(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

tash, glad to u hear that u are fine!

I was admitted yday too! took steroids jab as well..

Are u on this medication Nifedipine? I am on it for 10 days.. After which can stop and let contractions come if they do happen.

noscon, ya lo! very fast.. today is week 34 day 5.. Just need to endure 2 weeks 2 day more for week 37.

babyl

Don't worry abt milk powder, PD will recommend according to your baby. Like Nan is for baby with parent of sensitive medical history. Some are really trial and error.. like I try brand 1, bb cant poo, or smelly poo, so i switch, finally got enfragrow for my boy.. but tt is when he is already older after I stop BF.

noscon, can't sleep cos can't find position to sleep, n tend to get very breathless.. dunno y at night feel more breathless leh.. wonder if got to do wif water retention..

cloudy

i know lim/dell123 is delivering at mt a. oh isee...maybe u can adjust your pillow behind the head to be higher?

Ladies

Do we have to know our PD name by the time we give birth? I heard fr someone that hosp will ask us whether we have a preferred PD then they will make arrangement for us to bring bb to this PD...

carol,

That kit don't have the funnel that I want. So i have to get from the website. I havent ordered.. better do so tonight, else i think I wont be in time.

Thanks mommies for your concern! :)

elise,

now week 31 so too too early for me to experience so much contraction and gynae found that i have shorter than average cervic which may have 30% higher chance of birth before week 34...so got to keep bb in there as long as possible... i dun want a premmie, now bb only 1.7kg only leh...i still need to take utrogestan and nifedipine 3 x per day till next fri gynae appt..

gynae said as long as after week 34, she's not that concerned about birth as bb's organ should be fairly well developed. took the 2 painful steroid jabs too...wah! it was horrible jab loh! but then, i want my bb's lungs to develop faster just in case...

noscon

For my case, it is in the admission letter that my gynae passed me. The name is inside, suppose to give to the nurse when I admit.

if you have a prefered PD, think have to let gynae know in advance.

Noscon, i'm not too sure about the complimentary parking too. But then again, if got to pay got to pay lor.. what to do rite??

I know for Mt A. U pay like $5 (subsidised rate) for whole day. Cloudys, i dont quite like Mt A room. maybe its kinda old but have to admit they got nice greens around the hospital unlike TMC.

cloudys,

gynae did a Vaginal scan and measured loh...;p

no wonder i always feel the weight so near to V place recently...

btw, tmc quite good service and food is good..like the fish papaya soup that they serve every morning.. got newspaper dewlivery everyday too...the upgraded 1 bedder room look like a suite and spacious..

was so bored that i went to the nursery to see those new born bbs...so cute and adorable...:-D

1727, ya i guess tmc rooms may look newer, n heard their confinement food is good oso.. but think i kinda chose Mt A in the end cos my colleague told me abt their strict rules on visiting.. but maybe now lifted le.. but anyway i've oredi got the Mt A ladies card, so might as well use it lor.. n din like the parking at tmc.. hehe..

tash, yup.. my gynae did tell me since i am already over week 34 he is not too concern over it. Just need to jab steroids to help his lungs mature faster.

I am taking nifedipine so far so good for me.. no side effect..

U are right, the after effect of the steroids jab is painful.. dunno how to describe it. Like sore.. like suan..

lim, how come his nurse ask u so early ah? i last went to c him last week, was at 30weeks liao still din ask me leh.. so they doing preadmission for u?

tash, u stayed one bedded? how much did ur bill come up to? I havent received mine, waiting for them to post.

Can i check, the PDs, must it from TMC? If i choose mine from Mt E, will they come over?

elise,

huh? thot bill settled on that day of discharge liao? my bill came up to $1500plus (all in) for 2 days admission. Medisave can only claim $900, so the rest paid cash/credit card. FBI member got a bit of discount ($60plus) as reflected in the bill.

elise,

Have to check if the PD does go other hospitals or not, think just like gynae. You had a prefered one at Mt E? who?

tash, the nurse went down to settle for me cos my hubby not ard.. So i didnt get to see.. let them mail to me..

U stayed one bedder? I stay 4 bedded so i guess mine is maybe top up $100 after medisave deduction.

Elise, think u better check the PD part with your gynae. Anyway, think the PD will come & check your baby and give the APGAR score or something. Then vanish liao.

For subsequent checkup, you can opt for outside PD.

cloudys,dont knw leh.. his nurse just ask me which hospital i wan to stay.. then last mon i ask then nurse again will mt A give me letter or mgs that i really booked my bed.. the nurse told me they alrdy fax to them.. sometime mt A will give us letter sometime no.. ah ya dont worry.. if nv book when u admit that day also can do admission..hhehehe.. they wont reject u just because u nv book with them

Oh okie.. icy i dunno who yet.. But my gf recommended me hers at Mt E and another gf recommended one at Yishun call Dr Woo i think. But she say always long Q, hubby dun wan. Hubby ask me to ask gynae to recommend.

elise,

The Patient Care Coordinator brought the bill up to me on discharge date too and told me that's the final bill and everything settled liao, cos first day of admission, they already got my hubby to give $1200 as deposit and brought up all docs for me to sign in the room. So they said they will refund the deposit after final billing...

i think you may not even need to pay anything liao, should be able to pay everything under medisave. :)

Lim, u mean u got a letter fr Mt A alr??

My gynae also ask me at 28wks... but so far no news from Mt A leh... Tink I beta go ask gynae again nx appt

elise,

Mine is Dr Lee Bee Wah, she comes everyday like the gynae while I was hospitalized. Convenient for them since their clinic is there anyway. My boy is with her.

Hmm.. mine didnt.. maybe cos i was in a rush...

Maybe, i am going to claim my insurance! insurance agent told me this is a grey area admission due to pregnancy but he will try!

icy, which floor is she at?

Maybe i will try her for the stay in TMC also...

TMC open up a new PD wing.. i think also got quite a few PD inside.

elise,

we called our insurance agent too.. cannot cover cos pregnancy related... :-(

actually they should really come up with a new insurance prioduct to cover these preganancy complication leh...

tash, there is a pregnancy complication one.. I have that plan from AIA but it does not cover pre-term. It covers etopic pregnancy etc.

Anyway, i am trying to claim on my H&S policy, shall update u if i can claim!

if I asked my gynae for a PD recommendation and then he recommended me one, then I will ask him "Is this PD as popular as you? If he say yes, then I will say "No thanks"...hahaha ->a weekend joke.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cos my gynae very chop chop kind with lots of patients....

Bye everyone..have a good weekend...

cynthia, no.. i didnt rec anything letter from Mt A.. my nurse say they sometime wont give de..

bye everyone.. finally can go home.. enjoy ur weekends..

hi gals,

went for my appt today. BB not growing vy well. Now wk 34 only 1.798kg. Told doc abt the hardening and tightening, he put me on CTG oso. Result is got contractions and the interval is 6 min. No gd...going to c him again on Mon to do CTG again, if no nice graph, nd me to hospitalised. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi joelle,

did doc tell u why like that?

I mean what's the reason for bb not growing too well? Have u been eating properly?

How much was your weight gain and how much was bb's weight gain from last checkup?

Back