(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

juz back frm meeting outside... sianz.. drizzling+sun.. so smelly!

anyways.. congratz cindy. take good care... hopefully yur #1 will be able to accept FM very very soon.

kiki..hehe.. steady hor.. 赌王..ya.. oso good in stocks+shares+investment.. like dat den can hv big money.

oh.. another ting for bbs to choose.. swimming goggles.. den bcm diver. hmmmmm.. wat to gv for pilot? white wig = judge?

the ang gu / ang gu kueh... can get those normal size or not? then jit-kar-ta-pi-pi.... hoho~

oh.. suddenly tink of it.. mahjong tile can = to being a taitai for girls! BAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAA~ nothing to do.. everyday mahjong..hi-tee.

my taiwanese colleague said some put those 'scale' oso... yup.. scale = judge

then abacus/calculator = businessmen (cos olden days.. businessmen use abacus to close their accounts de mah..)

Hi Cindy,
Congrats! Woo..u sure are efficient:p It must be very taxin on u..1st trimester is very tiring..n w the swollen breasts. Poor thing..jia y0u!

Did ur no.1 take milk powder be4 ur pregnancy? Now how much does he/she drinks n solids?

Thanks 4 the advice.")

How did u knw u are pregnant? Thru menses?

kiki,
ur HB so funnie...

fatbobo,
hahha u also another 1 lots of funnie idea
happy.gif
anyway for me it goin to be pick for fun nia so wun take it to heart wat he pick lol~~~

Cindy,
wow congrats.. ya be careful not easy to BF n preg esp 2/3 trim BF will trigger contraction etc also... if possible try to stop BF... dun risk ya..

smurfy, the gugu line only appears on boys if their have gugus (you have sis-in-laws, your dh's sisters.) . For it to disappear, the gugus need to buy shoes for the boy.

Both my boys do not have gugu line as dh has no sister.

We did not celebrate lunar BD. But my mum also got shoes and clothings for my boys. Can also used red packet to give to baby and parents can go buy the style they like.

cindy,
this is great news. i think you are the first one to get preggy here ! take care of yourself so that you can protect the bb inside you. You also need to care for #1.

baby ja,

I thot it's ang nee for boys (pointed ones), and ang ku kueh (flat ones) for girls
happy.gif
Ovann has the ang nee during his 1st mth celebration.

New concepts :

6) Flowerpot Baby
(Due to time and effort to edit the photo, top up of $25 would be required if need all 5 pics to be combine in 1 such as shown)

4236558.jpg

hi all mummies,
I have put my bb at ifc yesterday and I was there in the class for almost a day. I suppose to leave at 10am and i think the teachers do not mind me around hehe
happy.gif
on the whole, the teachers are quite nice and concerned, they are so eager on the child behaviour, habits, allegry, feeding time, sleeping time etc. They change diaper every 2 hour and also apply diaper cream on every change, two bath time a day, three times changing of clothes, 1 porridge, 1 snack. They are quite obliging to your request. One thing i found out both teachers are quite new to the centre, one with a few years experience, the other only for few months. People might have questions on their professionlism but so long my baby are well taken care of and love from the teachers, bb happy thats my concern. initially my bb will cry a little when bathing and changing time cos diff hands, he boycott drinking milk the whole morning, but comes noon time he took two bowls of porridge for lunch, cereal for tea and some milk and slept for 2 hours. He gets very sticky with one of the teachers too hahaha. He will crawl around for toys and friends he is quite curious, keep on looking for new things but he big billy go around wanted to pull their hands or touch their face hahaha. This morning we drop him at the centre and say bye bye to him he is fine, think he is searching for more toys and friends to play with hehehehe

Dolce,
this is v nice......

Babiesmeme,
tt gd glad to hear the IFC is gd
happy.gif

but change diaper every 2 hr is it necessary? nowaday if my boi dun poo i will only change oncer every 4-5hr wor..

fat bobo/baby ja/pegsfur,
yes yes I bought the ang gu for my boy 1st mth celebration too.

so funny right, even ang gu kueh also got to differentiate for boy and girl birth :p

But my auntie more funny she copied cat buy ang gu for her granddaughter 1st mth haha..

re: traditions for 1st Birthday
very interesting!! I want to do it for my boy too haha..

so the 1st pair of shoes must be given by my mum or my hubby's mum?

and there must be ckn drumstick cooked by my mum isit to let my boy take/eat so he will be very prosperous and nvr go hungry? :p

Thank you all mummies for your valuable feedback and support
happy.gif

Hi piggy, I think the teachers are afraid the babies will get diaper rash easier
happy.gif
If poo, they will use water to clean their butt hehehehe..
I have asked them to put him on mattress on the floor while sleeping. That day at home i saw him trying to stand and crawl out of the COT! he lost his balance and fall backwards and knock onto the rail of the cot his legs got entangled in between the rail. I got a shock and get him out of the cot, lucky he is ok he still can smile at me aiyoh this boy...I then transfer my playard beside our bed he so happy cos whenever he stand he saw us he laugh laugh he even try to pick a toy and give us as a present, so sweet!now he can walk round the playard, our heart melts saw him so happy
happy.gif

babiesmeme,
haha but 2 hr abit too short leh.. oh my boi try to stand n climb in his playpen since 2 mth back at first also panick cos when i am busy playpen is the best confine area for him but seem like he only climb abit for fun not really climbin out:p

Celine,
the shoes by our own mum..

babiesmeme, glad to hear that u bb is adapting well to the ifc..so at the end which on u go to? the montesori? how much they r charging per mth?

Thank you all mummies for your valuable feedback and support
happy.gif

Hi piggy, I think the teachers are afraid the babies will get diaper rash easier
happy.gif
If poo, they will use water to clean their butt hehehehe..
I have asked them to put him on mattress on the floor while sleeping. That day at home i saw him trying to stand and crawl out of the COT! he lost his balance and fall backwards and knock onto the rail of the cot his legs got entangled in between the rail. I got a shock and get him out of the cot, lucky he is ok he still can smile at me aiyoh this boy...I then transfer my playard beside our bed he so happy cos whenever he stand he saw us he laugh laugh he even try to pick a toy and give us as a present, so sweet!now he can walk round the playard, our heart melts saw him so happy
happy.gif

hi donkeymami, i went to the montesori, about 1400 per month, after subsidy about $800. sparkletots and my first skool about $1200, after subsidy $600.

8) Age Era
This photo series will have the age era products. The baby will be shown with the latest product while the parent will be shown with the product we have while we are a baby, For eg, TV and camera....very interesting contrast....

Mummies, you can choose one product for this concept, we have TV, camera, phone to name a few...

4237301.jpg
4237302.jpg

Mummies who are joining us for the photoshoot this weekend, pls select 3/4 concepts from all 9 that Ive posted so that we can prepare the props and settings before hand to save time so you can have more fun with the shooting =)
I will be sending an email to all soon.
Thanks ya

Hi all

thanks for the congrats! It is a good news though I did not expect it to b so fast... Coz no 1 we took abt almost a year.. Now it's like right hit on the nail!

Pjpj ,
he has never tried powered milk except when he was just delivered in the hospital. So these 1-2 weeks I can only supply abt 120 ml for his day intake and he will latch on at night and early in the morning. So he is taking 3 heavy meal of porriges or noodles.. With fruits, snacks like biscuits, bread, cheese, yogarts.

I started having menses ard feb... And it has been irregular due to breastfeeding... So I din actually suspect until I felt v v tired each day... Then I went to buy a test kit.

Cindy,
congrats!!
I'm still on tbf too...tried FM on my boy along the way
he reject all n rejects bottle too
this morn hb try mamil gold...he drank 100ml
but afternoon my mum try feed FM...he reject n went on milk strike again
whole afternoon refuse everything

I ask PD for advice...she say cold turkey
but I'm unwilling try cos I scared he won't drink milk at all
din even want EBM

pris/piggytoh~lucas is drinking 1000ml per day with 3 meals.....but today me n hubby take over cos helper on "off"day
sad.gif
so he didnt eat his 2 meals wakakkakak.......bad feeders la us :p

think due to teething n abit of flu from hayley ....so not eating n drinking well.

miss u ladies la...can go hv lunch etc
sad.gif
n spree shopping
sad.gif

If anyone comes hkg.....there's some shops at central ( near pottinger street, they hv loads of children clothing n really cheap!!!!!! esp costumes /dresses/texedo etc

Weishy,
wow Lucas drink alot!! how i wish Kyler willing to drink more...
hope u can join us in Sept bb bash so we can catch up abit:p

sharon
Ryan still on milk strike ah...
I already stop trying to give bottles. he will take FM either with straw or spoon. I also stop pumping since almost everyday is pour away one. somehow Kiiron will eat/drink more if I feed, maybe I will sit there and wait for him to eat even if it takes 1 hour!

Weishy
wah! 1000ml... my boy takes less than 500ml and most of it is "hidden" in his cereal. So maybe drinking actually only about 120ml... and I already felt the pinch of buying milk powder.

Hi Sharon

Mine rejected bottle too when I went back to work after maternity. But after 3 weeks of tugs of war with the bottle, he accepted his fate.

If he drink 100ml of formula milk, I'll be over the moon! Great, I shall try mamil gold tomorrow! Actually receive this sample last week, bt strangely no scoop found in the can. They gotto to mail me.. In the end can't wait bot another brand. Hopefully all breastfed babies have similair taste.

PiggyToh
Trying to stop gradually... But I think my supply will cut off automatically from the look of it.. Hopefully by then, my Shaun will drink fm. Or else so worried abt his calcium intake.
trying hard to stop..gradually.

Kikilala,
yah lor...really a struggle...sometimes he will drink abit with straw too...I'm worried he not taking enuff mik
but I haf to pump cos he latches at nite...the only milk he drinks...I'm worried if dun pump, then no supply?

Cindy,
hope ur boy will take abit too
happy.gif

if all fails..I will bf till he is one to try pedisure for him
heard lotsa picky children will drink it

Cindy
My boy is on tbf. he is ok with mamil gold and this week I tried similac. ok also. Nan and Enfa no no.
i make his breakfast cereal with the milk to let him get use to the taste first.

sharon
cold turkey means just let him be and dont force or force until he accept???
I tried NUK, avent & dr brown all reject. havent tried pigeon milk bottle yet... wondering if I should get it to try? This weekend got pigeon warehouse sale mah.

piggytoh~i hope so to join in too
sad.gif
wish me luck la,by 16th ug i will let u guys know...roster out ma :p

Milk~actually my girl can drink more le....his age now she drinks 330ml each feed....plus 3 meals wor.

maybe i should cut down his milk intake liao.....but usually his bfast yogurt he can eat 2+one small banana/half small apple.

lunch n dinner~one rice bowl portion...

kikilala,
where is pigeon sale?? i wanna go!!
btw roughly when will shoes reach? one pair i order is here? which pair is dat? wondering if will reach by ryan's 1st bday?

cold turkey means let him go hungry...he will drink when he hungry
but i feel wont work cos he damn stubborn as me....hehee
last time my auntie dun me use my milk bottle...throw into dustbin, from dat day onwards i didnt drink milk till i got pregnant!

dolce> ur gal is really so cute!! even the way she pouts =p

babiesmeme> yeah yaeh. some signs of baby liking ifc is willingness to go to ifc every morning. my boy every morning i drop him there, he so kpo n busy forget to say bye to me. sometimes at nite refuse to go hm. tat is wat i see n makes me feel like he is going to a place he like.

glad u found a ifc ur baby like n u can trust. must better that putting ur baby in a care of an individual - nanny n must kan her "lian se"

kiki> i oso interested. where is piegon warehouse? details of the sale?

Hi Michelle Hope he will be happy and enjoy the place. but this morning She is willing to let the teacher carry him and also smile at her but he "hmmmm" like don't let us go so poor thing...

Piggytoh
ya ha... Changing lor. Tml gt ppl cme my hse see d stroller. Stil very gd condition. Its big one. I cant handle a big one lor.

donkeymami~ ya!!!!!!!

pigeon sale~wanna go too hehheheh teats needs changing but then again wanna let lucas use straw liao for milk :p but dunn whether he can be like his sister or nt hehhehhehe

SBB,
icic gd gd...

Weishy,
wah ur bb n gal can eat n drink alot.. Kyler solid he is eating quite big portion but milk he jus not keen ...

babiesmeme> nvm la. soon he will get used to u dropping him in the morning n picking him in the evening. urs considered good liaos. so big still ok with ifc =p

pigeonsale> anyone going pls update if have snacks k? or those pre-prepared food like porridge k?

Back