(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

lim, i everyday also no mood to work... come work, wait for off work. Monday wait for Friday. Friday wish Monday nvr comes.. Hahaha.. Nvr ending cycle.

Miracle_tiga, i just went for my oscar test today. I'm 13 weeks already.

There will be a NT scan to measure the thickness behind the baby's neck. Normal measurement is around 2mm-3.5mm depending on which month you do the scan. Too thick a measurement would carry a higher risk of down syndrome. You will be able to get the report straight away but you will have to see your gynae to interpret the result.

This will be followed by a blood test. The blood test result will be send to your gynae a few days later and the gynae will interpret both results during your next visit.

The scanning and blood test took a total of 20-30 mins but the waiting time was terrible at NUH.

I have to wait for 1hr 10 mins after my allocated appointment time before it was my turn.

Quite Bad.....

elise, hahaha.. i so think the same.. wish Monday nv come..

Cactus, i going to NT scan tomolo. so on mc.. phew..so i just need to stuggle for today..

ms is really bad these few days. can't stand can't sit. lie down too much headache. whole body like can't function. before hb left for work, commented that i have a good life. so offended. I seem to be having a good life, no need to work, whole day just sit around and do nothing. in actual fact, i wish i can be more productive than just idle, feel like going to explode inside. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] wish it will go away soon.

jon, i know how u feel. rested at home for couple of days also, felt like crap. just vegetate whole day.. dun feel like doing anything.. so many things i would like to do, like packing the house, tidying up certain areas thats starting to pile up.. but just cant bring myself to do it..

on a lighter note, i'm so glad my doc said i dont need to take anymore pills (duphaston and all).. just finish whatever i have left.. really having a major psychological barrier to taking pills! just thinking about it makes me gag! i've puked so many times just cuz of the medication.. yukes! never had to take pills continuously for so long before..

jonjosh, pls hang in there.. usually guys are more insensitive.. They do not really know how we feel... just endure a few more weeks and it shld be over!

cactus, i sat airasia to BKK once.. and i swear i nvr take it again.. It was terrible.. landing was almost like head down.. I bot a 2 way tickets but came back i paid for a one way ticket on SQ. I refuse to sit Air asia back.

my gynae told me taking the hormone pills actually makes you feel more nauseous. so i didn't continue my pills are finished and that time, my spotting stopped also. but for a few days after i stopped the pills, still got some brown discharge. scared me coz i spent 2 days in hospital before that due to slight bleeding. luckily everything ok after that.

cactus, i think abt the same with tigerairway bah.. more towards budget style loh.. I go to KL afew times.. usually by coach. u shld go berjaya time square. the shopping are big.. and chinatown is like pasam malam loh.. remember to bagain at chinatown. and beware of pick pocket.

cactus, i nv go to the Jin Alor before.. the food at street mmmmm if u not scare dirty then u can consume loh.. but better not lah since pregnant liao.. try to eat those at shopping centre..

nah.. I'm planning itinerary for the family. 2 itinerary cos 2 groups travelling. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jon01josh03, me too...after i was discharged from hospital (due to dehydration), my husband say i good life, can slack at home, that he wished he was the pregnant one instead so no need to work. His remarks upset me alot...even thou now my MS is better, i cannot forget what he said. I just tell myself, this is the last time i'm doing this.

u knw the chinatown there got i very famous stall cooking fried noodles(black colour)? alot of 名星go there before.. but very dirty.. if u dont mind u can try.. i got ta bao before cos dont dare to eat at there.. very nice.. but have to wait very long..

I like Jln Alor personally. Its a bit dirty but brings out the flavour mah.. I like the 猪肉粉 (pronounced in cantonese) esp.. its bee hoon soup with all the piggy stuff (not like Singapore 猪杂汤 though) and the lime with sour plum juice there. Yummy

Just across Jln Alor, there's this 我来也 chicken bak kwa..yummy as well. I always buy a few packs back to SIN.

Thanks for the recommendation. I dont think I will be eating by the street stalls now, although I'm sure they are the yummiest!!! I suspect I will be getting food court food for the entire 4 days there! How boring!

1727, thanks for the recommendations! Will let my family know!

1727, yes me like the 猪肉粉 as well! Behind Jln Alor, there is a coffeeshop that sells this and very yummy.. But only sold in the morning...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the KL trip will go smoothly.. cos first time taking Air Asia.. and first time bringing #1 on airplane...

Cactus, maybe you can try the Jln Imbi Bak kut teh. Its pretty near the city centre as well. They serve those claypot herbal bak kut teh. Very nice. Its a restaurant. More hygenic. Can't remb the name though but its pretty prominent.

1727, Is this Jln Imbi within walking distance from Suria KLCC?

Elise, 1727: is it possbile to walk from Suria KLCC to the Bt Bintang Stretch? We're staying at The Ascott..

cactus, u heard about how to bring baby on plane, especially on take off? My gf always feed her baby milk on take off and landing so that they do not get ear blocks.

cactus

airasia is better than tigerairway cos they issue a plane seat. For tiger airway u need to queue at the departing lounge for a good seat....

Does anyone know about the LRT in KL? I saw on forum online that Ascott is very near LRT.. but I'm not familiar with the LRT route. Is there LRT station at Bt Bintang? I'm not keen to take taxi - jam, and time wasted. walking is not ideal also but would have to go for it if no LRT.

Elise, yup, let the baby swollow water or eat food. It sohuldn't be a problem with my son cos he likes to drink water alot.. and being in the aircraft, he will be more thirsty than normal. He's 14 mths already. can drink water.. no need milk. milk quite messy.. cos he drinks from cup now.

when is a good time to go travelling during 2nd trimester? is it better at the beginning or end of 2nd trimester? when is it safer?

noscon, anytime in 2nd trimester is okay. most airlines will not taken beyond 32 weeks anyway. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I'm travelling at the end of my 1st trimester.. haha! naughty me!

Tree,

I am staying with my mil, she kind of cook meals and do most of the hsework and also taking care of my 16 yrs old sil. My job is to take care of my boy, cook his porriage, clean my own room, help in some hsework. Now is better because at least he can keep himself entertain with the TV and toys. phew..

With #2, it means that I will need more for MIL help, no intention to have a maid yet bcos I stayed in 5 rooms flat, already crowded with inlaws and sil. #1 is sleeping with me, with #2, 4 of us will be squeezing the same room. I dun have intention to kick #1 out of my room to MIL, find it very unfair for him.

Maybe I will send #1 to 1/2 day playgroup next year, at most relieve me of like 3 -4 hrs, I still wonder if it is worth it.

capricape

Think the measurement for nuchal fold is smaller? Or maybe becos I am 12 weeks pregnant. So it is best below 2.5mm. My bb was like 1.7-1.9mm.

RE: Single or Double Bed

After 1 experience (described before previously), I definitely going for 1 bedded. I checked the rates online.. for 3D2N, i need to pay $500 more at MT E. Hb wouldnt stay with me becos he need to take care of #1.

The room size for MT E is the same for 2 bedded and 1 beded. But for better rest, I think I would spend the money. lol

cactus, there is a stop at Bt Bintang. There is also a stop at Berjaya times square.

BTW Mummies can sign up for hospital visit before deciding on which hospital they want to deliver. (AM i right). The hospital tour is useful, at least u know where to go, what to expect on the day of delivery.

noscon,

I think start of 2nd tri travel is better. I am traveling to HK in Nov. Because closer to 3rd tri, tummy is heavier, some people will get swollen legs, aching back..then cant enjoy the tour.

I had my #1 in Tokyo, when hb works there. I come back ard 30 weeks. We still try to tour, but I really keep rest every 1-2 hrs, I can get car sick even in the MRT, I get giddy becos their train is very stuffy (mostly at 25 degree). They had too much slope and stairs.. no lift.. and now I start to appreciate sg faciltiies. EXCEPT the singaporean's manners (BIG SIGH!)

Cactus, i wouldn't suggest you to walk. Not that near and the roads are bumpy unlike Singapore. From KLCC to bintang is around 20 min to walk. Imbi definitely can't walk. Take a cab. Its so much cheaper. But best to avoid peak hour as the jam is horrible.

cactus

yes i have. a few times but only to Bangkok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i have also taken tigerairway once.

im hoping to travel to some place where they sell cheaper baby or maternity stuff.... is KL, HK or BKK better?

icy

haha wait long long before they give up seats for pregnant ladies in spore... :p

are there cheaper baby/maternity things in HK? can let us know after your trip?

noscon,

It is really sad that tho' living standard had increase for sg, sg'rean attitude went downhill, I was staying few mths in Bangkok then few mths Taipei then Tokyo all due to hb work. All the people there are better just by comparing their MRT culture. haaha

No problem, can let u know. Heard from my friend that stanley market is cheap for kid stuff. But then I am going there the wrong time, it would be mostly autumn clothes.

Nowadays, I mostly buy from old navy and gap sale, spree with friends.. actually cheaper. But then again, if my #2 is a boy.. I will save a lot, didi is going to take over everything from gor gor. lol

Afternoon Mommies...

I have decided to try ordering tingkat food, i can barely get myself to cook! poor husband and daughter has to eat out all the time... sigh

Anyone has a good Tingkat delivery suggestion? we live around Tanjong Pagar - nearer the deliver better to avoid too cold dinners i think.

all suggestions are most welcome, am running out of ideas to eat out.

I think the nuchal measurement is smaller. At about 12 weeks for my 1st pregnancy. my measurement at 1.5mm was normal.average. not sure if things have changed since.

Carol, my experience with tingkat suppliers is we will still have to heat up the food before eating.. so don't worry about needing to choose a caterer near your place. You can sample a week's menu from most caterers. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cactus, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i normally do preheat.. but the further deliver means the food arrives pretty early in the evening.

we have had a few experienced with Tingkat Delivery but maybe my choice wasn't that accurate and i say.. sometimes dinners were a torture to sit thru.

My #1 confinement, we didn't hire any help hence asked to deliver confinement food from New Baby. that was the most horrible week of dinner for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] - maybe i wasn't used to the food.

This time we have planned early and confirmed a pui yee nanny which will cook for the Family! am happy!

Thanks, Elise!

Icy, if you plan to send your #1 to childcare for 3/4 hours, you may want to consider sending a couple of months before your #2 arrives. some kids are sensitive and may feel that mummy doesn't want them so send them away when a new baby arrives. also, you may need time for your #1 to adjust to a new environment without a familiar caregiver.. some mummies find that they need to change centres a few times before finding a suitable one.

1727, thanks for your advice!

noscon, if you go HK, you can check out Shenzhen. There is a part of Dong Men shopping district, just selling clothes. baby, maternity, everything. very cheap.

carol,

For buffet, I know neogarden is good. They also have tingkat service, but not too sure how good is the tingkat.

Carol, sample a week. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] can't go wrong there ! my parents catered food when I was schooling and without a maid.. so it's been a LONG time! Can't give you any recommendations on this.

Can you see the sex of the baby via NT Scan?

The sonographer did not mention anything to me about the sex of the baby le..

So dissapointing.....

cactus

That is what I worry about. Being a SAHM, he is super sticky, I bring him to playgroup 2x a week now (parent accompany), he will stay close to me even when they sing songs and do some action dance. Else he will pause and start looking around for me.

He is super shy, refuse to speak in front of teacher and cover his face or hide behind my legs when he see strangers. Then at home, he is a terror. Now he start to throw tantrums for little things like unable to cover the milk bottle or when I switch channels while he is watching his cartoon. The terrible Two seemed to be coming pretty soon.

Capricape, you need to ask the sonographer specifically.. they won't say one.. cos it is not 100% accurate at this stage. but if you ask them to guess to gender, they are more likely to tell. don't ask them, "do you know what is the gender ah?" or "can you see the gender ah?" cos it's too blur and vague at this stage. but they may be able to see.. if they can see, then we should ask them "are you able to guess the gender?". if we ask them like that, they are more keen to tell, cos they know that we understand it is not 100% accurate at this stage.

the sonographer who did the scan for my #1 dropped us a hint that it was a boy.. without saying directly that it is a boy. She said, "Did you see that? Daddy will be pleased!"

Back