(2009) TTC-ing for baby girls!! Come on in!

My sis-in-law is trying to get a girl now since her 2nd bb is abt 2 yrs old but she dun want a 3rd boy....any methods that proved to work? pls share. tks.
happy.gif

I'm trying for a girl too. Not now tho coz my 2nd boy only turning 4 mths. Would also love to hear frm mummies who tried special methods to conceive a girl.

Some of my colleagues swear by the ovulation thingy. But kinda difficult for me coz I have irregular periods.

Hi i watch discovery home & health and it was mention that thru research female sperms have longer lifespan than male sperms.. hence trying to conceive a few days before ovulation starts might help..

<font color="0000ff">Mi too!!! My boy is only coming to 3 mths.. but in laws are pressing me for a gal. They have placed all their hopes on us</font>

i hav a 3.5YO boy &amp; another one due in dec'08 ALSO A BOY!! a lot of ppl asking me to try for a gal but who can gurantee wor!!

btw, i do notice something fr most of my frens... not sure if co-inccident or wat? i realise that most of them got one boy &amp; one gal if their (kids) age gap is closer (most of them abt 2yrs apart)...

same here, wanted a gal for 2nd pregnancy, but turn out boy again, sigh......... too old to conceive again
sad.gif

haha.. dun think will close shop after my gal..
maybe will try for number 3 but definitely not so soon..

Joyce,
i think as long as is your own kid, doesn't matter if its boy or gal lah.. i didnt expect to have my number 2 so soon actually.. its an 'accident' so maybe that's y its a gal.. hb n i did not have s** during the fertile period.. oni b4 and after..

You can actually see a gynae if you want to conceive a boy a girl. The gynae will check your past menstral cycle (about 1 year's cycle) and advise accordingly.

My gynae told me the chance is up to 80% if your cycles are very stable.

mashy,
what is blanket bombing?

ladies,
for those with a boy and a gal, are they close? I mean when they grow older, maybe yes, but during the younger days, they play different things and are rather differnet to manage, so do you think they can really be good companions?

peace

means u BD everyday from before O till after O so that the sperms will be 'diluted' to leave the stronger female sperms.

Hi,
i am sorry to intrude here.
I would like to sell the

Clearblue Digital Pregnany Test - Twin Pack
1931701.jpg

Selling at $18 (including normal postage)

Product description is here
Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test can be used up to 4 days before your period is due. If you test before your period is due and get a ‘Not Pregnant’ result, there is still a chance that you may be ‘Pregnant’ but that your hormone level is still not high enough for the test to detect. See the chart below for results from clinical testing of Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with early pregnancy samples. If testing from the day your period is due, you can test any time of the day. If testing early, use the first urine of the day.

Interested buyers please PM me.

Hi Mummies,

Happen to c this thread.

I have 3 kids, 2 gals &amp; 1 boy. actually plan to have 2 kids, first is gal so want a boy but come out is a gal (gap of 5 yrs) haha... third kid is not plan de, accident kena de but finally can close my shop, i had a boy...

Powergal

I dun think the chart is accruate leh. Base on the chart I shld have a gal but I having a boi leh.

Mummies
If you have special methods to conceive gal must remember to share with me hor

i oso planning for a gal.. i oso heard BD every other day and few days b4 O will get gal.. duno hw true..

my 1st is a boy 6mths old nw.. hoping to have a gal for #2 den can close shop!

I am trying for a girl this time too, and also will close factory if i get girl. In fact next one boy will also close shop, not easy to bring up and not cheap ha..

just go 2 the internet n search for ovulation calender, it monitor ur period, can conceive either boy or gal, bt muz monitor ur own period 4 6mth 4 m0re accurate ovulation calculation.

i had a boy last yr; this yr might try for gal in mid/ later part of 2009. my period not back yet coz BF. very hard to calculate ovulation. how ah?

hi mummies,
great to find this thread. I have a boy in 2007, would like try for a gal later on. If my period cycle is 30 days, when is my O day? Thks.

hihi,
wanna join this thread too. my DS born in march 2008. wanna try for a girl. till BF-ing, but exclusively express only. AF has return but seem like not very regular. my normal cycle is 29-30days.

hmm.. my in-law oso sometime tell my son, indirectly hint me. ask mommy to give birth to a mei mei. piangz* i was thinking, wan mei mei got mei mei meh...

Evelyn,
u may wanna try babyhope.com
i used babyhope.com to calulate the "O" and it include the chances of conceiving girl or boy if u BD in which day.

sasa,
wave wave. still remember me? from the TCC thread.;)
congrat! on ur bb boy. so fast trying already?

hi mummies,
remember that there are several factors to conceiving a gal.
One of them is diet. Hubby should eat more akaline food, e.g. vegetables, milk, fruits, etc.
Wife should eat more acidic food, e.g. meat, seafood...

snowyin,
diet abit hard to follow lei.. cos man don't eat meat think will have not strength and hungry easy. :p

hkbb,
BD = baby dance. u oso trying for gal?

Hi snowyin,

Ya loh i also agree with RedTea, man don't eat meat will have no energy de. What more my hubby don't like vegetables and milk. How to try for a gal? Is there a truth that girls eat more vegetables will help?

Candice,
got diff symptom for carrying bb gal one meh? wat i knw is if u carrying a gal, u will look more radiant and pretty, while having boy will look ugly.

seem like not much ppl is following this thread.

Candice,
my sis and some friend oso comment on my nose when i'm preggie with boy too.
i'll be trying the BD on b4 "O" day method, hope this method works for me. cos for my first, i BD on O day. so i got my DS.

RedTea,
looks like only really u and me on this thread.Sorry wat is BD ah? I cannot calculate "O" cos my menses irregular de

can anyone help me, i trying for a girl to but due to irregular cycle and maybe age is old (less eggs now). i failed. I have try for 2 mth, do anyone of u have any good recommdation that will sure strike one

Hi, popped in out of curiousity.... I've 3 gals already... dun mind 1 more... hahaha...

Well, I'm not sure abt the diet thingy, I take very little meat or seafood &amp; my HB dun take much veg &amp; milk either, but we have 3 gals le...

As for following some chart, calculating ovaluation, etc... I can't follow cos irrgular cycle... then chart does not reflect accurately for mine... so dun find it reliable..

I love gals &amp; just pray for them... hahaha... well, God has been graceful &amp; we have been blessed richly...

Karcheng: I'm not sure how old you are... but I've been thru a stage when I simply couldn't conceive... if you feel that age is catching up, I'd suggest just go ahead &amp; c a gynae... anyway, when you get preg, also need to c one... just take it as receeing for a good gynae... *wink*

EmQ,
so good. u r blessed with 3 gals. i wish i'm for my 2nd one. hee..

Candice,
for irregular cycle, maybe u can try ovulation strip test. but these strips doesn't work for me. :p

for me, i'm trying for yr end bb. so if din strike within march. sigh~ can get preggie with gal can liao la. haha...

yoz mummies,
re: diet
the article I read is juz recommending to eat more of certain types of food, and diet is juz 1 of the possible factors to increase the chances.

2nd factor I read before is the timing of BD, like wat the other mummies have said:
For bb gals, try to BD before or after ovulation.
For bb boys, try to BD during ovulation.
Can't remember the reason offhand.

Back