(2009) Twins/ Triplets/ Multiples mummies to be

Poko
Yes agree with chameleon
Mainlaind chinese always think fat = fu qi. (prosperous). In fact, when my ah bui was in his 90%ile in 8mth check up, my PD asked me to watch his diet...so, in the western and health sense, it is not good..lucky now he is in the 75%ile coz he moves a lot now esp in his walker..He darts across the house now...so, expends lots of energy. You shld just listen to the last sentence 'but anyway, they are twins mah, sure smaller' and listen to the rest of comments as blah blah blah...(class 95FM advertisement)...btw, i think you shld seriously ask your china neighbour to give you S$100 in exchange for RMB$100. I am keen to know the answer.

Chameleon, 76, tq .... Your posts do make me feel better !!!!
Oh yes ... China babes all rotound one hor... My neighbour is one rich china family . They control the pilzer ( blue pill??) n cancer drugs in china . So their medical knowledge quite goof one , jus a bit Kia su ... Everything mus compare . She will compare her older boy ( same age as my older boy ) performance in Sch ...compare her bb can stand now at 6 nth , etc etc ...... I really shouldn't let all these bother me .

But jus out of curiosity , 76 ( yr bb closer to my bb age ), how much porridge does wen & bro eat ???

Chameleon , my pd is specializing in prem bbs only . He always say they r ok , no prob . I see them playing , they r happy too , looks contented though nw into lots of mischief .

Poko
My bbs nw going 11 mths, (Corrected age is 9mths), they are eating 3/4 adult bowl of porridge..simple food like pumpkin, tomato only.. not like yours so healthy de... Ngoh he tried, but they dun like the smell.. chicken only tried in cereal. tried others like yogurt, beef, brocolli, parsnip,potato, sweet potato, carrot...

Oh yah, maybe when your china neighbour compares again, tell her your bbs genes not the same as her bbs' coz you dun share the same hubby...maybe that will shut her up.

Poko
dun be upset. i think u are doing a great job of feeding yr kids.. if its any consolation, i'm always looking at yr previous posts for advice and suggestions on how and what to prepare for my boys!
my cousin is putting up at my place for the time being and she is a SAHM with a bb boy 1 week older than my boys (RA), and her baby is HUGE, so she always say mine are 'tiny tots'.
i feel very strongly that i dun need my kids to be big, i jus want them to be healthy. fat does not equal healthy lor..IMHO, baby fat is for others to pinch cheeks n say "wah so cute".
my nephew who is a fullterm boy, he is 11 mths, only 8kg, he has a v small appetite. that time his mom tried to feed him more he ended up puking everything out..so poorthing u know..

i totally second wat 76 said..u can be SAHM, that is something so many of us wld like to do but cant afford to..

poko,
remember our babies are special babies.. i don't give a damn what plp say abt my twins.. when i bring them out, sure plp with say my girl very small size and only long, so skinny like long bean lah.. i dun give a damn. Now i have a positive thots, my PD always say "You are very lucky to have twins and they are special kids"

As long as we know our babies are growing well, we should be happy..

Btw mummies, i get to know from PD that try not to give purely sweet potatoes to your babies, babies will have wind, cause it cooling stuff.. It happens to me with I gave my babies sweet potatoes, they have wind and vomit.

juliana
Yah, potato, cabbage etc will cause wind even in adults... dun give too much...I usually fart after eating cabbage. hahahhaaa..

Imaketrain , yo !!! Long time no see u posting !!! Hav u been busy ???

I am def def def consoled that U mentioned u do look at my post for some advice
happy.gif
whoa !!! I am v v flattered ! Can I charge u for further consultation ??? Wakaka haha ...

Yes , now I'm totally convinced my bbs though small , r healthy n happy ! So I am really less worried . I tink my neighbour first thing in the morning , frighten me by saying all these , making me hav 2 nd tots on how I care for them .

So , from now , I'll continue what I've been doing for the past 12 mths !

I became a sahm really , was to prep my elder boy for pri 1 ( in 2009). I am a very typical Kia su mother. So in august 2008 , I quit my job to prep him n hold n behold , la la la .... The next mth I fell pregnant ( after a few pregnancies that didn't hold , n years of trying )!!! Some more wif twins .
happy.gif

From then , till now , though I am v pleased to be a sahm , I am unsure if I'm utilizing my time in the rite way for the twins n older boy . There r sometimes so much I wan to do , but dub accomplish to , due to procastinations n jus sheer tiredness .

But I am no skilled worker , per say .... Not worth I give all my salary to the infant care, n nothing to me . Thus we come to a conclusion that it's better we try to make do wif what we have , n I stay home . My inlaws r working , n my parents over 70 plus ... So neither of them can take care .

I do hope to join bk the work force some where when they r much bigger .

Some times , as a sahm , I do get paranoid if I'm doing the best for them at all , espec for my pri 2 boy.

Juliana , tq for yr encoragements
happy.gif

I do feel better already
happy.gif

oh yes , I forgot to Inc another salmon recipe for u yest.

1. Cut or tear the salmon into small edible sizes
2. Add in a bit of orange juice (maybe 10 ml) for taste
3. Add shredded cheddar cheese on top of salmon , 30 gm of unsalted butter
4. Put into oven for 15 mins
5. Add in baby pasta stars , or rice or porridge if u wan and
serve.

I usually from the oven part , put into a jar n keep it for lunch or dinner , depending when I wan to do it .

This is an ang mo style dish , not do much of the Chinese style
happy.gif

Poko
Is the salmon recipe a reward for us who encouraged you? hahahaha..

Can i ask mummies how you all clear blocked nose for bbs.. My younger boy been having block nose for 3 days..and keeps waking up at night..Worse is hubby at work on night shift and I got to wake up to pat him...duh...wat timing!

hey poko, I've seen your kids and they are FINE! I am wishing that mine would be like yours, healthy and happy when they are one. Frankly, I dun want my kids to be too big as it may lead to other health problems later when they grow up.(esp when they dont shed the baby fat)

Bravo Juliana. I agree that we should not give a hoot about what others say about our special kids.

i bought the pigeon nose pump with hose kind.. then u suck it... or u can buy normal pump..
if blocked nose, last time my pd gave like clear block nose medication, like nose drop. U can get it at guardian pharmacy. My boy took it before half an hour no block nose, then mucus came out so just suck it out

Juliana
thanks..I dun think i have the courage to do the 'sucking' leh...moreover, my boy will surely scream and struggle like anything...i can see the pi sai in the nostril when i bend myself to see below his nose..My boy thinks i am playing with him...-_-

76, can use nose drop called illadin . That is whether yr boy allows u to put the drip part at his nose . My bb resists, but we still force the medication into the nose .

Otherwise , get bucks vapo rub if he is chesty ? Not sure if sin still sells it , but bp has it .

A friend of mine uses vaporizer whenever child has a cold/cough.

76, can use nose drop called illadin . That is whether yr boy allows u to put the drip part at his nose . My bb resists, but we still force the medication into the nose .

Otherwise , get bucks vapo rub if he is chesty ? Not sure if sin still sells it , but bp has it .

A friend of mine uses vaporizer whenever child has a cold/cough.

Poko
Thanks, I only put iladin in my boys nose when they sleep. Then when they move, i will squat and dun let them see me in case they wake. Then, i will wait for the opportune moment to drip the 2nd nose...and i dart again..wahahhaha, machiam like behaving like a thief.

76, u apply medicine v secretively hor ... Next time, u use a mask over yr face . I have Mickey , iron man , bat man n even a scary monster (from Halloween ) for u to use if u wan . Then they wun know it's u , so wun associate medicine wif mummy !!! Nice idea rite ?

hahah Poko..yah, everytime i behave sheepishly..I do things when they sleep..e.g cut fingernails and toenails for my boys. Only my ah bui allow me to cut when he is awake..younger one will fidget, so i got resort to this. And apply cream medicine also must do on the sly. I like Minnie mouse you have? Coz they are da bor...so will be more attracted to minnie.

poko
i've been busy working, expressing milk, rushing home at 6 so that i can play with the boys a little before bedtime.. if not so sad!! no quality time at all..see u jus gave me new inspiration.. im gonna intro salmon to their porridge this weekend! and imma gonna buy ikanbilis powder too..cos ive been using this japanese ikan bilis to cook their porridge, then i jus let it cook with the porridge, only before mashing it up then i take out the ikan bilis ONE BY ONE. help. i feel so stupid now lor. heng the ikan bilis is quite big.

i use the pigeon thing too.. and this nasal seasaltwater spray i got from doc..but both cannot use anymore now that they are older cos they will struggle. i cut their nails when asleep too! so much easier lah.

what do you guys think of feeding babies fish oil at this age? advisable or not? i came across this post selling baby fish oil..am wondering if should give my boys.
any opinions?

imakeitrain
I think such supplement shld be given after 1 yr old though the advert may say otherwsie. for me, i will consult my PD before giving my premmies any ho liao.

Btw, correct me if i am wrong. i heard that ikan bilis is best not to be given to bbs coz of high salt content. I just bought a box of nestle stage 3 cereal with ikan bilis leh... dunno shld let them eat or what....

Normally I will use the Nasal Sea water first to clear the Pi Sai. After that I will drop illadin at her nose when she is sleeping. This will dry up the Pi sai and then sprang again for the nasal sea water to clear. Repeat a few times. I have been doing this non stop for the past 1 week.

My Ger was on Centirizine for her nose for almost 1-2 weeks. When it was very serious, the PD prescribe Fedac (Drowsy) which I feed only once at night if her nose get very bad. I also used Zenmolin which help to open her airway when it get serious. After 1 week, I stop all medicines, just maintain with centirize and illadin. And she is much clear up now.
happy.gif

I started my Boy on Baby fish oil and Vitamin too when he is ard 7 month. As my ger have serious sinus problem dun want my boy to get it. And at the moment, he dun have sinus problem as bad as his sister.

All,
What food should I recommended which will reduce constipation? I have tried Spinach porridge, Papaya, pear, known for high fiber. But My ger have very serious constipation and we have to go KK last Sunday to let the Doc to manually evacuation for her
sad.gif
. She can go without poo for 3 days and on the 4th day, it will be a nightmare.

ximi
I can understand your girl's constipation problem. My ah bui had this problme at 6mths.. Went to PD to get it drawn out..but with the PD's finger. PD just poke into boy's ass and blarrrkkkkk, all out..and my boy's eyes suddenly big big and then 2s silence and shock, followed by loud wails.. My PD said that no shit means the bb is absorbing all the nutrients..but of coz i was a bit hesitant lah, coz my boy quite uncomfortable mah, every day so cranky...anyway, its also true to a certain extent that he gained weight the most during that period..hahaha... Sorry, as to your qn, drink lots of water. coz my doc ever told me, that eating fibre only adds to the bulk..without the water, it cant get flushed out. Imagine a pipe..you keep adding the waste till it becomes a ball of waste..but if you dun have water to flush it out, it will stll be a choke somewhere there lah...hope my description dun disgust you further... Maybe yogurt can help? Coz when i was preggy, vitagen and yogurt helped in my constipation problem..

My kids went for their 6in1 jab on Sat. My poor Alexis broke out in rashes. THis is their 3rd time. The previous two times no reaction, but my girl kena this round. I wonder why?

Dear all
Just went to bring my son see doc for blocked nose. Was given iliadin, my fav medcine. Coz that time at hospital he was given same medcine and it worked. I asked why keep on and off like that, doc say due to teething.Then i probed why teething cause block nose. apparently, the nerve runs along the cavity to the nose, so some will get runny, others get dry nose.I din really link the 2 together...something new to me.I will be like a thief later again to drop nose drops into his nose when he sleeps. Last night was terriblle with him waking every hour due to blk nose..the doctor even joked that we can watch world cup together...DUH

lucky boy. At least the doc poke once, the PD basically have to dig it out a few times.
sad.gif

the nurse even said manual evacuation in process. My ger cry until no voice. I have been trying all type of drinks on her now. just to get her drink.

ximi
good to get her to drink..My boys also..dun like to drink water..then this is what i do...i bluff them..Step 1: feed them pumpkin porrdge (or any flavour), then once about to finish, left a bit of watery porrdge grains , i add in more water to dilute it..and feed them..they would still think its pumpkin porrdge and continue to chomp chomp chomp...thn after abt 40ml, they realise its water, too late..haahah

76 -- I was just wondering why my twins are having runny nose again and why their immunity seems so low even tho I'm still giving them bm. So now I know it could be due to teething. I also have iliadin at home for blocked nose and my pd also prescribed Zrytec which he says is better for runny nose.

Hi mummies
Can i ask whats the right age/development for wearing pull up pants? when being potty trained? Or when? Been thinking if i shld start my bbs on it.

Hi 76,
I started my gals on pull up pants when they know how to crawl..but only we are out of the house coz it is easier for them to wear..
at home, we are trying our best to get them to stay still for a min or so to let them wear the open diapers..

76, i think u can start on pull ups anytime they r mobile. I am not sure if every brand has pull ups , but it is def a bit more exp than a normal diaper .

As much as my little tots crawl , flip n squirm away from diaper changing , I will still try my best to be on diapers as much as I can , till later (perhaps when they know how to pull up n down their pants in a few mths time ). U know , now sometimes they naughty naughty , even pull out the diaper sticker part n their diaper gets loopsided or drop !

Thanks Daphne and Poko
Yes yes, when i wear diaper, they flip front adn then back..when i wear their shorts up, they pull out the sticker flap..never ending activity leh... piangz...

Hi mummies
Anyone of you make potato purees for bbs? How do you make? After I steamed, the potatoes very dry.. Do you just add in water?

Potatoes Purees
===============
boil the potatoes and when its soft, the pound it till it's soft.. I will add unsalted butter (opt) mixed with their everyday milk...

it will become like mash potatoes...

mummies,
my babies are having milk strike again...

so now i'm giving them 3 times meals instead of 2 times scared they are hungry..

I have tried making the salmon mixed with spinach and brown rice porridge.

next i want to do cod fish...

Wah i feel like my twins are missing out on so much re: solid food cos I had to stop their weaning cos of their diarrhea. Gonna start from scratch again this weekend with rice cereal.

76 -- Where online do u buy your Huggies ah? I found one seller on the forum but when I calculated the M size is going for 19+ cents and not 18 cents leh. Your boys using M or L size for Huggies? The cutting is smaller than other brands right?

chameleon
I PM-ed you 2 contacts and their prices..you take a look and compare re: location to collect..my boys are using M and L each.

Juliana , were u happi wif yr salmon porridge turnout ?? My babes likes salmon ( wif orange juice ) carrots , potatoes and cheddar cheese .

76, I do my potato purée as a sat dinner treat . This is how I do it .

1. Steam potatoes , carrots , pumpkin , brocolli and fish / chicken.
2. Aft steaming , remove the skins of the veg n potato , put in abt 30gm of unsalted butter, 20/30 gm of milk, put in a bit of
chicken stock then grind all tog .
3. Comes out as mash potatoes !
4. I usually warm it up before serving on the microwave , n throw in cheddar cheese .

Hope u can try this !

Poko
I really peifu you..can make such a simple dish so delicious...even if your bbs weight dun show up in numbers never mind, whats more impt is they very xing fu to enjoy the eating process...machiam like gourmet for bb leh...

76, it really is not that diff . Steam all together ma , then grind . I need to brainstorm more ideas for dishes for them , as my boy tend to get "je lak " ( tired ) of the fish porridge everyday . .

Oh mummies.. there are two threads for twins/triplets/multiples mum-to-be. I just came across this thread & my twins are already 3.5mths!! Trying to learn from you mummies the ropes for handling twins!!

Hi poko1

Mine both boys, identical!!

Urs? How old are they?

Mummies,, do we start them on cereal at 6MOS? Any recommendations?

Can share about sleeping arrangements as well? My twins currently share a baby cot but they are growing so gotto think of other ways.

Addy
Welcome welcome... Mine also boys identical..but one is fat adn the other is skinny...nickname big bui and small bui. They are 10mths old, born 32 weeks so corrected age is 8mths +...My boys started at 5mths CA for solids (cereals only).. As for sleeping, they sleep in different room and different cot. Small bui sleeps in our room, adn big bui sleeps with my mum. Most of the time, big bui sleeps with my mum on her bed...they are pretty close..so i try to catch up wth bonding with big bui when he wakes... hehehehe...i am ok lah, as long as they are not close to maid...

76 -- Got your email. Thanks!!

Addy -- Welcome! My twins are 6 mths plus, 1 boy 1 girl. They have been sleeping in our room in their own seperate cots since Day 1.

I stated my twins on cereal at 5.5 mths (no corrected age because they were almost full term babies born just 2 days shy of 37 weeks) tho they had to stop till now because they were dow with some viral thingy. Will start them again this weekend. Am feeding them Happy Bellies organice brown rice cereal.

Eh 76 ur boys so cute!! Big pui & small pui! We call my boys ah dua & ah suay. I delivered 1 day to 38 weeks :p Morning my mum & maid take care, at nite me on nite shift, weekends my PILs on duty so we catch up on our winks or go walk walk with my 5YO gal.

Chameleon, wah shiok, one boy one girl, one time can close shop. Where can I buy the Happy Bellies organic Brown rice huh?

Can I check with u mummies.. I put on ard 30kgs during preg, now oredi lost almost 90% but my tummy still looked 3-4MOS preg wor.. Still one hard round big belly.. Wondering how long it takes for the tummy to 'shrink'. I heard it's between 4-6MOS.

Addy , yo !!!! My babies machiam the senior ones at 13 mth old . They were born 32/33 weeks so their corrected age is prob like 11 mth plus ? ( sorry .... I dun often use corrected/ actual age as dr never told me any this , so i dunno how to calculate correc . I normally put them as whatever mth they r in ). So the following i put and in my future post ( n previous ) r all their present age.

My babies slept tog in the same cot ( my cot quite big , can convert to those chair / single bed thingy on years to come .
They slept tog till 4 mths when my gal started to move more n turn backwards . They were quite comfortable sleeping tog frm time we brought them back from hospital till then .

We then transf the boy to the mattress on the floor , leaving girl on her cot , n till now it still works this way .

However , recently , my girl seemed to hav migrated to my bed as she wakes up alert for dunno wat reason at the time we wan to sleep . So we place her next to us , so she wun cry n wake get bro up .

Now that their voices r bigger n stronger with age , they tend to wake each other up wif their cries.

Cereals
We started them on it at 6 half mths or so. We gave them healthy times . They still do take this now for breakkie , but alternating with bread , yougurt , fruit , oatmeal or nestle
cereals.

poko,
thanks for receipes... i love the turn out of the salmon porridge..

they loves the salmon + spinach porridge so much..
I find that when every my girl eats she will poo...
my babies sleep seperate my boy sleeps with me and girl sleep in her cot with my maid, but it will go alternate days, like monday sleep with my boy then tuesday with my girl and it will goes on till they grow 2 years old..

Addy
Ur family support so good ah...weekend ur PIL help out..Sigh, my PIL 'helpless' themselves lah...have been complaining abt them in previous post, you will get to hear more when i get more drama coming up over weekends when i am there. Ur PIL know their eating/sleeping habits and how to make them sleep etc even when they take care once weekly? Very good leh... Mine will tell me, everything i dunno...
Can i also ask if you are going to work already? Or SAHM? Wondering why your mum and maid taking care of your bbs at 3.5mths? You went back to work already? Sorry, just curious, or rather kaypoh lah...

poko
i was gonna try salmon for my boys but my J1 seems to have an adverse reaction to fish.. he suddenly had this patch of rash on his thigh..n pd said to stop fish for now..

anyone gives babies soy milk? i started my younger boy on soy milk cos he seems fussy n colicky on normal FM.. but just now i googled seems like so much conflicting views abt soy milk for infants :S

Hi Addy..my boys are identical too! they are almost 8 mths now (RA), 6 mths (CA). my boys used to share one cot too..now both sleep on mattress in my room ..cos i don't really wanna separate them, so no choice must squeeze abit.
i think Healthy Times brown rice cereal is not bad too.. that one can find at cold storage.

Back