(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

dolcevita,

Hahaha .. i've been doing dat since 1st trimester! That explains the 3-4kg i put on during 1st trimester ... now at least it's stablising ...
happy.gif

morning ladies;

Re: weight gain
can i check how much weight have u all gained to date? I think I gained about 4 kg so far. Wk 17 this week .

Pinkmama, I think u will feel better after hearing my weight gain.
A whooping 6 kg, from 55 kg to 61 kg, as at 20 Feb (last gyane's visit). Gynae said it's becoz of those preg mothers' milk i drank, and the hourly snacks i eat becoz i feel hungry most of the times.

yen,

That's quite abit of weight hor .... but mine not any better ... hahah ... did yr gynae ask u to cut down?

my weight gain for the whole pregnancy is about 3 kg.... only started gaining after 2nd tri started.

yen, a few of my friends were advised by their gynaes to stop taking the milk, cos they put on so much weight...

i take it about twice a week now, if i can rememebr. haha

good morning mummies
just woke up.. haha.. feeling v tired.. guess i m falling sick

re:weight gain
i dun wan to go on the scales.. haha.. mb will weight myself ltr..

Hi Babys

I thought is a must to take the milk? Anyway I hate milk. So after drinking for a wk or so I stop drinking liao. Hate the smell. Cant take it.

i also can't take the milk..

regarding the weight gain.. after my terrible ms last month.. i lost 4kg and onli gain 1-2kg back despite eating alot

mummies,
my problem is that now I still look more on the fat side.....I want to look more pregnant
happy.gif

btw, what is the recommended weight gain in 2nd trimester?

yen,
Ya, I heard those mummies milk can make one gain weight very fast.

SL, its not a must bah? cos calcium and DHA, u would already be taking the supplements from ur dr liao.. the milk is just extra, not a must bah? If its a must, then those gynae's wouldnt advise their patients to cut down liao....

one serving is almost 300calories... plus the extra snacks we have in a day, we exceed the 300 extra calories required during pregnancy liao lor.. sure put on more weight easily..

Hi Pegsfur & BabyS, my gyane asked me to be careful, she's a lady gynae...she advised me, if too much weight gain, next time, very hard to go back to pre-preg figure...haha...vanity of women..
Nowadays, I dun drink the full dosage of the preg mothers' milk. The instructions said...3 full scoops, I only put 2 scoops..heehee :p

Btw, did anyone sign up for this Sat's cordlife talk? I have signed up.
Some qns i have :
1. Is Cordlife better or Stemcord better?
2. Is it too early to sign up? Afterall, I have not go for the wk 20's detailed tests. Should I wait for Jun'e motherhood fair to sign up?

Has everyone started wearing maternity clothes? All my bottoms now are the maternity ones already, but the tops are still the pre-pregnancy ones.

yen
I am not sure if I want to sign up for cord blood banking....not sure if the medical advances at this point of time outweighs the cost. Still researching.

Hi Babys

Oh ok... Great than I will have the excuse not to drink the milk. Hehehe.

But than I still a bit worry. Till now gynae still have not given me the calcium pill and during my 1st pregnancies, my tooth broke due to baby absorb too much calcium from me.

SL: hee!!!!

now u how many weeks? once i hit the 2nd tri, dr give me liao.. my friend's gynae, says will only start her on it during her 5th month. dunno why. maybe u check with ur gynae?

pinkmama: i wear maternity bottom liao.. tops are still normal tops..

SL
it is not a must to drink the milk.. but mummies drink coz other other mum are drinking plus they get free samples from gynae, etc.. personally i find the milk too sweet for me

yen,
stemcord is cheaper than cordlife. think it is a personal preference most of the time.
u can sign up anytime u wan.. even at the last min, they will still send the kit to u for collection of cordblood.. actually there is no rush

pink:
i m still in my regular clothes.. i think when i had #1, i started wearing maternity pants after 5mths.. but i have started to wear loose tops coz my tummy is starting to grow

PInk,
perhaps becosi lose 2 kg in my 1st trim.. i only start to gain in 2nd trim wor.. but i can feel my weight goin up fast thanks to the t-bits n snack i been eatin keke..
i am still in my norm clothing can still fit in most of my bottom but feelin a bit tight liao maybe gotta start wearin my dress..

tas
I went to the one at paragon on saturday. Bought 2 dresses for work. Their stuff is quite nice and they also have quite a number of items on sale.

I gained slightly less than 2 kg. 15 weeks now. This time slower than #1. Think by the same time last preg, I prob put on close to 4kg already.

I think can give the preg mummies milk a miss. Those will make u put on unnecessary weight. Normal HL or Magnolia low fat high calcium milk is good enough.

Re: Cordlife
I banked my #1's cord with cordlife. Saw some comparisons in the forum and all points to cordlife being better. Forget the exacts pts but u can try to do a search in the forum. i think cordlife was hvg a great promotion of $400 for 1st year or somethg. That's a whopping discount from what the normal costs are. Like $1k plus. So i think u can weigh whether wan to sign now or later. I prob will not bank this time, since already banking #1. But if anyone does, we shd refer. Let me know if you want to sign up. Cos if I refer someone, I get S$50 cash back or somethg. Max 2 per year. So we can all help each other to save some money off the annual fee.

I just realised my normal jeans are starting to get tight. So I think max I can wear them up to 4 months. Then I prob got to change.

oh ya, usually u will start gaining more weight in 2nd trimester. So it's normal, dun worry abt the sudden increase in weight. then weight gain will slow down again in the last 2 plus mths.

i think more important is the milk intake... cos calcium really very important. I realise my teeth seem to be getting longer, means my gums getting shorter.. need to go see dentist soon liao.

pink.. i was already on maternity bottoms since 8wks.. hehe.. ah bui me!
but nw.. im still wearing some 'normal' clothes on the top.

last nite my tummy cramp quite abit.. duno izit due to... me being greedy.. n too hot cos of the weather. mrng i drank peppermint tea, den aftnn ta an ice-cold sugarcane juice, then aft dinr had 2 slices of watermelon some more.

felt so guilty this mrng.. cos couldn't sleep the entire nite.. but most importantly is.. hope bbs r okie.

hfta wait this sat for gynae appt... yawnz.. long 3wks wait manz!

re:weight gain
2nd tri will start to gain weight.. but it will not be exponential.. 3rd tri weight gain is the scary one..
i realised the more i look at my weight the more paranoid i will be.. so in the end i chose not to weight liao..

my last visit to the gynae i lost 3kg.. so i m happy with that.. dun want to know my current weight.. coz i m scared to know

bobo
if the cramps going away after a while or goes away when u change position, then its nothing to worry about. I think sometimes cramps it quite normal as our uterus is strecthing.

mashy
ops... hahaa but i guess we would be bumping into each other either at the gynae's clinic or the scanning unit since hte timing soo near..

weight gain.
have not gained anything throughout this pregnancy.. all thanks to the 3.9kg i lost in 1st trimester...

taslyn: ok ok... will tell them...

bobo, the sugarcane and watermelon, very cooling leh.. i think its cos u took too many cooling stuff at one shot...

u 8 weeks wear maternity wear ok lh.. u having twins leh..

yep.. my 1st tri i oso din touch..
but nw.. plus weather tooooooo hot le..
like wat pris said n did.. hehe.. i steal a slice or 2 lor..
to rehydrate abit...

aeh.. sugercane oso arh?

i had quite abit of craving for sugarcane.. n has been drinking oso..
OOOOOOPPPPSSSSSSssssss lar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sugarcane glucose content v high... v ex to put on weight de.. so i siam it.. hehehe

ydae i took 1 whole litre of soya bean milk...but gotta watch out my intake.. coz there is a research saying too much soya milk is not good for bb boys... they render their spermies to be of low quality next time..

i heard MTB shouldnt eat too much tau huay or tofu too, cos of the coagulant they use for solidify the tofu/ tau huay...

i tot tau huey cannot eat..
i used to drink quite abit of soya bean milk.. untill few wks back.. i drank n reject.. den i scared of it le.. bahahaha.

ystrday actually i was craving for soursop de.. those dessert leh.. den went AV market.. they dun hv (dessert stall close le).. den so damn hot.. so i ta the sugarcane lor. haha.

oh.. i muz satisfy my crave for soursop latr.. btw.. we can eat de mah??

bobo, when u find out, tell me k.. i also wanna know if can eat soursop or not.. didnt crave for it until u mentioend it!

Re: Tau huay

My mum say can't eat leh. So since 1st pregnancies i never take...

Hi fat bobo

Soursop also v cooling leh. Take a bit shd be ok but not too much.....

I heard pomelo also cooling but I also take a bit. Can't stop from eating leh. Craving for it.

Re Coagulant in soya drinks/tau hui

My friend left a half-finished cup of Mr Bean soya milk overnight and the next day she found that it has solidified into 'tau hui' like substance!

So scary siah, think best is still natural soya milk, but anyone knows where to find?

Back