(2011/02) Feb 2011

yea yea, have u take another preg test? Have u seen a gynae yet? Try not to let ur tots run wild in the meantime ok? *hugs*

Hi Angel,

I have low hormones too and is on Progesterone jabs alternate days till 1st trim. For what i know, my gynae asked me not to take any herbs at the moment. Can i know why they asked u to stop everything wo telling you the next cause of action. Funny consultation. Seek for 2nd opinion.

angel dust, the advice from another doc meaning advice from a gynae? Since you have no clue, did you ask the doc/gynae wat is your current situation?

Hi Angel, agree with Joy07 that it's wierd that your doc didn't give you advice to the next step. Will be good to seek a 2nd gynae opinion. Or you may want to do another pregnancy test first?

Actually, how did your TCM know you have low P and HCG? Did he/she do blood tests for you previously?

Hi Angel,

Suggest u take a blood test instead of a urine test. The hcg jabs u took will still register the urine test positive, whereas a blood test will show the actual hcg levels, if everything is well, the hcg levels should be in the '000s by now.

Take care

faithandhope..sorry type..anything i meant..hee..

Angel Dust : huh they jus ask you to stop? u been trying tcm? u wanna try western doc? its always good to find another gynae..time being dont stress yrself kk??

joy07: just being curious, mind if i ask how u know u got low hormones? doc say so or u have some systoms ?

Charmine: ren! your baby is growing well while u feeling sick...week 12 is coming soon!

Welcome Irene - im also seeing Dr Ang-

Seems like alot of Dr Ang's patients in this thread. Mummies who are seeing Dr Ang.. Does that mean you are staying in Sembawang area too?

Wonder if we might bump into each other during our visits. My next visit is on 20 July.

I suspect I gt yeast infection for weeks. Nt itchy but always gt yellowish discharge. Will it harm the baby?

Just gt urinary tract infection 4 wks ago.

Hi AmazingMiracle and eviangal ...

im living in Sengkang which is far far from Sembawang area lol.

Was strongly recommended by my SIL .

Hi Miracle,

I did a bloodtest and the result is super low hormones. I took jab alternaate days to support this pregnancy. I think the systoms is mild cramp.

Hi Angel,

Suggest that you get 2nd gynae's opinion. Don't delay. And stop taking herbs as they tend to be high in mecury level. *hugz*

Hi Choc,

Tks for tabulating, my info as follows:

EDD: 25th Feb 2011

2nd Child

Gynae - Prof John Tee

Hospital - KKH

Mummies, my boobs are killing me, ache like hell. My MS yet to kick in, keeping my finger cross. (for my 1st pregnancy MS from wk8 - wk16)everyday hug toilet bowl...

Irene: I have a fren who has just delivered.. also travelled all the way from Sengkang to Sembawang just to see Dr Ang.. She say highly reco by her cousins.. She had tried consulting another gynae nearer to her area but ended up with Dr Ang still..

Hi Angel, I think its best to go to a gynae asap and see what he/she says. I think that will be the best solution and I hope everything will be fine with u and your baby

Angle : I agreed with other sisters, you should consult another gynae and get him/her to scan again.

Rachel: Yeast infection will not harm the baby at this stage. U can ask yr Dr to give you something to take. I was asked to take Lacteol fort capsule (it is a good bacteria) and try to stop eating sweet stuff.

eviangal - yes im staying nearby there=))

20th july? me will be 23th July..

wah irene,that seems far...but if highly recommend must be good! =)

mine also slight yellow discharge...will that be consider as yeast inflection?cross fingers*

Mummies staying in Sbw area and now having B2.. Any reco on childcare? Now headache btwn Star Learners and Little Tree House.. Haiz..

Hi Everyone,

Im new here.

My EDD is on 26th Feb 11.

Gynae : Dr Adrain Woodworth

Hosptial : TMC

Child : No. 1

HI everyone,

Just want to check who is going to the test - Down syndrome? how much is your test?

Now i'm at 9weeks. My gynae said there is a test is 90% accurate, charges is more ex - $300+.. is there anyone going for that test?

There is another test which is 70% accurate, charges is $100+. I'm not sure which test should i go for.

@Lim_baby: Hmm.. I think if I'm you I'll take the $100+ one. Hee.. Since it's also over 50% accuracy. I'm now at my 8 weeks. Next week I'll be going for my second appointment. I'll see what my gynae tell me.

Hi ladies...

I don't know if its normal but i have been having brown discharge since last week :-\ wonder how long will it last.

My MS comes in some morning, some morning won't. i rem i felt so miserable after i accidentally swallow some rinsing water. felt nausea for entire day.

@Vivian: Are you sure it's discharge and not spotting? I think to be safe better consult your gynae.. Take care ok? =)

Wow....finally I don't feel so bad as I did before. Just reading your replies made me feel "less alone" Thanks everyone for your thoughts...they r very helpful...

The TCM practitioner made me visit her gynec friend who ordered the tests and gave me the jabs.

They both stopped once they saw that my progesterone plunged instead of rose.

The second doc is a gynec too.(i visited her quietly because i was worried abt HCG jabs which the docs were forcing me to take).I checked online-its an X drug-not meant after you've conceived...however some ppl do take it....

Stokke, I never knew tht blood levels of HCG will not reflect the jab....that's a good place to start...thanks !!!

I'm going to sit tight till I finish gestrenol - i have 11 pills to go...and will then do a U/S .

Do you know what is the LATEST time at which one could see a sac.....I ovulate late (around day 20)

my first preg last year -could see sac and baby but no heart beat...this time not even a sac....

Whatever it is...thanks all of you...you made me feel so much better.

Good luck and ample blessings of health and strength for your pregnancies.

If you have any info that you stumble on that can help me-please pass on....thanks.

Hi Vivian...you need to rush....to the gynec...my last miscarriage started like that. There are medications that can save....go soooooon....

Hi Choc, thanks for compiling:

EDD: 19th Feb 2011

Gynae : Dr Sim LN (previously Dr Yvonne Chan, but she is away around the time of my EDD)

Hospital: TMC

Child : #1

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just saw/heard my bb's heartbeat this past Sat (7 wks). 160bpm! so happy! hope he continues to grow healthily. Same for all the babies here! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just went to see my gynae, my BB has grown bigger and heartbeat is 170bpm! I said 'so high ah?" the doc said it's normal, then i went to check the internet, they say early pregnancy this high is normal, whew!!!

I will be doing my OSCAR test end of the month, won't be seeing my BB until first wk of Aug [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Lim Baby: checked that Dr Ang charged $200 for Oscar and $30 for the routine blood test in Dec 2008. your doc charge $300 a bit expensive...

Yeast infection: I had it my last pregnancy. Doc say it is due to hormone so there's nothing can do. but wont affect baby while it is still in womb.

Yeast infection is itchy!! and also the yellow discharge is very thick like cheese spread.

So if just yellow discharge most likely not Yeast...I find that using panty liner worsen the condition

hi Choc,

just to update my EDD is 20 Feb. still can not listen the heartbeat but can see the bb heartbeat blink blink.

The next visit, Dr Ang said i have to do the blood test. i still consider whether want to do OScar or not.

Hi CLtine

I got the recommendation from my family doc. He say we can try Dr Kenneth Lee. Me and my hubby quite comfortable with him. Is his stretching good???

@Valerie, I'm also thinking to go for $100+ one, cheaper ma and still hav 70% accuracy.

@Ah Ching, My gyane didnt tell me the test name. He only told me that 1 test is more ex and only can be done in Thomson. Need to be done at 11th week. Accuracy is 90%. Another test is cheaper and just need to be done in clinic will do.

Your oscar test has how many percent accuracy? need to be done in Thomson or clinic?

Good morning,

My gynae in Mt A refer me to TMC to do the OSCAR test. It includes an ultrasound measurement of Nuchal Translucency (NT) and blood sample. The detection rate for Trisomy 21 (down syndrome) is 90%.

Hope this helps.

Oh need some advice, when you call up a confinement lady, what other questions do you ask besides the following:

- availability

- price for how many days

- tasks (look after baby, cook for mother, daddy?, do simple housechores e.g. laundry, vacuum n mop?)

Do you arrange to see the lady? If so, where do you arrange to meet? at your hse, or somewhere convenient for her too?

thanks!

Hi Lim_baby, Dr Ang can do the Oscar in his clinic as he got the equipment.

So maybe some gynae dont have the equip then must go do in TMC.

If go TMC you can apply for First/Second Born Incentive card, got many free gifts and discount for lab tests.

OScar shld be 90% accurate bah..

Neongoby, better ask CL whether they pro breastfeeding or not, if you planning to bf

i remember my MIL keep asking me to give my son formula.. so baby not enough milk etc etc..

give me so much stress as I'm first time mummy also not sure how to bf..

In the end, I give baby formula then disrupted milk supply.

And my son broke out in rashes.. cos he is allergic to cow milk

@ah ching thanks for your information abt yeast infection.

@angel dust - if you dont feel safe u can seek another doc opinon. meanwhile dont feel stress and really hope you n yr baby be fine=) ..as for the sac im not too sure when the latest u can see..

@vivian u wanna call up your gynae? see wat they say...i experience a very light pink discharge once and i call dr ang.he told me it may be normal but ask me see him if worry and there he gave me med to eat...

• Ah Ching - That was what happened to me during my first confinement. My MIL kept emphasizing on my small boobs = no milk supply and keep forcing me to FM. Then I want to bf her during the night, but she said will wake up her son's sleep and asked me to sleep in separate room with my hubby.

• Charmaine - Amazing, aren't you? B to E, what exactly do you eat? Perhaps share with me? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

• eviangal - You are right! Get to enjoy seafood rather regularly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Well, sashimi and oysters were taken during 1st pregnancy after 1st trimester. However, with this pregnancy, I am more careful with my food intake.

• Angel Dust - Don't lose hope yet. When I first suspected I was pregnant, I went for u/s immediately. However I ovulated late, and did not see the sac and I was suspected of having ectopic pregnancy. Everyday was a hell day for me and I got to wait for the results. Can understand your feeling. My last pregnancy was similar like yours. No heartbeat during the 3rd month.

Just don't worry too much and stay positive, ok?.

• Vivian - I have brown discharge too every few days. I asked my gynae and he told me that there are few reasons to it. 1st - you might have taken some tonics and overnourished, thus the discharge. 2nd - overexerting yourself. 3rd - you had sexual intercourse with your hubby thus the old blood. But first, you must see whether is it spotting or just only discharge, as what Valerie had mentioned.

• Neongoby - You are most welcomed. I can understand the feeling where you really have no idea what's going on. Luckily back then, I had one of my good friend whom came over during my confinement to guide me on everything and thus I feel very appreciative towards her. I will be delivering at Mt. Alvernia similar to my first one. Ermm.. I am ok with any hospitals as long as my baby is safe and healthy. My gynae's charging me U/S @ 130.00, Lab Tests @ 220.00 for 2 tests and a test starting with C which I can't remember what was that, which is 50.00. Total is $400.00 for the FTS.

Anyway, I just want to get all tests done ASAP and know that my child is safe and healthy. That's all I am asking for and I shall keep my fingers crossed

neongoby: deposit for what?

felpoo.. poor thing.. that's what i dont like abt MIL.. must ban them from visiting during confinement.

MY MIL actually told my HB to send my BB to her at night so that he can sleep.

So evil, want to seperate me and BB.

She also keep saying I didnt do my confinement at her place that is why my son not close to her.

@Ah Ching: Haha.. So funny.. Why your son must be close to her? He's YOUR son leh. Most important is close to you, then only he'll listen to you..

Ah Ching, my MIL stays with me. I guess there are 2 sides of the coin, good and bad, I will say.

Now, my problem is that my MIL wants me to do confinement in my mum's place and leave my girl in her and husband's care. You know that our EDD is around CNY and I don't want to inconvenience my parents although they are fine with the arrangements. And if I am going to stay home and do confinement, she said she will find her friend to do confinement for me. And guess what, my MIL is already 70+. Wonder how old is her friend? The last confinement lady that I had, she complained so much that my CL cut short her stay.

So in the end, my MIL cooked for me. She gave me the following which I didn't want to eat

• strong liquer without boiling

• alot of ginger - I was still b/f then and my girl was having jaundice

• pig liver - My stitches below almost had an infection.

I told my MIL nicely that those I am not supposed to take and I guess she took it quite negatively.

Sigh .. Better don't complain too much. I believe in counting my blessings. Having an old folk at home is really better than having none at all.

Felpoo, I feel for you.

Am staying with my mil and she did my confinement for my #1 too. Have to take alot pig kidneys + livers + ginger. My mil is Hakka so she make dozens of rice wine and expect me to finish (saying tat if not her effort will down down the drain...) Moreover, my son was down with jaundice then too.

I know I should feel blessed and contented but at times really in a very difficult plight. Mil also keep asking me is it that my BM is insufficient caused bb keep crying and asked me to feed FM.

As my son is a fast and demanding drinker, I am unable to meet his demand by latching.

When my flow comes in during the 2nd week, I flooded her fridge with bags of EBM in both the freezer & chiller, how contented am I to proof her wrong!!!!

Am glad I perservered and successfully fed my son EBM till he turns 1 :D

But indeed, having an old folk at home is really bless!

Neongoby, deposit is depends on the CL.. some CL will ask deposit from you, but some will not. just based on verbal agreement. so need to trust each other. Some CL even worse, accept your deposit and just fly you aeroplane. So i think you need to engage those CL your friends engaged before, at least can get some feedback from your friends.

felpoo, i never eat anything in particular. Guess it's genetic. Bad i feel the cons wins coz got i got very bad stretchmarks and have to keep buying new bras

ah ching, your oscar is so much cheaper than mine! I just called up my gynae and was told tat i need to pay $420(includ gst) for oscar done and paid at the x-ray dept at tmc. $200 and $420 is 100% difference! Anyone going to take oscar at tmc also? How much are you charged?

BPC, 你可是我的知音人。

Haha.. I guess you really had your point thrown across in your mil's face man. I tell myself this time round, I am going to become wiser and know what I should do. By the way, did you eat anything in particularly for the milk flow?

I will be facing another problem. My MIL dun want me to express the milk because she said most of the CL are very lazy and they don't bother to heat up the milk. Now, when my girl falls sick, she blames it on me because the CL gave my girl the cold milk during the baby days.

Sometimes, just gotta stomach my grievances. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I think my last OSCAR was done in Dr Ang's clinic for $200+. He told me to go to the hospital to do it this time round. But with 1 baby in tow. I am requesting it to do it in his clinic again this time round.

Back