(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Haa ya lo whim u v cute.. Ya tat a changing mat but this is bulky, I use this type at home aft shower my bby, lay bb there towel dry n dress bb lo.

Gg out, I got those thinner type, foldable & compact de.

Ya mrs lee, I got appraoch by free lance oso, but hee.. I ks, I got both.. The foc one I'll do outdoor, f8 in studio.. Tats the pt.. Tummy big big then pics for memo mah.. Hee..

Jo,

thanks for your prayers!

VT,

I feel my bb head in my v area. I totally understand wat u mean by bb dropping out. Doc did a vaginal scan for me today, luckily cervix not dilated. No sex for me now.

Ya my milk bag I oso pack until fat fat.. Fully utilized mah since milkbag ONI 1 time. Last time I used avent cups, but abit ex n some say it's plastic aft all nt good to sterilize it so many times, hence I change to milkbags.

Orangebb , mrs lee..

When I pump more than once in office, I bring along a container dump my bpump parts inside n soak in hot water for a while then I keep it inti my bag for afternoon pump lo. I din bring detergent etc to wash, anyway bm nt v oily I feel hot water is good engf.

Ya straight aft pump I put it into fridge it's ok de.. It def nt ok to leav it at room temp for too long.. Will spoilt n turn sour.. Did so for 9mths.. My boy is ok w tat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yes, yes, I know.... I remembered asking my SO at the warehouse sale "Why are we buying this?" and he said "I think bb uses this, I remember seeing before." So we just buy lor.

I have another Pigeon 'waterproof sheet', and according to the product description on the back, it says the sheet is 'designed for diaper change, preventing baby's urine from seeping through and preventing sheet from wet after bathing".

That's why I got confused... coz I tot the thinner waterproof sheet is the changing mat and didn't know what this rubberized, raised square thing is for.

So what is the thinner waterproof sheet for anyway? I can take a pic of the one I have if you ladies need to see before advising me.

My gf who was a jnr nurse b4 say last few mths don do.. Haa it will land onto bby's head then .. When bby out thr nurse & gynae can tell haaa.. I duno she kiddg or wat la.

But normally hubby will freak de won't meh? Haa coz bby is juz inside .. Haaa

so ueno ya visit to gynea will b weekly

nw?

whim> dont worry, u r not alone..so many of us FTM..me too...alot of things i do not know..but let me try guessing from the way you describe, the thinner waterproof sheet might be for putting on the mattress when bb's sleeping (especially wearing nappy and not diaper), then this sheet'll prevent the urine seeping through if that's the one i saw my sister using last time. think u take a pic for the other mummies who have kids before to advise better..

These are the pics of the thinner waterproof sheet from Pigeon, pls let me know wat it's for before I anyhow use it wrongly....

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4522158.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4522159.jpg]

Thank Q, thank Q [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies..ask u a qn...

I am now in my wk 30+ and I keep feeling like gg to the toilet to empty my bowels..I had expected to be like 1st trimester:gg toilet to empty bladder but nvr expect gg toilet to empty bowels in 3rd trimester...

Do you have such feelings when u were at wk 30?

Meiyun I felt the same I read somewhere it is because bb pressing on bladder that is why we have the urge.

Whim that look like waterproof mattress protector to me. it prevent bb pee from wetting the mattress

Hi PTB7476: Thanks for the info.

Hi Whim:My frens had also passed me stuff which are not in their original packing and I have no idea how to use them. So in such events, I will just go to kiddy palace and such places and read the instructions for me to have a rough idea..btw, what is a baby binder for? I rec it frm my sis-in-law....It looks like a cloth to me....

Hammiebao:

Not sure abt raspberry leaf tea yet. Shall consult gynae this Sat and ask if there are proven benefits of consuming. If there are no real benefits, I'll stay far far away from it.

Thanks Hammie for the Babycentre article! Actually it's written by my gynae. Shall confirm answers with him again this Sat, hehe! =)

Orangebb, mrs lee: you can also use sterilization tablets to wash the pump parts in office. Usually, it won't be very dirty.

Ueno: pleasure! So excited for you! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chris:

I went for my dental appointment during my 28th wks pregnancy and found that I may have to extract my wisdom tooth after delivery, but dentist is not sure bec he can't do x-ray for me during my pregnancy.

As to whether can take antibiotics during breastfeeding, yes, you would need to as antibiotics is required after wisdom tooth extraction. Dentist said have to take antibiotics for 5 days and breastmilk quality will be affected.

Thus, he said have to pump and dump for that 5 days you take antibiotics. So prior to taking antibiotics, need to pump more milk and store, if not baby might not have enough supply during that 5 days.

I'm wondering how long I can delay seeing dentist bec I usually latch directly.

Ueno:

That's fast, baby engaged at 33 wks! Is it gynae's advice that no sex once baby is engaged?

Feeling so excited for you now! 3 more weeks! =)

Whim, I got those 2 mat from Pigeon too!! Haha.. Hubby insisted on gettin the rubber one as he say got use bub he also not sure use for what!!

Wow.. Seeing bblin and ueno's post make me gan cheong!! Like alot of things not prepared leh.

Milk bag,

I only got about 20 milk bag..dunno if I need to get more since I'm not working I can latch on..

Pregnancy shoot,

I've already done mine with my photographer friend.. Very simple one.. Will gt the sample pic next week.. But he only doing touch up for some pic.. Not all since it's free..

I see Shawn lau pic for baby shoot very cute.. Maybe will try to my SIL's bf to do for my baby in future.. Hee

for those who had order thing frm Gmart b4, may i know how to utilize our discount coupons b4 making payments thr credit card? cos im ordering the Goons diapers, good deal...

Jo

u not ordering?

Mummies, so embarrassing! For my this preggy, it's super weird lor... Imagine I always chio my hub since preggy till now until last week he said he is being 'poked' then I told him gotta be prepare to be a monk after I give birth cos down there will be very dry if bf and now I initiate due to hormone imbalance... LOL!

Hammiebao, it depends on individual and the skill of the dr stitch. So far for my 2 birth, I did not use float.

Ueno, did if gynae advise against no intimacy? My bb movement is very active at the V area leh! Now my checkup is biweekly, will be seeing my gynae next week.

Shan, it is true that the doc n nurse will know intimacy was done close to edd? Haa.. Can get ur friend to give more info?

Frequent bowel movement is due to the growing bb and our intestine is being compressed. So a complete bowel may be more frequent in T3. I'm like this too.

Shan/Jo: Thanks. Look like gotta do it that way. Do u use sterilizing tablet too just like what Jo mentioned?

Hammiebao: yalor. kan cheong rite hearing bblin n ueno going to pop soon. I havent wash bb cloths, pack bb stuff nicely into his cupboards and my hospital bag now only have a kotex maternity pad. haha! OMG!

....... Baby is kicking a big fuss inside. His kicks grew stronger n then he gives a mighty kick be it whichever side I'm sleeping.... Urghhhh. So sleepy

Meiyun a baby binder is used to protect the bb bellybutton

It is Specially designed to keep new born baby's navel area clean.

hmm.. I didnt know this is how I can bring my EBM out.. have been having headache how to go out after delivery cos whenever I thought of having to BF the baby... where can I buy the cooler bag?

ange, got a lot of places selling the cooler bag. Pigeon has one.... try the dept stores which carry the baby brands like Pigeon etc.

Some cooler bags look v similar to the food/ice cream cooler bags, the inside of the bag is made of reflective (looks like alum foil) material.

Meiyun: I was told by my MIL n the bb kingdom aunty to buy 3 or 4 baby binder. Although u may or may not use it, n only for few days till bb Unbilical cord drop, it prevent us (not bb) to accidentally pull it.

Whim: any good eye mask to recommend. Can stock up for confinement too.

Shan,vt,jollymummy,

as I'm engaged so early doc wana prevent premature delivery so he said no sex. But if ur already in wk37 u should it more often so bb can come out. Hee.. My friend did the act the night b4 she delivered n when bb came out the semen was on her hair so the nurse asked if they did it the night b4.

Shan,

yup biweekly visits now. If contractions then go to clinic to see him immediately

hammiebao,

I didn't use any float after natural delivery. My gynae did a good job, I didn't feel any pain down there after stitching. Could do my big n small business. The hospital will give u something to sit on n soak yr wound.

Orangebb, I've been trying quite a lot of diff eye masks since T2...got some good, some bad. Tried SK-II, Lifecella, miscell Jap brands, a brand from my beautician, prof beautican brands. Think the best way is still concealer tho'. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ueno, good luck! After hearing your story, I'm starting to pack my hospital bag last nite. Plus also wrote out a list of wat needs to be in the hospital bag. Just in case I still not prepared yet, can get my SO to pack.

But I think ur fren's nurse is quite tactless.... none of her biz, why need to ask if they ML the night before.

Mrs Lee,

Yap, Pump -> Normal Fridge compartment -> Cooler Bag to ransport when going home.

Cooler bag can actually bring down the temperature of the BM. Just like you add ice to your drinks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Personally I had not use a cooler bag. I'd used the fridge-to-go so I know it can keep the milk cool the whole day if I'm outside without fridge access.

Tris Mum,

I normally pack my BM in packs of 110ml - 130ml. Cos I find that if I pack too much, like 150ml while baby only drink 120ml, waste the milk leh.

When he drink more like 200ml, I'll just thaw 2 packs.

Whim,

Both type you'd posted are Changing Mat. The 1st type is the older verison but can last long. The 2nd type is light version good for diaper bag. The con about the 1st type is that it's heavy and bulky but it's big. The second type is lighter but can tear after repeated folding.

Both are not meant as waterproof mattress protector (which you put under the bedsheet). It's not advisable to let baby lie down on these mats for prolong period as it's quite hot.

Normally a waterproof mattress protector has 1 layer of cotton. Might want to consider getting (think there are some BP selling) cos sometime baby's diaper could leak and wet the mattress.

Orangebb and Mrs Lee.

Method to sterilize at office :

1) Hot water to soak

2) Sterilizing tablet

3) Mircrowave Sterlize Bag.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4523317.jpg]

morning gals..

Haa..Ueno.. aiyo.. so malu when the nurse asked eh? :p

my gf tld me, yes can see the sticky white thing (courtesy from then hubby) on bb's head... But i am wondering got waterbag why the things will get on bb leh.. ltr i go ask her more.. :D kaypo..

hammiebao, i can post in tat section, u wan me to help? let me know [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

eyemasks... i tried quite alot oso.. not helping much..partly coz of my genes + bad habit la.. nite owl..ehhehee MTM's actually quite good, i signed pkg w them b4, but so ex!

OrangeBB..hee i don use the sertilising tablets.. haa i more aunty.. to me tat tablets oso got chemical leh.. i don feel so save.. haa i sticking to the traditional boiling mthd :p

those normal cooling bag , u need to put icepacks in to keep the temp cold. For bags like FTG, u juz dump into your freeze overnite, then it can keep the content in the bag cool for like 6hrs or more, dependg on the model u get.. so u wont nid extra icepacks etc... more conv..

but got 1 tradeoff.. for me, coz my co got fridge, but i scare i put my FTG inside, end of the day it might be gone.. haa i scare pple steal it ..mine is a big co..everyone can access to tat fridge.

Hammiebao,

I'd post on the seller's thread that she don't accept PM. hope she'll activate her PM when she sees it.

jovialz>may i noe how many hours can fridge-to-go keep the milk cool? my new office may nt provide me the fridge as we are sharing with many dept.

Shan,

I also wondering leh. Wouldn't the water from the water bag wash out the semens when it break ? hehehe.

Hi 5 ! I also don't like the idea of sterilizing tablet. I prefer steam [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bluesoda,

my is this model http://www.fridge-to-go.com.sg/ftg_1199S.htm. I'd tried about 9+ hours thou officially it says can last 10 - 12 hours. If KS a bit, can buy addional ice pack like the one below from camping shops, supermarket etc to 'boost the power'. Do remember that FTG should be the last thing you bring out from your home fridge (remember to zip it up as thou you carry somethings inside to keep the coolness in).

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4523477.jpg]

gd morning

for those who hv bought Medela motorised breast pump, which one is more recommended? Pump In style or Freestyle? im deciding which one to get...

Bluesoda

Fridge to go hv different hours duration. depending on which model u chose. cos diff models hv diff nos. of ice packs inside. i bought the one wif 6 or 8 ice packs one. wen im home, my milk r stil cold like chilled drinks after abt 6-8 hrs.

on the baby's umbilical cord, i got the baby binder too.. got it from MIL...long age passdown.. haa it's juz a normal thin cloth, to tie abt the baby's belly, to protect the bb's cord (b4 it came off), oso to prevent "wind" from getting into the belly button, as per old folks, will hv tummy ache etc if got wind..

i bought the alcohol swab oso to clean the cord area, some use baby oil... i used alcohol, coz it kill germs, n it so conv..heee

trismon, i got the Freestyle... after reading in the forums/posts... FS is like the best model for Medela..n i think oso the most ex.. haaa

most ex = best?! i dunno..

Btw, i rembr someone saying will hv Baby Fair again in Oct or so rite?

I'll be gg, hope got Medela store, coz i wanna ask them hw to use :p

last time at Taka i asked, but i fogotten liao.. :D

"pretend" to wanna buy ..kekekee... sly!

Umbilical Cord,

I also use alcohol swab. Not only it kills germ, it dries up faster. It was also the recommended method by the nurse back then.

Tris Mum,

I'd bought the freestlye too cos it's smaller and lighter to bring to office. But I heard some says that Pump in style more powerful.

oops... the picture post by whim look like cloth so i tot it is mattress protector... thanks jovialz for correcting me :p

yah shan how much did you get for FS ? US$ is quite low now...thinking of getting a set from USA too :p

btw do we need to buy the alcohol swap etc for the bb's umbilical cord? or the hospital will provide ?

I got my FS from Agape Babies (kgal)'s BP at $475. Lazy to wait and don't want to risk 'lost in mail'. Oh, I'd checked with local agent, they only reconise local warranty but they can still repair non-warranty set but at higher price thou for FS, they are not fully equipped to for major repair yet.

jovial

$475 is a good price though...

ya tats wat the agent told me wen i called them to enquire abt FS cos tis stil new technology she dun sound quite confident so i spketical to get FS. apparently PIS reviews like better n more powerful though bulky. cos for me mostly at home so no issue n i got mini electric wen go outside

Back