(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Princess diamond: thanks for e reassurance. My mil n a few frens n relatives keep tellin me baby gotta wait another month or 2 wen his immune system is stronger but I see alot of ppl bringing newborns out shopping so I'm wondering y I can't. Not as if he's gg to north pole or some 3rd world country.

Gd morning!

Claudia, there are agencies that help search for nanny. Or ask your neighbour if they know of any nannies around your area. Infant care only accept infant from 2 months onwards. I also know of some people who engage CL to look after 1 to 2 mths old infant but have to pay confinement rate. Try to rest as much as possible when baby is sleeping.

Seabreeze, sorry to hear that and hope all will be well soon.

Stella, I brought Caelan to church last sunday.

Zuen, hope the fever subside soon. Take a rest while you can since your mum and helper is helping out.

We survived the first afternoon/night w/o CL. Hubby helped out quite abit. Next week, i'm on my own + helper so that is the real challenge. Anyone allow helper to start caring for bb? I have yet to let helper carry Caelan, she is helping out with the cleaning and washing only. Some friends are telling me that I should train her now. Not sure if bb is too young though.

Mrn mummies & daddies!

Seabreeze,

How is the test at NUH? Is instant result or hv to wait? Hope everything will be normal. Hugz...

Zuen,

Bb at home? So you are constantly checking his temperature? How to Noe if he has gotten which virus? Did the PD say anything if it's bacteria infection?

Stella,

Bring your bb to near by mall to walk walk? After full mth shd b ok ba. I brought my boy out fie visitation but haven bring him to malls yet cos still haven get stroller...or u can bring him downstairs walk walk for fresh air?

Claudia,

Hmm think full time nanny shd be of help for u if u wan a baby sitter. If u r too stress up with bb & housechores; perhaps can consider a maid to helping your chores while u look after juz bb?

Hai.. This mrn I still said my boy missed his feed and slept longer... Wee early mrn 530am he starts to cranky all the way to 8am lo!! My god!

Claudia: I agree with princess diamond. A nanny or maid wld ease ur burden alot. Maybe if u dun wan a full time nanny, find a reliable baby sitter for a few hours a day? So u can take some time to rest? I know how u feel coz I'm in kind of the same shoes. Mil is working part time so most of the time I'm alone w bb and it can get quite frustrating.

Bblin,

Bb in kkh now. If the bacterial tests turned out negative, then it is viral fever lor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Princess D,

Check with you, other than broccoli & cabbage, what other food must we avoid for breastfeeding? My MIL said i took too much cold drink, therefore now causing Ayden to have wind in his stomach. Haiz... Must we also avoid raw food like sashimi, salad?

stella

I ve heard from my friend that her family beliefs...She is not allowed to bring her DD out for 4mths or her bb will be cranky for the rest of the coming days.....????????????????funny!!

Seabreeze

Hope your lil Princess will be fine!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ade

Actually ah..there are many possibilities that the bb is having wind in tummy lor!Don't think cold drink is part of it la..

Dairy products like milk oso can cause tummy upset!excessive of citrus juice too!But if taken moderately,it is absolutely fine!We can't be lacking on all these nuritious food and drinks daily!

I ve already taken sashimi and salad too!Well,if you asked me..i just have to make sure that food i eat are not contaminated and fresh!everything moderately is fine![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Try to take everything moderately....

these are the followings that MIGHT cause wind in the tummy:-

1.cabbage

2.broccoli

3.dairy products esp milk

4.citrus juice

Princess diamond: 4 months??? That's madness!!! entire maternity leave spent w baby at hm? So sad! Speaking of beliefs some ppl also told me that pregnant ladies shdnt b allowed to carry baby if not he will grow up to b very naughty. Which child isn't at least a bit naughty as they grow? Haiz so many superstitions... All seem so far fetched.

Ade

I m avoiding all nuts, egg yolk. Now also avoiding gas causing soya beans.. Cos bb has reacted badly by Lao Sai with blood n bad diaper rash..

Very headache now cos my ss dropping.. N I m in dilemma if I shld work hard to increase ss or let it b n switch to 100% fm cos of bb sensitive tummy...

Just when I begin to enjoy bf, I got this prob...

Mummies,

any advice on what shld I do?

Bblin, I just come back from Dr. Seow. He didn't do growth assessment yet for Josie. He said will do it during immunization time next time. But he weigh Josie, now she's 4 kg. For the reflux problem he said as long as baby didn't show discomfort and it' s not merlion type of vomiting, and baby still gain weight, there's nothing to worry. My piles still there and i am so afraid if it get worsen. He gives me tablet to be eaten and pills to be inserted every night. Hopefully it will be ok

stella, u can always go out without the baby. :p

On a serious note, it all depends on how comfy you are handling the baby outside. Takes so getting used to. Some babies can get rather fussy when they are outside. Perhaps they get overstimulated much more easily than others. Anyhow it's your baby. Up to you to decide. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Zuen, how's isaac? when will the results be out?

Now I always monitor Josie's weight. Last week she's around 3.9 kg. I saw in website every week the baby should gained at least 0.14 kg (5 ounces)

Emmie

Yup,apparently broccoli is one f it but as i said,if you take it moderately it should be fine!I ate everything too but i don't take it excessively la..

Stella

Exactly!If the child grow up with a 100% good manners...i 'll be worried,there's no different thatn a robot!!!And which baby don't cry or whine?To me,this is their only way to communicate that they either hungry,uncomfy or not well..

And tt gf of mine,told me tat she can't bring her bb out till 4 months later or the baby will be difficult to handle!

Sigh....it is all crap lor...the baby follows either the mother or father's character....to bring the baby out now or later does not make any diff to me..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

When things happens...ppl starts pointing fingers and blaming others..sometimes it is really absurd![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Groovy,

hope your pile will recover soon!

Good weight Josie has now!

Princess d,

i also took moderate broccoli during confinement wor.

I also nv heard of not bringing bb out till 4mth. My mum & MIL still tell me got to bring bb out once a while to expose to more ppl, surrounding & air...If not when bb starts to go out when older, they may feel scare n not used to outside. By then i think they get fussy & hard to tame them outside.

My sis is preg now also carry my bb. Think shd b ok de. Only my mum asked her not to touch bb head la... thats it.

Zuen,

when the result b out? Wish bb Issac be fine!

BBlin

Touching of bb's head!I also heard about it too!Not only to newborn but to other kids too!I head this from my girls teacher!The teacher told me once she touches her students head and the mother who sat in was furious n told her off!!

I can't remember what's the consequences but the teachers then had a meeting and decided not to touch the students head!!y ah??hahahaha...

i also carried my gf's DD when im pregnant ..so many babies i carried and all fall asleep soundly in my arms!Partly im quite meaty!lol....never have i heard of that the babies will be a dificult bb in future...it just doesnt link at all!!

Before baby was born, we got a maid, but left within a week, since then the maid agency took long time to find a replacement for us, so angry! Will only be coming end of nov, I m gg to Taiwan from 17 nov to 25, baby will be taking care by a relative. Mil treats me totally diff before & after birth, no idea why. I ve been taking care of baby alone, think I m gg insane soon.

Bblin,

yes, brougt him to diff pd esterday. Hanks for remindibg not to use the medicine mpre than 5 days.

My baby on tbf btw..

Swaddling,

how many hours does ur baby get swaddled in a day?

Mine seem to hate it too in the beginning but now he cn sleeps better swaddled. But he spend most of the time swaddles the last few days. Was wondering whether will hinder his motor development or not.

zuen,

How did isaac get the virus? Hope he cld get better soon!

groovy,

did u have piles before during pregnancy? I cn feel for ur discomfort!!! Had it after delivery for 2~3weeks. I think im nore stressed with the piles than with the stiches..

Hope u get bettet soon.

Groovvy,

how much was josie's birth weight? lazy to look for the table hehe. N how old is she now?

My bby is born 3.19 kg on 25 sept. So abt 5 weeks now. A

His weight yesterday was 4.8kg. And he grew abt 3 cm.

He looks small and lean but very long 55~56cm now. Cant even hold his buttock when holding him in cradle position.

Can feel the head is very heavy too.

Stella,

are u on fm/bm?

Last week i went shopping after baby's check up with my mum. Even tried clothes and bring he stroller inside fitting room, luckily can fit haha. I was at metro paragon.

If u are tbf-ing then i suggest u go to places with nursing room first. And plan ahead, try nursing with ur going out clothes at home first plus the cover n all. If fm i think easier.

For what age baby can go out, i think depends on parents' comfort. I know a friend who bring 2~3week old baby to go hiking!!

No confinemeny as well!

Jadefeet,

the blood in the poo, is it really due to the bm?

Can try to pump first if u feel supply is decreasing?

Then maybe give him partially formula first n see whether he got improvement or not?

Then slowly increase bm n see how ur baby reacts to ur bm again?

For diaper rash, due to bm?? i thought it's because of sensitive skin? have u try/consider cloth diapering?

Jia you..

Seabreeze, hopefully yr gal only need e supplements for short term *hugs*

ann, chubby baby u got there. Mine today exactly 4wks old only 4kg

re: going out wif baby

been doing so since she was 2 wks old. But not for fun lor, jus to run errands.

Mommies who r tbf, all these while i did not burp my baby after bf coz she sleeps at my breast n she din throw up or anything. Only recently she started spitting out milk after some bf sessions, not all e time. Wonder if this hqppens to yr babies? I even made sure when i bf her, shes lying on an angle n not totally flat

princess d,

huh? i thot only preggies not to touch newborn leh. Duno even kids also can't? Really makes no sense.

The school take it quite seriously hor...so pantang?

I saw Meghan's pix you posted in FB, aiyo so chubby!!

All of your bb are big ya... My boy the last check of his weight is 3.55kg. He's turning 7 wks old le. Seems he's still smaller. But he has been growing from 2.1kg when he's born.

Hi mummies,

So happy tat finally can remove the catheter already. Hopefully can pee on my own.

Brought kayden to see PD yest night cos felt a piece of lump protruding out at his buttock. Dunno wat is it. Will be going for a scan tmr to find out.

Baby kayden weight is now 4.25kg and length 54cm. His birth weight was 3.685kg and length 50cm. Hehe. So happy that he has grown. He is 13days old today.

The test results will b out today.

Bblin,

I also duno why he will end up sick. Didn't ask doc. Maybe I check later. For viral fever, it could be from family or visitors. Bb's immunity lower so could get virus n fall sick when the adult show no symptoms bah. My guess.

Zuen: 1 month confinement I feel like I'm becoming a mushroom already.

Emmie: I'd love to go out once in a while w/o bb but for now abit diff as my mil is working n will only quit wen I go back to work.

Ann: me mainly feeding ebm. Nite feeds fm.

Claudia: this morning I jus used the nasal spray on my sleeping bb n he didn't even wake up! No more screaming sessions!

Princess diamond: yes! It's all crap! At my bb's full month I had a pregnant fren visiting n someone told me not to let her carry bb. That person was carrying my son n didn't wan to pass to my fren! So embarrassing n I got so mad I had to tell that person to hand over the bb to my fren! Seriously if someone else comes up w another superstition to follow I'll blow my top!

Xin,

Good thing you remove the catheter le! Hope everything is ok.

BCG jab:

Your baby has gotten the jab at the buttocks? Denzel has it in the arm.

Xin, is the lump big? Hws the scan?

Zuen,

Ya cud be from someone whom sick and pass the virus to bb. My Sis told me her frens' CL got sick - cough & flu and thot is juz common flu. Ended up bb got sick n got to admit hosp. Full mth celebration day only can bring him back hm for few hrs n admit again. But bb recovered alr. Hope bb Issac will recover soon.

The test results will b out today.

Bblin,

I also duno why he will end up sick. Didn't ask doc. Maybe I check later. For viral fever, it could be from family or visitors. Bb's immunity lower so could get virus n fall sick when the adult show no symptoms bah. My guess.

Bblin

hahah..yah lor..Hb said i only produced ah pui!!hahaha

2weeks back we weighed Meghan ans she was about 4.7kg..so i dunno how accurate izit till next week when she is due for her first Jab n i can weigh her at the Pd's clinic.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Regarding touching of head...The centre took that matter seriously as they asked parents around what's so superstitious about that and come to a conclusions that not to touch asian kids head!-_-""!!!!lol

Stella

o dear!Thats embarrassing!!Im sure your firend was lost at that momnet thinkin..What ??im i a jinx or wat?

That's terrible!!!

Aloha Mummies & Daddies!

Finally have time to come into forum after my sentence begin. Damn shack looking after bb alone in the day! Really no time to brush teeth , not to say have time for lunch.. Yesh! I managed to handle baby and without her having to sleep in the 'yaolan' as when the CL handles.. Only at night, she will wailed loudly for milk when my hubby takes over the shift so that I can rest for a while.

Xin,

Good to hear that the catheter is taken out. The protuding thing on the buttok is the BCG jab, went to baby one month check and PD told us. so no worries hor.

Hi Mummies,

My BB is 2 weeks old.

Recently, he begins to stay awake for longer hrs therefore Confinement lady begins to feed him more.It works and baby sleep but is it OK?

ann> ya lor during pregnancy I have the blue black piles until bleeding some more.. Nowadays it's not blue black, so it's just uncomfortable sometimes when sitting, especially if I have diarrhea it will be a bit swollen and painful..

Josie's birth weight is 2.78 kg, born in 28 September. So she's about 5 weeks too.. She's a bit small, maybe becoz of the vomiting problem and it's super difficult to feed her. I'm also TBF. She likes to unlatch herself and pause during BF, making it difficult becoz I need to latch her again, and sometimes becoz of the vomiting problem, she'll vomit when I try to latch her again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]. Even when she's awake, she will PAUSE and then unlatch herself. Dunno why [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif].

I think she grows taller more than fatter. When I put her on the mat that has the measurement, she's about 53-54 cm already. Her birth height is 49 cm.

Somehow she's not getting enough sleep too. Always moving her feet. Hardly saw her sleep nowadays. She'll awake when she pee/poo. And she pee very often like every 1-2 hour..

Ivy:

When will the protruding thing appear? Is it too early now?

My CL say now still early to hv the protruding mark leh.

Quite worrying.

Xin, the protuding bcome more obvious by 3rd wk, till now she still have it..PD says nothing to worry, some bb might have it longer, some might release some passes, so long jus wipe it clean frm buttoks can liao, for some bb the swell will reduce slowly w/o releasing any passes.

Ivy:

But the protruding lump on my baby liked not really buttock the fleshy part leh. It's nearer the spine area leh. So wondering wat is it exactly.

Xin,

Cos my baby protruding lump is at the buttoks wor, when is your nxt PD visit. Do ask the PD about it and ask them to explain to you. For me, I didn't notice the lump on bb buttoks but my CL saw it and tell me. So when I go PD visit, I ask her about it too and she take a look at it and explain to me that it is BCG marks.

Groovy, do u swaddle josie? Maybe she can better sleep when shes nt moving too much. n like josie sofea also grows much taller rather thqn sideways but as long as our babies r putting on weight nothing to fret abt [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] every child is diff.

E unlatching n pausing could b u got too much milk spurting out? Sofea got same prob. She suck more than she could swallow then she will spit out my nipple coz shes trying to swallow n breathe. Pause a few seconds then latch again. But normally she can latch properly after like 5-10mins of sucking.

Also jus to share, pd was worried coz even tho baby lose 10% of weight they shd hit back their birth weight by 2 wks old. Sofea didnt n pd wanted me to go look for LC. At dat time i drink hot milo to increase bm but suddenly realised dat my milk is diluted. So my massage lady recommended

horlicks to thicken my bm. Now i drink both. Can c e

difference when i pump. Sofea also now put on weight v fast. Maybe u can try. So even tho josie not drinking too much milk at least yr milk is of quality.

Marissa> Ohh.. Ok2 my Massage Lady also recommends Horlicks. Maybe I should try that. Will ask hubby to buy.

Josie regained her birth weight by 2 weeks old though. But really she's moving her feet a lot.

When she's peeing, she will always unswaddle herself (and even opened her traditional cloth diaper..). We almost give up swaddling now. hehe.. Now she pees A LOT..

But anyway 4 kg is quite ok, at least can wear her 0-3 months old clothes longer. Hehehe..

Any mummies drink milk specialized for breastfeeding mummy? Last time I drink AnMum chocolate flavour during pregnancy. But for the lactating mummy doesn't have chocolate flavor [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Tried enfamama, not very nice.. huhu..

Mummies ...

Thanks for all the well wishes ... the good news is that the scan showed that her gland is of a good size and correct position so the dr cant tell why the reading is hywire.

The whole visit and scan at the NUH is so tiring and made worse by the lousy service there. Cos the dr are avoiding giving my girl sedative medication so we purposely time her feed to coincide with the scan timing so that she can zzz thr the scan. And guess what happen? The timing was all screwed up bcos the porter picked us up from the ward late. We kept telling the nurse that now the bb is sound asleep and we wan to do the scan and the nurse kept telling us to wait for the porter AND when porter arrived ... we say ok faster walk there but they insisted that I need to sit in the wheelchair. Damn fed up and as expected ... by the time the scan started she was no longer in deep sleep. Had a hard time putting her back to zzzz and luckily managed to complete the scan.

Dr said that since structually she is fine ... then its 50% chance that its temporary (BEST case) and 50% case thats its hormonal (WORST case). But he said we give ourselves 3yrs first cos we do not wan to take the risk of her not having enough of the thyroid hormone and affect her development. So if for the 3yrs ... her hormones level are easily controlled with the medication then he will see if we can stop it after 3yrs.

Anyway I have cried enough so its time to move on. We are couting our blessings that its not life threatening and that no damage is done. Dr said that if bb is a boy ... still need to do NS hahaha so thats how normal the bb is =p

Medication is relatively cheap ... only cost me $4.20 for 42 days of supply heehee

But think she is traumatised by the whole visit cos they had to insert the plug in her hand ... now keep crying and want ppl to carry *sigh*

Anyway ... we got her name from the fengshui master today oso!! Missy name is Ang Yu Xia 洪瑜霞 =)

re: BCG mark

do you mummies think it is painful? my little girl gets a bit fretful lately especially afternoon and late evening. there's a slight protruding on the BCG site also. not sure if it is causing her pain that's why cry. any idea?

seabreeze,

glad that the ordeal is over. at least you know what to expect and it isn't as bad as previously thought to be. thankfully medication not expensive also! i like your's missy's name! very feminine and kind of 'retro' also. hee hee!!

Back