(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

For V-day, my hubby is taking me to watch a play called "love letter" and we plan to have a bite at hard rock cafe because I m craving for buffalo wings! And we love their huge portion of healthy salad too
happy.gif

I can't wait to see gynae next sat. It will be 7th week for me and should able to hear bb heart beat
happy.gif

i like the ribbon idea too

Honestly speaking, i don't feel like doing anything much right now, let alone go out

I think it'll be nice to receive flowers, erm but i think that has stopped a long time ago liao

serene (moongirl80sg)

u should lie on the bed... sleep sleep sleep... rest rest rest. don move around unless going toilet. don sit down infront of the com.

u be fine if u can endure bout 1 wk not moving around.

my wife these few days lao sai, is it normal in early pregnancy? how will d bowel movement change during pregnancy?

hi gilbert, i tink you should just bring your wife to see a gynae lo.. let the gynae prescribe the correct medication for her..

Hi ladies!
I hv seen my gynae last nite n my edd is on 11 oct 09.
happy.gif

Hope to share more with u ladies!
happy.gif

Hi fellow MTBs!
I just took a pregancy test and it turn out positive. Will be visitng the gynae next Monday to confirm. Hope to join this thread once my pregnancy is confirmed! =)

Congratulations mums!

happie to join this group. i am already abt 4 weeks preg now (tested on 9 feb after menses was due for two days) and went to the gynae on 11 feb, due to some cramping. but he was unable to see anyting as it was still too early, and mentioned cramping could be due to the stretching. well, given me med to stablize the pregnancy and my next appt will be on 19 Feb (longest wait ever!)

meanwhile, would like to check if any of u have started applying stretchmark cream? i m wondering if vitamin E oil is just fine. i have floxia cream but have worries if i could use it so early..

Been having low level cramps since last evening. Earlier this evening noticed very faint spotting. Moi getting worried but trying my best to ignore..after reading Moongirl's and Carlyn's posts...seems quite normal.

Any other advice?

Happy V day ladies!

Hi xoxolight, jus keep a lookout.. If bleeding occurs, quickly call ur gynae.

Hmm...just called the doctor. She asked my HB to go down to the hospital to take medication.

She prescribed complete bed rest and Duphaston (did an internet search on that)...and was quite shocked that this particular hormone medication is banned in USA and the UK.

What should I do now? Do you guys think it is wise to get a second opinion??

worried sick

Hi xoxolight,

i have also some low level crampings.. is more similar to sudden light pinching? i visited gynae thereafter and he mentioned its due to stretching..and also prescribed me with duphaston.. i have been taking since 11feb.. he said its to stablize the preg and aids in ensuring the lining of the uterus is thick to assist in retaining/holding the embryo. i did experience faint brown spots ytd.. checked from www.babycenter.com and it could be the implantation of embryo at my uterus.

hmmm, since the med will only lasts u for 10days. why don u monitor ur body symptoms and if fresh red spots occur, u faster go to ur gynae? if not, maybe wait till med is finished then go for the visit? i m going to the gynae for scanning this thurs after completion of the med too..

as of now.. better to have adequate rest during the weekend! take good care ya!

Hi!

i have 1 brand new in box bottle of GNC's PreNatal Vits 120 tablets exp sep this yr.. i think its selling at $49 at GNC.. selling for $10..

i also have a brand new box of DHA capsules, Natal Care Plus... i got them from KKH pharmacy.. 30 caps exp mar 2011. Bought at $30+ selling at $18

Prices incl normal postage..

PM me if interested ya. Thanks!

Hi roxie,

I'd taken the first duphaston, after alot more reading, found that this medication was taken off the shelves for "commercial" reasons (ie, not viable commercially) rather than medical or contraindicative reasons...the low-level cramps is really like a tweak, pinch or tightness...so I suppose we are experiencing the same stuff
happy.gif

for now, it seems to have worked and the spotting has stopped. I'm trying to get myself as comfortable as possible just sitting or sleeping..so hard to do really...*pulls hair*

I agree with you. That's the same instructions given by doc. To call her only if the colour changes from brown-ish to dark or bright red...

rocking in the same boat,
xoxo

wow xoxo,

tats good to hear!

btw why arent u asleep at 2am plus? gosh. i am already yawning with tears by 10pm and after milk, i m totally knocked out, haha. however lately at abt 3am in the nite, i will feel hungry.. and wake up to have a cup of cereal and go back to dreamland.. hohoho..

you need plentiful of rest now.. i m also trying to be more careful when i get out n up off bed... yup.. agrees that its sth new that we all have to practice.. but its now relly our responsibility for this baby liao.. =) i m very excited abt my scan next thurs.. relly hoping to at least see the sac.

yup. rite now i hv no more brownish spots and only yellow ones..u take gd care ya!!

Oh man, I think I have my first official case of ms, after all the gagging. Was feeling very hungry, so I had carrot, corn and meat soup, but while reading the posts, just felt like throwing up, and the carrots just came out. Yikes!
Think the duphaston finally taking effect on nausea.

On a more positive note, more people are joining this thread!

Hi roxie, do you buy any special cream for stretch marks? I have them, but not from pregnancy. Can't get rid of them. I read somewhere that this is genetic. So go and ask your mum whether she has stretch marks.

I think my shorts are getting tighter. I see waist band marks on my tummy. The worse thing is I just spent a bomb buying lots of clothes in December, including clothes that I wear at home. Now, I think I need to get new clothes soon.

hi roxie,

sleep to me is quite scattered. i use to sleep like a log! more than 8 hours in a stretch and deep ones...but recently, it would be fantastic to be able to rest 4 hrs at a go.

i usually wake and sleep in spurts now. started to experience MS this afternoon...not very enjoyable. i'm also due for a checkup on thurs...plenty to ask the doc! hope all goes well for you too.

p.s. understand that yellow spotting could be due to the prenatal vitamins. which ones are you taking now?

hi mummies,
I'm selling a Belly Belt combo kit. It's an extension which is really helpful if you can no longer fit to your existing pants/skirts but too early to buy those big size maternity bottoms.

http://www.fertilemind.com.au/product.asp?product=372932&category=373049

I'm selling exactly like the above. it includes 2 bellybelt button-up, 2 bellybelt slide, 3 coloured panels.

It's in very very good condition. Wear only two times for the black panel and never wear the rest of colors because I stayed at home most of the time. Bought in Motherhood shop at $32. I'm selling at $25. meet-up in orchard area. Please email me at [email protected] for enquiries.

Thanks!

I have been super super tired lately.. I cant imagine myself to be already in dreamland by 8/9pm on weekdays.. Gosh!!! And its all the way till the next morning.. and i still feel very sleeply, lethargic and restless! Think the little 1 is playing a trick on me.. cos on weekends, I woke up real early like 6/7am.. then, tossing ard in bed.. dunno wat to do.. Haa..

Hi Mrs Neo,

Same dilemmas
happy.gif
I won't know what to do if there is no internet! Guess it's our honeymoon period...you get to give in to all your urges - food and sleep..so on hindsight, should "enjoy" this.

Had bad MS again...luckily my breakfast is given a chance now..just had an extreme craving for fried bee hoon (since 4am...only got it fulfilled at 7am!).

Very topsy turvy...

hey morning girls,

seems like MS is here for most of us. i tot i was gonna be able to escape MS this time round but no such luck.

hope everyone is hanging in there
happy.gif

morning all MTBs..

i guess i have been lucky so far.. *touchwood* coz MS has not set in yet, have a few cases of the gagging feeling, but nothing really comes out.. so guess im lucky in that sense..

haven been sleeping well too, i get tired very easily, but after i fall asleep, i dream a lot, and have to wake up in the middle of the night to pee.. and weekend mornings i will wake up at 7 plus feeling hungry, but too tired to move, so i will laze in the bed until i fall asleep again..

morning everyone,
since 2wks ago, i am hungry every 2hrs and i am eating alot & lazing on bed alot too.

I do sort of agree that stretch mark could be inherited as i read it from somewhere last time. My mum and my sis do have it and i have it too for my 1st one despite applying stretch mark cream etc.

Any1 feeling itchiness ard the tummy area already? I feel a little itchy at the tummy area.. not too bad.. just a little.. I think the little 1 is growing and my tummy's stretching..

My next appt wif the gynae is next monday.. Looking foward to it.. I wld be abt 8 weeks by then...

Hi morning everyone. It's 11 and I already had 3 meals. Bread and milo at 6, beehoon at 9 and now lo mai kai at 11. But appetite is poor coz I'm super hungry and I can only eat a little bit.

Yeah, I had been sleeping through the entire weekend. And my dreams are super vivid. Like after watching the Australian wildfires, I dreamt that a HDB carpark in AMK was on fire too, and my car, along with my parents' cars were all inside, and I tried to rush in to save my car and everything. Super exaggerated.

Hello Mrs Neo, remember to apply stretch mark cream to ease the itchiness.... Cos I think your skin is too dry and recently the weather is hot & humid too...

For me.. i have finished a packet of skittles already.. been really into sweet stuffs lately.. Errr..

I dreamt i went USA for holidays.. bought lots of coach bags.. but I felt my luggage bags on the cab!!! Gosh... wat a nitemare! Woke up soaked with sweat!!! LOL...

Hi Famela & Miemie,
My first MS started last night.... very bad one somemore.... last weekend I have a very bad cramp too... And my gynae told to rest as much as possible.

so im not the only one who keep dreaming! but my dreams are all abt kak-kak one.. super scary.. DH says I must have been watching too much DVDs..

Miemie, Well, because it's harder to sleep well, we are in the REM stage more, so we remember our dreams better. They can be really weird, but I think Mrs Neo really loves shopping!

Mrs Neo, try to minimise on ur sugar intake..
happy.gif
I'm trying to control my sugar intake cos afraid being Diabetic.. Hated drinking plain water now cos it tastes so bitter.. U ladies hv e same prob?

hi glad,me too. I hate plain water and prefer cold packet drink w/o gas type. I like to eat sweets too if not will feel horrible .

hi all oct mtbs! i'm new here and should be in my 6th week. will be seeing gynae for the 1st time tis fri... cant wait!

MS has not set in so far but i feel hungry all the time, and yet no appetite after a few bites. husb is gaining all the weight... hee. feeling funny sensations in the lower ab. wonder if tummy is "stretching".

oh, i hate plain water even b4 pregnancy. now trying very hard to resist drinking all sorts of flavoured drinks
sad.gif

hI ALL!

such an active thread!
This is my 2nd pregnancy, totaly a surprise so have yet plan for a gynae. My boy is abt 20mths ++, we're hoping to have a wider age gap but this is a blessing indeed.
happy.gif

Anyone at private suite KKH? What is the current rate? How abt the rest like TMC?

hi ginger, it could be stretching.

same here, i feel hungry all the time, but not much appetite. So I'm now eating almost every 2 hours.

Thanks Carlyn,Doc said i was 5 week pregnant and EDD is on 13 Oct.

Have went to see my gyn last wed afternoon due to some spotting and went to A&E in evening again becos to slightly bleeding. I was given hormones pills and injection at that time and was also given a week MC. Gyn arrange me to see her last friday again and luckily BB is okay and BB hormones level increase also. Have anyone encounter slight bleeding during their early pregnacy?

Dunno why i keep thinking of eating Korean food.. it is safe to eat Kimchi? It seem like everyone is having MS but howcome i dun have MS yet?

Mrs Neo, my gynae ask to apply early so that my skin (tummy) is more elastic when come to stretching. Please remember do not use ur fingers to relieve the itch as it will leave more stretch marks. My friend told me to use the back of the comb to relieve....

my fren told me that we can start applying the stretch mark cream as soon as we confirm the pregnancy.. coz it is to prepare our stomach for the stretch that's to come! but the lazy me has yet to start yet of coz..

hihi, i'm tested positive too. visit with gynea on 7th feb, saw a black shadow, doc say's it's the sac. but no heartbeat yet.

now suffering from really bad MS, it's a full day event. really very xinku.. this is my 2nd bb, 1st bb MS not so bad, only pukey when hungry. now is pukey anytime, only when i sleep i feel better.

Hi glass, I use Palmer brand. I feel this brand is cheap and good... I also use Body Shop - Cocoa Butter Body lotion ( A gift from my friend)

There are many mummies going to be in this coming Oct.... So this news may be interest you: There is the Baby fair coming up in 27 Feb to 01 Mar @ Expo. See if you can go and look look see see....

i haven started, i read that the clarins stretch mark oil is good, so I asked my fren to help me buy from the DFS.. yet to try it though!

Soh, tink u hv craving liao
happy.gif
so far no craving for me.. My 1st preg, i craved for curry, think i ate curry throughout my preg.. 2nd i craved for ice cubes.. Keep on biting it, wil go coffee shop n buy a packet of ice.. Lol.
Ong n ginger, jus now buay tahan liao.. Ended drinking 100 plus.. Cnt stand water.. Ai yo e after taste feeling..
Oh ya, think i read from somewhere preg ladies hv to drink lotsa of water.. Something abt e water bag.. I'll search on e net later..

HI,
First time posting here. Tested positive on valentine's day. Going to the gyne tomorrow. My own calculations tells me that i'm 7 to 8 weeks pregnant. havent really experienced morning sickness yet cos i feel bloated all the time even before i was married. haha..

Back