(2011/03) Mar 2011

the TT teether hor, i put whole thing inside my bb gags all the time and make vomiting sound, only can bite half a section of it

vosiez, zenia, thanks. haha.

that day, my baby also babbled ma ma....but i thought it was just a coincidence cos after that no more liao....

pixel, 180ml, 5 feeds, total around 850ml a day... some feeds he drinks more, some less.

pixie, ya... my gal does tt too... she only bites on one side. i think the teether looks small but their mouth even smaller :p

my bb intake

1. 150ml of ml per feed, any feed before 12pm is 100-120ml... she cant eat more before lunch :p

2. how many feeds a day? 7 -8 feeds depending on how hardworking is daddy. norm bb is fed at abt 10 - 11pm... and if daddy sleeps after 12am, then norm he'll dreamfeed bb. if not then prob bb would wake up in the middle of the night at ard 4-5am...

3. total intake in a day, wa this is a difficult question... some times she siao siao can finish more than 1liter, sometimes less than tt

pixie:

1. 130-150ml per feed,

2. how many feeds a day? 5-6 feeds

3. total intake in a day? 770ml, if he wake up early like 4-5am, add one more 130ml feed.

zenia

meaning min your bb takes 950ml

2 x 100 ml for morning (before noon), remaining min 5 feeds at 150ml each, total 950ml?

my bb intake

1. 120ml per feed. I don't dare to feed more cos she still regurgitates occasionally.

2. 6 feeds a day

3. total intake in a day - about 720ml

2ks, i alr reduce by 100ml liao but i scared i reduce liao then she need more how? i don wan her to drink febm leh dilemma... u reduce to how much? i also dunno how to reduce cos my gal's drinking pattern like not v fix de lor. but if i feed her i will feed 4.5hrly cos i hate to see her not finishing her milk de. now if i feed 3hrly she sure drink only 100ml lor. dam sian. but if my mum take care she still can drink 150ml per 3hrly leh... i ask my mum how she drink, she say she jus feed her. haiz...

last few days i tried to pump 8hrly then i think my right boob like block like tt... now pump bm less 30ml man... i sense the block ducts coming liao... need to rescue else jia lat.

zenia: i pump i think got 1.1L or so...depends de..trying to reduce to 900ml-1L or so when i intro solids.

u dont intend to give her the febm then how? u got chest freezer rite? the longer u freeze the smell of the EBM will be stronger leh.

why u dont one in one out, since she taking 5 feeds daily, 1 feed of febm is ok de...

or use the febm to add in cereal for her?

for me, i am lucky la, cos i got kyler to clear the febm together with didi..one packet 300ml, half for didi, half for kyler, if kyler cannot finish it will goes to my dogs...no wastage..LOL

i noticed different ppl feed baby might react differently...

do u latch her?

wahaha, 2ks... u not scared ur dogs bui bui arh. i got chest freezer, tt one store for the sake of storing de lar. my aim is to give her only chilled ebm. if chest freezer full liao then throw away lor. nvm lar... i'll try to reduce to 1000ml each day maybe starting next wk? hahaha

i haven been latching my gal since i came back to work, now i put my neh infront of her she don even wanna see. try puting it inside her mouth she don wanna suck.

my bb intake

1. varies: ard 150ml-180ml per feed, but sometimes 120ml, esp on the last feed cos she 'milk drunk' already hehe

2. ard 6-7 feeds (incl nitefeeds and feeds with partial cereal [cos she thirsty for milk after eating])

3. total intake in a day: nvr calculate, but ard 1000ml maybe?

zenia: not always got balance milk la...sometimes i pour away, if fresh one got balance, i will give them...if febm sometimes i just pour away..

wah...throw away the febm then why u buy a chest freezer to store? u might as well dont store mah...rite?

otherwise is your aim to give her the febm when u going to stop bf?

if yes, must intro abit to her leh, otherwise most likely will reject later

i dunno whether is it cos this time round i latch kiefer more and longer, he super sticky to me leh...he can be those kind that others ppl carry but his eyes look at me, i walk left he look left, i walk right he look right

zenia

u still pumping so much ah?

i dropped long time ago liao. just before going back to work i oredi decrease it. now i pump ard 900ml, at most is 1Ltr

i skip night pumping lah, then i latch my gal, the overnight bm in my boobs i clear in the morning, so naturally decrease in production le...

now i pump per 8hrly, i maybe have to switch to 12hrly coz next mth i have to go travel for work...how to pump ah, coz this time round is training - whole day kind leh

SIANZZZZ

sure output decrease de!

Pixie

Eden drinks

1) 150 ml x 4 perday at 3.5 hours interval. 10-1030pm last feed is 180ml

2) total 5 feeds per day. Sometimes siao siao 4-5am wake up latch once.

3) total intake 750-780ml + one latch in middle of night

pixie: i also stop night pumping since confinement...simply cant get up to pump...

if 2 days pump 12 hourly then still can go back...

but one week...most likely cannot go back lor..

otherwise try to pump shorter period can?

wah!!! my gal cfm drinks little

1) 120ml x 3-4 feeds a day. 1030pm last feed is 140ml

*those 120ml feeds always got leftover to throw away one de!

2) total 4-5 feeds a day. at night latch once, maybe 100ml for the latch

3) total intake is 700ml; but i guess is lesser than this amount considering i keep throw away leftovers

2Ks: Maybe I should decrease his cereal so that he will still have room for milk hor? Or should I just continue with his full meal?

Zenia: I'm feeding him Healthy Times cereal. I follow the instructions on the box which says 8tbsp for a full meal. Usually he will be able to finish the cereal. If I give him BM after that, he will at the most take another 50ml.

Pixie:

1. 100-140ml per feed,

2. how many feeds a day? 6-7 feeds

3. total intake in a day? 700-800ml

Teether: Tried giving my boy teether but he dun like leh. He prefers his hand...always trying to shove his whole fist in. Sometimes he will gag and keep coughing.

babyhapie: your baby 6 months already?

for me, i will not reduce his milk feed, it is not suppose to have drastic difference in his milk feed la...

but but but...its up to individual preference too..

lets say u give him cereal with bm, then next feed reduce 20ml, but the cereal already with the bm so = the same amount that he take in...

u get what i meant?

Chloe drinks

1) 160 ml per feed. But thinking to increase to 170 ml already cos she will eh eh a bit after the milk bottle is emptied, but ok once we burp her leh... So does it mean she's still hungry or what???

2) 5 feeds a day

3) total 800ml

Btw is there any pros and cons between giving a full febm feed vs splitting the febm into say 3 feeds topped up with chilled ebm? Currently I'm doing 3-feed spilt cos I rem reading somewhere that febm don't have antibodies already, so am mixing in chilled ebm for the antibodies. Is what I'm doing ok?? Febm after fully thawed if can finish within 24 hrs is ok rite, or is it count from the time brought down from freezer? Cos my fridge takes almost 24hrs to thaw leh...

2Ks: "lets say u give him cereal with bm, then next feed reduce 20ml, but the cereal already with the bm so = the same amount that he take in... u get what i meant?"

Me catch no ball... chim... *scratch head*

2ks: yup.. I use BM to mix the cereal. But dunno how much la cos I just add till the cereal is the right consistency. He will not b able to take his milk immediately aft cereal. So I will give him milk abt 1 hr later n he can take abt 70-80ml.

Airmez: I think 2ks meant if u add 20ml to your cereal, your next feed reduce by 20ml to 150ml so your boy's total is still 170ml. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Ladies, we are looking for mums whose babies are now 0 to 12 months for a short 15 min survey in our office. Token - 30 bucks NTUC voucher. Criteria: You must be user of Abbott brand of formula milk e.g. Similac or Gain IQ. Interested mums, kindly SMS me yr name, yr age, hp no. and baby's month to 97640028. Thanks, Sally

Shay's milk intake seems a lot compare to the bb here ..

1. 180-200ml per feed, 3.5hrly

2. 5-6 feeds, depends on what time he wake up for his 1st milk.

eg: If he wakes up 4am like today, most like he need 6 feeds

3. total intake in a day? abt 1000 ml

finally, my boy eating his pumpkin puree after 3rd try today. phew!

Kaiser's milk intake

1. 170-200ml per feed about 3.5 to 4hrly (except 1st feed in morning 120ml) + 1 feed cereal or puree

2. 6 feeds

3. approx. 900+ to 1000ml

Hi Ladies, we are looking for mums-to-be who are now 13 to 36 weeks of pregnancy for a short 15 min survey in our office. Token - 30 bucks NTUC voucher. Criteria: You must be a Non-rejector or User of Abbott brand of formula milk e.g. Similac or Gain IQ for your baby. Interested mums, kindly SMS me yr name, yr age, hp no. and advise how many weeks of pregnancy to 97640028. Thanks, Sally

2ks, at first i reali wanna giv her febm de, then i read tt the antibodies in the febm is lost due to freezing then i tell myself y don jus giv her chilled ebm lor. she healthy means i got less prob ma :p and before i read tt i alr bought the freezer liao. so just store the ebm lor.

pixie, wa, good idea to skip the night pump leh... but my last pump abt 5pm then my morning pump at 6am. u think okie ma? if i skip one pump totally then i think i'll prob get abt 1000ml liao. cos night pump i get abt 300ml.

Babyhappie> yes I also think 8tbsp is alot! I've never fed that amount to RY last time also... The most is gainIQscoop 3-4 scoop.. Dunno how many tbsp is that...

For a 6mos baby, I think too much... How long u been feeding him cereal?

After a FULL MEAL cereal.. Of cuz he cannot take in milk already.... It's probably equivalent to one milk feed le..

Next milk feed logically is 3 hrs later?

I will only start w 1tsp of cereal and slowly increase to Her intake but I guess this method also will take few weeks to reach half a meal and then to replace meal... Hehe...

yes...audrey..that is what i meant..

airmez: my english no good la...that why u cant catch! LOL

audrey: the antibodies with the febm is not that significant la...as long as it is bm, it still benefits your baby...

and to me, after baby take solids, their nutrients or whatsoever, will come from other sources.

and also depending on individual baby and your pattern...

do u intend to store like me, means i stop bf le, i still have supplies of febm to give?

if like that, i will give one feed of plain FEBM...no mixing one.

to let him have the taste.

but some babies die die wont accept, so u have to mix all the way...

otherwise, if u think u wanna think later, just continue mixing till u decide on something..

to me, abit of antibodies lost is not that significant la..

zenia

suggestion is that instead of pumping at 5pm, can skip this one and pump at 8 or 9pm instead. then next pump at 6am

Zenia: Is it a lot? I follow the instruction on the box. Actually I dunno how much is enough, so I just follow the instructions lo. 1st time mummy no experience ma. Although it is 8tbsp, most of it end up on his bib n hanky. If he can't finish I wont force him.

Rach: Oh...den I think I'm too fast le. Started him on cereal 3weeks ago. Started with 1 tsp, den increase to 1tbsp, 2tbsp, 4tbsp, now is 8tbsp. Baby is now about 5mths 2weeks.

Oh dear..think I'm really giving him too much le. Are there anything bad with feeding him too much cereal? But my boy is still very slim leh. Last check on 22 Jul (4mth 3 weeks) he was only 6.3kg, 25th percentile.

Mummies, are most of your babies always smiley n happy? My boy is crancky most of the time. He got smile but he dun chuckle or LOL leh. I think I only heard him laugh a couple of time. Worry worry.

babyhappie: 8tbsp is really alot...

u feeding healthy times right?

that amount of milk i agar u add in should be around 30-40ml or so...

so if yr baby takes 80ml + the 30ml that u add on to the cereal and the bm he takes..

i think its ok leh...

but to be frank...its too much...

solids for baby now..is not meant to replace a milk feed ok..

zenia: i tell u hor..i got the mentality as u last time..but babies that drink bm doesnt mean wont fall sick easily.

last time i blame myself cos why am i feeding bm yet kyler is still sick...

but after what my gp told me, he said babies are building their own immunity so its very normal to fall sick

but one thing for sure, they do recover faster...

so in any of the case, dont blame yrself if baby fall sick...

to me as long as bm its still good...

Ok..den I'll try to decrease his cereal intake. Read somewhere that milk is still more impt for babies at this stage, right? How many tbsp is normal?

babyhappie,

my boy also taking healthy times cereal. Usually his cereal feeding at around 11am. He now 6 month old and will give 6 teaspoon of cereal. Then after around 12.30pm, will give milk. BUt when he around yr bb age, ie 5 month, I only give him 3-4 teaspoon the follow by milk.

Mummies who bought the MUMMYCENTS vacuum storage bags... U all started using or not??

I've sent 4 bags back for exchange until I paiseh liaoz... But after few days the bags all

Inflated leh... Got air inside...

U all Nv check, dun bother or no problem huh???

pixie: 9pm i not ready yet...

i lately very INTO teaching kyler...

after one month of INTENSE reading, he finally knows his A-Z..

yeah..he is slow..

x1 sleeps at 8pm, so by 9 i would be free after settling my shower, dinner, chores...at most drag till 9.30...usually i pump at 9.30 nowadays

hey good job! he likes the leapfrog or not?

pixie: usually hubby will feed kiefer, so after doing my chores, i sit down maybe 15 mins with kyler...

yes, he love the leapfrog...he always tell me "mama, i want more frog" LOL

he practically knows most of the phonics of the alphabets le..

its really good buy...

i am going to collect the whole series..LOL

Audrey ^5, my Chloe also drink 160ml per feed, 5 feeds per day!

I still think she is underfed, coz from baby centre, based on her weightr, she should be drinking 1L of milk per day! haha! Now, I'm kinda relieve. My bb is a sleeper, if she sleeps, she doesn;t want to drink!

as for pumping, I'm alr dragging, now trying to pump 2x a day, coz travelling next week, so full day out of hotel kind, can only pump in the morning and evening. Hopefully i will not have engorge boobies sia! So pump at 7am and 9pm kind, so you think it's possible? Any advise?

2ks

good for you, i oredi influenced alot of mummies to get LF liao wahahhaha...

now x1 says "i want the school frog" aka lets go to school....when inside, ted sings 5 is more than 2, i really dunno if x1 can grasp this maths or not?? LOL

tres

im thinking about the pumping too...

i think me will do 7am and once reached hotel, empty all. then before going to sleep, empty again

just to boost the supply, prevent it from dropping lor

i got v v v lazy boobs

Back