light punches from baby ard week 15.. mostly at night when we are preparing to go to sleep.. daytime occassionally will get the kicks too.. realise baby is mostly at the right side.. hubby can feel baby's kicks too (about one week ago).. he doesnt seem as excited about this one though [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Kelly: you can also get ameda in robinson. Try gettnig it during sale if you want. My excolleague got hers from robinson last year for 350ish (same price as 2 years back) during sale.

very busy at work today.. pop in to say hi!

Simbaobao: ur baby is so cute but guess bb still want mummy to guess. hee hee

Thanks Annie. hmm.. now i am in dilemma cos tomorrow bringing my gal go swimming so wanted to get swim wear. But the wanted to go tanjong pagar to see any good buys.. i worked in hbf area so wonder if its too rush for me (after work) to go vivo get swimwear and then pop down to tanjong pagar to buy again?

PinkieMie - ya glad that we both get out of the stressful situation with the help of hubby. i was so so closed to havnig mental breakdown all because of bfeeding. haiz.. thats why i want to share personal experience to all 1st time mummies where possible. Maybe i was too naive or maybe unprepared hence the depression.

Can se alot of mummies feeling the movements at wk 16-18. My #1 - i only feel it on the day she turned 20 weeks.

Re bb weight - actually each time when u see gynae and when the gynae print out the scan, there is the weigh shown on either top left or right hand side.

ILS - No, they dont carry any swim wear at Tanjong Pagar. Went there during lunch time to check out again and bou a jean with 70% discount

i bought my swimwear at a shop in one of those Toa Payoh central shops..it sold other stuffs like kidswear, pyjamas + swimwear. It has XXXL size. Just $32!

igop

Yah it is a risk. Its best to buy a good brand & select a good model. So even if u dun find it ok later, u can sell it and buy another one. But if u get a lousy brand or unpopular model, then u won't be able to sell and waste money. Thats wat my colleague advise me last time. So i bot medela PIS although it is very expensive. And dun buy too early bec' the warranty may left v little and if no warranty harder to sell later.

ILS - Most jeans are on 20% discount, only 1 left with 70% [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ILS your gal v cute leh ! How old is she? Did she say Bb Is didi or Meimei ?

Yesterday I asked my niece whether my Bb didi or Mei mei. She said Mei Mei . to her everything is Mei Mei .. N we call her Meimei too.. See bb on tv also Meimei .. I lost my cool at her yesterday cos she super sai nai! She wants me to bring her go to the room then say in a super sai nai manner.. Can't really make up what she is talking about . N her eyes look at me as if she is gg to burst into tears.. Everytime she will have this kind of sai nai pattern .. My Hair stand leh .. I told her want something say properly .. She still sai nai .. Arghhh..

Thanks igop. She's 23 mths now. Next month turning 2! She kept changing her mind. Sometimes say Mei Mei, sometimes Didi. Haha.

Oh gals are like that one. Super sai nai one.. try to get used to it. Thats why they can "capture" Daddy's heart. My gal also like that as she grow older and super yim chim.. haha.. ppl accidentaly touch her abit, and she will start to complain giving me a sai nai face that ppl touch her etc. LOLz

haaa.. didn't know gals so cute.

My boy tend to be more mischievous look but sometimes will sai jiao also. He also will 'act cute' sometimes by pulling facial expression and making me laugh.

But your gal so cute n she is 2 years old only ... My niece is turning 4 n still like that !! But it's true, she capture my hubby's heart lo.. That's y I think Bb gal really stick to daddy ..

@ ellysia thanks for the tip . I think I can buy n keep my breast pump n pass it to my sis n cousin next time.

Ya I agree that boys are more mischievous n at a point they will become hum sup .lol. Gana attack by my nephews a few times . But if they get whinny n cry for nothing .. I can't stand too.. N I will scold them n ask them be a man la..

Shit .. I think my maternal instinct haven kick in ... I talk so much I think my Bb will get angry n close legs tomorrow..

ya gal very cute.. i love gals and then u can dress them up. Then my gal very vain also.. always look at herself in the mirror and exclaimed "wow.. so pretty" esp when she wearing new clothigns.. haha..

Shes always stick to me when i am preparing to go work so she always imitate me putting on makeup esp putting on face powder where she will use left hand as compact powder and the right hand like a sponge and she will dab dab right hand with left and and then spread over her face.. super super cute.

Even cuter when she takes the bra and try to wear using her neck to hold them in place and walk aruond.. haha

oh igop - you are first time mummy so this is natural. I didnt bond with my gal until she was 3 mths esp when i have difficult 1st mth. Keep talking to your bb, maybe he/she will open the legs tomoorrow to show u. :D

Re weight

I went see my gynae on 5 Apr, but too busy at work with audit to update much on forum.. and too tired at home! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

on the scan the weight printed was like 248g for like 18 weeks? Now compared to simbaobao, i think my bb feels overweight... :S

Re gender

I also asked Dr Adrian to make a guess at gender since baby was moving around, easier to peep, and he said might be boy! but can't confirm [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

simbaobao

hahaha.. aiyo, ur little one so cute... fetus oso got privacy one hor.. tatz wat it meant.. for my #1, he is a shameless fetus, leg open big big like free show like tat.. the sonagrapher even told me it is so hard to miss knowing his gender..LOL!! coz he kept turning towards the scan with his leg open wide.. wahahhahaa..

Re weight

i remember my scan use to have the weight one but then tis time i got twice from him n nv see any indication from the scan le.. maybe my gynae nv on the weigh estimation on his sonagraph machine.. so till now i dunnoe watz the weight of my bb, anyway itz not accurate oso la.. heee..

hellooo...

it's TGIF! yeah! although i'm still on mc! hahahah...

my shingles drying up liao, now is the itchy stage.

bb gals sound sooo adorable. actually boys also can be very sai nai. my mil asked my BIL's son if he want a didi or mei mei to play with him, he said didi. my SIL also asked one of her sons (another nephew) if he wants didi or mei mei to play with him, he also said didi. hence, my MIL thinks i maybe having a boy. there are so far no bb gals in my in laws side, only 4 boys. HB will love to have a bb gal though. next week will be seeing gynae, hopefully can see gender. quite excited.

i'm still confused with all the breast pumps. we look around at mothercare, there are so many models by medela already. don't know which one is better. is medela PIS the only model that is rechargeable? or are there any other brands or models? i definitely need one that is battery operated as once i return to work after 4 mths ML, since there is no nursing room in my office and must do in the toliet. can't use meeting room as meeting rooms can't be locked.

also, can i ask if this rate is considered ok? $450 for 7 sessions of malay massage and each session is 1.5 hours.

Kelly: Yes dual pump. Only get dual pump. Single pump or manual pump no use de.

Daddysbao: Haha.. so cute.. the way you describe. No lah.. its too early to gauge. Anyway gynae will comment one if so. I cannot remember mine which was taken about 2 weeks back but mine still in early stage cos i only in my 14 or 15 weeks nia.

But i do remember for my #1, during my 2nd trim, i put on weight so fast that my gynae actually ask me to watch what i eat. faint.. it was so stressful that time.. haiz.

p3pp3r: my #1 also like that.. open legs big big and my gynae will tell my hubby - see thats the "hamburger" - my hubby flush immediately.. it was so hilarious..

daddybao: no la.. i haven't go into week 18 mah.. so will be able to catch up soon.. haha but i hope it doesn't grow too huge.. am scared wait cannot go natural birth.. coz i plus size liao if baby oso plus den cham liao..

p3: haha he know must let mummy see den mummy can go hopping for him mah.. my sis know hers @ wee 12 and week 16 lo.. i was telling her.. maybe baby know let mummy know later better coz govt giving money.. more money to shop..

Hi All, TGIF!

Havent logged in for a few days, was away on course.

Finally...my next visit is tomorrow morning! After a long wait of 1 month. Hope everything is fine and we'll get to find out about the gender [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mareike

hope u recover fully soon...

medela freestyle can be battery operated n not as noisy as PIS.. u may wanna consider it.. quite small n handy..

ilovesashimi

LOL!!! so funny right?? the way they present themselves on the screen...

simbaobao

in fact i din do alot of shopping for him, alot of stuffs r being pass down, especially clothes.. oso becoz wanna save money during tat time.. :p

ur baby is real smart.. like tat by then mommy got more money to spend liao.. wahahahahhaaha...

Mareike - Usually when so many kids say boy, could be boy. Haha.. for mine, all my hubby's cousnis said it was a girl for #1 cos they all didnt have mei mei. All their #1 are gals and from #2 onwards, all boys.

As for model, I am not very familiar too. I only go by brands and yet get those can have battery operated ones - good for gg back to office. My excompany also dun have meeting rooms that can be locked or nursing room, but we used storeroom. U see if your company got clean storeroom and then get the keys from auntie. I feel sad pumping milk in toilet leh.. unless really no choice.

For massage - yes this price is quite exp. I remembered mine 2 years back was around the same price but for 10 session. Typically massage shold be around 40-50 max per session. There could be a price hike which i am not aware but this one kinda exp i feel. Maybe see what other mummies say ba.

I Juz experienced something amazing.. I can felt BB tapping when I placed my fingers on my tummy .. I tot is I felt wrongly n asked hb to feel it.. He felt it too..

@Simbaobao: Good for you and hubby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My hubby keep knocking on my tummy this morning, and say "Knock knock, papa's here". BB heck care him.

So far, only I felt the tapping. Hubby no chance yet.

Back