(2009) TTC a boy. Any advice

bena

Hi, I am trying to conceive a boy. Any one have any suggestions/advice on what may increase the chance of conceiving a boy?

thanks zolldoll. I did search, but i am confused cos i downloaded 2 calendars and both gave different answers for some months.

Also, do you have any idea if the calendar uses the lunar age and lunar months?

Bena, I'm trying for a girl. the calendar was accurate for me - my first was a boy. the calender uses lunar age and lu nar month.

cactus, how do u calculate lunar age and lunar month? I only know that our lunar age is 1 year older than the english year...what about the month?

If it shows Oct, that means it's Nov english month?

Bena, it's not so straight forward to calculate lunar age. let me try to explain.

you need to know your chinese birthdate. then look for your chinese birthdate in the year you plan to conceive. that's how you work out the age.

So, if your chinese birthdate is say lunar 1st month, 1st day, and you conceived today. If your english age is 28, you would be 29 now because you added 1 year as your chinese birthdate had passed. This year's lunar 1st month, 1st day was 26 Jan 2009.

As for the lunar month, you can refer to any chinese/english calender. Today is lunar 1st month, 16th day.

Hope this is clear!

you're welcome! Good luck!!

BTW, I conceived my boy on ovulation day or after. I can't be sure. Hope this helps.

cactus, how u calculate ur O day? using kits?
my mense used to be very regular/accurate till after i had my girl. Since i stop BFing, my mense becomes irregular, between 28 - 34 days. There was a month when it comes when it's only 24 days
sad.gif

Bena, I got pregnant on the first cycle that we tried. We were on our honeymoon and we only tried once, then I realised I was pregnant. our honeymoon was midcycle, so I can only assume I conceived on or after ovulation. it can't be before ovulation cos we weren't married yet.

I'm still BFing my boy, but my menses returned for 2 cycles already. I just started trying this cycle for a baby. am hoping for a girl.
happy.gif

My boy is 7.5mths now. I was torn between trying now and trying later... cos I do want a girl, but don't want a tiger baby. yet, I was advised not to get pregnant within 1 year from the birth of my boy cos mine was emerg c-section and my incision is bigger than normal due to the urgency of the situation... but my hb and I already decided to try for a girl asap... so we didn't go back to the doctor for my post-partum consultation.. hehe... scared he will nag at me not be pregnant so soon.. and we started trying just...

oic. my girl is close to 2.5.
my mom and relatives/friends all urge me to try for another one...but it's always quality vs quantity...heheh

happy.gif
It'll be nice to give your girl a sibing isn't it? I'm an only child. My hb has 2 siblings. we hope for 2 kids. but if the 2nd one is a boy, we may try for a 3rd.
happy.gif

Cactus, yeah. that's what my friend told me too. she's an only child and it can get quite lonely at times. In fact, sometimes see my girl play alone very ke lian.

covewild...yah lor. my mense irregular these days...i chanced upon this site too...bookmarked it liao :p If i decide to have another one, i hope to have a boi...so i think i will need to rely on OPK + this website liao...heheh.

Any one of you tried OPK before? i dunno how it works leh. Normal pharmacy can get already?

bena,

me too, i wanted to have a boy for my 2nd as my 1st is a gal. Same as you i've irregular mens too. now, i pregnant with my 2nd and will be having a detail scanning next monday. I've check thru this website and found that my ttc period happened on the most fertile day and the best chance of conceiving a boy. Will see whether this is accurate when i visit my gynae next week...
happy.gif

covewild, good luck! keep me posted k!!
Hope your dreams come thru!
did you use OPK? u use the website before BD or upon strike then u check back the website?

bena, thanks. i didn't use OPK and came to know this website after i strike. During my last visit to my gynae, I was told that my baby maybe a boy but cannot confirm cause baby not cooperative..haha.. Will keep u inform once i know the gender..

Bena
To up the chances of a boy baby, the woman must have an orgasm everytime you try to conceive cos when the woman is satisfied
happy.gif
and have an orgasm, the environment (can't remember it's acidic or alkaline) favours the boy sperm so most of the girl sperm are wiped out, leaving mostly boy sperm to fertilize the egg. Hope this helps. I've 3 boys so this method really worked for me! I didn't want any girls and don't have any!

mummyo, did you have an O together with ur DH? or u O first then ur DH start the BD (then start to enter)?

Bena

I am expecting a boy nw. My 1st child is a gal. When i am try to conceive, i got myself prepared. I started on with my diet. I try to eat more foods that is alkaline. I tried eating alkaline foods for a mth. I also test my urine too. If its alkaline, than i knw i am ready.

happy.gif

cynthia, how are the alkaline foods that you eat? How do u test ur urine? Do you use OPK? Or any special position you adopt? I heard/read that some BD positions favour boys
happy.gif
thanks in advance!

Went to website to check list of alkaline foods and ice cream is not in the list!! Haiz!!
Is it true that DH must eat more acidic foods?

Hi Bena,
Am also interested to know how to get a boy. My confinement lady did shared with me a concoction that supposed to guarantee boys...but then I dunno where my MIL kept the list. What I could remember was alot of chinese herbs & to drink it every morn. Mayb its better to juz eating alkaline foods.

rapple, wow, still got concoction ar...heheh. go ask ur MIL. u trying for #2 also?

JasC, wot choice baby? a website?

They will identify for you which is the day which is more favorable for you to conceive baby with gender of your choice. I think is 98% accuracy. can check out www.choicebaby.com It's not cheap but come with money back guarantee.

As a parent, most importantly, you want to have a baby and you won't mind even if the baby is not gender of your choice.

Bena
Mostly is O together but O as much as you can, it'll only help the boy sperm and put your legs up for 20-30min after your husband ejaculates in you. Helps the little boys to swim upstream faster. Good luck! Hope it works for you!

Bena...yup..ttc a boi for #2.
Oh..veges r alkaline foods. No wonder my MIL been cooking so much veges for me to eat at dinners...until I feel like i'm a cow. But all my fav foods are acidic. Sigh.

Hi Bena,

Went for my for detailed scan yesterday and has been confirmed by my gynae that I will be having a baby boy.

mummyo, wah! must O together ar...not everytime also can leh
sad.gif

rapple...same as me leh...i was telling my hubby no wonder we had a girl...cos i love cheese, milk, ice cream...all acidic food...hahah!

Cynthia, i don think i need the strips at the moment, cos not likely to TTC so soon...maybe 2nd half of the year...but thanks anyway! These strips can be purchase off the shelves at pharmacy?

Strawberri, i using drapolene for my girl since she was born...till now i am still using on her whenever we wash her butt butt...cheap and good!
happy.gif

Bena, I dont buy the strips off the shelves at pharmacy. I bought it from a company that sells PH strips.

I remember that i consume alot of avocado drinks that time. You can try it.

cynthia, wow...avocado drink? like smoothie those kind? Avocado very high in fat leh...did you put on weight? I am those kind that puts on weight easily :p

covewild!! Congrats!! So happy for you! and envy you too!!

Bena

Its like smoothie type of drink. Its very nice to drink. Avocado is high in vitamin. I never put on weight leh.

Give it a try 1st. Hehehe....all the best to you. Hear your good news soon.
happy.gif

hi humblebee, I BDed on or after my O day for a baby boy.

Bena, the chinese calendar worked for me. But it didn't work for both of my SILs's #1 pregnancy, and a friend's 1st pregnancy. It was accurate for 8 other pple that I checked.

hi Humblebee, i bd on my O day and as for alkaline food, i didnt really try that out. just eat as per normal. But i heard that breakfast very important if u want to have boy. There's a research done on this. woman who has breakfast has higher chance of having a boy. I've breakfast every day without fail.

Hi Bena,

Chinese calendar works for my first and 2nd one.

Hi ladies...

I'm TTC too... hoping for a boy too since my 1st is a gal... But I'm still BF-ing my gal & menses not back yet. =(

Hi lolli

My case is similar to yours!
I'm oso hoping for a boy too cos my 1st is a gal... I'm oso still BF-ing my gal & menses not back yet... my gal is coming to 16-mth soon... how big is your gal?

Hi 3bears,

my gal is 19-mths old... how how? have you weaned her off? Or starting to?

I'm at such a loss cos i dunno how to start weaning her off =(

Can you tell whether you are ovulating? Haiz I really dunno if I am and dunno what are my chances of conceiving if I dont wean her off

Back