(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

Syz: the poo can bomb singapore one! damn stink. dunno how come eat 1-2 cubes puree only can change the poo so much. amazing how carrot etc end up smelling so bad after...

I also got organic spinach at cold storage/giant. once bought wrongly new zealand spinach, which is ti wan cai. must see the vege itself. got english spinach, nz spinach, dunno what other country spinach.

I also feed 3x/day. usually mix cereal with puree.

Angela: hb has been giving MIL allowance every month since he started work even tho she don't need it. he says this for filial piety reasons and i don't object. anyway, i also need to give my parents $$. after we got married, obviously this to continue. we don't stay together.

hi all,

had a very terrible n horrible night.. my girl wakes up many many times last night.. and most of the time will cry very loudly.. and worst when she started crying very loudly just now, i discovered her diaper leaked.. and my bed is gone.. haiz.. need to change bedsheet again.. tonight going back to my mum's place, going to tell my hubby to air the bed also.. i'm so so tired now..

cellow: that's a good news too!! my hubby didn't request for it leh.. maybe most of the time he also very tired after work.. and he see me very tired too..

juye

hee mine also wakes up several times a nite but now he dont cry liao, just wake up and i will leave him alone.. and if he makes noise, i try to pat him.. sometimes he goes back to zz sometimes no, so i just latch him back to zz hee

juye, mine has never slept thru. if she wake up 2x, it is a good night. like bbdust, sometimes to play herself, but when she need to sleep back, 99% need nn...

Maddie,

Your girl's smart! But frustrating for you. Hang in there... in no time you will be our resident expert on how to get bb to eat what they dislike ;p Yes spinach has many kinds. Am learning as I go along.

Angela,

I have been giving my parents an allowance since I started working even though they don't need it. When hb was living with his parents he shared the utilities bill with his bro and pd the premiums for my FIL's ins policy. After our wedding and moving to our own place I continue to give my parents an allowance and my hb now gives his parents an allowance instead of paying the electricity bill. We give for filial piety reasons too.

syz, my boy is close to 7month old liao.. maybe we started him off at 4month old, so now he can take quite fair bit of solid..

bbdust, celyn, looks like a lot of meals but the quantities not a lot for each meal.. i thought we have been given little, who knows u all said a lot hahaha

angela, i also stay with my mil and she is a widow since 3 yrs ago.. my hb paid for everything in the house and expenses and also give her allowance as she cooks 4 meals each week. i think it's reasonable as she needs money to buy food..

re: ladies topic

i think the more tired my hb is the more he wants it. for me total opposite... sleep ranks higher. i think he tries to make me less tired by helping out lots... hee hee not complaining ;p

angela,

i have been giving my parents allowance too. we don't stay together and still give.

jasda,

cos you started very early that's why becomes 3 meals now. to us who just started not long ago, its a lot.

What do you all think if I feed bb syz a small portion of cereal (say 2 heaped teaspoons of dry cereal before mixing) followed by milk twice a day instead of feeding her more cereal once a day? I noticed that when I feed her cereal or this morning's puree after a few spoonfuls she starts sucking on her thumb. Don't want to turn meal times into a food fight so thinking it might be easier for her to adjust by taking a bit of cereal for 2 meals then slowly increase the amount of each meal.

just ate one semi ripe avocado [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] does it ripen when left in the fridge? very hard to get it right! the last time I bought it had brownish streaks in the flesh. *grrrr*

bbdust,

My boy total intake is about 500ml provided I force feed him else will be lesser lor. He hates eating semi solid food too. Sigh! I think he can be fairy liao..

dazz,

I'm in a midst of changing maid too.. Mine got serious work attitude problems.. Keeps giving me problems.. been wanting to change her since 3mths ago but no suitable ones.

Cellow,

Congrats on your 'negative' result. I will go crazy if i have #3. Haha!

cottagefry

i also forcefeed, i use syringe now whether he likes it or not. last month he was good, no fuss at all everyone was happy.. this month he is back to fairy mode.

Bbdust,

When i force feed him more than 30ml, he will vomits out the whole feed.. Waste my effort n bm.. Sigh

hi all apr mommies..

I am new in this thread..

My little boy edd was in May but wanted to come out earlier and thus arrives to us on 23rd apr..

I have an elder boy, Dec 2008 baby.. and currently in childcare full day, while my little boy taken care by my maid..

I am not a always-check-thread mommy but at times, I do like to come and share or "steal" some advices from mommies here..

nice to "meet" you all here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi taybaby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

welcome [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi BBdust,

thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

can I ask u mean u feed ur baby solid with syring? or milk??

i use syring when i need give medicine, but my baby seems not able to swallow and often will cough badly..

do u sit ur baby up and feed with syring?? my baby still don seems to be able to sit in good position.. but we do put him in jumperoo for short play..

taybaby,

feed baby milk with syringe... i will use spoon to feed food [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

nope he will lie down on a pillow when i feed him milk using syringe [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cottagefry,

i will def go crazy if i have #3! heng arrh

syz,

nx time, unripe avocado, and you have already cut in. 2 things i do with it. blend and make into avocado shake, add choc and milk separately. or grill the avocado in oven toaster.

you funny la, your euphemism. i had the exact same conversation with Mr C recently!

hello taybaby!

angela,

tis his mother. let HB deal w it and deal with his sister and brother. you keep your hands clean and stay out of it.... just smile at watever HB tells you and offer no opinion.

i will go even further to say your MIL in this case din bring up her children properly to give her money out of filial piety, so tis a problem that she created for herself.

my parents from young already give my grandparents cash, smtimes in front of us. i also give now even though my parents dun need. Mr C also gives to his parents. i know wat Mr C gives to his parents and vice versa. if downward adjustment needed to balance our own family budget (like when C2 was born and also when C1 went to school), we talk to our respective parents. we dun cross lines to talk to the other person's parents... he is not 'permitted' to meddle directly in my dealings w my parents, he is to only talk to me abt his views and opinions, then i will tk them into consideration. i extend the same courtesy to him and his dealings w his parents.

so pls gal, stay out of this. super messy and anything that you might say would DEF be misinterpreted.

BBdust, does he have problem swallowing?? coz i relate ur syring feeding milk is kind of same as my feeding medicine syring.. and since my boy don seem to swallow well from syring in half sit position, I don't dare to feed him cereal.. coz I take it that he haven learn to swallow..

Hi cellow, hello [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

angela...i agree with wat cellow posted...pple may comment that Im only a DIL bleah bleah bleah & watever so i rather keep my mouth shut in front of the ILs & dh's siblings but I will definitely make known hw i feel abt certain things to dh privately ...helps to sorta balance things out a bit..cos at times dh might be over-stretched too much in helping his own family folks rather than considering the bigger picture now which includes me & the bb ..hehe ...im so mean...as along as u dun disturb my own family unit, life is good.

taybaby,

no leh he takes the syringe very well hee, if u want to syringe feed cannot half sit position, it will all flow out

hmm why u want to feed him using syringe? he dont want to drink milk too? feed solids dont use syringe, use spoon will choke him leh.

Mummies,

I'm frustrated.

Juz when I decided to lessen pumping and stop bfding gradually, the ss is creeping back again... faint + roll eyes..

how how how!!! what is this man... my nn are doing opp of what I'm thinking.

For some of u who read my fb post, it was so embarrassing yest I din know how to react man.. sigh

ladies topic: talking abt bd huh??

zz,

then its a sign to tell u dont stoppppp hee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i LOL when i read ur FB post... exactly like jude.

BBdust,

i use syring so far only for his medication when he is sick..

actually not really sit,, rather is like carry but head more tilted looking forward while feeding, instead of real sitting or lying down.. that why i said is half sit position.

i also prefer spoon to feed cereal.. but i take his que for cereal feed from how he swallow medicine from syring. I imagine if he can take in medicine from syring and swallow well without coughing or difficultive, I assume he can swallow on his own and can start give him cereal through spoon..

Mostly read that to start cereal, baby must be able to swallow and hold his head up then can start.

sorry if i am making everyone blur :p

zz, hi i am new here.. what FB post?? can share share here [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

and don't stop bfding la.. why u want to stop..

taybaby,

ah spoon and syringe a bit different wor.. my boy if i let him sit like what u say 1/2 sit position, he will spill out when i syringe feed him too but he takes the spoon well, they use different mechanisms inside their mouth for these 2 things.

I think u can start giving him solids and try [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] once u miss the window to let him learn how to swallow and eat from a spoon, it will be difficult later

BBdust,

thanks okie.. will try it this weekend.. maybe with a little rice cereal and let him try [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

seeing that mommies here seems to be giving solids, gives me more confident [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i am so sleepy.

ah boy still has the cough started his meds all over again since stopping on sunday.

the problem is he cough till he regurgitates milk!

i have to kiv weaning again!!!!!

vic

mine also loh cough until regurgitates milk but now he okie liao..the cough mixture PD gave is good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

zz,

a sign that you shdnt stop bfeedg. hehe.

LOL on your little story!

yes, we are talking abt bd. and demanding (or surprisingly undemanding) HBs.

taybaby,

not confusing at all. you are saying that if bb got motor skills to swallow fm syringe, then got sufficient motor skills to swallow solids.

wow the gap between your 2 v close... closer than my jul08 and apr10 boys.

yes cellow.. u get what i writing.. often my HB said i don't even know what I saying about.. ha ha

but I will let small boy try out cereal this weekend like BBdust said.. miss the window period will be more difficult in future..

what is db??

yes oh we the same.. got 2 boys and also near.. mine is 16 months age gap..

both HB and me took it naturally BUT ha ha we compromise to stop at two as for now.. will you go for a meimei for them??

taybaby,

hehe, join the mother-of-2-boys club.

nnooooooooooooooooooo way, god help me

bd = baby dance = have sex

i think we can use the sex word here la. the fact that we r all mummies means that we have had sex at least once

*blink blink

Hi taybaby. Wow 16months age gap very small lei. Means we must get pregnant now our bb 6-7 months old! Can't imagine being preggie now n coping with bb at this age. Then again what age is easiest to cope?

afternn mummies, today's my off day again to take care of my boy.. just came back from polyclinic this morning cos took my boy there to see doc. really regretted it cos waited 3 hours to see the doc.. shd have just gone to a family doc. My boy's right eye was swollen since yesterday morning and my mil was very worried. Initially tot was an allergy cos my mil fed him cod fish on Mon. The doc say that allergy both eyes will swell, and my boy's eye swell maybe becos of his blocked nose which jammed up the duct area plus he likes to rub his eyes with his saliva-full hands. luckily not anything too serious, just wasted my whole morning.

any mummies going for playgroup trial class? I just booked a slot for gymboree play n learn 2 trial class at tanglin mall this sunday.

btw there's a philips warehouse sale again this weekend.

For weaning, my boy has eaten rice cereal, broccoli, potatoes, carrots, salmon, cod fish, egg yolk, tofu. Initially quite worried what kind of reaction he'll have cos didn't follow the rule of giving him 1 food at a time. We just gave him whatever food that we going to have for dinner and just steam and mix them for him to try out. Luckily still ok so far.

ohh so bd is sex...ha ha no lo.. who first time then conceive de??

conceive small boy when big boy around 8 month old.. and I delivered 36 weeks for small boy.. in terms of years consider 2 ba.. but in fact only 1 and half..

not trying but we take it naturally... we do have some prevention in place now ha ha later stage.. later then see what coming ba..

easier to cope ah.. i feel i am lucky enough coz when I delivered big boy is around 16 month old.. and by time I go back work, I can leave him in childcare. Just that it is hard on him, as he is used to having my maid with him at home, and now he is in school most of time.

violet

oh saw u going for trial class.. I think i receive email from mygym (at tampines or marine parade) having trial class this weekend..

maybe you can google for their number and check it out..

I attended this for big boy before, but still thinking if I should wait till small boy older a bit then go for mygym trial class..

did any mommies buy the philips steam + blend machine to make puree?? is it good??

I very tempted..

in past for big boy, we steam by traditional method then blend separately.. and we go puree and freeze once a week..

with this puree, I see it is very convenient and can puree fresh on the day puree easier..

the warehouse sale will have this on sale??

taybaby, i live quite far from the east but thanks for the info. will be trying out growing up gifted when baby hits 8 months and another colleague recommended kindermusik. Also tempted to get the blender, i remember the last few times i went to philips, they didn't that.. oh no. my boy just fell down the sofa as I was typing..

Hi everyone! Haven't logged in for a while. Been really hectic for the last week or so. My entire team is in HK for training but I opted to stay behind because of my daughter.

Been worried because my daughter has been drinking poorly the last few days. Her all-time low was 15 ounces for the entire day (with one feed of cereal). When we "force" her to drink, she pukes the milk up. Went to the PD twice and given some medicine for wind but it hasn't helped with her appetite. I am going to try bringing her to a homeopathy practitioner and see if it helps

violet,

is he ok? my girl fall from my bed once and got a big balugu on her forehead.

ming8110,

hope your girl's appetite will increase.

Back