(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

piggytoh~hummm but he's nt well these 2 days so nt eating much
sad.gif

anyone going to the pigeon fair? will try to go in the morning...
I want to stock up on the pigeon snacks... so ex but my boy love it.

weishy
so you wanna wean Lucus off milk bottle?
keke! we're still struggling to get ours to drink from bottle... maybe I should just forget about bottle.

Sharon
only 1 pair with me now. its the sandles type one, but very big leh (should be cannot fit now)

kikilala> i oso wanna go buy some leh. but hor. so far. haha. wonder if the petrol there is worth the price or not =p

weishy, like Lucas, Ray is also drinking lots of milk including solid. He still latch on 5 times a day. According to PD and dietian, at 1, milk intake as long as about 480ml should be fine.

Ray just came down with a bad cold and high fever and he refused all solid except kaya bread, apple and lots of bm.

cod liver oil> anyone giving ur baby cod liver oil? i started giving my boy cod liver oil. seems like improve his immune system and he is slowing recovering from his cough though never see doc n go on medication.

kiki, I give up on bottle fed Ray long ago. Just latch, straw fed when ebm and water. Look to the brighter side, don't have to wean off bottle.

vivien~cecelia lee
happy.gif

kikilala~ya maybe le hv to try everythign actually...whatever works for others may nt work for ours ...vice versal.....so no comparision wakakkakak....we cant force them
sad.gif

shoes~hummm u advise will be dun buy so many pairs.....they dun go out daily.....n feet grow super fast as well
happy.gif

Weishy,
I see the shoes so cute...can't help
previously those infant shoes, ryan wear 1-2times then outgrow liao
but v cute so end up buying 2 more pairs fr taobao
now he 7 pair of shoes before he start walking!
I'm such a kiasu mummy

pris> there's a brand called nordic?

i give my boy champs, cos was a freebie from the goodie bag from young parent. it's from msia though, will buy scotts when i'm done with that. but my boy love it, i only give him 2ml a day. haha. but it does help with his cough it seems, he's getting better slowly without medication. hope it builds up his immune system. dare not give too much cos pple say 2ml is for infant below 20pound

miCHELLE,
i also bott NOrdic 1 strawberry flavour but haven start cos instruction say 1yr n up:p

Pris,
i jus bott 1 pair from pediped cant wait to receive it
happy.gif

Dear mummies who have confirmed photoshoot with us this Sun.

Ive a very bad news, the management just inform us that they would be switching off the electricity supply this sun for maintenance.
*Such bad timing!!*
We would need to reschedule your shoot, to either Sat ( tomorrow ) or to a weekday.

Very very sorry for this sudden notice.
My husband would be calling you up (if we have your no.) or emailing you to reschedule the dates n times. (think he is doing that now).

Nordic fish oil~anyone getting can help me get 2 bottles????nt sure if they send to hkg....shall chk chk also :p

sharon~hehehhe well only 1 child ma....think if u hv girl u will be like me b4 buy 20 or more pairs wakakkakakak

our money so easy to earn hor :p

pris> oo. maybe after he finish the champs one, i change to nordic. now de champs one is orange flavour

piggytoh> i started when my boy 9mths+ leh. but i give him 2ml la. de instruction says give 15ml. haha. but i dare not give too much. maybe when he 1yr old den give 15ml?

hello mummies..

just randomly looked thru the archives..

re gugu line on head: Shayna had one but my DH has no sister.. so how? hahah... it eventually disappeared cos hair grow over it. haha..

any updates about bash, baby's day out or t shirt?

gugu line :
My frd mention tht her doc told her mummies who do not drink enough milk/take enough calcium ,babies born out will have the line.

is it true?
ladies here whose baby have the line,did u all drink milk/take calcium pills.

omg vivien... i tink i seriously din drink enough milk/take calcium.. or prolly oso not enuff water... dat's y my girls' hair like dat!?!

*faintz*

Brought my gal to infant care trial for half a day ytd... Today she got flu... So fast!!! Must be from the boy who got flu...she snatch the boy tutu and put in her mouth!

hi anyone wants the Dol's photoshoot on 27th Jul weekday wed? need one more slot, as only me alone....or if anyone wants otherwise timing on weekends can we arrange quickly before 7th lunar month....thanks PM me easier as the forum goes too fast...thanks.

gu gu line>

a horizontal line behind baby head, like no hair on the line.

Appreciated ladies whose babies have the line to feedback if you drink milk /take calcium pill during pregy.

bobo: wow, u r one case,n my sil also e same.
duno if any other ladies out here also e same.

damn pissed

kenna fine for no baby car seat lei
it was my dad's car...not ours lor
anyway we dun own a car
but the TP still dun accept...die die want fine us

$120 plus 3 demerit points
sianzzzz to the max!

Sharon
I think u should get a car seat esp since it's your dad's car. U probably travel freq in it and not a once a blue moon thing. I think the traffic police did the right thing. I know u'll probably be offended by this but I strongly believe in the safety of our children and car seats are important. I dun allow my children to ride in their grandparents' cars unless I install the car seat.

My dad share the car with his biz partner...we dun use it
somemore we came fr the airport n it's loaded with stuff
we just help him drive the car to the airport to fetch
it's juz crap

i'm not offended...then govt shld make all taxis have baby car seat then

Sharon, i did a search for the seatbelt regulations and...

If my friend has a kid who is below 8 years old and they want to hitch a ride in my car and my car has no child seats, will I be penalized if I were stopped by TP?

All private vehicles that come with seat belts will have to abide by the seat belt rules so if you have a child below 8 years old travelling with you, you will need to have a child seat for him. Generally, our officers will exercise flexibility if such rides are infrequent and on ad-hoc basis. However, if the rides are frequent or regular, it is advised that you discuss with your friend on investing in a child seat.

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/Driving_in_Singapore/information_misc_seatbelt.htm#hitch

Sharon

I'm sure the tps have come across many pp who gives all kinds of excuses to avoid a fine. So I doubt the tp will take your word for it. Others will also say coz bb cry, refuse to sit in car seat etc but that doesn't make it right to put the child without a car seat. Taxis aren't within the regulations altho I think they would love to do that coz the taxi drivers will protest.

It's a regulation just like drink driving and using the phone while driving. A law is a law whether u like it or not. Accidents happen when u least expect it.

Car seat

Oh dear, didn't know it's such a serious offense until Sharon mentioned. We do have car seat, but sometimes I would carry bb to sit with me in front when hubby is driving. I better stop doing that.

Vivien

Abt gu gu line, yes my bb has it. And I take milk during pregnancy. Anyway with gu gu line myth, it's not quite true. My hubby is the only child and I have no sister, but my bb has that gu gu line.

gugu line.. is liked a balding line around the head. my gal had tt last time, it will disappeared!

ya... gotta paid the air tix for the maid. but she says she wanna go back. maybe can ask her to pay herself.

Re: carseat
I think its neccessary to have carseat for the safety of the kids but i do think that under the regulations for carseat in singapore is too much of a gray area. Even under the FAQ posted on their web seems to be uncertain.

It is also kinda sub-standard considering that there are loads of people who travel to Msia thru the causeway with children without carseats and yet they get away fine...

Its such a frustration when you become the unlucky one.

puroland> ewww. snatch the boy's tutu? faint. cannot imagine someone in my boy's sch snatch his tutu, or he snatch someone else's tutu =x

sharon> ops. will u all driving very recklessly? u can try appeal saying it's like a one-off time u r travelling in the car n pretty impossible to get a car seat. it's juz like instead of going hm in a taxi, u go hm in ur dad's car. actually if ur dad was the driver, it'll be easier to explain

sharon
oh no! that time I was catching a ride from my sis and the tp gave us a warning.

write in to appeal or see MP if you have valid reasons. I ever got 6 parking ticket waived after see MP.

Jeni
Xiusi shoes didnt reach my hb in time and he is back in Singapore now. He's stationed in China and will come back about once a month. The shoes had arrived in his office already.

I dont mind photoshoot during weekdays but my hb will be around only next week leh... next week ok for you?

Back