(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

hippo >> no prbs abt the chocs lah. i always felt that accts pp go ard with calculators for heads! aiyoh, and i am still not used to being called auntie..rem i am only 18...yes! tonight's OUR lucky night...9pm is the draw..kekekeke...

yoga mums >> thankfully the durian ice-cream stayed in for me yesterday..felt utterly blissful!
i'd such good sleep too...certainly made up for the rest of the week's stresses! next up..i'm going to try to swim - my butt ache is resolving but i still find myself waddling awkwardly at times..it's like my thigh bone is out of its socket or something...

jRt >> alt days ar...sometimes i get that too..but i better don't count on it. strong smells still set me off. haiz..xoxolight is perpetually in her first trimester..

lynn >> i am also having a "slightly low lying placenta"...was told not to stand or walk for extended periods and definitely don't carry anything heavier than a normal handbag. our yoga teacher was teaching us to put our legs up at night, having your legs on an elevation etc. in most cases, it does resolve on its on i.e. moves higher. but i know how paranoid pregnancy can make us..i still am..so cheer up ok? i am still smiling at your news! fab!!

run half a marathon? Wah!! So far I have only joined Orchard Mile 1.6km once.
pups: exercising really makes you happier because of the endorphins released.

Anyone planning to check out the robinson sale? I saw a number of baby items on sale.

glass: i went last week, but didn't manage to check out the baby section. Maybe will go again this weekend to do so. :p

Something fun here from some of my surfing inspired by work boredom...

1) Natural births tend to occur in and ard a full-moon phase. For Oct mums in SG - Oct 3 (mooncake festival) and Oct 18 is when there's a full moon. http://childbirth.amuchbetterway.com/the-moons-effect-on-natural-childbirth/

2) In SG..Oct is the most popular month for deliveries...www.singstat.gov.sg/pubn/papers/people/ssnmar09-pg9.pdf

3) Boys outnumber girls 1049 : 1000..

4) 39,935 babies were born in 2008..I don't know if it's because I am expecting or what..but I believe this year would have a higher no than last year..I see so many more preggers everywhere!

glass, shugar >> i went to the robinson sale last weekend..am a robinson's member but didn't find anything really on sale in the mommy/kids section...

hmm..any mothers care to comment? is it too early to be getting supplies/furnishings/clothing right now? if so, when's the ideal time? I find myself not having as much stamina as before..tiring quite easily...

xoxo,
great! that means your princess LIKES durians. hehehe... hmm, i think i might have some of that choc now.
happy.gif

hippo >> haha, hopefully yah...today's lunch is gonna be humble economical rice. too freakin' hot for me to go outside, so getting dabao. again, i need to hope it all stays with me...

my mother told me to look out first, and buy later. can get others to buy, but I think it's too troublesome. I don't have space to put in my room, but I think I can do that in June. Put them at my new house.

xoxo: most likely the babies were made during the christmas period and cny holidays. Hence more in the later months.

mooncake festival falls during full moon, so it cannot be oct 3 and oct 18.

shucks, i feel hungry now, after having fried beehoon with meat at 10.30. later got meeting at 1.30 all the way until 4 plus. tired man.

glass >> i think u are right abt the fact most were "made" during the hols.

this year's mooncake festival (15th day of the 8th lunar mth) is on Oct 3? full moon on the 1st and 15th of each lunar month (chinese)..

ganbate for the rest of the day. i also don't know how i am going to last today..getting sleepy.

afternoon all.
Wa wad is this drama mama about.

pupsncups
I hope shes good, i intend to try her next week. Cant waiiiittt. =) thanks for the number.

today is my last day at work. My lethargic level is at its highest. the weather is also killing me..any of you feeling giddy under this weather. I keep yawning too. Can never stop.
zzzzzz

huimin: talk about yawning! haha. i think i'm so breathless all the time.. i feel like an old lady..

xoxo: so we all gonna have mooncake babies? haha. my edd is 19oct. one day after the full moon. the moon supposed to be the roundest the day after the full moon.

but i didnt mean to have a baby in oct. just happened that baby's coming out in oct. haha. i'll prefer it to be a nov baby. easier to celebrate bday. my whole family got 5 nov babies!

pupsandcups
No no, i am def not a small framed person. i'm ard 1.65m and usual weight is ard 55-58kg. i am more top heavy though.
u noe i wld hv prefered to use electrci but wld u believe it tt i cld not yield a single drop when i used my avent manual cum electric UNO IQ???? subsequently i bot a set of ameda and initially it was ok but within a wk of using, i was yielding lesser and lesser... scary wor, so i stopped and since then juz concentrate on manual one all the way. the gd thing is i can literally pump anywhere w/o needing to find power points. but i think my arm muscles were well trained during tt 14 mths! hahahaa...
i'm oso vain but while i am bfg, i know i'm not supposed to diet and really watch wat i eat, so only thing is i really eat healthily. most times its fish soup to keep up wif my ss. and i swear my skin was at its best during bfg days coz no menses, no hormonal imbalance! BEST! wah i miss this part the most!

Lynn Ng (baby_lynn)
i am hvg low placenta oso. juz avoid squatting and strenuous activities. if bleeding shld stop baby dancing too. my stretchmarks r fr 1st preg... but i still apply the cream daily... hopefully to prevent it fr getting worse. i am sure more will emerge later but juz hope to do some maintenance for now.
proud.gif

xoxo
seems like our MS is easing up, though its still there but i hv to admit tt its indeed better than 1st tri or at least i felt better aft 14-15 wks. a little improvement is still better than nothing. i am happy!
happy.gif

interesting stats tt u digged up there
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

I am a May MTB. I am selling my balance Prolacta with DHA fish oil, iron supplements and calcium supplements.

DHA fish oil (31 softgels) : $20
Calcium Lactate 300mg (36 tabs) : $5
Neogobion (Iron)(6 tabs) + Floron Iron Supplement (30 tabs) : $5

Postage fee (Normal postage) : $1

PM me if interested. Thanks
happy.gif

happy hippo (fifidoog): in fact I had spotting last week & being ordered by my gynae to bed rest for 1 week.. tiring shld be due to the fact I'm carrying twins ba...

pupsandcups (pupsandcups): maybe that is becos I'm expecting twins ba.. so my gynae tell me to rest as much as I can but I still to work ah... so what I can do is nt to move ard too much other than sitting @ work station most of the time..

xoxolight (xoxolight): recently I oso place a pillow under my leg.. friends told me can prevent water retention.. hopefully it will get beta.. recently I even have bad cramps in the middle of the night.. any of u face this?

jRt (crystallized): I started applying stretch cream once I see them on my tummy, tights.. haha I'm thinking if I shld apply double since I'm expecting twins.. haha jk

jRt>> oic, but i dunno many mommies w single digit weight gain leh .. anyw 10-15kg is the healthy range i believe

happy hippo>> my normal weight is 45kg n im 160cm, so i suppose those petite type lor. thanks to all the magazine i read la, keep feeling that i need to be skinnier SIGH, but don worry im not anorexic or bulimic, i like to eat too much, not capable of fasting or skipping meals one.

huimin>> good luck w mona, keep us all posted on the feedback. im not 5 mths yet, still another 3 weeks, so i only experienced her post natal. she will wrap ur tummy in the cloth tight tight.

Lynn: i had leg cramps twice.
sad.gif
i hate it!
read that cramps may be caused by too little calcium and potassium circulating in your blood.
Maybe you can try eating a banana before bedtime? or a glass of milk?
For me i switch to taking my calcium supp after dinner. so far no more cramps. hope it stays that way!

Hi Karine, welcome here!

shugar: calcium supp after dinner is a good idea. no wonder my legs r fine recently.. cos i can only swallow down the fish oil at night after dinner or before i sleep. so i take all the supps together.. :D

lynn: u can prevent the stretch marks from getting worse by hydrating urself. drink lots of water, but also try to go toilet as often as u can, cos u got water retention. stretching exercises may help in relieving cramps and water retention also.

Lynn: You can try taking cheese in day time. Drink warm milk before you go to bed. Cramps may be cause by calcium deficiency.

xoxo>> i am starting to get my baby stuffs already.. i feel that it is never too early to start.. call me kiasu ba.. haha..

i intend and hope to get everything ready by end of 2nd tri or early 3rd tri.. in fact i intend to buy the milk bottles already.. still trying to decide btw Avent and Nuk.. anyone able to gimme advice on these milk bottles? and also the breast pump.. cannot decide if i wanna get electric or manual!

by late june, my baby cot and baby wardrobe should arrive, and then i will start to get the stroller and car seat..

elated*mie
my son likes Nuk bottles, and i think ameda dual electric pump is great.
i only introduced bottle to my son when he was 4 mths old, b4 that was 100% latch on

baby_lynn>> after you see the stretch marks appear then you apply the cream, is a bit too late le.. coz the stretch mark cream is to prevent, not cure.. so wad you shud do now is to diligently apply everyday, from your boobs (or from under your boobs) all the way to your thighs.. at least this will help to prevent more from coming out?

but i also hear some pple saying that applying stretch marks cream is useless, the stretch marks will still appear one.. but i just wanna play safe, so i have been applying everyday...

pups>> there are pple who says manual pumps you can express more milk than electric pump.. is it true?

and singapore dun sell BPA free Nuk bottles right? that is why i wanted to get avent, but avent teats are very hard, some babies have difficulties drinking from the avent teats..

mie: my client's company is bringing in BPA free milk bottles. I shall check with them when it will be available here.
happy.gif

lynn
hahaha apply dbl dosage? but will skin absorb? i apply once in morning and evening after i bathed, if i rem! hahaha...
coz u expecting twins, so u prob will hv more discomfort than us whom r expecting singletons. i experience leg cramps occasionally too.

pups
wah seh! U r the slim and petite type lah yet still wan to diet somemore??? yes, 10-15kg is the normal weight gain range. 4 u, can afford to gain somemore!

RE: Fish Oil
Gynae advised to take fish oil in the morning.... but read tt u girls take in evening oso? If its ok, i'll take. since i hate fish v much, fish oil is my only hope despite me hating it v much. anything for my baby!

elated*>> i pumped more than i needed with electric so am happy with it. also the middle of the night pump, no energy for manual la.

oh about the BPA free bottles, im not quite fussed .. im the kind of mommy who don worry about these things too much. my thinking is i survived it .. i stopped sterilising bottles v early too. n dont buy organic .. so u roughly know my pattern la.

jRt>> ya la, other people also say slim, but i have perception problem thanks to media... haha

elated mie
most ppl do fine wif electric. i am one of the weird ones tt need a manual pump. i was lamenting abt it during bfg days! hoping i am fare better wif electric this time round. cant afford to spend 35 mins per session juz to pump this time round! #1 will b bugging me, #2 will b crying!

pups
be contented! u hv a gd figure alrdy... then pple like me needs to go bang wall liao leh...

Elated*Mie : Electric is fine. I don't really find that i can pump much more with manual. Maybe partly i'm lazy...

But i think manual is good to bring out. I used it to pump when i went for courses where i don't know whether that place have power supply for me or not.
happy.gif

Hi Karine : Welcome to the October club!! We really do have a lot of boy boy here ya... Hee...

baygon,
*shrugs* some cat fight going on. i'm not impressed at this sort of bo liao intruding. but i aint gonna be a kpo and say anything else lor. i think i'm bo liao enough ranting here most of the time. some things are best left untouched/unsaid. hehe...
happy.gif

hippo: i see.. think cantrol a bit lor.. what's that to be so angry over? *can't figure out*

anyway. i went to the gynae on wed.. aiyoh. my hopes for a girl all dashed. the gynae said.. 'see.. the gentalia'... aiyoh.. then she said this 'you can have my word for it that it is a boy'.. gosh . such certainity..

anyway. seemed likes i dropped another 1kg?! gosh..

and hor. a mother expecting her #2 on my other thread.. wah. delivered her #2 in 17 MINUTES! ALAMAK.. now i better admit myself one day before.. JUST IN CASE..maybe one week before?!

kkbt: coz i am expecting my #2 mah..

something big.. wah.. must be really big :p

i thought u know the gender liao :p:p so excited :p

oh ya. my detailed scan is three weeks later.. haha. like so fast.. will go to gynae again..

astro: not yet leh.. another 1 week plus then i'll know.. that's my detailed scan day also...

very excited too.. baby's been moving a lot.. especially during the day.. a bit distracting.. but quite fun lah.. hahaha.

i thought usually the #2 onwards delivery will be easier and faster? my sis #3 took only less than 30mins too..

kkbt >> mooncake babies..yah, this year my hk friend was telling me, the chinese lunar calendar has a "double" month, hence october is the lunar eighth month rather than it being traditionally falling in september. haha, just for fun only...i think i rather not experience the "jam" in the hospital actually if this lunar effect is true.

lynn >> babe, you better take care then...i shrugged other pp's suggestions that i'd find difficulties during the 3rd trimester etc, now i find what they say to be true! just barely midway my 2nd trimester and i run out of energy so quickly, there are queer aches and pains, pulls and twinges at the lower abdomen but yoga does help with the pelvic pains....still, the gynae's word that i've a low lying placenta is something that has kept ringing in my head for days now (though i usually don't pay it too much attn)..but must take care..((((hugs)))) for your twins!

astro >> abt this detailed scan...i wanted to ask you/the mummies here what was their experience at TMC? heard that they now do not allow the spouse to enter the room where the scan takes place. how "detailed" is TMC scan? I was thinking of doing this detailed scan at Camden instead which I got pretty good reviews..what's yr advice on this?

xoxo,
full moon huh? my EDD is 18th! so got chance? and our wedding anniversary was full moon too. *howl* hehehehe...

baygon,
yah. some pple do not even observe basic etiquette on forums so i guess we see these from time to time.

17mins??? wah... eh u gotta ask miser to bring stopwatch into delivery room. then later can tell us how quick it was for you? 17mins... i think for 1st time MTBs thats like a dream come true man. sigh...

kkbt,
eh, HOW BIG? can humour me? >3ct?
happy.gif
or 5ct??? wah lau. bigger than the width of our fingers?

hippo,
Regarding swimming, I always stopped when I felt that my back starts to ache. So was thinking if it's because our tummy weight is pulling down our back when we swim thus the pain. Anyway, I really hope it's not the cause.

xoxo,
Full moon baby? so our babies will be she qi hua yi?

Astro,
My friend was telling me about how fast the 2nd one will be. She even said "if you feel funny, just rush to hospital! If not, you will be giving birth in your house or public place." She said for her 1st, it's 14hrs but 2nd one is around 2hrs only. I was like calculating in my head, that's 12 hrs faster for 2nd baby. Then in my case? 1st one is 5hrs then 2nd one?! Guess baby will swim right out without waiting! hahaha how I wish!

Back