(2010/06) June 2010 MTB

bliss,

nope, i stay @ hougang. parents' place @ amk. =)

your son still having high fever? hope its just a simple normal fever.

I know this question has been asked before, but was wondering which of the mummies will be going for H1N1 jab after 1st trim is over?

Suelynn,

i may but after consulting my gynae in the next visit in 2 wks time.

Bliss,

me not familiar with TPY area.. u dun hv standby fever medi?

Missbluey,

cos my first encounter with a gynae - i opt for female particularly was really bad, tho it could just be that gynae. Since i switched to my current gynae per my fren recommendation, he has been satisfactory. All the vaginal scans if need be, incl pap smear are done very professionally and gentle, unlike some fren who comment it can be painful?

suelynn: i think the earlier threads, one of the mummies (who was a nurse) said preggy ladies cannot take the h1n1 jab? dunno..maybe i didnt read properly.

Anyone has the same problem as me now... My butt and thigh(left side) having aching pain.. when I try to rub it.. the pain seem like I have a bruise on it. I can't sit still as my butt rested on the chair make it more pain.

Is not pile...I am very sure.. just like abit numb and aching at my butt and thigh.

Is that common?

Hey ladies, just wanted to share with you that Maternity Exchange at Marina Square is having this fantastic party wear promotion. Perfect if you need something nice to wear for the christmas and the new year celebrations.

15% off purchase or a la carte rental of new party wear collection just in......from Mothers En Vogue, Ripe, Seraphine and more. Now till 31 Dec!

MX Facebook and LC members are entitled to discounts off special styles. Join us now to enjoy this privilege<link>

You can view some of the styles on their facebook page! Happy Shopping!

jabs for H1N1 and influenza can oni take fm 2nd trimester onwards. i wanted the influenza jab when i went Hkg last mth but my gynea said better nt coz wait will have risk of M/C coz bb nt stable yet.

i did check with my gynea on H1N1 jab also.. not going to take it though. i heard fm my oversea customer dat his fren (a doc in Australia) said even doctors themselves dun bother to take the jab. my gynea also said it's quite true n not a must to take. so it's up to individual.

doubt i won't take H1N1 jab as i already have influenza jab before preggie.

speaking of H1N1 jab, for those who already have kid(s), will you bring them for this jab? my hubby immediately said NO as he is afraid of the side effects. im hesitant.

MY hubby oso dun allowed my boy to take coz lyk government took quite awhile b4 they allow kids to take tis jab so his mindset is lyk duno really can a nt if nt y take so long to allow.

OMG, lately my temper is really terrible, over small things I will keep scoldin n screaming. Scared will get into depression.

Thanks for your replies. Will update as well after I see my doc on Tuesday. Think she will say no need - she's quite liberal. I'm not given any other supplements so far, which I'm quite thankful for actually. The first trim of Duphaston has given me tablet phobia.

Have a good weekend mummies, rest well.

missbluey, paiseh! i think is jalgal who stays at TPY last time. he had high fever that went up 39.5. now is much better after seeing doc. feel so helpless as i don't know any PD or GP around TPY [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] just walk into any one luckily the GP is good.

koaru, yes i got standby fever medicine but temp did not go down at all. until doc insert the medicine in his buttock then fever came down.

very kan chiong when he got high fever cause my son hardly have fever. maybe 2-3 times a year and always hit 39. other than that he don't fall sick so i got not much experience with dealing with fever. wanted to send him to KKH this afternoon. but i'm worried if i bring him there they will jab him with H1N1 jab which i prefer him not to take it.

Hello Jojo

The visit to Joycelyn Wong was pleasant. She is very patient and friendly. Her package price is $789.66 (include GST).

But the thing is she told me she would be on long leave starting from 30th May 2010 onwards. MY EDD is 1st June. My 1st child is born at the 38th week, so most probably it would be quite the same case for my 2nd BB. And my 1st is C-sect, most prob the 2nd child is so too. That means I may be a May2010 MTB liao. I would still love to stay in this June 2010 MTB thread too. U gals have been very nice and informative (^_^)

jolene,

nowadays i can't be bothered with flaring up with certain people. very exhausted. =p

bliss,

its ok, hehe. glad to know your son is ok le. me too, i'd panic when my son is down with fever.

i wonder is it because people who seldom fall sick once fall sick will be quite serious.

oh my gosh, i have been dreaming for the past 8 nights. how to get a good night sleep???! zzz.

missbluey, my son fever went up to 40.1 this morning. manage to lower the temp and now it seems like is going up again.

i agreed. my hb seldom fall sick. but once in a year he will get very very sick and super high fever. same goes for my son. once fever will be super high. not those mild fever.

MissBluey, I oso dun wan to bother bt hoh juz so pek chek over everything maybe coz lately wan t throw up more often.

Bliss, my boy oso 1mth ago suddenly shoot up 40 wun come down at most come down oso 39 oni den aft 4 days suddenly stop fever le. Realised tat lately lyk alot of our kids suddenly fever vr high.

hi mummies,

sorry to disturb, i have a tin of Anmum Materna for pregnant woman, chocolate flavour (900g) and 3 free sachets to let go. Interested pls PM me. Thanks!

hihi ktsc.. how much did your first visit cost? her package is from week 20 right? was the waiting time very long? She's on how many weeks long leave? So you won't be signing with her already? I made an appt to see Dr Caroline Khi at ACJ next week.. since i need to see a doc within the next few weeks before my HK trip, thought i'll just try Dr Khi out.. then mayb consider seeing dr joycelyn wong in jan then decide which to go with.. my EDD 25 Jun, hopefully she's back from her leave already..

I'll be gg to HK for Christmas and New Year... just saw the discussion on H1N1 vaccinations.. H1N1 situation still bad in HK now? getting abit worried coz i think i wana try not to take the vaccine if i can help it..

Jojo, u can check with ur gynea if they recommend to take the H1N1 jab since 1st tri over liao. i went Hkg when i was 8wks.. coz still in 1st tri so i can't take influenza jab. ended up falling sick halfway thru the trip.. nt sure abt their H1N1 situation but it's easy to catch a cold since it's winter time. virus pass around beri fast. u may wan to bring a mask juz in case.

bluberi: i left at 7.30pm but maybe i wasn't really looking around too much at the later part cos i happened to bump into my friend who's also with Dr Choey and we were chatting away. ya, i got the ultrasound scans on thurs and got another set on fri when i went for the Down's ultrasound scan at ADC. btw, the ultrasound scan machine at ADC is much better [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] you can see the baby much much clearer. and i can understand the relief after you see the baby's movement and heartbeat. my next appt is at 7th Jan [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

azureoct, i too excited aft seeing bb moving dat i forgotten to ask for the scan copy fm Dr. Choey, dunno if he got extra copies anot.. i got SMS fm KKH dat the Down Syndrome Test will be on next fri, it's nt my requested week, tml muz call private suite n change the appt. so gd, u oni need to wait 4wks to see ur babies again, i need to wait 5wks.

bliss,

did doc say anything about your son's fever? could it be Mao Dan (in chinese)? sometimes seeing chinese sinseh might help if western med don't really work on your son.

jolene,

perhaps eat something sour or sweet? nowadays i keep eating sweets, i know no good but very difficult to curb myself cuz i keep feeling nauseous especially from evenings to my bedtime. take in deep breaths & relax. or focus your attention on something else. my focus? facebook! hehe.

ya bluberi i tink i'll check with gynae when i see her this week... unless she strongly recommends taking the vaccine, i'll probably do without it and use mask ba.. actualli im having flu and coughing now also.. been sick for more than a week but taking long to recover as i only take med once a day and on days i feel worse.. if its bearable i try not to medicate..

Hi Bliss,

I not sure inc blood test or not but for what i remember it is included blood test only thing i need to pay is detail scan on 20 weeks and also the DHA that i need. so far the nurse nvr ask me to pay the blood test on my last visit and they have call me the next day to tell me the blood test was all fine. phew..... ya i am staying at tpy previously but i hardly got and see doc so i also dun no which doc is good. luckly u have found one hope ur boy will get well soon. take care.

back from MIA again. is the 4th day of high fever [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

my son is not get better. hit 40 in the morning and went down to 38 and hit 40 again at 11am. has been hitting almost 40 near to 3-4 hours. every hour got to check temp and i can't sleep well.

missbluey, clinic called and said if he still have high fever bring him back for blood test. but i'm thinking if i should bring him to sinseh and see. haiz ...

jalgal, they told me triple test was $100+ but that's before i sign my package. so maybe package is included ba.

hi ladies.. i need urgent replies if you please..

i've been having killer migraine headaches for days now.. tot its gonna go off within a day or two like during pre-pregnancy.. its killing me i must say.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

if eat normal panadols.. doesnt work at all! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

if go doc, say maybe KK clinic, will they think of it as minor casE? coz its really killing me.. cant go work.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi irma,

i'm having real bad migraines and headaches too.. maybe we r having not enough slp.. cos for mi, although i slp early, but i will always be dreaming and waking up to pee.. so i'm feeling so tired when i wake up for work.. haiz.. i went to my GP to get medicine and he gave mi pure parecetamol.. but it doesn't work at times.. still hurts badly.. but i just tahan if i can cos i dun wanna down any medication unneccessarily.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi bliss,

my blood test is the normal one. i didn't take the triple test and never take oscar test. so the blood test may be is for the blood cel and hiv kind of test not very sure guess Dr woo will explain to me on my next visit ba. haiz... when kid is sick is very fan n heart pain one. pray that ur boy will get well soon.

hi ladies, juz to check.. for those of u who have gone for the down syndrome test at KKH, how much did ur pay?

my appt is scheduled for this fri.. i requested it to be done next week ard 24Dec or by 28dec since my gynea said as long as done by end Dec. when i tried to call n change the appt date with KKH appt hotline, they asked mi to call TPS, called TPS and they asked mi to call ADC, called ADC and they asked mi to call AMC!!! finally called AMC and they said all appt full until mid-Jan and even if 28Dec got slot they say my bb might nt be eligible for the test coz it's in wk14, so no choice either i do it tis Fri or i skip the test.

bliss,

maybe just bring your son see sinseh. if really no choice, then blood test is the last resort. i totally understand your worries. that time i also can't sleep well, can't work properly, hence getting all those headaches & tend to tear easily too cuz i was scared ma.

or maybe you try to go those chinese medicine hall & get Mao Dan fever powder & apply on your son's body? my mil tried on my son, it worked somehow, brought down his temp though still have slight fever but @ least it wasn't 38-39. does your son have throat infection? cuz my son had it @ the same time when he had fever, he drank his milk very very slow, refused to drink much water.

irma,

me too, sometimes have headache on & off. been dreaming for the past 1 week+. i don't take panadol @ all, don't want to eat too much medication now as i just recovered from my flu about 2 weeks ago. maybe you call your gynae & check?

They wun treat it as serious case unless u keep vomitting, giddiness, head spinning n get dehydrated.

U can ask ur hubby go to those store specialize in sales of honey. Look 4 this thing called Bee Propolis. It really works wonder for bad severe migraine.

Last time I used to haf migraine every month. it gt so bad tat I haf to b admitted into hospital for drip. Aft tat my mum gave mi tis to take on empty stomach 1st thing in e mornin religiously n till now no more migraine at all till now.

Hope it helps u...

bluberi: Dr Choey should have copies. so far, he gave me copies on both visits. i have the impression that they will print so that we'll get it. anyway, i paid $406.60 for the Down's screening which includes blood test and ultrasound scan but this price is for twins.. sorry, can't remember what's the price for a singleton baby. btw, it really seems tough to get a slot at ADC for the down's ultrasound scan so i'll suggest you try your best for the slot they give you. moreover, i was told that the highest accuracy falls within a certain time frame. any later would mean that the accuracy would be lowered already.

chermaine/jolene/missbluey: thank you for the replies... i still went to the kk 24 hrs women clinic.. aft checking2, the doc say its norm migraine.. due to the pregnancy.. nothing serious.

i also think its becoz of the DREAMS we had thats making us "lack of sleep".. tsk tsk..

abt goin to gp, thats the thing.. giving paracetamol doesnt help! sigh..

jolene: this bee propolis you're saying..its honey? hehe~ sounds like honey2... or, tablet?

Irma, no problem. Bee Propolis doesn't taste lyk honey if u drink it lyk tat it taste horrible so wat i do I add it wif little honey n water, stir n drink. ITs liquid form, since u keep havin migraine, u can give it a try.

azureoct, i got no choice, so am going for the down syndrome test tis fri. i supposed shd be $300+ for singleton ba... do we get to koe the result on the same day. the scan is done by sonographer or doctor ar? my mum is saying i wasting $ on the test coz i'm nt over 30yrs still go n do. but i wan a peace at heart since i had 3 M/Cs before n really hope tis bb will be healthy.

jolene: icic.. ok2.. i'll keep a look out on the bee propolis.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bluberi, how many wks are you now? wats the optimal time frame to do this test? ur gynae suggested u go or u researched and wanted to do it de... there are other tests for DS too right? such as triple test or something lilke that.. im in my 13th wk now, haven done any tests other than the 1st blood test for blood type, glucose level and whether im anemic not..

missbluey, my son had nothing only fever. now fever is coming down. manage to keep it within 38.5 hopefully it will come down soon. this is the 5th day already. really scary to wake up in the middle of the night and see 40.2 on the thermometer. given him 3 times ling yang yesterday and see some improvement.

vomitted quite abit of yucking gastric acid just now. feeling so terrible and i'm coming 14 weeks!

irma,

@ least now you know its normal migraine. just try to rest enough. or can nap after your lunch during your lunch break?

bliss,

relieved to know your son's fever is coming down. just keep giving water and ling yang since it helps. barley also, cuz can help to make your son urine more, but in moderation.

meanwhile, you must take care. anyone helping you to look after when you are tired?

jojo, today is the end of my wk13.. but my scan is showing -6 days.. so my gynea said by end Dec still ok. but seems like the ADC tinks it's best to do the test before wk14. so far mi oni done the routine blood test for glucose, HIV, etc. i skipped the one for thalassemia coz both my hubby n i had done dat before. aft week 14 the test for down syndrome muz draw the amniotic fluid which has some risk of M/C, so i not keen on tis. better stick to the down syndrome test which does scan + blood test oni.

bluberi i didn't know non-invasive DS test must be done before 14 wks.. cham liao i think not in time to do le.. is the test available onli at KKH or TMC also have?

strangely i'm starting to feel nauseous and unwell these few days.. thot MS should be weaning off but mine start so late?? i was quite ok with the nausea and vomitting part in the previous weeks lei..

missbluey, no one is around to help. my mom does pop by a few hours yesterday. so far managable. stop all the unpacking totally and do simple chores to keep the floor clean only. i guess i don't have much energy to do. but my son is still ok. he is not cranky or fussy when having high fever. still playing and as cheeky as before. only at night will be more tiring as fever shot up and he is not feeling very comfortable.

Jojo, TMC also have. u can call ur gynea and check.

mi also start feeling really nausea oni last week.. wanted to vomit but nothing came out. heng it's nt frequent.

bliss,

my son was so cranky & fussy when he was sick, kept wanting to be carried, refusing to move when changed. he only played his toys when his fever subsided. luckily, i got maid if not, i already peng san. hope the worst is over for your son, wishing your son a speedy recovery! its really heartpain to see your own child sick, i'd rather my son be mischevious instead of lying on bed all day long.

jia you ok?

Hi mummies,

Had my doc visit this morning. Completed week 15 today (doctor's calculation is -5d). No scan today, just the doppler to listen to baby heartbeat. As long as there is heartbeat I guess, I should be relieved.

Not been feeling great last few days too, food vomiting started again yesterday, and vomited blood too (my 2nd time). Been having cramps and strain in my lower abdomen as well, probably from doing more, walking faster. Doc said to just walk sedately, like you are heavily pregnant, and not to carry heavy things. A while ago, just had one of my uncontrollable vomit sessions, where you can't hold it back, it just comes out (like it or not, so you'd better be in the toilet).

Doc says I'm putting on weight quite fast given how much I vomit, probably due to the carbs. Told her I eat to stop my nausea, not that I am hungry. So iron supplements are being held off for now. I'm glad in a sense, have tablet phobia still from Duphaston previously.

Re the H1N1 jab, doc says it is not necessary. Just avoid crowded places and countries which are high risk.

Otherwise, hope the unwell kiddoes of mummies get well soon.

Hello ladies, me jus recover from cough & flu. I dun dare take GP medication, let it self-heal. I only drink mineral water mixed honey+lemon & Vit C.

Yday just went for my 16 week visit.

As usual my bb always in sleeping position. Aiya we still dont know the gender yet cos bb was crossing leg. I tried to shake up so that bb will somersault and change position. But bb only move hands n legs abit still refuse to adjust the postion.=P So gotta to wait when i gg for my detail scan next mth le.

Good news is I passed my Oscar test. I also done my blood test cost $130 those HIV, hep B, rubella etc ..all $$$$

Hope everyone is doing well.

Back