(2011/05) May 2011

RE: linear nigra

no leh... nothing show yet .... thought saw a short one last week... wanted to hubby... then didnt see any ... hubby stil laugh say where got so fast ... haiz...

any mummies have any nice cupcakes to recommend for baby's full month? and those helium balloons sites or places/shops where we can order from?

Winnedy

Yeah lo.. Dunno why leh. Maybe becos Yeoh used 's scanning machine inside her room and the one outside are abit different??

Serene

Yeap. Walking is a good form of exercise of course.

Elbarc

Yeah lo. I just walked away from my desk and talked to my mom on the phone. Keeps me awake for a while though. Haz.

Auroa

Tks but not this type... Abit space occupying hoh.

Starfruit

Oh okok. So I will start to cook normal chicken soup again.... I stopped for quite a number of weeks liao. Lazy.. Heehee.

Wayne

I have this line during #1 but now #2, dun seem to have this line leh.

Kaykay

Take care yeah.

vv..cause my line is very obvious for #1 but not for this one..and I cannot remember when it will show so asking you all.

bunnymum, you can try partcity, located at Holland v and raffles city..alternatively, you can buy online from birthday direct and rent the helium tank from party city.

Yoyo:- thks.. Going to see doc soon..

Bunnymum:- so fast have linear nigra alrd??

And is it common for our belly button pop out or swollen..? Sounds painful..

Wayne

Yeah, I also feel like this time #2 is different eh.

Dolly

Thats a fast labour :)

Kaykay

Its common to have bellybutton pop out. Some may not have. I didnt have it pop-out during #1. #2 - so far, maybe not pop out yet.

kaykay.. ya lor.i'm having a boy boy..duno is that why so fast pop out.. at first i just feel the side alittle swollen n itch..later on it starts poppin more n more esp when fuller. hee!

ironically i had abit of the linear nigra before i was pregnant. i guess bad genes fr my mum.hehe! it got darker during the pregnancy.

vv & bunnymum:- sounds so scary and painful if bellybutton really pops out. Usually my mother tell me not to 'play' with bellybutton, even 'play' awhile also red & painful alrd, can't imagine if pops out.. o_O

I am carrying a boy too but so far belly haven't pop out ahh..

Auroa & apple:- my gynae told me that baby moves alrd all the time until when they r ready to be delivered den they will get into their head down position, which most babies will do.. My lil one moves alrd all the time that I too blur, where's the head and where's the butt now..??

Apple, how u know ur baby cross leg sia?? o_O

Auroa, my baby kicks all felt on my belly instead, can see the movements on my belly moving..

Re: Labour

Can more mums share about ur #1 labour experience..

I very scare I will faint or in pain for long hours..

Roughly how long??

Kaykay, my belly button also pop out but no pain. But is right, better not to play or dig the belly button as it is link to the ambilical cord.

As for my labour, it is induced and took me 14.5 hours to deliver my boy with epidural and vaccum. I surrender to epidural after 4 hours of pain.

Thanks wayne's mummy for the good sites for the bday supplies.. so sweet the items inside..

re belly button - i heard fr my family if still dry, ok. if got fluid or anythg coming out, better see doc. so pain and itch, i dare nt touch it altho fingers more itchy to touch it when it's itchy. ;p

aiyo.. so scary to hear abt labour pains and the injections, etc etc.. hope all of us get easy and fast, less pain labour (no pain is not possible la so i better nt write-hee!) and smooth delivery of our babies in May !!

Hi mummies,

Just came back from gynae. Baby and me are fine. My bleeding was caused by a "paullid" growth in my cervix...It's nothing serious or life threatening....will not affect baby at all :D

iloveparis..thank god nothing serious [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bunnymum, you are welcome..you can also go to overseas spree to look for more online party shop other than birthday direct.

Hi Mummies,

I have one NEW (unused) Philips Avent Single Electric Breast Pump to let go.

All under original packings. Come in a bundle pack with Seal discs, breast shell and nipple protector.

Retail: S$ 239/-

Selling @ S$220/-

Self-Collect: Hougang or Sengkang MRT

PM me if interested

vv - wah seh..old folks said so issit? bb crossed legs means smart? hmm..she is smart, but pls don't out smart us or else difficult to handle! anyway I find all kids are smart now

kaykay - my #1 crossed legs..not #2 :p

Wayne:- 14.5hrs??! OMG.. Must be very painful. Need vaccum somemore?!

Iloveparis:- ease to heard that everything is doing fine for you.

Apple:- how u know cross leg?? Scan can see??

Bunnymum:- ya labour so scary.. Hope all of us get fast & easy labour. Most importantly is healthy babies!!

kaykay,

mine was 22 hours. Water bag burst but cervic not ready. So have to induce.

The pushing part is about 30-45 mins.

Hello mommies,

How often do your babies kick at this stage? I feel my baby's kicks only like once or twice a day, and usually v gentle. Is that normal? I about 22 weeks going on 23.

Is anyone going for Mdm's Wong Antenatal classes on 23 Jan? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

kaykay

Yeah, dun 'mess' around wz yr bellybutton yea.. Heehee...Talk about labour, am now only worried early labour. Yours is #1 or?

Winnedy

yeah lo... takes about 20mins like tat. Keep us posted of your gender yeah. Did Yeoh make any guesses previously on the gender?

iloveparis

Glad tat you are fine... Try to rest more yeah.

Apple

Yeah la, but alot says so and quite zhen de lo.

i feel so uncomfortable when my bb is kicking.. can feel it especially hard when i bend down.

VV: i also thinking of starting my chick soup soon, maybe after i see gynae on sat. Even birdnest, i have not started. if u can buy kampong chicken.

Kaykay, yes fr the final few visits scan all showing her crossing legs..so my gynae said no chance to go natural at all..faint

Winnedy:- water bag burst? 22hrs induce but pushing so fast?? WAH.. My mum told me I came out with the water bag (very easy & painless) den the water bag burst after I came out.. o_O my dad delivered me at home,last-min kind.. So u pain for 22hrs?!

vv:- ya mine #1 and I scare early labour. My husband was once a premature 7th month term baby & heard it was scary that he has to stay in hospital with tubes poke into the head till discharge.. Got genes link anot ahh??

starfruit:- ya me too, mine kicks so hard that I can see & jump upon his kicks.. But aren't kicks good?? It made me more worried if he stay quiet now.. den I start walking ard den lie down flat to test for his respond & kicks.. Makes me ease when he kicks again..

Btw, bird's nest I started eating ard, once a week. Heard good for mummies & babies.. baby come out will white white fair fair '白白胖胖',skin very good..hehe..

apple:- cross leg means c-section?? o_O how come??

kaykay - complete breech position means bb head up then both legs cross. Normally gynae will advise c-sec coz there is no way he/she can deliver the bb naturally..also dangerous for the mummy to go for natural.

Hi mummies bow is everybody? So far I can experience baby kicking rather gently at the bottom and lower pelvic area few times a day too. I also realize from my bad posture of leaning down to pick up things instead of squatting like what mrs wong says, is starting to give my backaches. So I think have to start doing pelvic exercises and arms exercises for the boobs too. Starting to get uncomfortable to sleep. So far no leg cramps or heartburn yet think that part comes later. Verified veins starting to pop.... Quite scary.....

Morning mummies.

Dolly i wanna ask u for the recipe for bird nest. How much water must i use to double boil 1 piece of birdnest? Add the rock sugar at the end? Mine is small rock sugar, i dunno how many pieces i should add, about 4-5 small pieces of sugar? N the soaking prior to boiling is using normal room temp water for 45 mins right? After tat rinse n put in fresh water to boil. Stress now cos i dunno how to prepare. Sorry for my lengthy question. I only remember i need to ask u the expert :p

Kaykay, so far the birdnest according to some of my other mummy frens are myth esp for the part on bb having fair skin. I have some mummy frens who take diligently throughout but bb still turn out pretty dark skinned. So i concluded its more genetic when it comes to skin cour. But i do know tat it helps nourish the lungs though. Anyway its good lah if can afford just take some.

And why r u 'playing' with your belly button. Should just leave it cosots of nerves there n with bb pressing down will affect the nerves.

Dolly , you long zi is very popular, a lot of my fren uses them. Did u used him for your ger's name? i did not use cos we selected our own name in the end.

starfruit : don't be stressed! it's easy... use 3/4 small bowl of water. i use small rock sugar too, so 4-5pcs are ok (but end of the day if it's too sweet, you can reduce the quantity) soaking of the birdnest, preferably use warm water so that it can clear away the "smell"... soak till it's soft, don't be too specific about the time..

don't have to rinse the birdnest, can transfer into the slow cooker/double boil immediately with fresh hot water...

let me know if it's unclear...

you long zi, sigh... didn't use it for my ger's name coz all the names he gave me is soo "tu"...

dolly, ok ok.. hahah.. i seriously stress over this BN prep method.. haha.. ok ok i wrote all the instruction down on my note book already, will try this weekend. first time doing this as all along i have been conusumng the bottled ones. Hope i dun burn it.. hehe. Thank again for your help.

Actually i agree with u, you long zi names quite "tu". so r u considering using him this round? yours #2 is boy right?

Morning everyone!

I'm actually from the June thread but would like to join this thread too. My EDD is mid June but since I'm expecting twins, my gynae said it's usually 3 weeks early and hence end of May.

Someone posted that the TAKA baby fair is in March. Any idea if there's any other baby fairs coming up? I need to start getting my stuff ready and I've not done anything! Btw, do they sell safety gates at the TAKA baby fair?

dolly, sorry sorry a few more questions. The red date i add in when i start the double boiling process right? how about the rock sugar, add at the beginning or at the last 10 mins of the boiling process. So 1 bowl double boil for 45 mins? or 1 hr?

welcome syrah, is yours identical or fraternal twins? one of my mar 07 mummy fren has a pair of B/G twins.

yeah they sell almost everything at the taka fair. Actually u dun need to get safety gates so early. The only time u need is when they start walking/crawling at about 10 - 12 mths. I bought a gate but ended up not using cos not required.

starfruit : you can add-in, red dates, ginseng, rock sugar, birdnest all together then fill up with hotwater... double boil about 2 hrs, slowcook about 4 hrs.

Starflower: Hope you remember the proper way of picking up things most of the time! =)

Hi Syrah! Congrats on your twins!

I don't know about other baby fairs but I've just been to the John Little Expo sale last night and they also have some baby stuff like cots, strollers, baby needs, etc. You may want to consider going down to take a look. I think it will be on until 16 Jan 2010. HTH. =)

starfruit : ya lor.. didn't know the names given by you long zi can be so "tu".. coz we have a name for my ger at that time.. so we asked him how about the name that we have in mind, he said so-so.. so we just go ahead and use our name instead of his..

as for this boy, we don't have any name in mind. so what's he has any names for us to choose..

dolly, ok ok noted all down already, i wanna try tomorrow [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] keep u updated hope i dun burn the birdnest.. haahah.

BTW, isit bitter if i add the ginseng, i alwasy associate the bitter taste with ginseng.

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Mine's fraternal twins. Dunno the gender yet. I'm going for my detailed scan end of this month so hopefully babies cooperate that day.

Starfruit,

I'll need to get the baby gates soon as I need to separate the dogs from the babies. At present they sleep in the same room as we do but since babies will be in the room in future, have to start training them to sleep elsewhere. Hence the need for the baby gates now as part of their training! I also intend to buy the playpen/yard gate - the 6-sided fence type. These 2 things are my top most priority!

Syrah,

congrats on your twins.

safety gates you can try Toys r us at vivocity, baby kingdom and the one next to baby kingdom.

IKEA also has some but hv to check with them if there is stock.

Back