2010 Current Confinement Rates

hael

just wondering what is the confinement rates this year for 2010? what is the norm and will prices increase later in the year? thanks

I've booked mine at $2k. Think she has been charging this rate for some years. But I think the going rate is still about $1.8k onwards.

Hope this helps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi hi

Confinement nanny from malaysia is more ex than fr indonesia but cheaper than Singapore. Mine is charging me 1.8k for both my two kids. but I gave a big any bao (a few hundreds) when she left cos she is very good, doing almost all housework and even clean my windows cos she said CNY is coming and my hubby and myself wun have time to do with two kids around. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] the problem with her is that she dun do more than 28days of confinement. But If I have my number 3 and 4, I will ge her to do confinement for me.

according to her, the market rate is SGD2K. if cny period, it can go up to 3k.

confinement nanny rates from malaysia cost 2K for 28days. during the cny it can go up to 3k but will gradually decrease on the 5th - 6th day of CNY. best to let u know the rate before commencing

hihi,

can you share with me besides the 2k pay to the confinement lady, what are the other costs during the confinement period? eg. costs of buying food etc;

how much estimated do u spent if we were to engage the confinement lady?

my confinement lady is $1.8k, the food and all other stuffs can up to $2k depend on what we want and looking at.

My electricity during that month was $450, i still remember :p

hi,

my current CL is charging me 1.9k from m'sia. She's rather chinchai that she'll do housework for me wash clean mop iron. Others all tell me otherwise even to the extend of askin me whether i have an elder kid which I do, cos they said they dont wanna take care,cook for elder one.

here's her contact

xiufang

60 0176119198

her hubby's hp in case u can't contact her

60 0136467588

For CL, it is really your luck.

Mine was horrible. All she cares about is how much she can eat in the kitchen. She loves to stay in the kitchen and can be there for most of the time. When the baby cries, she will just look at me hoping that I will go attend to the baby.

She even proposed to cook curry & lots of spicy food. From what I know, if you are breastfeeding, you should not consume any spicy food as it wil affect the baby's development.

Mine was from JB, Malaysia. Sometimes I wander if she is a cook or a CL.

my current confinement lady quoted me 1.8K for non-CNY rate and 2.7 K once confinement lapses into CNY. my confinement will end on 22 Feb ( 30 days) Thinking of shortening my confinement as it is so ex. She is rather chatty as compared to my prev confinement auntie. Howver, she is pro-breastfeeding. She told me she charges msians $3.4K Ringit for normal rate and double for CNY.

i had a terrible experience with my 1st birth confinement nanny who left after 1week of service. hence, this time round i am very cautious in finding one. Can anyone recommend their good nanny for me.

found an indo confinement nanny for $1700 .. thanks to all those mommies whom helped & recommended [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mummies.i'm from the jul10 mummy thread.. i am expecting my no.3 this coming jul 2010.. am looking for a confinement lady now.. someone who can look after me and bb day and night... if you have any good recommendation, can PM me? thanks. My budget is 1.8K to 2K

Hi ladies,

As mention in my earlier post, I have a relative who are very experience in doing confinement. Rest assure that she is good. Can cook very well & take good care of mummy & baby.

She asked me to post her contact number here. So if you are interested, can give her a call at 60125571238. Aunty Mei.

Hi ladies,

I've a CL to 'let go'. If u're due mid Mar to early Apr & lookg 4 gd, reliable CL, pls consider. I booked her but after discussion w Hubby, decide to handle confinemt ourselves since Hubby will b w me throughout 1st mth & this is already our #2. Want to save some $$.

She's M'sian. $2K for 28 days. Will cook & do laundry 4 rest of family. If no maid, will help mop floor once a wk.

Highly recommended by colleague who engaged her for both kids. Colleague also rec this CL to friends who also engaged her. So if u need first account experience, I can put u in touch w them.

CL already has job in May hence this is only for mummy due latest in early Apr. If keen, pls PM me asap. Thks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi termum, queensway and all mummies-in-waiting, I would highly recommend my CL who is with me now till 9 feb. She is Auntie Sabrina from Penang and has many years of experience doing confinement.

1. She is pro-breastfeeding, as long as you let her about it.

2. She takes super good care of my son - reacts very fast to his cries and whines and takes care of my son 24/7.

3. She cooks very very well and is well-versed with all the different types of confinement meals; i.e. she is able to turn normal meals into confinement meals. She even cooks for my hubby as well.

4. Auntie Sabrina also helps out in my household chores - washing my son, me and my hubby's clothes, sweeping and mopping the floor, ironing my hubby's clothes, etc...

You can contact her at 81055776 (SG) or 0164681225 (m'sia).

I would like to know how does one go abt terminating confinement lady??? Do we let her know when her last day of service will be and then pay her the prorata pay up to the date she left??? Even then, we still hv to give her angbao on her last day?

My confinement lady is rather lazy and slow. We knew it straightaway after spending 2 days with her.

She has failed to prepare my red dates drink in time for me to drink. Once it is so late till I hv to make milo myself as it is only ready around 5+pm cos she only start to brew around 2+pm.

I hv asked her to use a mixture of diapers and napkins altogether but I notice that she keeps using diapers. When my maid and my elder son do not hv to go to my auntie's place, sometimes she would act blur and let maid washed the bottles that baby just drank or soiled napkins, or let her clean up the super oily kitchen after cooking. She doesnt hv to sweep and mop the floor, neither does she hv to do any ironing.

Becos of CNY, she is charging me $2.8K and I really feel that she is not worth this amount for the kind of lousy service she is providing.

Now im into my 3rd weeks of confinement, it is pretty late to talk abt termination but then I would still like to know how does 1 goes abt terminating.

Hope to get advise from other Mummies here.

Can anyone advise what is the 'ang pow' rate now? I was told you need to give one when she came and another one when she left.

no hard feelings, a man med can be another mans poison.

Same as per you, i was recommend by my fren of how good Auntie Lian is which i myself had approach her during my 1st baby and was somehow ask with lots of irrelevant question if i am staying in a landed property?, Do i have i have maids? Is this my first baby? and etc....

It didn't really came to my mind what all these question might lead to after when i mention that i am not living in a landed property, no maids, first baby and staying with in-laws. I was turn down without even telling her when is my ETD date! Somehow i was referred with another nanny whom she proclaim as her relative who has years of experiences. being new & without much thoug, she took my number & was referred to another nanny who called me shortly & without much hastatation, i booked her which she did came on my first day of my confinement. She did reveal that Auntie Lian is no relative of her which she is being charge like a recommended agent fee for every service being referred. Feeling very cheated but without much strength & exhaustion, that was put at the back of my mind. Eventually the nanny was a green horn who is very rough in handling my baby & when my baby vomited during his sleep, the nanny does not even bother to change the wet cloths & still claim that is it okie to leave it in that manner, Cos it gonna be dry anyway! She does not even knw how to process the fish maw. Worse cames when she give her own concoction for my baby who had jaundices. That was the last draw that really freak me out.

All these famous nanny are always picky in choosing their clientele & will only work for those that are rich or with helper where they are being ease with lesser workload. Worse where they recommended anyone who they claim to be their relative and in actual fact they take a cut in the profit for any recommendation. I somehow feel that it is not very ethical and especially straining for mummies who jus gave birth.

Now preggy with my second baby, i am very hesitant & in a dilemma to consider a nanny again or to order tingkat..

Queensway, i do agree with you too... I ended my confinement last month with a terrible experience too... Got this CL from agency and the agent claimed that this is a very good CL and this lady claimed that she took care of some of the mummy Media Corp stars like Vivien and Zoe Tay. Seriously, I don't believe all these and when she came, her behaviour and attitude proves me right. Though my nanny cooks proper meals and did her housework, she is not resposible and careful when taking care of my child and me. She used very little amount of semame oil which I later found out that we have to take plently of that during confinement period to warm our body. My longan, red dates drink has been diluted too. She speaks very loud and her handphone rings loudly every night without fail and my baby often jumped up in shocked. For my breakfast, she started off cooking noodles for me but after a few days, she asked my husband to buy bread and cakes, claiming that I can eat all these and I was told that it shouldn't be the way...

When it comes to handling my baby, the way she puts the baby's head on her chest was very scary as she placed the baby's head directly onto her chest. When we asked her not to do it as it may suffocate the baby, she continues doing it until the day she left, claiming the it's safe! One night, she injured my baby's nose bridge while trying to coax my baby to sleep using the so call safe method causing a deep bruise right on my child's nose bridge! Her button on the blouse was pressed directly on the baby's face for too long... She can even smiled to me and said that it's ok and what has happened has already been happened! My husband and I were so upset and we cried after seeing our child.

Not only that, she fed my baby with honey water every day which we tend found out from nurses that babies at young age should not take honey as it may cause phelgm and allergy. My son has been coughing since she left and there are still phelgm in his throat till now....

Moreover, she has got alot of requestsssss during this period. She asked my husband and mother in law to bring her out for CNY shopping many times while working. She asked me to give her old clothes, asked me to give her my expensive spices and even my plants. It's overboard...! I did gave her some clothes and my spices but the plant was for feng shui and it's ridiculous to give her that!

Worse still, we found out from our relatives and friends during CNY visits that she ill-speak things about my family members. She said my baby is the worse baby that she has taken care of and keep on insisting that my mum in law "chong" the baby which makes him cries so much. It's very depressing to hear that as we've endured her nonsense without complaining to the agency. Now I know why she kept complaining that some of her last owners treat her badly... Her attitude and behavoiur has serious problem! I regretted that we pity her and treated her so well by giving in and beliving her...

In case history repeats... Nanny name's Yong Ah Lui, she claimed that people call Ah Jane. Got her from PRE###R Confinement Nanny Care agency...

It's still a matter of luck sometimes. Not everyone has the luck of getting a really good CL.

Yuki

Was shocked to hear that your CL fed your bb honey! Bbies under 1 year old are not supposed to take honey!

You can read more abt this here.

http://www.babycenter.com/408_when-can-my-baby-eat-honey_1368490.bc

I am into my 4th confinement and also got mine CL thru agency as my aunt, who did my past 3 confinements, already have prior booking. So far so good. CL is pro-breastfeeding and very experienced in handling baby and cooking confinement food. She also doesnt mind cooking for my hb, mum and the 3 elder kids. But maybe cos i have a maid who can handwash bb's clothes and nappies, and clean up the kitchen after that, so it's kinda give and take lor.

Hope you have better luck in your next confinement!

Would like to warn everyone of this confinement lady known as Ah Xiang from Malaysia, KL (HP: 60163822273).

(sorry for the long winded post) My situation as follows: I gave birth on this new year and informed this CL known as Ah Xiang (Freelance - $2000) that i would need her to come down to my place on the 17th Feb. She then told me that there are no land transport and need to fly over. As such, i have no choice but to pay for her air flight. She requested for big ang pow as it was CNY, as such i decided to give her $200 ang pow upon her arrival. When she started work, she claim to me that she is very sought after and that she has even traveled to overseas such as London, Japan and etc to work as a CL. After hearing all these, i myself feel impressed with her resume.

However little did i realize that she is actually a very lazy and stubborn person. When she cook, she just cook simple confinement food without cooking separately for my husband and expect my husband to eat the confinement food with me which can be very heaty. she just do simple mopping in my kitchen occasionally and does not even bother to clean our toilets including the common toilet that she has been using. Most of the time, she will just sit down on my sofa and watch TV. Sometimes when i am watching my own TV programme, she would request me to change to her favourite channel instead!

Then after the third day, she started coughing and claim that it must be my husband who spread her the coughing after she heard from my husband that he just recovered from a cough recently. When i asked her to wear a mask, she show me the super black face and dun care attitude. As such, i decided to look after the baby on our own instead of depending on her. She would also often touch my newborn baby head even after repeated telling of her not to do so as my baby head skull is still soft.

On the 10th day, she suddenly claim she is not feeling very well and will stop work immediately and go back home. She demanded my husband to pay her half a month salary and a big ang pow. After negotiation, we decided to give her 10 days of working salary plus a $10 ang pow given that she has not really done anything much and leave us stranded without a CL out of the blue. She took our money without hesitation and still has the cheek to complain that she has never ever seen such a small ang pow in her life.

After she left, i realized that she has taken expensive medical herbs from us and even our blanket provided to her. Sigh....Luckily, i have my mother to help me out otherwise my husband and i would not know what to do.

hi Constance, your CL sounds very good! i am due in Jul and hve just been left in the lurch by my CL who has cut off her phone and left me unable to contact her! do you think you can share your CL contact with me? thanks!!! BTW, what is her rate?

Hi mummies, I think it is not easy to get a good CL. Really must depend on recommendation. I am contemplating if I should just order confinement food and discard the idea of engaging a confinement lady.

Hi Valerie,

COnfinement foods does not comes cheap also ... i think CL is better off topping up few hundred dollar more who help you to jagar bb wor.

Cheers

Its not easy getting a good CL. I also tot its better to reply on recommendation. Then juz last week I found out the person who rec her CL to me get a commission from the CL herself! Now i really doubt if the CL is as good as she claims!

i agree. I am fortunate to have one last year. she is a really nice lady and really loves children. My elder son adores and she is kind to help me to fetch my son from his nursery class everyday. She cooks nice soup and food. She rather eats rice than the veg coz she said we mummies need more food to gain back strength. I am so touched when I heard it.

Pm me if u need the contact.

Hi.

I am looking for a good CL. Anyone have good recommendation?

My EDD is in July 10. I also need someone who is not afraid of dogs cause I have 2 at home.

I am about to finish my confinement with Mdm Tan. I got her contacts thru this forum recommended by LFB (http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/2669968.html?1268757120

).

Mdm Tan is responsible and has no problems attending to my baby day and night. She is also flexible to adjust to your personal needs/ requests (you can let her know your preferred style to cooking eg less oil or how you want your baby to be handled).

Due to a last min cancellation, Mdm Tan is available in the period of end Mar to mid May 2010 (she is on standby for her next assignment in end May). You can call her daughter at 92382012 to check schedule and rates(PS: Confinement period is 28 days, but she is flexible to tailor to your needs eg 25 days or 6 weeks even, depending on her availability)

Hi gooskie,

May I ask how much does Mdm Tan charge? My EDD is 4apr so I might be able to fit into her schedule. This is my bb4. I am still hesitating whether to use a CL or not cos I do have some help at home but probably not too much. Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

Hi, I would also like to find out if there is some kind of market rate on Angpow upon completion of service of a CL. Anyone knows a range?

Hi i would also to know what much to give for ang bao. I was told that we have to give one upon arrival and another one before she leaves.

Can any mommies who have engaged CL before share with us the market rate for angbao? thanx

Thanks gooskie. Does she also expect an ang bao when she leaves? This is my first time using a CL so any advice is appreciated!

miete

yes, but the amount to give is up to you. the purpose of ang bao is for "auspicious" sake, i guess this is the practice in the confinement industry.

i called almost all & in fact mostly quoted with 2K for 28days. dont really think we can get the $1800 rate anymore.

Hi Queensway,

My CL is gd and she takes gd care of my 3 children (a pair of twins)Recommended to a few of my friends & "2 thumbs up for her excellent service"...Her cooking skill is superb and my hb loves it... Her rate is around $2K for 30 days if not wrong... Do drop me an email [email protected] if you are interested... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi there

I would like to recommend my confinement nanny. She is charging SGD1.8k for 28 days of service.

She's very good with babies and my daughter loves her so much, always smiling and happy to see her. My nanny cooks for me and hubby as well (additional food for my hubby since he gets sore throat after eating too much confinement food) and perform minor household cleaning (i.e. I have a maid but she helps out the maid as well).

She's not calculative at all (i.e. my nanny even buy tea break like cakes or waffles for me using her own money). We engage her for 2 months of service since we're first time parent and the extra help really puts of the stress for both my husband and I.

If you're interested, please email me at [email protected]

Hi ladies,

Can i check how much red packet do u all normally give to e CL before she starts our confinement & after she completes? Tks

Hi,

My MIL makes wonderful zhu-jiao vinegar that all her relatives love, except for me. Being a first time mother, my preference was light taste, but hers was thick and creamy black vinegar with plentiful ginger.

Ok, honest confession, I got back my shape within the first month of confinement. Many said that it was the ginger and vinegar ingredient in the dish that helps to put back figure in short time.

Believe it or not, my advise for first-time mother: find out whether you like the taste to be creamy or thin, otherwise wasting the effort of the chef.

I tried to cook the dish myself but realise that there is just too much effort to make it as good as the one that my MIL made.

Only the thick and creamy vinegar helps to drive the wind out of the body but no harm trying. If the taste is too thick, you can add water to dilute.

Confinement ladies are really hard to find. Avg rate is around $1800. Unless you have referral or friends' relative to help, a $100 ang bao is reasonable, depends on what budget you have.

I am ttcing for my second child, and looking forward to the so-claim black ginger vinegar dish.

hi rachel

she has bookings for sep 2010 alrdy for 2 months. i just rang her to "confirm" my confinement timing bec now only left less than 2 mths to go [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] she still charges $1700 by e way for 28 days bec i just referred a neighbour to her. sorry, cant be of any further help

Back