(2011/03) Mar 2011

2ks, I read ur "frog" so decided to come in and kpo.

Amazon has got very positive reviews on that frog!

Why frog, I dun like frog.. -_-

But nvm, what are the whole series? Ok to let the turning 6mths old baby to watch?

pixie: yes...its really good...

kyler wants to watch the rest of the frog under the learning dvd 1, so i let him watch lo.

anyway its numbers la, no harm i find..

milktea: its too early la! when he can talk or so, i think 18 months will be good for them to start...

dont stress the kids la..

its leapfrog learning dvd set..

its very worth...

no need to teach and they know their phonics..

tres: its leapfrog dvd learning set. its very good to let the kids learn the alphabets and phonics..

pixie: yday kyler took a blanket then he cover himself and he tell me "C - cold"

he pronounced correctly..and quite cute i find..

even my hubby said its good..

although he was nagging when i made him send me to yr sis plc

Tres,

7am to 9pm is soooo long lor .. 14hr leh. What is your pumping interval now/

I travel few wks back .. pumped 6.30am & 6-7pm ... also wan to explode liao. But ho ... my overall supply drop after 1 wk lor ..

Then when i back here i back to my 3x pump but the yield like lesser leh .. even 8hr also like no feeling to pump (boobs sag & not full lor)

My boobs is ready to 2x pump daily but i'm sure it wouldn't be enough for Shay lor .. unless i prepare to sub the fm .. But i feel like unfair to Shay leh coz i tbf my #1 till 14mths. So i told myself unless my boobs strike, else i wouldn't do that due to my laziness .. struggle to hang on there ..

2k> yes leh... i use the electric pump.... got prob.. i send back she test and she snet me new ones.... then i asked am i the only one exchanging.. maybe my expectations too high or they are supposed to be bound to have air after a while??

After initial vacuum all flat flat hard hard de... after few days/weeks, got air liaoz... i bought alot.. so i used many bags.. abt 7 in use.. some ok..some really got air...

then i also paiseh... not want to be fussy but if its meant to be like that after a while a bit air de ..then ok loh.. but if its supposed to stay deflated... then the bag got prob la...

and i ask her..she said not supposed to be have air....... >.<"" then is the bag prob le....

anyway, i'm sending last few for exchange and if still like that i let it be le la...

LeapFrog

Yesh!!! i just ordered about 30sets from last batch orders..and arrrived last week... RY also love the Letter Factory and everyday i want " watch lapfog" liaoz...

I find it very educational and i learnt from it too..some sounds i also didnt know it like that pronnounce de... or supposed to pronounce like that de... good buy!!!

And cheap cheap la... i got..

1. Leapfrog Learning Set

2. Leapfrog Learning Set Vol 2.

3. Numbers Ahoy

I saw KP sell ONE DVD for $24.90 lo....

Now almost 7-8 DVDs only less than $70 with shipping... cheap cheap la....

jaster: the frog hor...learning dvd set cost about $45 in BP...

but if buy from amazon think $32 all in...

rough gauge la..the price go up & down

2K> mine was $28 only... for the Learning Set itself... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

But Mummies in this thread still too early la...

its our #1 watching now... until they can walk and understand things.. no need the frogs... its meant for 3-6yrs... though i think 2yrs is a good time to start.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Now then i realised LeapFrog stuffs VERY educational loh... i used to think Fisherprice is good.. Leapfrog is so much better!!

milktea> Yah!! I never give the frog a 2nd look cuz its GREEN... i HATE green stuffs.. hahahahha....

but.. its really good la... :p

rach: i use the manual pump...i love her bags when i go travel...

pack and squeeze and flat one..

so far me no prob

but i do encounter one bag broke...i tot maybe i draw too much...

and yes...i also lor..i dun even know how is the pronounciation of some of the letters...

but now i think kyler is more clever than me lor..

now i am teaching him numbers...

he is generally slower than others le...

rach: maybe cos you buy during the price drop?

i already tell u before, i dont mind paying a few dollars more one..

i factor in postage, collection, petrol...

so pixie sis is nearer for me...

i travel to yishun petrol prob cost more than $4

sinmey: based on what shay is drinking...u cannot drop one pump yet la...

our boobs very ting hua hor...

they simply dont allow us to be lazy...

yes...go buy the leapfrog dvd..its really good...

i am going to get more...

rach: the frog not so nice lor...not cute one..

but whatever, they really teach them well...lol

2k> oh u bought from pixie sis... Hehe... Yah... Amazon price siao siao one....

Now the learning set is a few cents cheaper than what I got...

And numbers ahoy even cheaper!!

Wa Lao!! But few cents ok la...

But vol 2 is now US$4 more exp leh!!! Kaoz!!!

Hahaha... Right at this moment.. Helper on tv...

Morning was watching Barney.... RY said... Leapfog leapfog!! I wan leapfog!! Hahaha....

Now watching Let's go to school!

Btw 2K> Semb to Yishun petrol confirm less than $4 la!!

1 litre 10km....

2 litre 20km...

Maybe to n fro $2... Wahahahahah.....

Some mummies I ask them courier $5.20 they tell me they rather drive here cheaper than $5.... >.<"" and they stay east n west de... Now come to think of it... Courier $5 should be cheaper... Lol...

Hi Mummies!!

Just had some mooncake for tea-break cos today got mooncake fair in office... heart Sheraton Hotel's traditional mixed nuts mooncake... really yummy... cos theirs dun have orange peel skin in it which I dun like =)

Regarding milk intake for Bb C:

1. 120-150ml per feed, 3-4hrly

2. 5-7 feeds, depends on what time she wake up for her 1st feed. Some times she wake up at ard 1-2am then most likely she need 7 feeds. Norm is 6 feeds.

3. Mid-morning ard 10am she will eat cereal - 1 rounded tbsp HB Brown Rice cereal + 1 scoop enfalac then evening ard 7 plus will eat 1x puree before milk

The above feeding normal?

rach: i got other sprees from her la...so shun bian mah...

my hubby petrol and cashcard all paid by company one..so its actually ok..

but sbw is nearer to yishun la

hahaha.. thank you all mommies for the info yah! =P will go take a look... hopefully by the time Jovan gets to watch, it won't be outdated! hahaa.. when is it suitable for them to watch leh?

^5 sinmey, my boy drinks a lot too! I was worried when I see others with so much smaller intake. Hmmm I wonder if it's becos he's a boy and rather tall for his age. He's already over 80cm now.

1. 180-200ml per feed, 3.5hrly 

2. 5-6 feeds, depends on what time he wake up for his 1st milk. He usually zzz from 8pm to 7am but if chu pattern, he will wake up at 3-4am.

3. total intake in a day? abt 1000 ml

2k> no worries la... Nv say u must get from me... Just tellin u I was spreeing this .... And I didn't knw where u get from also...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Oh cuz from the start I ask RY u Want to watch leapfrog?? So she rem the leadfog... Pronounce not accurate yet but I know she wants the leapfrog...

wah went to pump n come back all the post about frog

who?

leap, ted, lily

and eddie the fly in some DVDs

series (in this order)

letter factory

talking words factory

code word caper 2

learn to read at the story book factory

(and sometimes, lets go to school)

then also the maths series

the rest not important one leh i feel

my #1 on leapfrog since 1yo+ liao...very ez to learn phonics

Regarding milk intake for bb:

1) yesterday just increased to 210ml per feed, 4hrly

2) 4 feeds

3) total 840ml

Tink it's like very little. But bb seems ok with the increase to 210ml leh.. Planning to start intro cereal next weekend.

rach: yeah...just tell u i factor in delivery, postage and collection too when i buy stuff la..

cos cheaper from here but add in other cost might not be cheap le

mimimo: we are talking for the #1, not our babies la

I like to think Maybe my bm is v powerful haha :p

Hb is 175cm, I'm 170cm, guess it's genes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mimimo> wahh!! U are very tall!!! 175cm for a guy us normal but 170 for a gal is very tall!! Must have inherited ur gene!!! Hee...

Hur hur hur, i think must be some genetics in the making cos my parents are less than 160cm but my 2 bros and I are >=170cm.

2ks

You " see me too up"! I don't think I can make the cut as a SYT(sweet young thing). The lifespan of air stewardess is v short and once you are pregnant, you have to resign immediately. Plus I can't resist good food hee hee.. End up I still work for an airline but in the office :p

Just some random-ness!

My hb go to the Istore and found this application and ask me to download and try... Super lame... But somehow really make me feel like i'm actually same as the game..

Search for : Milk the Cow

Sinmey, bo pain leh! I will try to pump in between if my boobies can take it! COz I will be on the move (with most guys) so i willhave to be really discreet abt it! Sian to think of it! Sigh, wish me luck.

SS sure drop but no choice lor, will be travel more often so have to make a choice! I will bf as much as I can ba!

hahah, leap frog i see! 2Ks, pixie you sure know how to make the mummies w #1 'gian'! hahahah

Rach > haha, then next time, I should drive over instead of using the courier lah, based on your calculation, it's definitely cheape r right? hahaha

Teresa> I just googled... Ur place to my place is 15.3km by drive... To n fro is 30.6km. Thats almost 2-3litre petrol. Abt $4-5?

Courier more wu Hua.

Usually I consider the time travelled and spent... U can play with ur kid for an hour.. Instead of stuck in jam...

Now most things I courier... Saves me precious time n money...

hhhaa... rach, you power lah! Can analysis to such extend! ok ok, noted, courier more wu hua! hahahah. Anyways, if i were to drive to your place, it will be @ night ba!

ha, i can have some 'me' time mah! Is it me ah? When at work I miss my bb but when I'm home, i wish someone will take over caring for her! really Love - Hate relationship sia!

Teresa> u ask me ma... I need to provide proof to substantiate my answer ma.... This one is iPhone map say de... Hahaa....

Oh if u have time to sneak out and enjoy that "me time" then by all means...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'll be too tired to go out once home...

Nite are usually fine unless I'm out la...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tres, mummies with #1 can look at bb Einstein DVD. I bot the set when my #1 but she only like few of them. Maybe I should dig out for shay to watch.

hi, I have baby spa package to let go. left 7-8 swim but expiring in 30 Oct 11. Happy to let go at $60 to recover some milk powder money. ideal for babies around 2-6mths. Bigger babies will enjoy their swim better in the bigger pool and you will have to top up $5 to use the bigger pool. call me at 90685338.

Sinmey: I hv the baby Einstein too... Kyler gets bored and he learns nothing... But leapfrog I let him watch 3-5 times he already can say a few letters pronunciation... Very effective..

May I know when can we introduce leapfrog and Einstein DVD to our babies? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'm giving him baby touch now but I think too young to appreciate. Is there anything else we can do to simulate them? Thks for sharing!

GOOD MORNING!!!

it's the frog again.... Haha....

Yah and RY woke up and said... Leapfrog again... So she's watching it now...

LEAPFROG DVDS

it's meant for 3-6yrs old as stated on the product....

But I think nowadays 2 yr old is a good time to start... Just when they are starting to learn to speak..

Maybe even 18mos if they are fast enough...

So long they are able to sit down and watch, I think they're ready...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Personally I think they will only be interested or appreciate the DVDs after 12mos.... Whatever gimmick to stimulate at 6-12mos... I really dunno if they really benefit.. We can't tell and they dun seem to be enjoying or understanding it... Lol....

mimimo: i dont think their age now there is anything to stimulate them...i think MILK stimulates them...LOL

when they sit unassisted, what i usually do is i let him feel those touch & feel books..i have a few...no need to buy too many cos by then the books will be simple very boring for them.

i let him practice more on motor skills.

prob that why kyler can pick up small stuff at a young age.

not all babies motor skills are good de.

baby can read, i also have (all burnt copies), to be frank i dont find it effective...its boring...

18-24 months is a good time to intro, or i should say when your baby can speak a few words..

or can understand simple words

but....not all babies can sit still also lor.

but i noticed something...most babies (Most) love barney...

kyler already dont like barney la.

but he learnt how to keep his toys from barney...i sang him the song "clean up" whenever i want him to keep the toys..

and till now, its still effective, he will keep all his toys after playing.

2ks...suprisingly my son is very interested in your baby can read..coz i was playing for the sister not him..but he nowadays will ask for mei mei show..coz got a bit of song in between..but he cant read a single of the flash word..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif],...so i guess the YBCR lasted longer than i expected..hahaha

he loves the frog..he also know pirate pythagoras and alistair alphabelly from the latest number ahoy and amazing alphabet..and the song CD from set 2..he actually know which song is from which frog disc..

so he wil tell me he wants pirate pythagoras song, he wants ted song, he want alistair alphabelly

n his stupid thomas coz his daddy indulge him in tt...he never watch barney before..i also dont know y maybe coz i myself dont like the purple dinosaur lor..

jaime: that is very clever lor...

really? i played YBCR for kyler when he was younger, he doesnt seem interested.

maybe i shall try again...

hi hi morning mummies,

abit late...butttt...with regards to intake of milk,

my baby drinks 150-160ml per feed, bottle feed 4 times and latch another 2-3 times..total intake mayb ard 850-900ml bah..i havent start cereal or puree yet...am stil waiting for him to reach 6mths then intro these...caz i have skin allergy n i m pure lazy..haha..BM easier mah...

i have YBCR leh, x1 keen lah, i started at 8mths...

now for x2, i got played once or twice but shes not keen.

but recently, when korkor watches tv, she will be so engrossed, no blink eyes, neck/head crane forward (like tortoise) to watch telly

another TV addict like korkor....winner.....

Back