(2009) TTC a boy. Any advice

karin, no way you can send the tips via email? I don have access to a fax
sad.gif

actually it is very true that the nearer you are to ur ovulation when you do the deed, the higher the chance of a bb boi..

Male sperms travel faster than female sperms..
Female sperms stay longer in the womb than male sperms.

so for a boi, track ur ovulation... do it when u see the +ve on the ovulation strips.

for a ger, if ur menses is regular, u will b able to estimate when is ur next menses. minus 2 weeks n that is ur ovulation.. do it 2-3days b4 ur menses..

I find this is the most scientific explaination which my little boi has proven my case too..

Good luck gals~

Hi Xiaowanzi, thanks for sharing..btw, u sound so familiar..did u used to go to s'pore brides' too n got married recently (last yr or a yr before)?
happy.gif

Hi BB,

yes...i used to go to Singapore brides.. haha.. nov 07 brides.. actually nt tat recent ler bah..

have been trying for a baby since last yr mar.. only manage to conceive in nov 08..

hi Xiao_wanzi

bingo! yr trying period was still considered ok lah
happy.gif

congrats! so yr due mth is ard Jul / Aug?

how hv u been thru'out e term so far? hope it's ok for u..

i am lucky.. didnt have nauseaous for the 1st tri.. i tink i hide my tummy so well that everyone says i dun look preggy.. haha.. but the tummy did grew bigger, just tat i am shy to show..

due in Aug, today marks baby's 24th week...

hoho...well-hidden, huh Xiao_Wanzi
happy.gif

so k feel e baby's movements? getting change in emotions or not?

yup, felt the bb's movements shortly when i enter 5th mth.. certain emotion demands, would always wan my hubby to be ard.. dislike my in-laws tokin to me abt the baby.. haha..

wow..e initial feel must be wonderfully superb!! of course wanna share w HB..

oh, what happened? purely due to emotion change?? :p

Dont tink it is purely emotional change bah..

my in-laws will say things like dun nd to eat those tonic stuffs.. she oso duno what to eat.. ask mi what i nd to eat tell her then she will try to cook, but she will add something like i oso duno how to cook..

abit pissed off when u hear such comments.. she has 3 kids and she tell mi she duno this n duno that... so i started to avoid toking to them.. only my hubby will update them on the bb's growth..

guess my hubby's new job plays a part too.. his new job quite demanding for OT, and i dun wan to face my in-laws at home... so i will shut myself in the room until he is back..

xiao_wanzi,

i understand..so far has yet to hear any comments (esp fm e elderly) that dun need to take tonic loh..kind of strange..

aiya, juz ignore n take whatever u like so long as diet is well-balanced n as nutritionous as possible (overly-nutritiousness is also NG) :>

i think usu it's e HB who updates his family on e bb's progress..keke..

oic, u stay w in-laws..i'm sure u hv lotsa entertainment yrself
happy.gif

haha.. i almost hav a complete 1 room flat still lacking of a door to lead to the corridor n a toilet that's all...

i got a mini fridge, tv, dvd player, cable tv, lappie in the room.. still lack of toilet, otherwise i dont even hav to go out to see the in-laws.. haha.. when i taupau home, i eat inside the room oso.. haha..

tsk tsk.. sometimes i wonder y am i such a loner, but i wasnt like that in the past.. i was the most talkative n lame person among my family n friends..

for mummies who wanna try for a baby boy, mayb u can try this mthd, one of those old wives' stuff my mummy taught me...
(it seems to work for me though...)
but it'll only work if u consume this within the 49 days of conception.

get a rooster (my mum said can see from the crown...) and stuff the 'jin zhen' (the type pple used to cook chup chye) into it and boil it. then, try to consume as much as u can...

but i stayed away from 'jin zhen' for nearly a yr after tt, it was so 'jer-lat'... ;p

just to share, i followed the ovulation timing method (i.e. bd on day of ovulation) and got a boy. Didn't really use a ovu kit or things like that. Just monitor your own menstrual calendar and cervical mucus. Once it's egg white quality (looks like raw egg white and stretchable between your fingers), you know you are ready.

Good luck to all prospective mummies!

I duno if this is silly... but still post la.. cos I want a girl...

like to know your style used that's why your previous ones were girls....
happy.gif

can share? hee

Hi, any idea on how to increase the chance of getting pregnant....i wanted to relax ....but age is catching up on me...i'm 35 this year....help....i'm confused...ovulation is 14 days before menses or 14 days after memses?

What a interesting topic!!!

I've 1 girl & 1 boy!!! Hehe...
Recently i just started an oline business...
Come to take a look at my humble website qqland.multiply.com

Thanks for sharing taptap , it's indeed a good summary of the things we need to know ..living in singapore..

Hi ladies, I am selling my brand new, unopened box of Pre-Seed.

- Brand New Unopened Box
- Fertility-friendly lubricant
- Uniquely Developed to not harm sperm
- Ideal for ladies who are trying to conceive
- Clinically tested, doctor recommended
- 6 pre-filled applicators in a box
- Patented formula os extra gentle and non-irritating
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- Made in the USA

Please email me at [email protected] and quote me your best price, if you are keen.

Thanks!

Hi all, I have a box of Pre-Seed to let go. The 6 pre-filled applicators are individually packed. I have used one tube to conceive, and would like to let go of the remaining 5 unopened tubes.

I find it a waste to throw them away.

Box and instructions are still in good condition.

Exp date : Aug 2010.

Please email me at [email protected] if you are keen.

Hi,
I not sure if I post at the correct section.
The elders said that if your child does not crawl(using their buttock to move ard). It means that your next child will be a girl. Is it true?? I can't tell cos currently only one girl.

Jiaxuan,
It's not true for me. My elder girl didn't crawl at all. My younger child is a boy. I used the method (forgot the name) which is a hypothesis by a doctor. He says that boy sperms die faster and swim faster, so if you want a boy, do not try when u test positive for ovulation (for clearblue kits) because u will only ovulate 24 to 48 hrs later once u tested positive (assuming u have been testing days before). Try abt 1 to 2 days after having tested positive.

In addtion, i also used the calender which predicts gender (note that age and month must be read in chinese methods, e.g our chinese age is a year older, and we must read only lunar months).

Of course, I also used preseed. There are some sites that says a acidic womb environment can conceive girls. preseed helps to give a ph balance womb environment.

Oh, i was very hardworking in using basal thermometer to take daily temperature to predict my ovulation, and this complemented the use of ovulation sticks, in the sense that i will less likely start using the clearblue sticks too early. There are only 5 sticks in each box and it is expensive haha.

Hope the above helps.
Cheers!

Hi all,

Found this topic absolutely interesting!I have a 2yrs old gal now trying for a boy then close shop!Sigh....just started couple of months back now waiting for next mth to c if kena jackpot!
I tried 1day b4 Oday!LOL...

Why try for boy?

Got girl also not bad. Thought only older generation will have this thinking, wish have a grandson to take over the "surname".

Gender don't matters.

Back