(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Hi mummies,

I finally slept for 12 hrs strght aft 6 mths. I was way too ill and finally decided to send bb to mum's house. First day, I just cld not sleep,coz I cldn't accept the fact tht baby wasnt arnd. The next day, overdose with all the drugs,(doc prescribed for throat infection, phlegm), I slept...12 hrs. Nice....Hopefully I can leave bb with mum fortnitely..nice to have hubby and me alone at home sometimes.

Chloemum, take care dearie. Hope u recover soon!!!

RE: weaning...

2 days I send my bb to mum house, and she went all crazy trying new things. So within tht 2 days, bb had white rice porridge with carrots, potato and spinach. The next day, White rice porridge with carrot and chicken...!!!

Well, bb obviously loved it, since its very tasty. And so..I decided to just heck and go ahead do all sorts of porridge for bb. Tomm, he is gng to have porridge, brocoli, potato and chicken. So far all seems ok, he has no adverse reactions. I cook all the ingredients together untill soft soft, then U-blend them.

And...I have also tried ikan bilis and brown rice. Tasted salty even after washing ikan bilis so many timesl.

Hi mummies!! Sorry I was MIA for awhile. I just came back from my holiday, almost missed flight.

On the same day I departed, my grandmother passed away. I was just in time to be back and attended her funeral and tomorrow would be the last day.

So sorry, I couldn't catch up with all the post esp on our XMAS party!

I will be more available on Monday. Will then get the party organisation rolling...

Wanderleibe... my babe hates the apple.... she wrinkled her face like a prune.... i used jazz apples that i found at NTUC the smaller red version (turned out sour after steaming and puree) cos i vaguely recall somebody saying fuji apple sour...and i couldn't find the pacific rose or dunno wat.... lucky i only bought 1 apple but unfortunate for her she still has 1 more portion tmrw....she did try to feed herself with the pigeon spoon but everytime it went into her mouth her whole face puckered up and it dribbled onto her chin... hahaha... and she simply wasn't interested in the apple slices i placed on the tray... she picked it up swung it around and it landed on the floor.... oh well... next up is pumpkin cos the MIL bought some in the fridge.... i normally puree my stuff... too darn lazy to mash takes too much effort got machine then let machine do it hahahah....oh.. i got maid to clean up so BLW is fine for now ;p

Lucasmummy...did u have a good trip.... sorry to hear bout ur grandmother

Agginess... take care take care... nasty cough flu virus going round....

Hi everybody! Have a great wet sunday today!

Mrs N, do you think it's possible to just wash the food down with boiled water before offering to Thea? Brought her to wedding lunch yesterday and there were brocolli, chicken etc, and she seemed so interested to take a bite at everything but didn't give her any as they were so salty. What do you think? Is it okay to just wash it down?

Hello Agnes, hope you will get well soon! And I think you should put your baby at your mom's place fortnightly so your mom will have extra time for him and you can have time alone with hubby. One stone kills 2 birds.

Lucasmummy, it's gonna be hectic for you the next few days. Take good care of yourself!

Thanks gals..

Edie, U r rite..I feel i really need time alone wif hubby. This whole motherhood thingy, suffering in silence, not seeking help is all gng really crazy. Thanks.

Btw, Thea is picking things up to chew? Soo cute..But issit alrite to start now? Im so paranoid bb will bite chunk off...I gave bb sweet potato, and was staying so close to bb like a Looney mama. Does the BLW book teach and prepare u for all these?

Agnes, according to the book, as long is the baby who put the food into their mouth by themselves, the chances of getting choked is quite slim.

Oh yes, Thea loves to pick up stuff and chew. It can be anything, it's really cute to see her trying to pick up food from her tray, but sometimes after trying so hard to pick it up she'll just throw on the floor. I've started to put her on high chair when we go to restaurants and give her biscuits or bread while we are eating, and the floor ended up really messy and dirty.

kcpq:

notti notti... want to bully a handicap mother..

hehe

wanderleibe...

thanks thanks.. i'm 90% betta liao.. can get up to surf the net liao.. only to realise that my company's IT has banned internet surfing, unless i'm logged on the my company network (at home).. KNS..

edie:

saw ur pics from Thea.. she looks cute tugging her balloon! those huge curious eyes.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

agnes:

hope u recover soon!

about alone times with hubby.. sighs... have been having so many differences with hubby ...

ask u mummies..

how do u let go when hubby doesn't take care of the bb the same way u do?

i.e m hubby doesn't like me telling him what to do.. but i really cannot tahan sometimes.. when i see food dripping down bb's mouth (ask him not to waste and just scoop it upwards to feed her) or when he uses sooo much diaper cream on her (waste so much for what???)

i think huh, i'm a control freak lor.. so it's hard to just keep my mouth shut :/

*monday blues*

lilstarz, ooops apple didn't work out. Shucks! your recommendation on sweet potato was excellent. I managed to get about 4 tablespoons inside. Heheh! i also pureed some chinese spinach. Issit ok to give huh?

Sue, hang in there... yeah it can feel like that. i also have disagreements, for small stuff now i try to bite my tongue cos i just rationalize that different ppl have different ways of doing things. Hb is trying to help & be involved so i try to be as supportive as possible. Haiz... one thing i cannot control is about MIL. This weekend she just said my bb's hair looked like grass!! Albeit Jap carpet grass but still... grass?!!?? *faint*

Sue: my hubby is also like tt, & hes more lazy than yr hubby. he doesnt apply diaper cream on my boy, & worse still, not wiping his butt bef putting on a new diaper! but then again, he only changes his diaper like 1x a week???! baby is turning 6mths, & he has only bathed him 1x, & probably only did the night feeds like 5x. & thats only becoz i was having a slight fever. hes deaf @ night. haha..

wanderleibe: yea yea! my MIL also makes stupid remarks sometimes. she keeps sayin my boy is v dark,but its damn stupid, coz her own son ( my hubby) is very dark!!

Hi morning mummies,

I tried brown rice this weekend. think my baby don't like it. I wash the rice, then soak the rice in water for a while. Blend it and cook it. But it's not very fine. I tried it and find quite big lumps of rice, so after cooking it. blend it one more time. think quite troublesome, must find some time to try and blend the dry version. i think this is not a sucessful experiment. My baby don't like brown rice, think there is no taste. Pui out every mouthful....

talking about hubby, i gave up on mine. i got a maid, so everything he leave it to maid and me.

baby_t, at least your hubby still bath the baby once, mine never even once. i think night feed slightly more than yours, less than 10x. change diaper, i think less than 10x. During my confinement and maternity, i keep thinking about why he so bo-chap, don't really care. Other ppl's husband seems more concerned. i learnt not to compare, not to be envious about other helpful husband, just be contended with my own. if not, end up quarrelling with him everyday. (happen during my confinement).

Whenever he tried to help, i just let him be, if he wants to apply diaper cream, so be it. if he doesn't want. nevermind. next time i change, i make sure i apply diaper cream. Life become easier and at least, i'm enjoying my life with my baby instead of spending it quarrelling with him.

impulse: i think its coz u have a maid thats why yr hubby left most of the baby caregiving tasks to u & yr maid. i don't have a maid, m a SAHM. nay..i didnt quarrel with him over such stuff lah. coz i think i can do a way better job looking aft baby than him anyway, so i'll order him to clean the hse & bathe the dogs during wkend :p or demand more shopping trips. hahaha!

impulse: u might wana soak the brown rice much longer. brown rice has more fibre than white rice ( bran layer ), thus require a longer time to cook to be tender. Try soaking for afew hrs instead.

Baby_T: they very funny right... they gave birth to their sons like that and we still marry them so how can they fault us for how the grandchildren turn out. Muahahahah. i also have no maid, FTWM, my days are a blur. Stagnant weight loss - yeah me also yo-yoing plus minus 500g. But when i'm busy and no time to eat, i feel my trousers can get abit loose. However i'm hungry all the time. Haha. No time to exercise yet. wonder if i ever will...

Impulse 41, I intend to give brown rice leh... but i think blending after cooking is better from my exp with white rice. last wkend, i put white rice into slow ocoker over night and it's really smooth in the morning (haha discovered how cyrstal jade has such smooth porridge) and i just blend abit but prob can stop doing that after a few weeks cos need some texture for bb i guess.

Hb help - my hb is really very supportive. he bathed bb cos i had a c-section. hee hee i discovered a "trick". i fell sick about a month ago and was exhausted. i just move like zombie everyday. no energy to talk/argue just take care of baby and even when hb ask qn, answer weakly. i realized he started to offer more help!! :p it's quite bad, like emotional blackmail right... but i didn't do it deliberately lah.

wanderleibe: maybe u can tell yr MIL its becoz she gave birth to a son whose hair looks like grass, thats y bb's hair look like grass too. haha. i don't care if bb is fair or dark, as long as hes drinking well, eating well, sleeping well, growing well, is a happy baby. whats wrong with having dark skin anyway? tsk tsk...

u already gt back to pre pregnancy weight? my weight loss was stagnant when i was still doing total bf then partial bf, only started to lose abit more aft i switched to total FM.

Wanderleibe, how u cook the white rice? can shared? so cook in slow cooker for how long? i going to borrow my mummy's slow cooker to try when baby need a little texture. cook overnight with soup. but if can do now. better still.

baby_t, i soak the rice for around 2-3 hours before blending then cooking, but find that still can taste the lumps of rice, maybe should cook, then blend.

Hi Mummies,

So envious to be reading about all your experiences on weaning your babies.. Lil' Megan is more or less confirmed to be mildly allergic to rice.. I've stopped her weaning process at the mom but she is still having her rashes.. Now is down to elimination process.. Ive even 'downgraded' her back to Stage 1 FM.. Now it's either FM or my breast milk... that she is allergic to... Sigh.. Anyone who knows of any good PD, esp with babies prone to allergies? Thanks a bunch..

Wanderleibe.. not too sure how spinach would taste.. maybe try give a bit alone first if she doestn like it got to mix with another sweeter root vege.. some ppl say wait until 8 months some aldy give early no probs.. so its conflicting views.. i guess ultimately depends on the tummy of ur babe...i made pumpkin.. then went to buy purple sweet potato and snow peas yesterday.. i doubt snow peas taste good alone so gonna try mixing it...oh and for her apple i put in a bit of mango (quite sweet) today..getting experimental here haha..... will find out from school how she took to it later...

hiyah MIL the mouth all the same.. no matter wat rarely got nice things to say wan lah...but i also very sacarstic... so come to the point my MIL everything keep quiet aldy.. i am one of those DILs that MILs wouldn't want ;p

Wanderleibe .. i am one of those kitchen idiots here... how much rice to water u put in the slow cooker ah? can give very specific details..but i am thinking of using brown rice...

lilstarz29,

Please please teach me!!! i really very super sian to stay w them... -.-

esp my mil... i think she keeps pretending infront of my hubby!

let me vent pls~~~

like last night.. when we reach home.. she go touch touch see see my baby bag lo~ than found the snack i bought for bb and take out.. asking me he start eating this already huh etc etc.. i see she machiam wanna open and give my boy... than i quickly tell my boy... no more snacks... eat alot today le.. than she reply... no la.. never wanna give.... ( than i am thinking... never wanna give than take for wat?)

don like it when she touches my things!

i see before how she treat his other grandchild so i don like the way she handle them... i don care if thats how she take care of her son(my hubby) etc.. but its my boy i rule! =X

know what? she can feed my nephew snacks before lunch and when its lunch time than she complain the boy doesnt wanna eat. i cannot stand this kind of thing de lo!

Hi bout Enfa sponsorship for Xmas party,

I just contacted them. They wil give in a bAg: 400g Enfapro milk powder, one pair of baby socks, info sheets on milk powder. They will deliver a total of 50 sets. Extra we can use as lucky draw prizes? And also little towels. Quantity of towels wil be updated.

They wil deliver directly on 12 dec. Wat time shd they deliver?

Kcpq... this one still small issue leh... my MIL also like to touch touch see wat i use for the baby.... like why use this why use that.. then i will tell her dun worry i only use the best for ur grandchild won't cause her any harm wan..they are all very expensive products... or like she say dun u tink u feed her 3 - 4 hours is too far apart the baby hungry.. then i will say don't worry i wont starve ur grandchild wan... if she hungry she will cry... then smile... er maybe u should'nt learn from me cos i think i make a terrible DIL... but then this type of thing she touch touch is really small issue can close one eye just close.. though i think you quite young thats why MIL will be even more controlling type.. cos she still think u very young need help & guidance etc..somemore ur first child these experienced ppl want to help... though it just comes across as plain irritating...

plus i moving out early next year u know.. so i can escape.. i think u still stuck there a while leh...

Serene! Well done! U got the bumper sponsor! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Hey u guys want any performances during the Xmas? Lets do an impomptu sabotage to the daddies. Tell them its a game then give them some music and ask them to choreograph a dance or smtg! hahaha! That will be so funny!! :p Evil me..

Kcpq-- i think most MILs are universal.. the pattern a bit the same.. i complain until my mouth ache and my hb's ears went deaf. ahha! then i just acknowledge everything.. then i think my MIL didnt find the fun in picking on whatever i do already.. hahaha!

baby-t.. ur weight loss stagnant? mine too.. stuck with big fat hips... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I miss my pre wedding figure... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Hb also developed a big belly.. am doing circuit training-- climb stairs. stopped for 2 days bec leg super pain..

ohh! and I had slight red discharge when i work out the first day. Is it normal? I havent had my period since i was preggie..Furthermore whenever i sleep on my tummy. I feel that something moving in my tummy.. an i paranoid?

Calling mummies with puking babies!!!- How are u ladies weanign ur baby?-- My bb is puking again.. since i started solids.. Sally, I rmb u said both ur sons had reflux.. how are u weaning ur #2?

Can't stand her lo!

Plus recently I found out that she likes to come in our room n see see touch touch my thingys! I don like... I can't wait to move out lo! So good!!! U are moving out Soon! I don know when than I can move lo!!! N hopefully!!! When we move they are not going to tag along! She's not really that bad but I suppose we have got diff ways to teach children...

I dislike the way she act infront of my Hubby... Was telling her thAt day say not using Bb language to talk to my Bb... N I explain the reason to her... Than she ya ya ... Agree w me.. ThAn infront of my Hubby... She say diff thing... Haiz... Moving out is the best solution! But!!! My Hubby doesn't wAnna move so soon-.- despite me telling him how uncomfy I'm .... I seriously hate going home...-.-

Ar, sometimes I will pretend not to hear her... Lol!!!

Hey u got take precaution during ml or not? Si ca Li preg again!

I have back to my pre pregnancy weight n even lighter than before...

kcpq: my MIL is also v kapoh...she will ask whats this, whats that etc..& why this why that. & when my baby was fussing when i put him on the carseat, she will nag non stop & ask me to carry him out of the carseat. i'll guve her v curt replies & ignore her. or i'll tell her v bombastic explainations, then she will keep quiet so as not to appear stupid. haha!!

I'm very bad! Sometimes I wish to have big Quarrel w her... So my Hubby can be alert that it's time we move! :X

AR: i was slightly underweight bef i gt preggie, didnt gain alot (7kg), lost 5kg aft 2weeks, & the sturborn 2kg hang ard for a long time. m sooo nt okay with my arms.

kcpq: i think the fats become PR in my arms liao. its only recently tt i lost another 1kg.m nt v tall, so m quite paranoid over weight gain

i hav alr gave up ranting abt my mil... but just to contribute n make u gals feel better... here r some yes only some of the things she says/does:

-put bb on her bed wo cushions n went to bath. came back found bb at the edge, almost fell.

-apple puree too sour. (she say add sugar!)

-wanna feed bb honey! bb only 3/4mths old! at the same time she keep bugging to start feeding cereal alr...@@

-bb new clothes. she say no need to wash first. let her wear. after wear cant wash, wash alr will spoil. must dry clean!(that dress she bought cost 5.90!!!)

-feed bb semi-solid lying down. say easier to feed like tat!

okok n... her countless supersitions, non logical. fine. she dun follow instructions... do things her own way (make fm put hot water then add cool water. microwave bb's fm w puree). fine. i go out w hubs, she tell bb "mummy dun wan to bring u". WTF!!! fine. just last week, she bring bb out, i prepare for her fm powder in the dispenser. 5 scoops in one part. for 150ml water. she went n add two parts which is 10 scoops to 150ml water! double dose@@!!!! she say she add one part alr milk seem v diluted! v smart rite!

n a lot a lot more... now my brain cant think anymore! im alr shaking. think i need to go check my blood pressure liao!

baby t, don be too bother about the number la~ overall looks okie can already! hey! i have u in my facebook not?

responding to your sos fm apr2010 mummy...

jthan,

there is really no point changing PD as all PDs will tell you the same thing... if really caused by allergen, there is no cure other than wait for bb to outgrow. really must 100% avoid the food that causes it.

try my MIL's cleaning method for bb rash. brew a pot of chinese tea, use the tea to clean the face, as many times a day as you want. use handkerchief to clean must be dab dab dab, not rub rub rub on bb face. mayb really caused by not cleaning the face properly lor... that is more easily remedied

my PD (at my insistence) did a skin prick test for 4 common allergens - egg, cow's milk, soya and peanut. C2 is allergic to egg through my breastmilk. so i m entirely off eggs now.

PD prescribed organic shea butter w/o any additives (it smells really nutty/buttery/oily not at all like l'occitane's preparations) for C2. you can try CB calendula cream first.

on C2, i use in order of severity of face rash

1. organic shea butter

2. desowen

3. fucicort

all apply only when he naps, bcz he tends to stick his entire fist into his mouth.

hth!

sayang sayang. imho, our bbs have an entire lifetime to eat all sort of things, if really allergies, then best to avoid the offending food entirely.

skmama, wow! ur mil is so firece! doesnt listen... hmm... now i feel better! oh ya~ my mil always wanna force my bb call her! lol! hopefully he call me first!

experience mummies!!! will bb call mummy first?

skmama ---> wakakakaaaa!!! cannot help laughing at the 10 scoops 150ml! waaaahhh.. salute at you for being soo patient.

the part "mummy dun wan to bring u". thats so ouch eh.. crybaby me would have cry and sulked and refused to talk to her..

my ml have 2 other newborns so her attention spread thinly. but, im like the rebellious one.. dun follow superstitions. always kena from her.. haiz..

skmama: !!!! OMG. putting bb on bed w/o cushions/pillows is soooo dangerous!! i'll probably pull her head & bang against the wall if my baby falls.

hw did u manage to put up with so much nonsense? i think u become buddha liao!

kcpq: just added on fb! my MIL is also like tt!! keeps askin my baby to call her "popo". & when hes deep in slumber, she likes to pinch his fat thighs. grrrr....

alina aj: high 5!! i dun heed superstitions too, pretty much to my MIL's annoyance. wahahah!

baby t, wah lao! u so slim la!!!! no need to reduce weight somemore!!!!

i so scare my mil will assume my boy call her first cause he is going to call me mummy... and calling her ah ma... scare she hear the word ma... she will assume my boy calling her... actually.. sometimes i think bb really calling me leh!!! esp when he in very bad mood and wants my attention.. he will scream maaaaa~~~~

skmama, admire u, so much nonsense and u are still putting with her. i think i will puke blood if my MIL is like that. the milk powder and the washing of clothes is just plain nonsense.

i like baby_t's remark, buddha already. i think so also....

skmama --> am posthopping. read abt ur buying haenim panels? bought already? is it good? u bght 4/6 panels?

thking of buying for mums place.

ar --> better chk. i have my period several times ever since delivery.. raihans birthday was in april right? thats likeeee 7 mths ago?? wooo hoooooo... oh oh..

Hey mummies

I just opened my Healthy Times Brown Rice cereal for my baby and it is not brown , it is white leh .... Just want to check that that is alright cos the brown rice adults eat is brown leh hehe

Back