(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

weishy

if it's authentic ergo, then i want too. But prob with taobao is that there's too many fakes.
sad.gif

<font size="+1"><font color="ff6000">Extra BN S-Size Diapers For Sale</font></font>

Hi! I'm fr Apr MTB thread. Juz delivered my B2 via emergency c-sect on 9 Apr. He's a big bb so end up outgrew the diapers I had stocked up. Thus, I'm looking to sell the extras off. FYI: my boy was 3.665kg @ birth and 5.1kg @ 1M. He's rotound bt no Michelin Man -- main reasons he's fast outgrown NB &amp; S sizes of some brands of diapers is (1) waist of these diapers grown too low till poo leaked from back while he's lying down (which's how NB spends their time) (2) Gathers grown too tight around the thighs

<font color="aa00aa">Anyway, I'm selling off 3 BN (unopened) pks of S-size Huggies Ultra.</font> Each pk has 44pcs. I'm selling each pk @ $13.50 each. Must self-collect fr my plc in Clementi Central. No further discount if you take all 3 pks bt I'l throw in another 20 loose pcs of the same thing + 5 loose pcs of Huggies Ultra NB size.

Please PM me if interested. I wl nt b chkg all the threads
happy.gif

mashy
according the link which babymaking post, the promo is only for 13-14may...
and %350 is for members only.. non-member pay 388

mashy:dunno le but hor they not so free to make fake ones for this ergo( to me la usually is A$F...LV etc)

and can't deny that alot of stuffs are made in china...guess its 50/50 loooo

pegsfur:eek:kioki tks alot
happy.gif

hi mashy

tas answered yr questions already...

tas,
will you be getting the ameda pump now? or still waiting for better deals? i'm thinking it's a good deal if the warranty can start after our EDD. cos form friends who use the ameda pump, the motor needs replacement at least once during the 1 yr warranty period...to ensure the suction remains strong..esp for heavy users.

babymaking
mi still waiting for better deals.. hehehe.. coz like u said.. if buying locally then must utilise the warranty mah... if buy too early, also no use...
prolly will wait til GSS fully kick in end of this mth to see how..
but i find the pricing of Ameda Lactaline quite firm.. if i were to get the pump locally, i will be spree for their spare parts online le.. coz the spare parts need change ard 3 mths for a heavy user.. n i wanna save $$ on FM.. step 1 and 2 FM is very ex!

pegs:
the toys store dun hv any pee pads... nvm will hunt for one with lower or FOC "快递"
anyone looking for PEE PADS?? lol

piggy:
arghh... now that u said it... i did not even realise... die die must do up the list asap liao.. else kiki come back liao my orders still stuck in china!

tas,
yeah the pricing of the ameda quite fix one, so far this deal is the cheapest i can find. even taka fair not as cheap, freebies also ard the same.

spare parts can spree overseas, but actual pump think better to get in sg.

hmm do u know who supplies ameda pumps? was thinking to call up the distributor and see if they can start the warranty later. if can, tomorrow will drop by robinson to get the pump.

Just saw the Robinson promo. Is the Graco Pack n play playpen good? From Graco website it says "For children unable to climb out"... does that means it is not suitable for toddler who can climb out? But isn't that what a playpen is used for - restrict toddler so he will not be able to climb out even if he knows how to?

tas

thks, just called them up, they say cannot start warranty around EDD. cos it's hard to control
sad.gif
, it's a pity cos Medela distributor willing to start warranty after EDD. will have to give the robinsons sale a miss then.

Dolce:
Keep me informed when u find out the reason for the numbness. But I suspect it is probably not something serious. Mine comes and goes.

Weishy:
I am beginning to get varicose veins and my calves ache from standing/walking. A friend recommended compression stockings. Wore those for 1-2 weeks and I think it helps with the aching, though the veins are still there. They are thick so a bit hot and quite ugly too. Maybe u can ask your obstetrician if they are suitable for you. Keep your legs higher when u resting/sleeping/ sitting - think it helps.

Piggy:
I bought Avent manual pump already. Bought a cheaper pump as stand by in case baby has difficulty latching. Not so major investment so that not so painful on the pockets if no milk
happy.gif

yen:no la i lift up my legs when sleepign even though not preggie so.....its gonna be there unless i go bkk to cosmetic surgery etc
sad.gif
.....its oki i'm used to it liao...being there...just tat after each pregnancy will hv more tats it :p

heng i read the forums as Nowsday I also have problem while lie on bed , both side turning also feel aching feeling , Baby often kicking or moving inside . I feel breathless too .

Me walking like penguin heehee what my colleague say . Nowsday have a weight infront abit hard to walk fast and abit "xin ku "

Tas,
maybe you want to call them and ask? cos i find the lady who pick up the phone not very flexible, answer was a immediate no. even after i said that medela does start warranty after EDD. :p

Don't know if I should rate vpost service fast or slow. My Spree's 2nd batch parcel has already been delivered to me but my own medela + babymall stuffs, which I ordered about 2 weeks and paid before the spree one, haven't even reached me! They were suppose to deliver them to be yesterday (it was an urgent delivery somemore) but ofcourse, some idiot screwed up again and i will only be able to get it tomorrow morning... Hopefully I will really get them tomorrow morning and in one piece!

hi hi,

just wanna vent somewhere...

that sil who gave birth...didn't even want to spent on the bottle brush (previously the one i sponsor...i throw away liao cos too dirty)...
haiz,
fedup...wanna wait for me to sponsor a new brush...
she not "paiseh" type leh... she earn..i also earn ...
just couldn't understand why she didn't want to get a brush on her own...
dun mind if use the brush just for the bottles but she use it on her breastpump accessories too...

now mil...
couldn't find any brush to wash her(sil) bb's bottles (my ger only use 2 bottles)...
complaint to my hubby said why i so selfish...

nevermind...i told hb to tell mil to use my brush 1st...
let sil paiseh when she see mil using my brush to wash her bb's bottles...
(sil got a new brush yesterday...saw her using at night)

cloudme

why your mil say u selfish leh? Weird, can't she just go and buy a brush. It's not that ex anyway. Maybe she think since there's existing brush, no need to spend on it? Else there'll be many all over? U know like have 2 sets of sterilisers?

mashy,
cos i wrote my ger's name on the new brush and hb forgot to bring it in one day after using...
there is a brush prior this...
but too dirty/or the bristle gone out of shape so think mil/fil throw it away...
since they saw there's a new one(the one which hb left out there)

just can't stand my sil
(she got new bb...should get a new brush for her bb...why must wait for other ppl to sponsor a brand new brush...????)

actually that brush i intend to use only after i given birth...
cos newborn got low immunity and new brush clean better than old brush...

we do have 2 sets of sterilisers at mil's place...cos it's given by hb's elder sis...
1 set for each couple...

the pee pads for dogs, cannot buy those from Daiso?

I recently bought for my rabbit, 4 for $2 lor.. (but now no need to use liao, i think i shall just keep it for myself to use after delivery..)

cloudme

well, i think maybe their thinking is that no need to split until so clear since the 2 kids are there and they're related, not in a nanny's place or childcare centre. I know one thing for sure, the elders won't bother with such hygiene or splitting of stuff coz they grew up with everyone sharing everyone's things.

If you're not comfortable with such an arrangement, then u need to talk to your SIL &amp; MIL on your views abt hygiene. At least clear the air and tell them your concerns. Not that you don't wanna share, but coz of hygiene, just like having a meal on a table and the need for 'gong kuai' so that germs don't get passed ard. If not they will think you're just being selfish and don't wanna share.

My ILs were rather resistent to 'gong kuai' previously. I had to tell them many times, esp when one of them are sick abt the need for 'gong kuai' coz my boy is very weak and easily fall sick. Now they will auto put the 'gong kuai' there and separate bowls for soup.

pegsfur, i remb you bought the moomoo pillow from a BP right? do you still have the person contact? can pass me? many thanks!

anyway,
my own hb also got the old thinking ...so what can i say?

jus make my hb pay for it instead...
luckily i got it during the 20% sale...

i think it's just an excuse only loh...
they know from day 1 i very particular about this...

just imagine, sil's kids(bb + #1) got dozen of milk bottles lie around...
and sil dun auto wash them immediately...especially now her confinement over...

cloudme

then who washes the bottles since she doesn't do it? Do all of u live together?

I think bottle brushes are still ok lah. Coz it's like those sponges we use for washing our dishes. The main thing is the sterilising part which is supposed to kill the germs.

cloudme,
think your SIL want to leech on you to save some cost? :p

but it is also quite tough to separate all things in one hsehold where your MIL taking care of all kids.

mil does the washing even she at home...

when she at home she only entertain her kids...

when we had #1, we did confinement at mil's house...
mil got 2 spare rooms for both the bros(my hb and her hb)...so we stay together till now

haha...come to steriliser...
she didn't even bother to clean the metal plate(or rather didn't even bother to find out how to clean)
cos all was using pigeon steriliser...until all was rusty...

and after she saw me use lemon to clean...then she follow...

she even copy me to get goat's milk sweeties ..as i give it to my ger as treats...
cos dun want her to get sweet tooth
(sil and mil always buy "so called sweets &amp; biscuits not suitable for kids at their age)...

Celine,
if i given birth already and using for my newborn ....i dun mind her leech on me to save some cost...
but she give birth first leh... shouldn't i be the one leeching on her instead???

well...some are like dat...can't change one...

same lah as long as you buy the items she will try to save cost dun care who give birth first e.g. the brush.

My SIL also like to check out what I do and follow suit...

cloud:
suan le lar... get ur own palce n move out lor... then no need to tahan ur SIL...
some pple think it is okay to share... so it is a mindset problem looo...

if she copy u, means that she agree with the way u raising ur ger ger mah... then since no harm then let her copy lor... but i think u dun wan her to slowly "wean" her kid to ur own bottle of goat milk sweeties (coz these can be ex!) lol

in the long run, ur r'ship n hb will surely get affected.. just like the way i BTH my mil n her ways of doing things...
FYI, the house did not have a those auto dispensing water flask til my mum bought me 1... i refused to use it until the eletric pot which mil boil water n pour hot water into those olden fashioned flask go KAPUT!....
then til now, she never bother to wash the electrical flask.. i have to wash and scrub it.. n when she see me washing it, she say i m spoiling the flask... PUKE blood...
i told hb to give it to her.. suan le. when i shift then buy new one... coz this one though just a few mths old, it's as though it been used for years!... sigh!

cloud...
how can a person leave the bottle lying ard for ages? coz she knows she has dozen of them ard? she dunno the unfinished milk will spoil n bottle will go stinky?? yucks... she trying to build up her ger's immunity thru dirty bottles?

celine,
haiz...haha...so we got same type of sil...

anyway...jus count it as doing a good deed if i decide not to claim from hb...

haha...
me now only looking forward to seeing my boi at this sat's appt...

cloudme

aiyah, that's the pitfalls of staying together. Really can't be helped. Maybe she's not as well-informed as u are regarding a lot of things. There're always pp who don't bother to find out more. You just have to close one eye if u wanna stay together in peace.

My SIL also kept bringing her son to my MIL's place when he's running a fever. My hb and I were rather pissed. So the next time when my boy had fever on a sun, we also brought him there. Then can see my SIL so kan cheong, trying to get her son away from drinking my boy's water bottle etc. Usually she can't be bothered. hahaha.

They also didn't see why I was so particular abt hygiene (can even suan me abt it) until their boy got sick and they had sleepless nights. :p

But I guess for your case, your SIL is pretty hands off type... Some pp just aren't that hands on with their children.

tas,
i know...
i have my own house but thing is my hb too lazy to bring my ger thru and fro...
even thou we only stay a couple of blocks away...

yah...i suan le...
just wanna vent here lar...

dun know if she purposely left there...
cos she knows there's a mil around to help wash the bottles...

cloud...
sigh... either u be more hardworking n bring ur ger to n fro urself... or bo bian lor just tahan lor..
i rem ur ger also still small hor.. sigh..

ur sil really win liao.. think she knows ur mil will bo bian wash so she leave ard lor... or wait til she need to feed bb n bb no bottles.. then she will know

tas,
my ger just pass the yr old mark...now 13 mth...

well, she not scare one...cos mil will always check for her (precious grandson)...

mil now drilling the idea of getting me to feed my #2 formula at night to my hb...
i simply ignore...will still insist TBF like my #1...
if hb wanna listen...
he will have to pay for the milk powder and wake up to feed...

cloud:
huh.. y must wake bb to feed at nite?
better for bb to sleep thru wat? my ger sleep thru since 4 wks... unless she get woken up when i pump to relief engorgement n i latch on, else she sleep thru... sugh old pple old thinking...
if ur hb listen, then tell him wake up hmself n feed... skali bb 2-3yo still wan nightfeed then u headache ar

taslyn: oh, its ex ah? hee.. i dont know cos i never buy b4. FIrst time buy for my rabbit to use... in the end, never use lah...

cloudme, just ignore her lah, tbfd bb for the child's benefits. I also ignore my mil, coz those never tbfd their children will always say formula is better and save them the trouble of bfd mah.

Back