(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Hi gsm, welcome! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Our EDD is just 1 day apart.

Jac,

the remaining 1 month I intend to use it on need-to basis, so that can bring baby for injections etc. Doubt my annual leave will be sufficient.

Vivivan,

I heard that full latch-on is advisable for at least the first 2 weeks or is it 2 months, so that the baby can stimulate the milk supply. Got to let the baby latch at night as well ba.

cyn - started with WAX affair @ Holland V, super good waxer .. fast and clean. She went MIA for a while, so I switched to STRIP @ holland V. now with PINK Palour @ Liang Court. So far wax affair skill is the best (but place and hygiene can be a concern)... STRIP is the most pro and seems to be the most hygienic. PINK is the cheapest =X heheheheh (paid about 35 per session when i bought the package)

princess d: hahahaha! ur MIL so funny! some more sleep until can't rouse her up.

i bit scared i go into depression.. i think most new mothers might? cos suddenly u haf this task of looking after a newborn and you know nuts. will feel helpless and frustrated!

vivivian: at first i decided against getting a CL cos i thot since i'll be getting up at nite to BF (assuming i can) then i wont need the help of CL. but my colleague's advice is that better to get one cos babies might not sleep right after feed. you'll still need to coax them to sleep or play with them (cos they might suddenly decide to be awake).. by the time u coax baby to sleep, it could even be time for next feed! i was like "oh! i haven thot of dat"

i had assumed baby will sleep and so can i. haha! so i scared i not enuf rest.. hence it became part of my reversal in decision of employing a CL.

welcome gsm

vivivan,

me too on TBF and refused to btl feed my bb,however....the my CL came handy when i needed hot towels and drinks to soothe my engorgement and drinks and then expressing milk and storage,all these she do for me!What i did after feeding my bb,she carry her away and start burping her!Then..10 mins later,our lil friend sure poo or pee,gotta wake up and it can goes on every 30-45mins 24/7!I can't cope alone!IS very super duper tiring!And bf bb poo very frequently..so this is my experience i can share[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lingo

it depends,no experience is about 260-300

experienced can go up to 380-400 monthly!

Yes Mango,

is best to full latch-on every 2 or 3hrs interval round the clock to stimulate milk supply. Demand = supply. Once u know you supply kicks in u can start to pump out for night feed so that u can rest, you helper can help u feed with bottle.

princess d, pearlyn, irish,

thanks for your advice and sharing. Think I'll source for the CL then.

My hubby's colleague had postnatal depression although she had the help of CL and maid. Have to be really take precautions to ensure a smooth transition during the first month, ya?

pearlyn

yes!!she is old..not that i don't like her to take care of the bb but i really doubted her earlier on and we fought over this b4 i give birth!TRue enough lor!She make things sound so easy jsut bcos she had 3 grown up sons that she took care all by herself!But these days,bb's are different!My first CL was so stress and i was stressed too..cried every night!Bb cried i cried too..then HB gotta take no pay leave to keep me company at home!Its crazy!!THen she attempt to shower the bb.she was squating dwn and when she get up holding the bb,she almost lost her balance ![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]No joke!Her own son see it himself..

So HB initiated this time and he was so quick to find me 3 CL to chose lor..Hee

princess d,

i'm thinking to hire a maid next yr. do we need to pay maid levy fee every month?

AAARRGH!! so angry!! just now i went to order milo kosong gao from the coffeeshop to take away. came up to office liao then realize it was super diluted, like drain water! worse than normal milo. i went down to change 'cos i really dun like it. the uncle super yaya-papaya, say BECAUSE I ASKED FOR TAKEAWAY CUP that's why it's diluted. i was like WTH lah, what's it gotta do with cup or not lor! anyway, he just anyhow add in another 2 spoons of milo and gave it back to me with black face. siao!! next time i bring my own milo and i won't buy from him anymore. angry!!!

ok.. finish ranting.

i have no experience but ALL my friends engage CL. not even own mummy to help. MIL not advisable cos i find will have unwanted tension, and HB more stressed too.

hi gsm, welcome to join us! hiyoh... had a whole day of stress from work liao then got one kopi-uncle to stress further me during my milo break. his excuse super uncreative lor, worse than my co's part-timers. wahaha!!

starrymommy, some kopitiam like to shortchange ppl one, i think that uncle is one who want to save on his milo powder. I experience that before and will never patronize the same kopitiam again!

hi mummies, I am letting go this Cot Mobile from Mothercare at $40 as my gal is no longer using it. Its in excellent condition as gd as brand new. Pls PM me or sms 92375402 if u r keen ;)

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4129267.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4129268.jpg]

Mango,

Yes, I think most new mother may...

i also almost into postnatal depression previously although i have MIL and helper to help. I thought i could handled but as needed to anticipate alot of things along the way that made me felt so helpless. I though everything already pre-planned nicely but dont forget baby dont go according to schedule as and when they cry, poo, need curdle etc. Sometime u dont know what baby what and keep crying, im like princess D baby cried i also cried. Its like out of sudden my usual lifestyle turning upside down within a day, i was trying to adapt eventually which made me feel so tiring and emotional.

However i get used to it and feeling better with each day once baby routine set in [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cyn,

won't go back to buy from him anymore. i will bring my own milo next week! and can make it as thick as i like. that kopitiam always shortchange on the hot drinks. like the teh for example... sweeter than teh tarik, and super diluted in the taste and colour. drink already wanna puke! luckily there is another coffee shop next door which serves much better drinks.

Hohoho. Today's topic so interesting. Lately hb on night shift, so no action. Awhile ago stressed with no 1 sleeping on her own, again no action. Poor hb always diy. But I think he not tat sad cos he gets his fix faster tat way than to try to excite his fat n lazy wife. Maybe we can try this weekend, all this hs talk is helping. Hoho.

Re: cl

my mum is helping with my confinement. She did too with my no.1. But I woke up for all e night feeds as I wax latching. Super tiring n stressful. In e earlier part, I was so stressed tat I couldn't slp then stressed tat I not enuff slp. Later I just realized tat I have to sneak watever naps in e day. Intending to do likewise this time. If really cannot cope then have to ask maid to help with e feed ls lor.

pearlyn,

yah, but 3-in-1 very milky for me. i prefer plain kosong milo, without the condensed milk/creamer. see lah, fussy then get this kind of s*** from kopi-uncle. haha!

zuen,

yeah i also think sharing helps somewhat. sometimes i feel very guilty towards hubby, for me not being able to "service" him. but i'm not the only one~!! LOL!

re: night feeds

how long does this go on for generally? i have heard that some babies will sleep throughout the night after their 2nd or 3rd mth. then the mummy will get more rest. true for you experienced mums?

i've been peeing so much today dat i think its better if my office chair is a toilet bowl. =_=

and now i'm gonna take an hr train home...

okie.. i'm signing off! cya all ladies next mon! cos i seldom online during weekends.. hee hee..

Sigh.... Ur keep talking abt help fr CL make me really afraid.... Just yest me n Hb agréed that Hb shld learn how to cook confinement food..... I really worried i cant cope but i got not much choice leh..... Jiat lat worriedn stress... Super scare now....

apple,

don't get so stressed up. can get your hubby to start learning. both of you can start planning out what needs to be done when baby arrives. draw up schedule, do research etc. definitely won't follow to the 'T' when the time comes but at least you will be prepared. both of you need to come to agreement that if things don't go as planned no one shld get mad/upset with the other 'cos really just 2 of you with baby le. actually have you thought of doing things the "ang moh" way instead of traditional chinese confinement?

apple

dun worry too much in your side, maybe you should really go on the Ang moh side like starry suggest ! Things that might help you to keep warm maybe the red dates longan drink ! Izit possible to get all these there ? You want me to send you some ?I'm serious! Other than that, you should be ok cos oct is cooling there ![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] bb should sleep better in cool weather ! Think of the bright side!

starry

tell the uncle he can keep his longkang zui!so bad ah thus uncle ... Dun be angry with this ppl la... Dun buy from him next time ... Nonsense le this old man!

Apple,

dun worrie too much. 船到桥头自然直.

My mil is doing my confinement for me.

But she is only coming in during the days.

So at nite, bb wbb be taken care by me & hubby onli.

Thou my hubby say he will take care of bb fully at nite,

I dun think he can even wake up when bb cry loh. Hahaha

so most likely it's me only for the nite.

Scully, u will enjoy caring ur ur ger ger so much that u dun rem the fatigue! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jacq / princess d,

wats the angmoh way for confinement??

I tot they dun hv confinement at all loh, got meh??

Smtimes I oso wonder can skip the confinement or not leh.

momotan

exactly! Just don't Do anything n live like normal if can! Haaaa... The most easiest way! Lol.... And rest well lor and also can go on diet immediately ! Best!

momotan

Actually my confinement only more on food n drinks,other thAn tt everything seems normal ! I shower daily but with herbs cos MIL watching very closely ! Just tt the first few weeks is very tiring la, so having a CL for me is a great help to me ESP during night time

Princess d,

I will oso shower everyday loh, no matter wat my MIL gog to say. Hahaha

I heard of the shower with herbs thing. But like tt can wash hair meh???

momotan

actually ah, the confinement lady prepared the herbal water in 1 Paul n put inside the toilet! I showered ad usual n wash my hair lor! Then just used the herbal water n rinsed again with water![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] wahahaha!!! very dirty le if dun shower !perspires n hair so oily

Jac,

I oso feel bad ESP when I c so many hs mummies who jumped n raped their hbs. Make my hb look so poor n deprived. Lol. But he never complain, so I oso pretend. :p

apple,

dun b too worry. I would think tat e most important thing is to get nanny so tat at least u get ample rest. For my no 1, bb in nicu for 3 weeks, so I went out a few times aday in e 1st 3 weeks. Showered daily. E only thing is to eat confinement food. Until now, I feel ok leh, not much effects from not being 'confined' at home. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] jia you.

Princess, momotan,

I also showered everyday n wash my hair often wor. Afteribg washing my hair wif e herb water, I just rinse wif normal water. But must do secretly lah.

apple,

not sure exactly what the ang mohs do, but u can google 'postpartum care'. Shld have a lot of websites and info. Think it will be very hard to do 100% traditional Chinese confinement, stressful for u also if there's only hubby and u then. Like what princess d said, we can send u some Chinese herbs for the bathing etc! Just have to keep warm and make sure u get maximum nutrition for that 1 mth! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] feeling less stressed already??

princess d,

I lol-ed at the longkang zui! Hahaha!! Yesterday was crazy fella, today was crazy kopi-uncle. Wah lao.. Hit my 'weird encounters' quota for this year already!! Hope tmr will be better.

Zuen,

if ur hubby badgers u for it, u will still give him right?? Hee!

Re: bathing during confinement

actually if have the herbs can bathe eeryday right? No harm done? Some hardcore ones really go for weeks without shower lor! Peifu... But i think the stench will turn off everyone.

Apple, we jia you together, k? Just let us know if you need anything, from confinement food recipes to slower cooker etc. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks for updating the table, Lilbluey!

Irish, would it help mentally and emotionally if we go for antenatal classes? We're looking at classes conducted by TMC, just wondering whether it's beneficial. Someone actually told me it's a waste of $$ and time coz cavemen also know how to take care of their kids. Zzz.

Thanks Starrymommy, Princess Diamond, yes shld have longan red date tea, ask my family to send me liao...but not sure correct or not.

Momotan yar lor, maybe shld not think so much...HB not that worry leh...I guess I really must embrace and take whatever I have as blessing. I just scare, with my already so emo pattern now, dunno will get into depression or not. N I easily stressed....dun wan to think for now.

Starrymommy, thanks for your thots also...I have asked them to ship some bathing herbs for me liao...haven see how is it like...

Thank you my Fruit Family, Mangopomelo [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Yar lor, I got to see how it goes...

Good morning,

Looks like I am one poor pai miah mummy who has to work on Sat huh..

Jac,

Hb doesnt bug me for ML. He usually just self help. ;p But when I feel guilty enuff, I will actually offered him my service. ;p

Re: Not showering during confinment

I used to joke. People say that the baby recognises the mummy smell, right? Imagine the mummy never shower for days.. I think only got chou chou smell. And when the mummy finally showers, I think the baby cannot recognise liao. Hohoho.

I showered in normal water in the hospital on the 3rd day, when they took off my plug. The stay in hospital was miserable cos I opted for a B2 ward as my DD needed NICU and this will lower the cost of the NICU. The only thing that brightens the stay was the shower. I felt so dirty and sticky and sad in that lonely bed in the 6 bedded ward lor. And I concluded that we are emo enuff after delivery and no point stressing and getting upset over small things like showering. I think ang mo also dun have confinement and they are all fine wat. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My humble opinions lah.

Going shopping! Can i get some opinion here~

Milk Bottle - Anyone bought Tommee Tippee milk bottles? I'm so tempted to buy coz it looks so cute, but worried that the teat cannot be substitute with others such as NUK if later baby happens to be the fussy type..

Stroller - Anyone heard of any feedback or have used a Freestar Bonbebe stroller before?

Morning mummies!

ZuEn,

I'm in the same boat as you!

Half day work tdy.. sian arh..

Empress,

I saw the Tommee milk bottles too. So nice!!!

i was tempted to buy too but had the same concerns so i bot avent instead.

Apple,

i'm oso v emo de. hahaha.

ytd i hv outbursts of tears just for small small things...

hahaha.. jiayou together ok!

momo, ya.. same concerns, so m thinking if i should just buy the whole set of pigeon including warmer sterliser etc. but actually i already have a hand down avent sterliser, but no warmer.

Not much advertisement in the papers today, wonder where to go shop today.

Back