(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Impulse41/Lilstarz, i guess-timated leh. I took a small mug (the kind use to measure rice) and filled it about 1/4 full then added about 6-10 cups of water. it's a very high water to rice ratio cos i only had very little rice and i turned on slow cooker from around 9pm at night and only checked it at 6am in the morning. everything was ok, no burnt bits etc. Cooker was also ok even though it was 1/4 full. Manufacturer recommend to have it 3/4 full. So i end up with 1.5 bowls of white porridge. Have to cook in small amounts cos I find it bad to waste food; i will finish the extra :X

Lilstarz/Krystal/AR/Chillimum re MIL... same same. i have similar situations leh. i wonder why they are LIKE THAT. i also get queries on how often i feed baby (every whimper = baby hungry) and how often i do laundry. I also don't like to be alone with her cos kena bombarded by orders. Just smile & pretend. I think if I am alone with her it's a matter of time before I blow my top. What I am still fuming about is that she kept saying I was fat during my pregnancy (ok lah, i did put on alot of weight) to the extent of announcing it during family dinners. During my confinment she also kept saying i put on so much weight i will never get back again and brought her over-sized clothes for me to wear. She is like at least 10kg heavier than me!!

Chillimum - yeah you really buddha. my MIL also wanted to give honey but lucky i pre-empted by listing list of forbidden foods to hb before hand so he can tell her that honey can KILL the baby. I think she doesn't belive lah so I am afraid to leave bb alone with her.

Krystal - yeah yeah... i see how she treats her other grand-daughter --> she will tell her that her mum (aka my sis in law) is crazy and don't listen to your bad mother etc. When she picks grand-daughter up from school she will buy her sweet stuff to make her happy. She even boasted once to me when she went for holiday, her grand-daughter missed her & lost weight cos nobody buy her ice-cream daily. If she poisons my son like that I think I will get SO MAD!

Baby_T - you underweight leh! it's good to put on more weight [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Arms can do push ups lah? better than, fats me all over + flabby tummy *bloop bloop* But i try to put effort on face; use those tissue masks to help skin recover from hormonal changes.

alina,

CB calendula cream - you can search SMH's BP or WTS thread.

the rest of the items - organic shea butter, desowen and fucicort - are all from PD.

desowen is a steriod cream; fucicort is a steriod and antibacterial cream. both to be applied sparingly. usually GPs have only one cream in their medicine cabinet to treat eczema - hyrocortisone cream. hydrocort is very drying on bb skin.

as to why i brgt C2 for skin prick test, his rash was persistent and did NOT get better even after applying creams for months, from the time he was 3mo to 5mo... not days hor... so i really wanted to know what is causing the allergy.

oh MIL topic ah... heh. i got a lot to say also, but shall zip it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] since i m not a regular on this thread.

yes the milk powder! i alr tell her its 5 scoops in one part (im using the pigeon 3 removable dispenser). n she saw how i mix the fm also so its impossible she dunno. but she still chose to go along w her "gut feeling".

n the dress! omg the dress is only wat? 5.90??? ok its those satin material. but definitely can wash! im not gg to dry clean an idiotic 5.90 dress!!!!! wah lao i wanna puke blood now! n i hav to tell her cannot dun wash. adult clothes dun wash ok. but bb clothes hav to wash cos of chemical n dirt esp now she like to put things in her mouth.

all those things... she does n i hav to tell her no.. not this way... is tat way.. n i know she dun like it when i teach her... but seriously her method is really wrong n i hav to voice out! u know when i tell her inside i m alr exploding n shouting but verbally i hav to talk to her nicely... v stressful on my part. i too dun like gg hm or staying at hm when she is ard. most of the time im in my room...

oh ya.. sarah said ma... n she reply sarah "dadima" which is grandma in hindi.. in front of me! hmm... oh well............. im turning into a stone statue alr. like wat my hubby say: "we hav two babies in the hse!"

ok on another note... there r bound to be differences. different family. diff bringing up. diff beliefs. diff cultures. as long as they dun harm bb. dun kill bb. we hav to accept it. if cant come to compromise, guess we just hav to accept. really it will make us more at peace n not so tense up.

my mil... i dunno man. either she kill bb first... or she will kill me first.

ok enough ranting for me! *chin up cheer up*

skmama, wah~ if wanna dry clean~ u can have enough $$ to buy new clothes! ya~ when i try to teach my mil.. she also don like.. fakey say to my boy that... mummy very ma fan etc...

yea! i hate going home too! im feeling so restricted and still got to pretend! and worst! i cant tell my hubby cause he is on his mum side! every time telling me that his nephew etc also grow up like that wat!!!! -.- my stupid hubby! NATO!!!

Skmama - If i have ur MIL as mine...i think i will really go crazy!!! She too power lah! And the things she do is so dangerous!!!! Ta Boleh Tahan!

Kcpq - U have to teach ur bb to call u. Last time i keep repeating "Call Ah Yee" to my nephew n seriously he had learnt to call me pretty early! wahha! So now, i have been repeating "Call Mummy" to my gal n hopefully she will learn. Then i told my hubby if he want our gal to call him daddy he has to put in effort. Reap what u sow...AHHAHAA

belinda,

LOL!!! actually when i ask bb... where's mummy... he know to look at me.. but still i always say mummy infront of him.. eg.. i will say... mummy bao bao.. mummy love u... mummy feeding u porridge now... etc... hopefully it works!

Ok... pause MIL problems..

Regardong weight... unless u put on 20kg.. shred 12kg and then put back on 5kg and U r hanging onto 12kg of ur preggie weight... YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE SAD ABOUT UR WEIGHT HERE.

--RULES SET BY A.R. WEIGHT MANAGEMENT COMPANY.

hehehe... ok.. pls cont abt MILs.. :p

And.. Calling the mummy who was sharing the porrige receipe.. the one abt soup base.. pls email me receipe... DHANKS!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

AR, Soup base very easy de~

just add carrot, tomato, potato, corn, and onion to boil 10 mins and can use already... if u wanna keep the soup for a few days.. just freeze it.. like how u handle breast milk.

or u can boil ikan billis for about 10mins.. the soup got taste can already....

alina,

yup yup me wanna get playmat and play yard. the 6-panel. haven got yet. but i alr did price comparison, cheong choon store is cheaper. unless bp's koreacraze got bundle... then maybe can compare. if not still cheong choon cheaper. at chinatown. they deliver foc also. lady boss say their stock coming in this week.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wow..MIL is the hot topic!!

Me so far no issues with my MIL except she wants me to go night courses for christian religious cos his son (my hubby) used to be a christianity n then for some reason my hubby now worship in temple..I've no idea is it bcos biz man are more particular and also they believed fengshui play apart. So my mum also stressed that I will lose faith and follow him..hehehe. Anyway my lil gal had baptist last Sunday..Praise the lord!

KCPQ: U still overstrained with ur MIL attitude/actions?? Hv u apply for flat already?

For me i still feeding my gal cereal mix with pumpkin/sweet potato. Still have some left over organic cereal want her to finish it first then prep porridge for her.

Mummies, any idea what to buy for your hubby as Xmas gift...I am cracking my head cos xmas eve is our wedding anniversary.

Chubby tiger~

Yea~ still the same situation... but now... she starts touching my things etc... making me blood boil! i suppose i will go crazy soon if we doesnt have a huge fight soon... LOL!!!

nah~ suppose to apply de... but suddenly my hubby say wait.. maybe wan condo etc... haiz.. i super piss lo! i wanted so much to move that we quarrel till wanna divorce lo... -.-

gift ar~ our anniversary we only went to have dinner w bb leh... LOL

Itching mummy reporting back in. haha... wow! the thread move so fast today. i just managed to finish reading all on this page. so many complains abt MIL ah.

Lucasmummy: let me know when u ladies wanna do the nametags. i dun think i'm gonna be leaving the house anytime this week. i need to get clearance from doc again this weekend to see when i can complete my "confinement". If you ladies need to visit the venue, can just drop by on any weekday lunchtime. They open to public for lunch all weekdays (except PH). Just take MRT to Little India.

Brown rice cereal: Chloe totally dislikes it. She's back to her frisocrem. She loves that. She doesn't really like potato or carrot. Apple either. So far only the butternut pumpkin she likes. Faintz. Probably cos that was sweet. I think I need to ask my mother to buy some sweet potato or something.

Where to get those Jap Sweet Potato? NTUC? The ntuc here only sells vietnam ones. =S

chloemum -> same. same. zaidan dunlike brown rice cereal. back to friso. dun like potato, carrot, apple... he likes sweet potatoes, mangoes, bananas and esp papayas. all easy breezy for me. just mashed. wakakakakaka.. ,>

skmama -> is it?? ok thanks. really need one. 6 panels for 2100 or 1900 size? sorry so many quez.

cellow -> yah. gp gave me the h cream. no use. very drying. can actually see the crack lines. zaidans rash is on and off. mostly on. off like a few days, max 1.5 weeks. his since 2 mths.. haiz..

aqueous cream works. but, thk not solving the root of prob. clears rashes up, then a few days..rashes back.

---

back to work next month. part of me cant wait. part of me want to cling and hug bb all day long..

Hiya Mummies!

Krystal n Pinnky: Thank you for sharing the soup base recipe.

Edie n Lilstarz: Thank you. The holiday was ok. Shopped a little and a little sightseeing.

Chloemum: Oh dear.... take care and rest well. DON'T SCRATCH!

XMAS Party

Serene: Please arrange to deliver at 12nn on that day. Thank you!

Pinnky, Chloemum: My hubby did not manage to buy the solution to print the names. Shall we arrange a day week after next after Chloemum recovers to make them?

Edie: I think it will be good if we can sit down together and understand the flow of the program, so that there it will not be too messy on that day. Will you be able to come out with the program in about 2 weeks time?

Packing of Goodie Bag Other than the Enfa goodies, how shall we consolidate on the rest? Buy paper bags? Tie the magazines with ribbons? These might incurred costs too. Any suggestions? If tying ribbon, I can sponsor... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

AR: We need to get super onz Hubby for performances.. haha... Maybe you want to think of a game that involves only hubby and baby?

Date for a overall meeting: I will confirm tomorrow, most likely on weekday evening. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lucasmummy - i think a paper bag will be better coz still have my sponsors namecards and flyers. Btw, i have not collect the mag fr babychic yet coz my hubby no time to send me over. This week my bb going vaccination so mayb i will try next week if my hubby can take leave or time off. sry abt it

Belinda: It's ok la.. nothing to be sorry about. In that case, I will go and look for bulk purchase paper bags... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lucas is a different boy after a week. He looks more matured but did not behave like one. :s

He cries each time we put him down, he fusses alot during feed, he cries even with his pacifier, he cries when he didn't like it, he cries when he insist on something.... haizzz.... even my hubby shakes head. I did not want to point finger. I treated it as he just had a week of holiday. Devil's training has just begun for him..

Regarding fm, his intake dropped tremendously! He was taking 190ml per feed. He pushed away the bottle, turned away from it... Morning he only drank 100ml, afternoon another 100ml, the late noon one was worst... 30ml and rejected it totally... it dragged till another 2 hours later of 120ml. Just dream fed him 170ml. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I suspect and hope it is teething.

Hmm... some error, my earlier post couldn't get through... all gone!

Chillimum, agree you are Buddha. *kow tow* I think if i were you my blood all vomited out already. Those events are life-threatening!

Krystal, i was insistent to move out. Else will go mad.... while i was staying with MIL i was most hard working worker in the office. Clock ~13hrs a day so i can avoid making small talk at home. Reach office around 715am. Whaahaha... i told hb i would stay anywhere, just move out!! Hee i tried your soup recipe, no corn so i added in some sliced meat to get flavour. Will try cooking porridge with it tomorrow... or Wed. Oops but i didn't put in freezer. Guess should be OK right.

Chloemum, i got the cutest Jap sweet potatoes at NTUC Marine Parade. Hee... it's only finger sized but hb didn't let me do BLW so i had to blend them.

Alina, going back to work is exhausting!

ChubbyTiger, nowadays no more gifts. Haha... i think he's happy if he can sleep! Alot of sales at Taka now.... you can check it out? Last one i bought before baby was a key ring from Braun Buffel.

Blended Spinach with baby rice powder mix -- seemed to go well tonight. Bb took about 4 teaspoons of total mixture. I used 2 tsp of dry rice powder & mixed with some fish soup + blended spinach.

Lucasmummy - sounds like rei!! These few days she has nt been drinking much. Abt 100ml each feed. At times resume bck 200ml. Keep pushing away the bottle. When I insisted her to drink, she will fuss n scream. Brought her to pd, said nothing wrong with rei. But give her cereal, she likes!

Whenever I wanna clean her eyes n ears, she will fuss, cry n push away my hand. Little bit of things she dun like, she goes Ehhhhhhhhh Ehhhhhhhhh Ehhhhhhhhhh >.<

Belinda: ya lor... What happened? Mu mum said because they are more ready for solid now and also could be due to teething. It's a phase! It's a phase! Go away this phase! Eeks!

skmama.. ur mil powerful.. 10 scoops to 150 ml??? I think its like drinking sugar with milk.. must be super sweet!!

Re:MIL

I think they are generally KPO and likes to make own decisions.. actually i also quite pissed off that she fed my boy sweet potato w/o asking me. She just mashed up a bit and fed him while she cook for her porridge in the afternoon, only told me after she fed because i mentioned abt weaning. Then she blurted she let him try..My SUMO K was oly 4 mth plus and after i start cereal when he reached 5 mths, she has fed him 2-3 times sweet potato and duno what kind of things that she can mash after she cook her porridge,, seriously i am quite pissed. But i also dunno hot to tell her off.. i think she assumes that she took care of my #1 previously so now she can make decisions for my #2. Din even ask me.. I am the mother , i want to be the one to start feeding him stuffs!!

And for the past 3 weeks, we have been staying at her hse and today finally can go home and stay.... she will say things like: "you are going to sleep with papa/mama, not sleeping with por por already.: to my #1 which can possibly upset her and make her fuss. Dunno why she always like to sa this kind of things..

Can i also complain abt my SIL??? I am damn pissed. That day we went out together, my ger offered her food and i jokingly asked my ger to share with me, my ger (2+ ) said No. I was a bit upset and angry but i noe she is like that, sometimes just trying to act spoilt, but what shocked me was that my SIL ^Hi 5 her when she said "NO" to me.. i was super angry.. c'mon.. u are 34 yr old.. still acting like a kid ( She is married w/o kids) and how can u encourage this kind of behaviour towards the mother..its definitely wrong.. i din talk to her for the whole night and i think i will not talk to her for a long time.. find that she always behave so immaturely, dunno how to handle my kids.. encourage the negative behavious and cause my ger to learn wrong things, scolded by me ( i am indirectly scolding my sil) and often cause my ger to fall down. *PISSED*

Hi lucasmummy, shall we put e other stuff for each family into e Enfa bag to save costs? Normally milk powder bags are big enuff for other stuff. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Genice: pat pat... I tried to talk less so that it made me feel less angry. I also have SIL problem, but I totally understand she adore my boy. She fed my boy ice cream! And bring him to the fridge to play with the cold things inside. My MiL warned her but they will have the little dun do harm mindset. Well..... I probably would have said the same thing when I haven't had a child. How to tell them the feeling of being a parents in this era? Especially for us, who are working and already have little time to keep an eye on them. Mos of the time, I tuned myself to relax mode. I explained to my SiL calmly and she agreed to stop him ice cream. I'm glad. But big hooha happened when my even more particular Hubby went to told her off. Naturally, the two fought, even my IL was angry with him. But naturally and conveniently, I was to blame for all these. I'm quoted "not simple". Sometimes, the men just don't get it. Anyway, I reprimanded my Hubby, confronted my mil for that quote to return my consciences. My mil said it's her fault for telling me. I told her, there's no one to be blamed, and it's ok to tell me at least I can monitor and not wait till things happened. Then she asked y do I tell my Hubby. Then I told her, he is the father, y I can't tell him? See... If we calm down, it happened all becos we love the baby too much.

I became the middleman for the bro and sis. There I explained to sil understand my Hubby and forgive for his words, here, I asked my Hubby to forget it and just apologized. Well, SiL later returned a SMS telling him how parents over protect their children and bla bla...... Haizzzzzz I just feel that, one without a child will never understand one with a child. So suan le suan le........

Genice/LucusMummy, yeah I also have SIL issues. Hmm... they don't dare to feed baby things yet cos this evil SIL/DIL is watching all the time. That's why i don't dare to leave bb alone with them. Ice-cream/honey can potentially harm the child. Bb is still on milk but i'm quite worried what they will feed him when he starts eating. As it is, my niece (SIL's daughter) who is being looked after by MIL is very rude (she scolds me and nobody dares to scold her except my hb!) and eats only junk foods (she drinks bubble tea (!!) alot and takes ice-cream/yakult/sweets daily). I really wish don't have to see them so often (usually weekly) but sometimes I tell myself SIL is divorced and I don't wanna end up like her so just keep quiet, grin & bear with it. I know 2 friends who got divorced cos of in-laws. So not worth it in the long run but how they can get under your skin... tsk tsk tsk.

OMG... last night bb woke up 10pm and cried till 1am+... I got <4hrs sleep. God save me.

On a brighter note, anyone tried mixing avocado with anything yet? I didn't have energy to cook porridge last night so prob just give avocado tonight. Hahaha.

gooooood morning! hooray! PH tmr. thinking to bring bb out...

alina,

the 6-panel, if u get a 2100mm mat, the panel will be mount on top of the mat. there will not b any gap but the play yard will be a little shakey when bb lean on it to stand.

if u get the 1900mm mat, the panel will b surrounding the mat, mount on the floor. there will be a little gap(not much i think if u adjust the panel to enclose the mat more) n its definitely stable.

im gg to get the 1900 mat. fyi, the 1900mat(yb sch bus) is $138. the 6 panel is 163. total 301.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

WanderLeibe, hmmm...key ring pouch sounds not bad cos recently he just changed his car maybe can buy that to store his keys. But then hor everyday he carries a lot of keys..1 bunch office, 1 bunch house keys.

Shiok shiok. tmr is a holiday and tonight my mil is coming over to my house to take care my kids while me and hubby meeting friends for a party drinking nite.

Anyone tried Raffles hotel buffet lunch before? Have made a booking for tmr lunch...but not sure want to go or not.

hihi mummies,

my ger havent been poo-ing for the past 4 days. Do I need to raise a concern here as she is on EBM and semi-solid i.e. rice cereal. I do not know whether this is normal cause this is the 1st time I encountering this [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Mummies, I have some baby weaning food to let go.

1) Nestle Graduates Puff (Peach)

Each: $6.00

Buy two at: $11

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4747968.jpg]

2) Nestle Cerelac (Rice & Mixed Vegetables)

Each: $4.00

Buy two at: $7

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4747969.jpg]

3) Nestle Cerelac (Brown Rice)

Each: $5.00

Buy two at: $9

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4747970.jpg]

Further offer: Buy all 6 items above at $24.

Interested Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Talking abt MIL, I believe that they are all the same. Lucky I dun stay w them. But I ve another set of problem, ie my mum. We can quarrel almost everyday! Argue n argue over bb well-being. Most of the time, I will need to tell her up front of things not to be done else she will do it. Like the honey thing, I'm really not sure whether she feed bb w it. She seems guilty when I mentioned foods that can't b consumed by bb at this age. *sigh* and she always end up crying, letting my hubby to blame me for being rude n I'm always the one at fault. Recently, I just found out that she's been feeding my bb table food (since 3-4 mths old) after I told her that bb can start semi solids. *faint* n the cushion thing - she left bb on sofa w/o cushioning her to prevent falls. I ve been suspecting bb fell once as she guilty mentioned that bb can flip n almost fallen off fr bed. Haiz, the list just go on n on...

lucas mummy.. aiyoh.. ur situation same like mine.. but now my sil will ask me if my ger wants to eat sweets/cold stuffs cause she always cough after that.. sigh the woes of being a parent.. its true lor.. we got so many things to do, definitely wouldnt want them to fall sick and add to our list.. sigh.. How old is ur sil?/ How come still quarrel with ur hb??

wanderleibe.. aiyoh.. ur niece really rude hor.. how old is she.. she quite poor thing also.. cause parents divorced.. my nephew also very rude ( my sis's son).. i dunno what to say abt him cause my sis/bil pattern the same.. tehy cant be bothered to teach their own kid .. i even have to give him tut when i visit 1x a week with my 2 kids in tow.. my sister will be bz watching movies in e room.. duh rite.. but i stopped sayig her already.. cause no pt.. she will not change one..

Evejol.. my Sumo.. only EBM also never poo for the past 2 days ( 1st time) and after that poo a lot..i read before that its ok cause they absorb all the ebm nutrients.. the longest i heard on ebm and never poo was almost 2 weeks!!

Genice,

really arh??? So ok to let her continue like this? everyday I will hear her fart but no poo and I dun know whether she is feeling ok or not as she can sleep and play as normal everyday

Hello! It's been a long time I have posted around here. Been busy of taking care of my kids and work but I have been an active silent reader. Hopefully when my work slow down abit, can participate more.

Need some advice here. For those mummies/daddies who had started their bbs with formula milk, what brand did you give? I was thinking of giving either Similac or Enfra. Which is better?

Hi Lucasmummy,

dunno lei.. sqeeuze la.. haha... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but if buy bag more convenient, then go ahead la... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ooh NHK... even more afraid to leave babies with parents or in-laws now. My mum and i also have differences but it's ok to disagree with our own mother. Haha.

Genice, niece is 8years old. She scolds everyone, even strangers on the road who look at her. *scary* I think she is only child and also because of parents' situation, quite poor thing and nobody wants to correct her. SIL and MIL also tend to argue quite abit so she is exposed to such situations regularly. Huh... why is your SIL like that? She doesn't care for her own kid? It's so strange how come some parents are like that?? I resigned myself to having no life for the next 5-10 years until kid is old enough to be independent; something's got to give right...

BBP, welcome welcome... haha you mind reader, i am also pondering same thing cos supply is lower after starting work. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mummies.. Ya, my supply getting lesser and lesser after I started work and fallen sick.. Realized that whenever I got spotting, my supply decreases.. So sad.. I'm already supplementing my girl with enfalac. I nv try similac before bcos I prefer the mummy milk powder for enfa then to similac.

Cos whenever I made my mummy milk from similac, the powder tend to get lumpy and can't dissolved.

Evening mummies!!

Sue, thanks thanks. She was damn curious about the balloon, she was like, what's that thing attached to my arm? V funny.

Lucasmummy,I should be free end of Nov. Just let me know the date, I'll be on standby, hopefully won't get called up.

Jeez, I think I'm guilty of feeding Thea ice-cream and etc. But just a tiny bit, you know now you see it now you don't kind of portion. One time I tried to gave her biscuits, but instead of snatching the biscuit from my hand, she snatched the wrapper instead and started munching on it, I saw that she was entertaining herself so I turned back to my lunch and my friend shouted loudly across the table,'your baby is eating paper!' I a bit bo chap, but think too bo chap already, cos I thought let her expose to things what... haiya, so difficult to bring up a kid.

Chillimum, your MIL really ridiculous! And it doesn't help that there's culture and language difference. For my case, whenever MIL carry baby and she starts to cry, a few things she'll say, 'mummy never feed you milk ah?', 'whenever you see mummy you cry.', 'mummy don't want you already is it?' I always make it a point to let her carry baby but always negative things coming out from her. And when Thea cries is because she doesn't really like my MIL. Hear already damn exasperated but what to do right...

yah. hi-5 edie! me lagik bo chap. during pregnancy, am soo sure that no pacifier allowed, tbf, no walker, ferberized-style sleeping..

now, bbs pacifier addict. tfm. use walker. pat pat to sleep.. carrier face-out. now, bb no longer spits up milk. can finally use ergo.. feels like everyone eyeing and accusing me of being a bad mummy when i use the face out carrier. hang head in shame.. lol very drama, i noe..

--

niwayz, my darleeeeeeeeeeeeng cheeky quirky exasperating boy discovers his penis (!!) *rolling eyes* based on exp, normally 2-3 year olds discover and explore when they start toilet-training.. feel different w/o diaper mahh. so was naturally worried. super duper worried..

now, diaper-changing is a battle. no diaper = groping time! once his hand was full of poo eh after touching his balls. my blood boils eh.. if im a cartoon character, my face red and got steam coming out from both ears.. & if my boy is 2/3 years old, sure get it from me... niwayz..

bathingtime - he wl quickly check if his penis is still there. let go. splash splash kick kick water. face panicky. check check penis still there.. face relaxed.. splash2 again.. haiz...

today, when bathing. hand above penis while peeing.. me - walking emotional battle ground

niwayz, search the net. just to share..

Sears (http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-normal-for-my-baby-to-tug-on-his-penis_3652527.bc), dr spocks (http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,6247,00.html) and freud (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosexual_development)

trying hard not to be amused, angry and worry..

--

skmama -> thnx! am getting e 1900 too. cheaper, neater and safer.. if got gap, i'll just scatter toys around.. ,p if really cant cover, wl convince self that am exposing him to accidental experential learning.. got mat & no mat.. wakakkaakaaa..

Hi mommies,

been a while since i logged on..very terrifying stories of mil!!

I understand the supersitions and old ways of feeding and bringing up babies, but danger to bb is too much man!!

I have to appreciate my blessings that both my mil n mom are very chilled out abt bb. mil is living overseas but she was also chilled when she visited and lived with us for 2 weeks..I actually missed her quite abit.

My mom's working, so I hardly leave baby with her. But when I do call her and ask her silly things like feeding baby all sorts of foods before 6mths, she would always tell me to wait and be patient..

Really appreciate them more and more now[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Agginess, nice to bump into you just now! heee[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Managed to let bb drink 150ml for dinner. That's the most he can drink at 1 go, and gotta stop once at 100ml to burp him before continuing..he's a big boy but small eater leh..hmm..

On weight-loss and BM,

Weight stagnant for weeks and weeks.. trying to start swimming and workout..

BM seem to reduce too, maybe its linked to stagnant weight.

Same calories consumed = reduced bm and weight gain! haaa!!

Happy holiday tomorrow everyone!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies it's my second last night before I go back to the UK. Hard to believe that the weeks have flown by so quickly. So sad but also glad in a way that I'm coming to the end of my single parenthood stint! Not easy trying to be mother and father at the same time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Baby J will be turning 6 mths on Sat so am looking forward to starting solids as soon as I get over my jetlag. Ha! Ha! My hubby tidied the house while we were away only for us to come back and create more mess!

edie I think it should be ok if you wash the vege with water first. From what I know what other blwers tend to do is if you have a 'salty' day then the next few days you have 'low salt or no salt' to even things out.

lucasmummy sorry to hear about your grandma. Hope the UK wasn't all cold and gloomy whilst you were there.

Baby J is also the same. Wants to be carried or have someone to talk to him all the time! Cries when he is left alone. Well sometimes it's cos his big brother kacho him but most of the time he wants company. Don't know what to do when I get back as I'll be on my own with the kids. It's sure going to drive me nuts!

chubby tiger congrats on your daughter's baptism. May God bless her and your family.

chloemum get well soon. Hope you're not itching too much. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Alina, wahahaha! I think you are too paranoid to think that people think you are a bad mummy just because you face baby out. Hilarious that your baby searches for his penis. Can't believe boys treasure it since young already.

Mrs N, seems like 2 weeks just fly by like that. Hope you will have a good flight back. Take care! And, noted about the vege, will prepare clean water next time when we are out.

Sherry, your MIL is caucasian so somehow they are more relaxed about baby caring, that's really nice.

edie.. ,8p yah! thats what hb say.. but bb used to spit up and fuss ard when face in. ,p

yeah! my exact sentiment.

mrs n -> have a safe trip. tx for sophie again. ,>

Edie, ya that's true, sometimes when the going gets tough, there are so many other things to be thankful[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mrs N, Have a safe and good trip[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Allina, your boy's so cute "bathtime check check.."my boy "checks" when its diaper change time..in the past he would clench his fist and grope everything! ouch!! now he knows that i don't let him do that so he bounces his bum away from the diaper!

Wanderleibe, agree with what u say about having no-life for the moment."something's/mommy's got to give.."

I all along thot my girl was a small eater... this morning gave her avocado she ate a bit like maybe 10 to 20 ml cos i use baby cubes so got the marking.... then late evenign i have her pumpkin about 40ml... she finished the whole thing i was so shocked!! looks like we got another winner here.....

edie, alina, sherry thanks! Fingers and toes crossed the kids will sleep like angels!! Pity didn't get to meet you guys (apart from alina) while I was here. Maybe next time. Anyway if any of you happen to be in the UK (near Yorkshire) you are most welcome to visit. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ok bye for now. Next time I'll come online I'll be in cold gloomy england. Yikes!

Mummies.. Jus wanna share my happiness! Today my girl finally willing to take her cereal after 3 weeks of trying! Thou not alot, but at least she finished the 4 tablespoon of cereal I gave her (dunno how many ml is that).. Hee.. I'm so happy!

Hopefully she could be this cooperative when she back to IFC Tmr.. Cross all my fingers and toes..

But that affects her milk intake..couldn't squeeze in 6 milk intake with jus one extra feed of food..

Hi morning mummies,

Yesterday tried carrot puree for my boy. He made the vomit sound after a few spoonful. What does it means? Hmmm, thinking of whether should stop giving him carrot. My maid told me it's normal, her baby did that as well. Any mummies encountering the same thing, should i stop the carrot puree? I tried myself, it's very nice, sweet. Don't know why...

Jojo90, 4 tablespoon is a lot. My boy can only take 2 tablespoon each time. Ask my maid to increase, she said he doesn't want to eat. But Avacado, he can eat a lot.

Back