(2010/12) December 2010 MTB

Aiyah, we were supposed to do NZ2010 last Dec but I got pregnant so it became Baby2010 instead. Wishing, hoping, thinking and praying that NZ2011 will happen heehee. Even though their summers might 'hot' it's not humid at least.

stefie: great to hear tat u've an enjoyable trip .. it's really wonderful to bring bb on trip [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

amuro: I'll like to join in the meetup next week? Hopefully can bring my girl along [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

Went to Robinsons to check out Raycop too. The old model is selling for $348 and the new model, which is supposed to be more powerful and comes with a longer handle for $398. They have 10% discount last week but promotion ended liao.

wind, maybe tangs has and can get 12% rebate next week. i see whether i can go check it out this weekend at tangs. will update here. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Subject: June Gathering

Date: 18-June

Time: After 1pm

Venue: TBA

Attendees:

1) Dew

2) Eon

3) yvaine

4) muddypaws

5) Juliana

6) cherry

7) PSH

8) Debbie

9) liling

10) Dbaby (priscilla)

11) amuro

12) CC

13) dec mum (tbc)

14) Melissa

15) Lena

16)Lovebyte

17) Neko

18) Pauline

19) yuffizz

haha... we haven't decided on the 6 mths bash and already planning 1 year bash! so ambitious!

consolidation of options so far for 18th june..

1) condo function room

2) hotel function room

3) gymboree / macdonald party

for those with bumbo, we can bring our bumbos and babies can seat inside and take a picture. they will look sooo cute! ;)

agree with eon, need to act fast.

Just my 2 cents worth..

Our kid only 6mths so Mac and gymboree will not be suitable..

Function room or hotel is more workable..

Dew,

You may need to find somewhere more central so that mummies that stay far can come to ya..

yuri - oh dear sounds like a stressful period for you! what r your goals wrt childcare? if social interaction and learning are high on your list, perhaps can consider the better quality childcare facilities near your place. but ya, the sleep time arrangmenet can be tricky. agree with some of the mommies here. my kids also hardly can come otgether to sleep. they will take turns to kar cheow each other. so usually i'll put my little one to bed first ard 8pm, then bring in the jie jie way later. for me, it's my no.1 who needs company to sleep so it's a headache. my no.2 can sleep on her own, thankfully. otherwise, really huge headache. do u get any support from your parents or inlaws at all? on nights when your hubby not ard, possible to arrange for one of the gramps to come by to help?

amuro, cherrry...ok ok, i'll msg you both and the other sahm moms for SK gatherings [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stefie - welcome back!! was wondering how come you went missing, hehehe... u did such a great job in holidaying with hubby n alexis! i'm sure it helps that alexis is such a good girl [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Esquare - i think it's cause u have 3, very experienced oredi, that's why it's easier wrt to bringing baby out. may not be the case for many first time moms leh. i recall with my no.1 i was also quite apprehensive about bringing out my girl alone. it also really depends on how cooperative the baby is. and, how thick skinned we are! hahaha. i think for FTMs, tend to feel more paiseh when baby cries... by second baby, less paiseh, with no.3, oh heck, cry, cry lor... hohoho

Jul - u also almost fell prey to MVC ah? hahahah... but u guys said no, well done. so how how, managed to arrange with Rainbow oredi? hope u will manage to sort it out soon.

Re: June gathering

Dew- not easy to plan logistics! in view of time constraints, i think it'll be easier that u make the decisions or limit choices to 1-2. we give you full liberty to decide! hehe. thanks hor. i don't live in condo nor central area so i can't offer my place :S

Yvaine, I pm you my contact Liao.

Today I went compass point with my baby. Not alone la. With my parents cos need their help to jaga her while I go for check up. Well, ok la. I timed her feed then go. Lol.

Stefie, hearing you go for holiday make me so tempted too. I also wanna plan a trip but not now la. Too stress Liao. I better stick to my compass point first.

Cruise:

Actually I thinking of bring baby for Royal carribean cruise end of the year. anyone go before? I sua koo, never go on cruise before. And that time I saw the price below 1 year old is free.

Anyway, these 2 days I a bit stress. My bro just brought his newborn home. He's staying with my parents. Their blk across the street from mine. Then I bring baby over for dinner. Wa, cry and cry. Is it like those old wives tales that she's petty over the newborn or what. Now, cannot go there for a while. Ai yo. Cannot visit my dog Liao. Sianz.... Don't know must avoid for how long also.

Lovebyte, try wiping your baby frequently to keep him cool + powder. My girl also the very hot hot kind. I dress her in thin clothes, sometimes on air con cos I also cannot than the heat. I do use a bit of prickly heat powder. Pd say can use so I just mix a bit into her normal powder.

June gathering.

Sounds so fun but I can't go. Baby going for check up and jab.

esquare n yuffizz,

the mac is for the 1st bday bash cherry was saying.

sorry for the wrong info.

lilsunshine please do. more e merrier yah

Yvaine,

I was a new mom before.. I was afraid of bb crying too.. But after going out with other new moms .. We became seasonal..

So traveling was still ok.. Only the packing.. During our time there was no drop ins so we brought 6 bottles for milk and the moment we reach the hotel.. I settle the bb, bath him while hb wash the bottles and refill fm and pack the bags..

well klitz, since most mums are ok with hotel, let's make use of your contacts and see which hotel can let us use a function room. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] maybe high tea in a function room? hahaha... which hotels do u hv contact with?

no one stay in condo in central area?

sam, i'm bringing my gal to the royal carribean cruise in november. but i had to pay full fare for her. are u sure it's free for babies below 1yr old?

Subject: June Gathering

Date: 18-June

Time: After 1pm

Venue: TBA

Attendees:

1) Dew

2) Eon

3) yvaine

4) muddypaws

5) Juliana

6) cherry

7) PSH

8) Debbie

9) liling

10) Dbaby (priscilla)

11) amuro

12) CC

13) dec mum (tbc)

14) Melissa

15) Lena

16)Lovebyte

17) Neko

18) Pauline

19) yuffizz

20) klitz

dewdew, i'll check with my ex bosses see which hotels can give us a gd quote. hotels tt i'm familiar with are roxy hotel, changi village, sheraton, furama, merchant court. Let me try getting some quote from them for high tea packages including function room.

I know roxy hotel's function room, come out from the side door is the hotel's swimming pool and pool bar. i'll call and check these out since i'm quite free now.. hehe

Yah, i heard NZ's weather not hot. its cooling weather. Just tt i'm not confident of handling her alone, cos my hb was supposed to go on board fishing for a wk.

this sat's gathering is gg to be mums' and babes? or parents n babes?

klitz, oh u used to work in the hotel industry? that's good for us then. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and i got married at changi village hotel! ahahhaa... it's a lovely place, but very out of the way for mummies staying other than east side.

thanks for your help!

dewdew and klitz: i have hotel contacts too. want me to check as well? i have ritz carlton, marina bay sands, conrad, swissotel the stamford, fairmont, sheraton (as well), grand copthorne waterfront.

Dewdew: bloom, maybe cause the Price list I saw is for corporate. Wa full fare for baby a bit Bo hua leh cos they don't use or eat their stuff.

Asking mommies out here... How do you decide which formuLa is good for your baby? I don't know what to start with. Heard that nan is made in Philippines? Where is enfalac made in?

Appreciate all advice. Thanks!

Hi Mummies

I have 1 can of Friso Gold 2, 900g, $18.

Mamil Gold 6 months and above, 400g, $10.

Self collect from Sembawang MRT, after office hours / weekends.

Possible to arrange for lunch time collection @ Novena MRT on weekdays.

Please PM me if interested.

Littlemay> I think what made me change to mamil was I like their immunofortis spiel and that they also come in 2.1kg boxes...which I prefer over tins [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I remember when we first started giving mamil to her she was having a bit of watery stools, which I was told was quite normal due to the probiotic content.

Pricewise I don't think it's the priciest but also not v cheap >.<, which is a bit of drag

Decided to stick with it for #2 as well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

function room

i have a suggestion

how about getting a function room / hotel ? then rent party toys from my cousin in law ? then the kids can have toys to play?

that was what i did for my no2 1st birthday.

hi mummies

i vy blurr todae, didnt bring my hp to work feel restless e whole day...hehe...anyway sm updates for my gal...another 3 more days she will b 6 mths n we hd ardy let her drink stage 2 milk...so far she is ok wif it n aso start to giv her cereal again as instructed by e teacher frm IFC...so far stl ok shld nt hv any pblm feeding her.

dewdew

i'm gg to bring my gal for curise tis Sep...nt free lei nd to pay a certain amt.

stefie

can see u enjoy yr holiday...u go korea free & easy mah??

yugal

i ardy start to let my gal drink stage 2 milk for abt a wk le.

any mummies interested in GWP puffs let me kw,k?

eh.. need to rent toys? will we hv enuf time to eat and jaga them playing toys at the same time? am just thinking that's a bit much for a 6mths gathering 'cos it's not a 1yr old party! lol...

equare

tats a gd idea...by then our bbs wil b crawling/walking ard, if gt toys sure they can entertaint themselves n we can do our chatting...hehe

Yugal/Amuro/Klitz: OK thx for the advice. Think I'll get one of those simple baby food makers. I guess can steam myself and use those things to mash up. I saw Combi online, quite interested in that. Will shop ard.

Roz: Ok thx. Will continue Vaseline then coz it's written there for cuts also. So I guess shd be fine. :)

Stefie: Oh, good weather huh? Hehe.. that's good. So next time I shd only go for cool weather places for my boy. My mum told me to migrate to Canada for the boy's sake! ahahah..

Eon: Cute huh when they start to try all sorts of ways to get what they want. I mean, the fact that they so young yet can be resourceful. My son also pulls the bouncing net metal to pull himself up. Find it funny. :)

Klitz: Yes, one day will try to meet up with u guys with bb in tow. Do let me know if u guys are meeting, see if I can join. Now I'm still not working, so I guess can meet up but if too far, abit scared to bring boy along. If ard Sengkang/Punggol area ok coz just 15mins drive I think. Unless I gungho take MRT to town. I think i;d rather MRT than drive to town. I cannot bear hearing his cries at the back, dangerous too..

So far since he is in IFC starting last week, I feel like I got alot of things to do daily but mostly shopping and surfing! hahaha..

Yvaine: I'm gonna bring down the unit to their office for the technician to check. Hmm.. I wonder if they will find fault in every small thing. We only tested out for short while and used the purifier at night. I hope they won't charge me anything except for the outrageous 'admin' fee! Cross my fingers! When we reassembled the Rainbow into it's box, we were extra careful.

My pooped 4x today. The 3rd time was very little but the 1st and 4th time was avg, 2nd time was at IFC. All the same pale yellow color, contrast with his dark green poo which he always had. Is it really due to teething or shd I bring him to PD? He doesn't seem sick or anything. The 1st one was just slighly watery but seedy, and the last one was thicker pasty yellow.

hey, anyone been to go go bambini? seems like they have party packages... think i'll just send them an enquiry and see if they can do one for babies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dewdew,

My elder girl's mummies group did their 3yr old birthday bash at go go bambini.

It was ok, a bit messy n quite cramp to accommodate so many parents.

Think it's more suitable for older kids.

Pauline, I bought it at $179.

Look out for this bundle together with weaning plates, spoon, cups and several small items which i can't recall at the moment.

I have seen this bundle selling at Giant, bugis BHG, kiddy palace and taka bb fair.

The only time i know it gets cheaper than this is during OG close door sales, cos can have additional member discount.

morning mummies and daddies ^_^

philips is having carnival sale on 28 & 29 may. hence, hold back your purchase of the steamer blender if you are intending to get.

dewdew: ok, will check too. i think $50 per pax sounds reasonable enough. i just hope it within the range for my hotel contacts... hehe

Pauline, just to let u know that kiddy palace having this blender set at $199 but if u r member, u get 20% off and non-member get 15% off. Not sure when is the sale ending. Prob u can go take a look at the carnival sales like eoneon mention that is happening next wk

Good morning mommies and daddies.

Remember to drink more water and eat more fruits.

Sunshine, it is fun, but must be city area, cos need diaper changing room. But if not pai say then can just change anywhere with benches[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yvaine, thanks. This trip was easy cos in city area and Alexis is very guai also. It is really blessing, that she is very easy to take care, if not hubby will not consider bringing her on holiday liao. The nursery rooms are impressive as compared to SIN, it has everything every mommy want in a changing room, from Cots with cot mobile, hi-chairs, diaper changing with free diapers, wet wipes, micro-wave, fridge, water dispenser, bottle washing liquid, creams for baby and even provide inserts for those on the go bottle. Of course the stuff are sponsored, but still very thoughful. The area is big also.

PSH, it is very easy, cos our hotel is walking distant to shopping centres, makan. The subway are very good, cos it is very near the places of interests. Public transport is very cheap also. No worries about seats, cos they have priority seats for elderly, parents with kids and the needy. Language not a problem, cos some shops have chinese speaking sales asst, even cannot understand we just use body language, they are willing to help. Short trip can be done within 3-4 days. If you need the itinerary I can email you. Looking back at the pic we took, it was a good trip[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning mummies,

my gal has turned 4 mths 2 wks ago, is contemplating to start her on cereal. have bought the frisocream, how should i incorporate the cereal into her feeds? is it supposed to substitute one of her milk feeding? what (e.g. food allergy, constipation) should i be looking out for when i introduce cereal to her?

heehee paiseh for the series of questions, feeling excited, as planning to try the new food tomorrow. Wondering how will my gal react to the new food [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks in advance! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies, haven't logged in for a while. Have been trying to pick myself up, didn't expect my marriage can just take a sudden downturn and he can be so heartless.

I'll try to join in the lunch tom.

grumpus, thanks for the information! yeah, i saw the activities are mainly for toddlers who can at least walk. on the plus side is that babies and adults go in FOC, but not sure how big the area is. read that they have a cafe too. oh well, let's see what klitz and eon can turn up with in terms of hotel function rooms. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

neko, jia you and hugs to you. have things come to a conclusion then, and really heading for D? just come in here and talk to us if and when u need solace.

whisp, i fed my gal cerelac last night. at first she was very excited to eat but after a few spoonfuls she rejected and wanted her milk. lol! make just a small capful the first time so as not to waste. u can either make it watery or more solid depending on how your gal likes it. watery she might drink it easier, but solid is easier to spoon into her mouth.

eon, thanks for the notice on philips sale!

Back