(2009) Twins/ Triplets/ Multiples mummies to be

BBQ
She has been here since Oct09,so about 9mths. When i start working, i will have another set of problems which is cant tear myself away from my bbs and bbs being closer to my maid..though my mum is around to help take care too.

Yes, my cake is 3D. How abt you? Wat you intend to get for bbs bd?

that was one of my fears too. So when we are off work, we will look after the babies ourselves. We also don't let them sleep with the maid. Tiring but I would rather be tired than them being closer to her. I want a 3d cake but 3d cakes usuallt don't taste as nice. So nw still searching. Someone quoted me $350 for the cake.

BBQ
Got to find a bakery that sells delicious 3D cakes lor... Yah, i think it's around that price usually.but thnk of it this way, you are celebrating for 2 mah, so worth it lor..anyway, i din get to celebrate my first month, so i want to do what i can do celebrate their significant first year, considering they have come this far..It's a celebration for me as well, thinking about how far they have come.. some how, a bit teary lor.thinking abt how they so tiny in icu till now...so active and darting across the room in their walker... Parents of healthy full term bbs wun understand.. everyday kenna poke my bbs little legs in icu for jaundice, tubes in throat or thru nose...those were the days....

hi mummies,

looooooooooong time no see, this thread has moved so much since my last visit! hope everyone is doing great :'D

aiyoh poko, your maid's temper is like my maid's leh.. my maid also doesn't apologise de. but my case is more special cos she bullies my mum when i'm at work. when i'm at home on weekends or when on leave (such as TODAY!! woohoo!), she's a really good girl.. there was a big hooha last month at my house cos my mum scolded maid and maid shouted back at her and then when i came home i asked her if she still wanted to work here she said "No.". some ding dong with the maid agent later i realized that it wasn't worth it to change to another maid cos i don't wanna tahan another stranger in my house for ANOTHER two years.. so i "counselled" my maid and convinced her to stay. anyway her main problem is she doesn't understand what we're saying so i told her to ask whenever instructions are not clear and so far everything's still ok.. hope it stays this way though *cross fingers*

hmmm.. as for worries that babies will grow close to maid, i dun think we need to worry so much, babies know who to look for, it's an instinct. there was a period where i had to work late on weekdays and do OT on saturdays, my babies didn't really grow close to maid also.. they still cry whenever they see me (cry for attention, not crying because my face looks scary) sometimes they will even squirm out of hubby/mil/maid's arms whenever i walk past. i'm totally loving their attention, by the way.. Hee hee!

seems like many mummies put their babies in walkers :D i guess it prevents babies from falling down. mine are usually "caged" within a perimeter of sofas, playpen, and coffeetable. they sometimes escape via a small gap between one sofa and the playpen and from the way they laugh it's like escaping from the confined area is the best thing that has happened to them!

ok someone is babbling in his sarong already.. tata!

p/s: i love the rainy weather today.. it's so cooling that my boys slept for like 2 hours+ already!

chameleon
i use the traditional cloth type, only use the disposable diaper when the babies sleep or when we go out. so far so good
happy.gif

chameleon
yup v busy at work, trying to finish everything so that can rush off at 6 everyday to go home n play with the babies. u havent been posting much either?

i don't have my period too.. v convenient, i like it too, except i'm afraid when it comes it will be alot.
are u still expressing? my supply is dwindling..down to v dismal amt..but i still wanna soldier on lol, any suggestions besides the conventional fenugreek n power pumping?

i think in our case, maids are a necessary evil, really bo pian for those of us that are working, cos we have twins..

Haha ! when i read thru the post on the maid. i think that is all of us feel and worried the most. Horrible maid and get struck with them for 2 years.

I keep telling my hubby and myself after 2 years, i dun want maids anymore. i hope it stay that way.

All,

I will be moving out, thus have alot of babies item to lelong, please see if there are any item u all need

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/4251792.html?1279524557

Going to move in my MIL... Really not looking forward to it.
sad.gif

See jay ,

Greeaatt to hear from u ! Our maids same breed la . Today she also make me pek Chek. U know my bbs tomorro got appt wif nutrionist , so I've been recording their food intake for a while . They were abit off appetite recently , so hav been consuming lesser .

I happen to ask maid earlier how much bb girl ate . She said finish . But half bowl . I said huh ? Why give half bowl ? She said girl no appetite so she made her own decision to scoop for her half a bowl . I said since when ? She said whenever she can sense the bb she is feeding is unable to finish , she will do tat .

This means also she is consuming way less than I knew ..and all my recording of their food intake is wrong . @@!

I tink mine getting more gay kiang ....

Ok, enuf of maids . U , bbq (?), 76 shd all be prep for bb birthday next mth hor ??? The planning is quite fun ( for me ) , so do enjoy the days leading up to it . Very soon, yr bbs will be up n walking ( like mine ) n getting lots of mischief .

My gal likes to pull boy hair . Both never cut hair since birth so their hair rather long . Then boy cries after getting "bullied". Boy snatch girl 's toy n girl cry ...

Imaketrain , I stopped breastfeefing when bbs turned one lat mth . My menses came . Hmmm ... Macham like return for a revenge !!! N quite sore man ! I didn't wan to stop really , but my milk dwindling n dwindling . Maybe as mths went by , I got lazier , from 6 pumps , to 5 , to just 1 in June !!! Sob sob ... Lazy me...

poko
so its true!! when its comes back will be flash flood.. sian..jus enjoying the times dun need to worry abt period. supply really dwindles right? i still thot maybe i was stressed or sthg, but then jus over a few days suddenly become less n less argh. i'm down to 3-4 times a day,with occasional latch on at night if b1 wakes up for milk.. how ah..any tips..i wanna carry on till 1 yr like that also..

Imaketrain , I latched on n also pump from the time they were born . Beginning my supply still quite ok , though challenged . Then , time made me lazier , I skipped a pump to do this n tat . I feel the dwindling was a natural progression for me, as I myself slackened . Milk was still there though....

Then when bb gal was 8/9 mth , she bit mr really hard wif her 4 teeth !!! Ouch I screamed !! She bit again ... I screamed again ( middle of nite ) n from then on , she prob was so frightened that she refused my breast totally .

Then supply dwindled more , as no more latch ..

Then down and down n down it went ... My last pump I managed only a 50 ml .

I did swear by fenugreek though . I used to take the max - 9 pills a day . It worked for me , in a sense , my milk was still there all the while .

Imaketrain , I also missed menses free days . When I was without it the last few mths , one of my friend came to my place . She asked me she needed a pad urgently as unexpected early .. I find high n low , realized I dun have any pads ! Only panty liners !

Not like now , hmmm must stock up again ! And also must "becareful" cos systems up n running again !!!!!!!! :mad:

Hi Mummies,

I am also preparing for my gals birthday next month.. so stress..

think maybe stress causes me having menses twice this month.. super xianz.. dragging over 1 week per time..

Daphne , ya lor ... For nearly 2 years (9 mth preg n 1 yr no menses), system shut down , no production or rather nothing was able to be "manufactured". Now I scared it is going to make up for lost time !!!! Wakakska!!!!

Poko
Haha systems up n running man.. My supply is cos I went back to work then no time to pump. Fenugreek makes my perspiration smell like maple syrup leh.. Tts why didn't take after a while.. Have u tried the mother's milk tea before?

Imaketrain , I hav to admit , fenugreek makes u smell strange . I smelt weild myself . I didnt sweat much , n if I did , my prespiration had a hebal smell too .

I have never taken mothers milk tea . Cos i can't imagine drinking a cup of that , n I dun think it taste anything like milk tea from HK , or even teh terak, so I never dared try , haha...

But really milk production is how much we work for it to be . So if slacken , milk lessens too ...
Unless frequent pumping , but then again , u may not hav time for tat rite ?

poko you have very good memory. yes, celebrating with seejay and 76!

Seejay, long time no see, kept wondering where you have been.

By the way, when will bb start walking? I have a couple of friends whose babies start walking before 1 yr old. Kind of fast right?

BBQ , I tink bbs start to walk between 11-16 mths on average . What I mean is really "walk " not cruising . My bbs are still cruising at 13 mth , I think they scared let go . When we hold their hands , they like worry they fall ...
happy.gif

I too , hav many friends bbs who can walk before a yr old. But it's ok la , I want to enjoy their babyish movements of crawling n cruising before they start to walk (fast ), run n shout and no no no at terrible 2's!!!

Btw , r yr bbs cruising ? At my bbs 1 yr checkup , they "tested" their milestones such as crusing /walking n talking or blabbering something cognitive .

BBQ , I tink bbs start to walk between 11-16 mths on average . What I mean is really "walk " not cruising . My bbs are still cruising at 13 mth , I think they scared let go . When we hold their hands , they like worry they fall ...
happy.gif

I too , hav many friends bbs who can walk before a yr old. But it's ok la , I want to enjoy their babyish movements of crawling n cruising before they start to walk (fast ), run n shout and no no no at terrible 2's!!!

Btw , r yr bbs cruising ? At my bbs 1 yr checkup , they "tested" their milestones such as crusing /walking n talking or blabbering something cognitive .

Aiyah me and my big mouth .... my period came today!!!! Argghhhh!!! I really liked not having my period for the past 15 months!

imakeitrain -- In the early stages I tried fenugeek and milk tea and both didnt work for me. Even went to get precription for pills (cant remember name) to help increase supply but that didnt work either! I just hit my 6 mth target... now wondering if i should press on (no pun intended) till they are 8/9 mths.....

Seejay -- You so funny. Your face scary meh?? hahahaha

Poko -- It is my boy that likes to pull his sister's hair and snatch her toys! I hope they wont fight and argue alot when they grow older!

morning ladies,
my period also came soon after I stopped bfing. The first month was like a floodgate opened for the first time! Subsequently, the flow was quite little.
happy.gif
Infact, I'm pleased with it as compared to before pregnant. No more horrible cramps, no need to wear tampons and pad, no worries at night that it will overflow, and it last only 3 days instead of 6!

My new maid is here. Much older and has experience. Just crossing my fingers that she's better than the previous one.

morning everyone

poko, bbq
cruising refers to when kids use support to kinda shuffle along is it?

chameleon
is it doperidone or sthg.. my doc offered that to me when i was gg back to work..
btw yr babies were born which month?

Sophia
Ur maid sounds good...expereince adn older..hope everything is fine.
All
I want to complain abt my SIL again.. Last sat we went to IL hse as usual for dinner. Then, that 3rd SIL & family came..my elder sil asked how come nephew nose got water.. 3rd SIL says oh he got flu...when i heard that, my antenna went up...so i quickly packed my boys and my maid into one of the bedrooms and turn on the aircon to avoid the nephew...LO & BEHOLD!!!!! HE CAME IN!!! and before i could say "You go out," he gave a big HACHOOOOO! in the aircon room...as i type this, i am typing v vigorously coz i vvvvv angry!guess wat the SIL n hubby was doing?they are reading newspaper relakly..and now, my boys are sick with flu!!!! damn it leh.. i am going to complaain to my IL later...so lack of social responsibility. I mean mummies know not to send kids to schools/nursery when kids down with infectious illness, let alone relatives...shldnt she be more socially responsible???????? At least, you know you got flu, you dun go mah...if you wana go, tell me, i avoid lah...see bei ai wan leh....I tell hubby i am going to sms SIL, BIL and make a big fuss..he says he will sms her to let her know....if he doesnt do it, i will use his hp and msg...PISS!

ladies,
i been having menses since i give birth.. as i dun have sufficient milk for my twinnies... Tried milktea, funegreek and some medication from doctor still no milk...
so far, my menses is good compared to before pregnancy with 2-3mths no menses, bloatedness, mood swing.. now my menses come regular and no more mood swing and much more better...
can also monitor the ovulation period, previously no ovulation...

imakeitrain -- Yah i think that was what the doctor prescribed. My babies' EDD was 21 Jan but I chose to do c-sect on 29 Dec because I wanted '09 babies hahaha.

Juliana -- You're monitoring ovulation?? Trying for #3???

76 -- Yah sometimes when I bring my babies to gatherings I'm also afraid that others might not be socially responsible and bring along their sick kids. But my husband is the more relak relak type. He says falling sick is unavoidable and it helps build up immunity. I suppose there is teeny tiny grain of truth, but very kang kor when they are sick so I'd rather them not fall ill!!!

chameleon,
when i ovulate means menses is coming so i can reframe from making love.. heheeee...
no.3 babies maybe will try in 2years time, still have 11 grade A frozen embryos in KKH...
:p

Chameleon
My hubby also relak type..anything also never mind..then make convenient excuse or reason to say build up immunty...yah, v funni... he goes out to work whole day..who is taking care of bbs... maybe he and I shld switch role, i will repeat the phrase "build up immunity" many times to him and see he pek chek or not...

Btw, my hubby msg his sister to hint that his son's flu damn potent, cause my boys to have flu..she apologized then added "pardon me for saying, but mum's house aircon is also too strong for your boys"...wtf@%^%^%&^#@...if my IL place aircon too strong for my boys, then they would have kenna flu long ago..no need to wait till now...thats it man..i am going to control the frequencies of trips made to IL house...

Exciting.. I think i will be living a life of star, appearing at MY MIL personal tabloid everyday. She will be my personal PA system. And i have 4 SILs. Got headache everytime i think of this.

All,
Can we bring milk powder to Australia? Heard they are strict on the food we bring in. Please advise.

Exciting.. I think i will be living a life of star, appearing at MY MIL personal tabloid everyday. She will be my personal PA system. And i have 4 SILs. Got headache everytime i think of this.

All,
Can we bring milk powder to Australia? Heard they are strict on the food we bring in. Please advise.

The only consolation is their weight. During doc consultation, took the chance to measure their weight. Ah bui is pushing towards the 10kg mark..Now is 9.7kg and small bui is 8.5kg at 11mth old...i was hoping they can reach 10kg by 1 yr old..but i doubt small bui can cheong in 1 mth...

Hi there ,

Imaketrain , cruising yes , means walking "Galek galek ", holding on something . Hee
happy.gif

juliana , whoa ! 11 eggs quality A sounds fantastic ! So means u have potentially 11 more bbs to call u mummy !!! Very sayang to throw away the rest hor !!! Haha ! Grade A
must be the best quality rite ? Well done !

Ximi , if I remember correctly , Australia is v strict on diary products . I tink ( pls chk again ) u have to check in the brand new tins of formula , but can carry on milk containers for their consumption n arrival in yr hand carry luggage .
If u hav jar food , etc ... Write that into the quarantine form that they will issue u onboard . Upon arrival , go to "goods to declare" counter , and they may check yr items . Remember to pack bb food altogether in 1 bag, n not here abit , there abit ...else the quarantine officer will open all the bags . But strictly no cheese / yougurt n fresh dairy produce allowed into Aussie . Instant noodles ( not Korean ones as tat one got dried veg in it ) r ok too . Jus for yr info ...

Jus went to nutritionist today for my bbs . My bbs on porridge strike again . Sigh ..... Their pd says maybe can beef them up by the nutritionist advice .

Quite surprised wif what the senior nutritionist says , but may try her advice.

1.She says that they shd be exposed to table food aft 1 yrs old . Meaning, lunch can eat porridge , dinner shd begin to
expose them to the dinner table food .
2. They can start to take meals wif salt , pepper n oil . It's below one yrs that is a no no .
3. They can eat raisins , peanut butter , cornflakes , cheerios , honey stars aft 1 yrs old.
4. Nutritionist highly recommend that bbs aft 1yr do not consume so much melt in the mouth biscuits but rather expose them to cereals like honey stars , or plain Marie biscuits .
5. Yougurt shd be given daily to build strong bones.
6. If bb goes on milk strike , add 2 or so tablespoons of milo into it . As nutrition point of view , Milo has nutrients n vitamins in it , so it's perfectly ok .
And many more .......
Bbs coming to one can take note of these ...
happy.gif

Hi there ,

Imaketrain , cruising yes , means walking "Galek galek ", holding on something . Hee
happy.gif

juliana , whoa ! 11 eggs quality A sounds fantastic ! So means u have potentially 11 more bbs to call u mummy !!! Very sayang to throw away the rest hor !!! Haha ! Grade A
must be the best quality rite ? Well done !

Ximi , if I remember correctly , Australia is v strict on diary products . I tink ( pls chk again ) u have to check in the brand new tins of formula , but can carry on milk containers for their consumption n arrival in yr hand carry luggage .
If u hav jar food , etc ... Write that into the quarantine form that they will issue u onboard . Upon arrival , go to "goods to declare" counter , and they may check yr items . Remember to pack bb food altogether in 1 bag, n not here abit , there abit ...else the quarantine officer will open all the bags . But strictly no cheese / yougurt n fresh dairy produce allowed into Aussie . Instant noodles ( not Korean ones as tat one got dried veg in it ) r ok too . Jus for yr info ...

Jus went to nutritionist today for my bbs . My bbs on porridge strike again . Sigh ..... Their pd says maybe can beef them up by the nutritionist advice .

Quite surprised wif what the senior nutritionist says , but may try her advice.

1.She says that they shd be exposed to table food aft 1 yrs old . Meaning, lunch can eat porridge , dinner shd begin to
expose them to the dinner table food .
2. They can start to take meals wif salt , pepper n oil . It's below one yrs that is a no no .
3. They can eat raisins , peanut butter , cornflakes , cheerios , honey stars aft 1 yrs old.
4. Nutritionist highly recommend that bbs aft 1yr do not consume so much melt in the mouth biscuits but rather expose them to cereals like honey stars , or plain Marie biscuits .
5. Yougurt shd be given daily to build strong bones.
6. If bb goes on milk strike , add 2 or so tablespoons of milo into it . As nutrition point of view , Milo has nutrients n vitamins in it , so it's perfectly ok .
And many more .......
Bbs coming to one can take note of these ...
happy.gif

I'm also immuned to the fact that my twins will get sick since they go to ifc. Initially quite worried, but after so long and especially after they also kenna hfmd, now not so jing zang liao.

juliana,
you still have so many eggs! Good for you. I confirm dun want liao and also didnt want to keep the remainding in kkh.

poko,
your pd advice very informative. thanks for sharing.

My new maid so far is alright. She packed the pantry yesterday until I also cannot find things. But, since she knows where things are, I guess cannot complain. At least this one will ask questions when dun know. Not like the previous one, everything yes mom, but all wrong.
This one also experience in cooking, so no need to spend time teaching her simple cooking.

In-Laws
New saga brewing in my inlaws place...... my mil wants to go on another holiday.She just came back from china two weeks ago. Now she wants to go Australia for a wopping 55 days!!!

mummies,
will stop at no. 3. planning to stop producing before reaches 35 years old.

Sophia,
is ur mil ok, wow really enjoying her life.. So are u still going for HK trip without ur kids, which u planned earlier?

juliana,
mil is too much, but who am I to say her... She dun want to take care of them but want to enjoy instead. So, ok lor.However, the result is the twins are not close to her at all. My girl will cry when she carry her.

Yes, I'm still going ahead with the HK trip. All booked liao. Cant wait. Really need the retail therapy...... of course the good food and just couple time!

juliana,
mil is too much, but who am I to say her... She dun want to take care of them but want to enjoy instead. So, ok lor.However, the result is the twins are not close to her at all. My girl will cry when she carry her.

Yes, I'm still going ahead with the HK trip. All booked liao. Cant wait. Really need the retail therapy...... of course the good food and just couple time!

Sophia
U going during the Sept hols? So nice hor..your twins will still go ifc as per normal right? then at night, who take care of them? How many days you going?

nope, going during the national day break. Will play cheat and take child care leave on 6th and go off till 9th. IFC will also close for the hols so they will be at my mom's with the maid.

Ladies
My stupiak SIL finally msg me and asked how my boys are.. I told her they having fever adn flu now..she said so sorrry, her boy only cold no fever when he came so, din know that cold can spread...I 'blasted' her lor..i told her anything to do with nasal is contagious coz got water and air particles floating around...what the shit lah...she really sounds so uneducated.I told her also that i got 3 assignmetns due and mum and I cant sleep at night coz the boys are cranky...She apologized again...My hubby finally agreed to boycott my IL's house for this week...to show our anger. just that his parents will miss the bbs..I say too bad..who ask their daughter so idiotic?

Hi

can I check if there is a minimum amt of milk that baby must drink?

My 2 mth old twins r down with cough. N it's affecting their appetir. They only managing abt 500 ml a day n this includes spit up cox they tend to throw up sone milk if they cough too much.

This adds to their reflux prob... Am soo worried. Dun know if I should bring them to pd . They have meds to take n my friends say have to jus let the cough run it's corse. If c doc they prob jus give more med. But now wat worries me is their milk intake. I don't even know f it's due to the cough or that they generally have v poor appetites.

Please advice, going a little crazy worrying ... Sigh

My boy is having very soft stools and pooing too many times a day. IFC teachers say it could be due to teething.
They suggested taking soy milk. We got Frisco but not sure how to mix with the normal milk. I dont want him to get too confused with the difference in taste.
Any advice? Is this loose stools really due to teething?

Sophia, when my twins started having diarrhea some mommy friends also told me it might be due to teething but after consulting the pd, the likely cause was said to be a virus. After 1 week of diarrhea, i was advised to switch to soy formula immediately. It took them abt 2-3 days to get use to the soy milk and I waited till their diarrhea cleared before switching them back slowly to their regular formula.

MomMe - Perhaps the cough is affecting their appetite and it will go back to normal once they feel better?

Also, maybe some babies have smaller appetities than others. Like my twins. My girl drinks an avg of 80 - 140ml per feed and my boy 100 - 140ml, with a total intake of btw 600 - 700ml. When they are on their milk strikes which comes and goes in phases, they drink even less. So sometimes their total intake is ard 500+ml only.

I used to get very stressed out seeing how little they drink and how much more other babies their age are drinking. But my mom and even my pd keep reassuring me that the babies are ok and doing well. So long as they are active and all, there should be no worry of malnutrition. Also, babies will never starve themselves.

Chameleon

thanks. Trying hard to not worry but it's so frustratbg coz even to mAke her drink 50 ml is tough. I wonder if I change to formula will be better. Maybe she dun like taste of bm
Now with both twins havnf cough it's getting a little crazy... So sad to see them coughing ESP during feeds when it irritates ther throats.

Agree with chameleon that bbs are smart creatures...They will wake up and make noise if they are hungry.
Sophia
I have also heard that loose stools is due to teething. But to play safe, you better consult PD to rule out other causes. Btw, I have not been giving them porrdge since they had fever and flu.Only cereal and milk. Mum says porrdge is 'heaty'..not that sense of heaty as in 'juark'but mum says when fever, better dun take porridge coz the porridge is 'boiled' over heat and will 'make more heat' within the body. Anyway, ever since i stop my porrdge, my boys' poo become soft again like last time... no longer the ji gong armpit type of poo drops...what an observation!

Back