(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

walau bluberi, your MIL sounds like mine also. yest night my MIL called, regarding some relative's grandson 1st month bash, and celebrated at some hotel in orchard road. then i asked her, why celebrate in hotel? she loudly said, its a SON meh, of course go hotel leh!!! i was pissed. here it goes again, the same old story about sons. chay!

btw, bluberi, u not staying with MIL right?

Elise, i tink ur MIL abit worse then mine.. at least my MIL nv emphasis on having sons to me. maybe coz she had 3 sons and she also know i very diff then had my gal one. my MIL will oni say waste $.. i no budget for bash in hotel.. everything we pay on our own.. even our wedding banquet we saved for 2yrs.

nope, we are not staying with MIL. was supposed to until she told my hubby few mths before customary to get our own place!! @#$%! we had to wipe out our wedding funds for our furniture coz we nv planned to get our own place since initially MIL place was co-shared in name with my hubby. lucky our red packets could cover most of our banquet cost, we oni paid extra 1.6k cash on top of our 4.2k deposit. my hubby removed his name and the house become my MIL+BIL name.. nw they just sold the house coz my BIL+SIL bought a mansionette at jurong west. we lost the profit on the house since my BIL oni paid back to my hubby on watever he paid with CPF. haiz.. nw we are still servicing our reno loan, want to buy car also cannot!! ok la, at least i dun need to stay with my MIL, pros of having my own place.

among the 3 sons, my MIL favoured the younger 2 sons.. do u find it funny, even change a light bulb at the bar counter she must summon my hubby from sengkang to woodlands to change, her 2 other sons dunno stay with her for wat, cannot ask them to do meh??!! so i always complained to my hubby in his heart, his family is more impt than baby n me.

btw, normally weddings, parents of the couple always wear nice nice one rite? my MIL wear as if she is oni going out on normal days!! my FIL and BIL are wearing suit.. everyone nice nice at the main table except MIL. my mum n sis even specially rented a cheongsam and evening wear..

if you all wonder why i prefer my mil.. even though my mil environment not very good also.. because my own mother keep asking me to intro fm while i still bf, and say i should put cereal in bottle when bb is only 3 mths and now.. say i should put salt in the porridge because is tasteless.. -_-"

I have 3 tins of Mamil Gold Step 2 (900g) and 1 tin of 400g expiring in 2012. Keen to sell it at $30 each for 900g and $12 for 400g.

Collection at Tampines, do PM me if you are keen.

bluberi,

you are HENG! don't have to stay with mil, hehe.

rabbit,

speechless about your mother! but still, its so much easier to say your mother than mil.

So fast planning for 1st birthday?

LOLx

i intend to setup at hortpark =) with cater & simple deco + a 4kg cake.

Still considering la, haven discuss with hubby~

Sheryl, hort park is nice! was tinking of it initially but i scared relatives dunno how to go.. lolx

missbluey, press the top on/off button together with the round button together.

Wah! Cakes must order so early? I'm still not in the mood to prepare for birthday. I think I prefer tasty cakes to fanciful ones. Probably will go to the traditinal bakery. We invited more than 100 ppl for full month, done in two sessions. This time, I die die also dun wanna do at home. Go chalet, mess up, pat backside n go home. Party venue not confirmed, I no mood to proceed with the rest.

missbluey, remember that time i told u every nite i past by ur new place i see lights? my sis mentioned it's prob those showrooms that HDB have done up in every blocks to give new owners some ideas of how to do up their new place. i see that nw every new block there has 1-2 units done up, lights on every nite wor.

Bluey, I seriously bu fang xin to place my gal under my mother care lor. That time my mil went tw, then I was unable to take leave due to an impt meeting. No choice got to get my mum to take care my gal for a day. She only manage to feed my gal 2 meals and wear the diapers on the wrong side lor. Pengz. Then just left Bb with my dad then die die still want to go open her flower shop. Then my dad not good with babies. Poor Him, he got to keep carrying Bb to stop her from fussing.

I won't say my mil is very good lah. Though I had a bumpy confinement. She is a nanny and takes good care of my gal. That time my gal 2 mths and my dh reservist, she helps to bring dinner to me, as is difficult for me to bring Bb out. Then now every morning she walks over to my place and pick Bb, so that I no need to rush here and there. Sure got some things yi Jian bu he. But just close one eye or talk nicely lor. Now she even bath my gal in evening time before I fetch her back.

Si bei sian, came back happily from lunch expecting to start my NEW project and kena arrowed to attend a committee meeting to plan a convention in May! Hellooooo! May! Now only Feb!

Anyway, this is my new project:

MAHJONG RECRUITMENT AND ORGANISATION

VVIP members:

tywong (operating mahjong clubhouse)

amoroux (acquired very "on" status)

tigerbaby (persuaded to join haha!)

rabbit (don't escape heh!)

Trainees:

Elise

Blueberi

This project is very simple and straightforward.

When I have recruited enough people, I will offer a few dates for mj sessions.

Only 1 rule: MJ sessions are operated based on at least 2 rounds of play, approximately 5hrs.

1. Typically all tai-tais should sign up straightaway. (Jenn, Lilysnow, Chelsa, Joelle...)

2. All working in Tg Pagar are automatically included (sparkle, where are you...)

3. Maids/hubbies/babies are welcome to come along, but no disturbance to players to ensure an effective game, start on time, end on time.

No deadline to sign up, ONGOING project!

ps/ give face ok... scali silence, i dunno where to hide myself

Ty

I can be trainee?? When you ladies want? Eh u jus quarreled w hb abt playing mj at night eh.. Can daytime?

Sheryl

I also thought of hort park! Not sure how to go abt doing yet

Missybluey

I'm thinking not to do such an elaborate one too since the main lead is unlikely to know what's gg on.. Then I dunno what the party is for le.. Parents do e job, Bb dunno wads gg on.. Then party for whu?? Thinking of doing a more elaborate one when he knows wads gg on and can enjoy himself.. Else like doing for the sake of doing.. Sigh

Ty

Hahaha.... thanks for the invite but I am not a fan of playing MJ.

Hope

I agree that it is much more fun to celebrate the kids' birthday when they are older and have real friends of their own. Jeph had a blast when we celebrated his birthday at Go-Go-Bambini last year. We invite a number of his classmates and they all had a real good time.

Cakes

My hubby told me to order yummy cakes only. He doesn't wanna get those good to look at but yucky to eat type. Last year I order a Pine Garden 3D cake for Jeph in the shape of an airplane. It looks good but really nothing to shout about wrt to the taste. Pine Garden is affordable though - usual price of $40ish per kg (depending on flavours) then additional $35-$40 for the creative cost.

Birthday Party

I plan to book my Function Room and then hire a magician, balloon twisting and caricature. Undecided between an ice cream truck (like those motorcycle uncle along Orchard Road type) or Udders ice cream. I personally like the ice cream truck better but my hubby don't like to eat these type of "local" ice cream. Party is more for my Jeph but since Didi's birthday is 10 days away, will celebrate together. But if didn't managed to book the Function Room then maybe will not celebrate le.

Jenn, I'm also going to order yummy cake. Any recommendation? Those local wall's ice cream with wafer/biscuit/bread doesn't taste too bad.

Hopecg, I also buay tahan nightime mahjong. After 10pm, my house will be closed. Seems a bit dao, but I emphasize my house is not recreation club. Hahaha...

Xiao Xiin

We like Bakerzin. Also, I always order Goodwood Park's durian cake for our home celebration since June is in season for the cake and my family loves it. Canele is good too. Prima Cake's chocolate truffles is also good. Pine garden is so so only but shapes are good at affordable prices. My friend's e-creative is so much more expensive but taste is quite similar to Pine Garden.

Hahaha... You'll noticed that all of the above cake venues except for Pine Garden are very near to my place [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jenn

To me, it's the local ice cream that adds to the flavor. To the kids, it's gonna be fun too. I reckon kids are not so brand conscious abt ice cream brand ya. Plus local ice cream man will use that typical scoop to scoop for guests. So fun rite?

Elise

Hah cheap & no need to pay for venue? My suggestion: go real early & chop a nice lot with rest shelter at east coast park! No joke- gonna be fun- read on for details.

Get balloon supplier to blow up as many as 100 balloons! Tie up bundles of 10-15 balloons with one key bundle with the mega 1st birthday foil balloon. Tie and fasten at all 5 corners of the shelters.

Buy rolls of satin cloth in pink. Then tie them round next to shelter ( to chop the place). Tie bundle of helium balloons around the trees too. Tie a happy birthday banner across at the rest shelter.

Bring a large circular canvas or soft mat (may have to just buy rolls of fabric n sew them up) so that u can leave this on the shelter floor so guests n babies can play on the floor.

Get a iPod player n play cutesy kiddy songs.

Cater finger food for guests.

Hire a kacang puteh man that not only provide the typical kacang puteh but also baby puffs n baby bottled juice.

Then bring frisbee so that the older kids can play.

Rent ride ons - so older kids will enjoy.

Rent some activity table n toys for the babies ( can play in shelter).

U will need a cooler box or order ur cake from coffee bean n tea leaf to keep ur cake.

If u wanna be more elaborate- get those kiddy chairs n long short tables for kids to sit on the grass patch so that they can eat.

Some toy rental even rent those toy houses n slides for parties, such that they will set up n collect on the day.

So u save on venue n yet hv an exciting party. The only thing is u will need to chop the place. Not so sure if Nparks lease out the space on a official basis so u need not worry abt people who camp over night n take up the shelter. U may like to check with Nparks.

Cath

My hubby is the biggest kid! And also the sponsor. If I insist on the ice cream uncle, he will go along with it but I know he doesn't like those type of ice cream lor. Btw, do you have a contact to recommend for these ice cream truck???

My hubby always tells me to order food that he likes to eat... Doesnt have to be labelled but he must like lor. So ma-fun hor? He really is like a big kid. Can see the delight in his eyes when he sees his favorite ice cream or dish.

Jenn

Hah in that case, u hv to get udders for sure. Must pls the boss.

I'm ok with coming up with ideas but no contacts - think can call wall's ? ;)

Bluey- My #1 oso e same. Tat day in NTUc when he c e Indian cashier he shouted 'Ah Neh' wah lau I so paiseh quickly shoo him to 1 corner. He c pple wif tattoo will call them 'Ah Beng' nt scared pple take parang slashed at him. Now he can't get wat he wan he scold pple 'STUPID' All thanks to e BRAINLESS IRRITATING RETARDED FIL.

Re: Mahjong

I wan bt r u all playin at nite? IF yes, I oni can play wkends nite. How big? I'm a big fan of mahjong. I can dun slp at all juz to play.

Re: Birthday Cakes

Tried Pinkginger fondant cake nt bad. Quite ex thou. Got a 2 tier fondant mickey mouse cake plus 25 fondant cupcakes cost mi bout $400. Was lookin @ The Pattisier for #2. For decos, actually SMH BP selling cheaper coz went to e few party store at Beach Rd n its nt cheap.

Cath

I like those red bean, peanut, corn, atachee flavors type instead of Walls. Really those Orchard Road Uncle ones!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

me is here!!

my meeting ended at 6 then i went back to office to OT. sigh. tmrw want to OT to finish work also cannot cos after meeting straightaway must join the organised dinner.

mahjong! me is a novice leh. have to pay 'sch fees' hor? haha.

next tg pagar meetup, pls include me! i only left with less 1.5 mths at tg pagar area.

Jenn, maybe u just go orchard rd n ask e ice-cream uncle whether he can come over n pay on per hr basis on top of e ice-cream cost?

Jolene, wats pinkginger website? My hubby said budget 200 for cake oni, tink prob oni a single tier fondant cake lor.. Am looking at Fler Patissier at Duxton Hill also as their cream cakes is nice.. Tinking of lotsa strawberries! shall walk over n ask for price.

Jenn, I have the name card of the ice cream uncle who is always outside Takashimaya. Will look for it and give you the number.

Bluberi/ Ty

The orchard road ones earn more at orchard road. They not interested to do parties de. 1 of the mommies from Jeph's school asked le. I am asking around. Still got time cos will only confirm when I managed to book the Function Room which can only be done 1 month before party date.

Jenn, the attachee type children know how to eat meh? I was looking at secret recipe, they have this cutie ladybird cake. Will check out bakerzin. Thanks

cath, r u sure it's legal? Sounds like a carnival to me.

Ok, for birthday party, we will need:

1) venue - checked

2) cake

3) cake cutting set up

3) catering

4) balloons

5) banner

6) deco?

7) photographer?

8) party packs for the children?

I'm all excited! It's like planning for a wedding.

hi mummies..

can i check how do you all cook porridge? use slow cooker or cook over stove

if over stove.. cook how long?

Sigh my boy fell frm e ikea high chair last night [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] all mummies pls rem to Put e seat strap

Zinc - *ouch* ...how is yr boy now?..the ikea high chair is quite high for a baby..foodcourt n kopitiam like to use the ikea high chairs but I find them too wobbly for baby. I refer Macdonald type..heavy n sturdy.

Gitz - I use slowcooker..but mil uses gas stove sometimes..dunnohow long she takes..but one way to minimise cooking time is to use boiling or hot water at the beginning. Use tap water will take a while.

Missbluey

U r not the only wierd one..I also dun like to hold birthday bash. I think mainly cos I dunno how to be a good host and I get frantic and paranoid if my place is mess up. Also, I dun hv many friends to begin with..so 90% of the guests will be from PIL's relatives. I prefer to hv a simple one with close family. If I wanna hv a party, I usu invite hubby's family and mine (abt 20 headcount, incl kids) and eat buffet in hotel.

When I see you all talking abt birthday party, I realise our babies are just less than 4 mths away from 1 yr old. Dun know if I wanna hold any party yet, cos if I hold, ppl (ie relatives esp MIL's side) will comment on food lah, then FIL's side always cannot commit the # of guests. My side very simple..only my moms and sisters' family. And MIL's side will sit and chat for very long..until the cows come home..very tiring. If choose outdoor locations\..they will hiam hot lah, no aircon, no cars lah, dunno how to go 吃力不讨好 花钱受气.

I m inclined to just do a buffet session in hoel with immediate family like full mth session again. When kids r older, it is much fun as they get to invite their buddies to play.

tywong - thnaks for the foodchart. When I see yr posting on MJ kakis..I can't help laughing.MJ very addictive one leh and certainly time consuming..used to play every weekend with friends before we have kids..after playing sure go to eat supper at Changi village, chomp chomp or chong pang. Those were the younger days. Now I dun play anymore.even give away my MJ tiles and table when I moved house.

Birthday planning

Photographer needed? I think if is needed.

Any other fondant cake bakers to recommend?

I think I should be inviting about 40 ppl only. That time full month party got 100 ppl lor, spilt into 2 sessions. This time round will cut down. Not going to invite colleagues and relative. Just friends and families. And I don't have much friends with kids also. No need special children entertainment haha. There is a play ground right infront the BBQ pit. So those handful of kids can entertain themselves also. Haha!

Xiao xiin

Hahaha.... E kids might not know how to eat the atapchee ice cream but I know mah!

For my party, I don't hired photographers. My hubby or my nephews will be my photographers. I also don't spend much on deco maybe just get some balloons. I certainly do not have any cakecutting setting as well. Just cut and eat only. Hahaha....

Madness Month of MARCH!

UNLIMITED CLASSES!

1 hour classes per day everyday from Wednesday to Sunday for the whole month of March.

Suitable for all babies from 6 months to 6 years.

Only at S$388. Includes registration fee and a free gymnademics t-shirt

Terms and conditions apply.

the above is by gymnademics.. they sent the advert to my email.. they're at sin ming ave.. the classes they have for our kids are from 12pm to 1pm every day from wed to sun.. guess only SAHM can do it.. just sharing with mummies

jojo attended one trial before.. hb who brought him there thot it was gd.. dot attended too right?

elise, the $600 bucks is for 2 pax taxes only.. the tickets were redeemed with points.. taxes quite high hor.. my email is [email protected]. Thanks!!

sheryl, kaoshiong got what to do? kenting is there rite? i'm going to kenting 3 days..

tiger baby, kk i'll take note on the Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village.. thanks.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] alishan got what to see? near sun moon lake? i still trying to plan out the logistics coz bringing baby.. hubby say dun bring stroller le.. will need 2-3 luggages, then plus need to carry baby, no more hands for stroller.. oh, naked poses are cute.. took 1 concept at BabyU.. i can only think of 1 family theme outfit.. so probably will onli have 1 family pose..

bluberi, my bb bday 19th.. i cant decide if i wana celebrate on 18th or 19th..

oh no zinc.. is bbR ok? ya, now they very accident prone le, must watch closely or strap them up..

Xx

Hah I think Nparks will come only if u start to build tentage. Anything that does not cover the sun, still ok. Many pple do that but I reckon not many does that for 1st year.

I love my friend's son 's party. No frills but lots of interaction. They get a party organizer or rather host. N invited quite a number of kids. Kids played games n eat at their children area. Parents get to relax n enjoy good food n drinks. It's one few parties we hv been that both parents n kids enjoy themselves.

LT baby club

New members on board.

Platinum membership

BbG - Cath

BbR - Jojo

BbK - lily

Dot's bb.

Basic member

BbZz - xx

BbSx - Ty

Jenn, I booked the ice-cream uncle once for my company's event in 2008, we had a garden party at night at changi ferry point chalet No. 7 (the big colonial one). I remember he's willing to do it on weekday afternoon/nights and weekend afternoons, and minimum order/spend is $300 (for about 2 hrs there). So obviously we didn't eat 300 cups/sticks but we paid him that amount anyway. At that bungalow, it is fun because he could ride his motor/ice cream tub right into the garden and parked there, but for your function room I don't think he can ride in right? They have a organization of a few ice-cream uncles whom they will call around for you if this uncle or that uncle doesn't want to do the business.

Last month I ordered a fondant cake for my boss's birthday, a butt crack wearing a pair of jeans with a aeroplane tattoo on his butt. The home-baker is Veronica Yang and she's good at sculpting the cakes, but the taste is so-so only. I paid only $120 for a 2kg cake.

BAKE-A-LOG.BLOGSPOT.COM

[email protected]

Cath,

can you upgrade Sx to Platinum member pls?

Yesterday, he banged himself on the safety rail and now has a big bruise on his left cheek. Then he woke up at 2am, and refused to sleep the whole freaking night, and at 6am he was pulling my hair big time and laughing!

hopecg

Is Gymnademics under glenn domans? I am keen since it is very near my place but must see the timing. What do the babies do in the class?

Jojo, 19th is Fathers' Day, i tot of celebrating ourselves, so i choose to celebrate bb's birthday on 18th. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cath, add mine also! mine recently auto 2am wake up.. then 5am wake up again!

ty, the cake nice or not?

lets arrange another lunch lah.. or make it a weekly affair.. every wed?

tywong, the cake looks nice! but taste so-so ar? my hubby said if cannot find nice one within budget then most prob we order from Sweetest Moment.

Rabbit/BluBeri, PM me your email add, later I email pic of cake to you. The design is nice, but the taste is not the best la. Normal cakes are always nicer I think. Fondant cakes are only for the fun factor.

zinc,

how is your bb?

bluberi,

thanks! now i got it! hahaa, i damn swaku. too paiseh to ask friends, later they sure laugh @ me. lol.

oh, its showrooms & not ABNN (indian foreign workers)? public can suka suka go in & bio?

anyway, i think im getting my new house keys pretty soon BUT headache ah! sian.

gitz,

i use slow cooker to cook his porridge.

rabbit,

i think maybe your mother is rusty to tc your gal? like my mother, she escape far far if i ask her to tc mine, though i very much prefer her to tc my boys. but i know she cmi lah. haha!

tywong,

your sx! pulling your hair & laughing away @ 6am! lol. can imagine that scenario.

my bb auto wakes up @ 6am EXACTLY for this entire week. i hope he zi dong wake up abit later on weekends.

bday cake:

how about those from Icing Room? that time i saw hope's vday cake in fb, like so cute leh.

Back