(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Joanne, there's quite a few celebrity who gave birth at TMC. You can see their photos in the lift.

I think if there's no complications for your pregnancy, you only need to pay for the vits and whatever supplements the gynae prescribed to you.

The pics will be printed out and given to you FOC...or rather its included in the package already.

thanks irene...if still painful tml..i will go see doc liao

hi joanne, i haven sign any package yet...did not ask for the package prices too...first visit more ex also cos include hubby's blood test for thalassemia...1st 2 trimester...will see doc once every mth only

Hi Irene,
How much is your hospital bill on your 1st pregnancy after give birth naturally at TMC?
Oh u mean... for each visit still need to pay even though we have pay for the package??
hOW'S the service at Thomson when u stay there?? Is it very old place? nurse ok?

Hi Joanne

my 2 pregnancy was at TMC....in 2006 and 2008....TMC is not very old, they upgraded the place and their rooms....much better than b4...as in 2006. the nurses and service is good there. I am expecting my 3rd one now...seeing dr wk tan from WC Cheng Associates.

jermaine, i m 24 this yr, born in jan.hehe..

weishy, no la, i know of other mothers even younger than me..hehe...dun need compare la..ren bi ren qi si ren... =)

Morning Mummies

Today also no mood to work. But i in sales line so still have to go out of office.
Intend to go and find my chinese new year clothes. Anyone know where got sell nice maternity of big size clothes?

joanne
maybe u go spend some time reading the threads on tmc and the gynaes there lor... anyway i always tot the choice of hospitals is secondary to the choice of gynae.. and one gynae's stitches may be painless for one and painful for another (depending on threshold of pain)...and even the gynaes... one might be very professional but might not suit u coz she's the no nonsense type.. and u prefers someone more caring and emphathic.. u just got to trust the gynae u decides in lor.

hehe...its friday for you all, but still thursday for me..haikz..and there is no cny feel here.. damn sianz... =( i miss cny back hm....

jac, can't help I also looking out for maternity wear, anyone has online US websites to recommend? checked out gap and old navy, dresses too long for me. =(

Morning ladies
happy.gif

Gonna sneak out to buy my breakfast again .. chat later
happy.gif

donkeymami & sharon: hello fellow monkeys!! ahahha..

sharon, when u saw ur dr, the position of baby in a ok position right? no etopic right? (In any case, if position not ok, ur dr should have seen it and alerted u yesterday already..)

maybe its ur uterus expanding.. does it feel like menstrual cramps, perhaps a bit stronger?

for me if i sit too long, i get cramps too.. it is relieved if i lie down for a while or change position.. perhaps u try that?

thanks Smurfy, but i need it for monday so i dont think online purchase will be so fast and furthermore tmr is sat.

sharon

did u experience any bleeding? If it;s pain without bleeding, then should be ok. Most of us will experience that. Only if it's with bleeding, then u should go and see gynae.

jac/smurfy: I ordered from motherhood.com before. Prices are pretty reasonable, but I find them sizing still on the bigger size. So u may want to take into account when ordering. Like for me, I wear XS or S before pregnancy. Bought the S from motherhood.com, still a bit loose. So gauge from there...

i also full day... got to entertain some big shot visitors from NCSS later.. (i dont even know who is coming) sian man..

and in my office today only my boss one clerk and me only.. the rest, all not around..

jac,

Or you can try the bugis shop, but they are selling more basic stuff than really CNY clothes. Like maternity pants/berms,skirt,with basic colours. Might not really be suitable for CNY though, but no harm going down to take a look if u r ard that area

No half day declared but was hoping my boss would let us go earlier...hehehehe..Think perhaps she need to go home and get ready for CNY too

Last nite i was ironing my hubby's shirt and when i ironed the pocket area, i saw that there's a bump in the pocket. I thot it's those excess thread which was left there. So i dipped my hand inside the pocket and took it out.

When i took it out, i was surprised to find something longish, rubbery and soft and i took a closer look. Upon looking, i was
2105623.gif
2105627.gif
! It took me a second to realise wat is it. It's a lizard's tail!!!

waah...bugis...i used to love shopping there in my poly days..hehe..

btw, anyone experience abdomen pain when sneezing too hard? I get that pretty often, at least once a day and the pain will cause to curdle up when im in bed, but will usually only last 2 to 3 secs at most...thinking isit I sneeze too hard? but hard to control eh...n my sneeze is 2 in a row kind...lugi worse..

jac,
if you refer to the previous thread, there is this shop opp OG, @ Bencoolen building. its a shop that is pretty messy, that sells everything, from maternity wear to ahma/auntie clothes. Maternity pants cost abt $30 each.

cherrios,

I do I do !!
Exactly same scenario as u. I will try to bend my body and curl up when i feel a sneeze coming up and hold my hand, supporting my stomach. That will help ease the pain abit. But if the sneeze come sudden when im standing, wow can feel the pain but as u said, last oni a few sec..

i feel urinary leak when i cough/sneeze when i have a half full bladder..
sad.gif
last time never do pelvic floor exercise consistently... :/

baby s/ jermaine,

Hahaha .. yah, i freaked out as well. I mean even thou i'm not scared of lizard lah, but still, quite disgusting lah.

So i thot only the tail dropped inside the pocket only, and wanted to go back to ironing the shirt. I touched the pocket again, it seems like empty. But to make sure, i flipped the shirt over and look at it again. Oh no, against the light, i cld see the outline of the lizard's body, without the tail!!!! Wah .. cannot liao .. quickly ask my hubby to settle the carcass.

pegsfur,omg! did you dropped the tail the sec you realized what it was??

babys, go for dresses? hehe..now transition period, no choice I guess. If I was wearing my old jeans, i will wear a longer top and left my jeans unbottoned and wear a belt with it to hold it there. hehe...it works for me..

smurfy, i went down to a motherhood store that day, i realized their clothes online are nicer? those at the stores looks auntish eh...

I will be going for my check up tmr, my last check up was on 27 dec (7Weeks). cant wait to see my baby, I should be able to see the movement tmr as i will be about 11 weeks already.

dolce
i think i will go bugis then if cant find anything then i will go down to suntec. Basically today is shopping day for me..haha

cherrios
that's why alot of us end up going online to buy maternity wear, b ut sizing is always a big big issue (hard to guage)

pegsfur
yah the lizard thingie is horrible....eeeks... i would have screamed out in fright ... u still iron clothes? get a part time helper or ask ur hb to iron lor :p. i rmemeber i used to sit down on a chair and level the iron board to the loweest level to do ironing in my 1st pregnancy, coz i cannot stand for so long in a single position (would feel faint then)

cherrios,

Of cos!!! At first i thot it's cuttlefish leh ... den it took me a sec to realise it's lizard's tail ... alamak ... quickly threw it away.

smurfy,

My hubby dunno how to iron clothes. I still can handle lah cos i seperate the clothes to be ironed in 2 days instead of 1. But i think i'll get a pt helper when tummy grows bigger
happy.gif

pegsfur... i was about to ask where the body was then.... eeee.... so grooss .... but to have cuttlefish in the pocket also weird lor. Good thing u neve smell or taste to see if it is really cuttlefish...

cherrios, i dont have many dresses to begin with leh.. cos not easy to find in my size.. i took out some of my clothes that i kept from after i lost weight.. but still too loose.. so now my jeans that i wore 2 months ago, too tight. THe jeans from when i was even fatter still too loose... every 3 steps must stop walking and pull up pants.

hmm...i realized on my side the forum seems alittle lag, like I don't see you all replying the earlier post but I see the latest post, then when i refresh then i see the earlier post...weird...

dolce, i still thought something wrong eh, how come sneeze also will pain... =(

jac, i going for my NT scan tmr...1st time doing scanning, wonder how big my baby is..hehe... before this I never scan AT ALL! just hear the hearbeat once, that was last week. so excited! can't wait for tmr to come...

babys, hehe...i understand what you mean, now before I go out I also headache, dunoe what to wear. last time is spoilt for choices, now is really nothing to wear! *sadz*

Hi everyone,
just wanted to ask. Is is the case that after detecting the baby's heartbeat at 6 weeks, the risk of miscarriage drops significantly? Thanks

Back