(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

Lamagier, just found out from her that the distribution is most likely after CNY. so I think we order from her la..herewith is my order:

HAPPY PF 01 Happy Puffs -Apple 2.1oz(60gm) $6.90 13-Nov-10 QTY: 2
HAPPY PF 02 Happy Puffs -Banana 2.1oz(60gm) $6.90 2-Mar-11 QTY: 2

HAPPY MT 04 Happy Melts-Strawberry 1.0 oz (28 gm) $7.20 6-Mar-11 QTY: 1
HAPPY MT 05 Happy Melts- Banana Mango 1.0 oz (28gm) $7.20 1-Mar-11 QTY: 2
HAPPY MT06 Happy Melts - Mixed Berry 1.0 oz (28gm) $7.20 6-Mar-11 QTY: 1

Etirto,
Ok. We go order together. Twinkle wan join in?
Anyone else? Let me know by Friday nite ok?

dino mum,
The 18-55 f2.8 alan/dino dad recommend is Sigma or Tamron? Can auto-focus on D80? Am looking for a lens of that working distance... cos too lazy to move myself around using a 50mm prime... And 50mm prime sometimes can't fit in all babies when doing group photo... haiz...

HBB,
Haha, I lend you when I buy. So you end up with 50mm prime or the kit lens when you sms me you got 'the body & the lens'? I wan play with your new toy!!!

lucky never order from diaper.com, my gf said she ordered pacifier but they give huge giant box with lots of stuffing inside. Gosh. but their stuff is good

Etirto,

ya it tablets. you can put the pill in you bb mouth (it will disolve with saliva) or you can disolved it using water then you feed your bb. But for me it feed her directly with the pill
happy.gif

ETirto,
I only ordered from the spreeist in the overseas spree section and collect from them, so far the price isn't very inflated by the shipping. Can probably email a few of the spreeists doing diaper.com spree and ask them about their experience with the packaging since most of the time the shipping is via air thru vpost/cgw.

The puffs expiry is okay, just that there were a few people upset about the close expiry of the cereals, and being said to be a current/latest batch.

hbb/etirto, he got cut by a cement mixer. Got dump truck and oil tanker everywhere. So no matter topple where also will get cut....haiz. But he loves these toys. So wun keep them...jus gonna supervise when he's playing.

Jes/chiyojade, i think boys are indeed slower. Can't imagine all the bbs here can walk accept my boy still crawling next time hahaha... Of cox there's exceptional case like K who's really an advanced learner. Lucius used to call a lot of ah-ma and mamamama when he's in 5th mth. Then suddenly turn 6th mth, his bb talk totally changed...no more mamamama already
sad.gif
Made me happy for a mth!!!

hbb,
maybe white balance is off? We play around on sat. Haha, I lend you my grey card to calibrate. I bought during the class but dunno how to use... still in untouched =p

Still thinking to bring my compact or not cos only pass to my aunt next thur. Cramp up Sharon's pool with an additional photographer inside...

lamagier, I think T-rex mum also want.
But now I'm having dilema, really want to order myself from diaper.com as I want to order california baby items also, their stuff there is good and cheaper... I sent them an email asking about the packaging, if the answer is positive, I will help you all to order (out from this forum). in the mean while, just note my order for the BP. only that the melts we got to order from BP lor...
there are cute stuff that I want to order from the web:
http://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=23704
http://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15549
anybody come accross of this products locally?
this is a big disadvantage of staying at home = online shopping.

TJE, wanna order from shopbop? send me yr order by tmr

Etirto,
OK. I'll hold the order first till Monday or till you can get an answer on the packaging.

By the way, I was trying out combi sippy cup (green colour) on MR yesterday. The silly girl was having a lot of fun letting the water accumulate in her mouth and gurgle. (*shake head*) But cup is pretty good, leak proff. Also bought the straw and the cover so can change over to straw cup when she's ready for it

ok, in the mean while you can email me when you want to order anything from diaper.com. they carry lots of nice carters!

lamagier
if u wan to bring then bring lar hehe.. else we jus shake leg n explore my new pet LOL

etirto
i tell u i q w edna for 2.5 hours.. nothg much inside! cos bags all sold out left the huge n heavy ones.. then q for another 2 hour jus to pay 2 set of bb clothes.. no dresses for them thou!

tje
ehh dun compare edna w juen lar.. no good... when juen is ready she will eat cereal! im sure it b soon

ETirto,
oh you just tempted me... I've been wanting to buy from diapers.com for a few times, just always hold back cos spreeing too often ler... wait for me! I'll go do my shopping list hehehe. By the way you doing sea freight or air? Oh btw, I wonder if I should buy the Maclaren seat pad, so I can just wash the pad and keep the stroller seat relatively clean, is it worthwhile?

The Foogo bottle hor, I don't recommend to put hot drinks if drinking straight from the bottle cos it's a thermal bottle, will be very hot, but otherwise I think it'll hold cool drinks very well. I got the sippy one with handles, didn't let her use cos I've nv given her cold drinks, and she likes her drinks warm, don't even drink room temp water unless super thirsty... notti gal.

Oh, you ordering the puffs? still need me to bring the banana bottle to the playdate?

sam, yes please. I will get the banana first from you. you have my email address right? I will order (CONFIRM!) from diaper.com tmr afternoon. email me before 4pm ok? I think as long as we fill up roughly 1 standard their shipping box, should be ok. as for the puff, I will discuss w/ lamagier whether it's more worth it to buy from diaper.com or not. I think since the melts is not available there, might as well get everything from BP. the difference can be $2 per canister though, coz there is 10% coupon which I hope can be used. And free domestic shipping. I will use VPOST (by air). no sea container coming la...hahah...Targeting to reach here on the third week on Feb (after CNY), their domestic shipment is super fast. 1 day delivery.
Foogo, I will only order the non-thermal one, which is the transparent with straw for normal drinking water. so tempted to buy the non-spill thermal food jar also, but it's out of stock. when our babies start to eat porridge, it will be very usefull as I always go out everyday...The color is so pretty. bp selling at $36 liao.

Wow, another week is about to end!!

Yuli, I forgot to tell u, 2 things I got fr daiso that I love: a wooden spoon the shaped like a curved knife, the curve-out side to press good thru sieve, the curve-in side use to sweep food aft it's been pressed thru the sieve.. Another is mini egg beater, really cute, canix well when making instant rice cereal, no worry for lumpy mixture.

mini egg beater? I've been wanting to go back to daiso. eh you said wanna go IMM with kitty ya? let me know when, ok?

Sam, Metro is selling Foogo right? how about tangs? do they have the food jar?

ETirto,
I don't know about Metro and Tangs, but I did see the food jar once at Robinsons (Centrepoint). The content inside I don't think it's very big though, so I ended up buying a Thermos thermal jar with a handle, so easier to hold on to it when I feed her. I always worry about the chance that she might kick or wack the bowl/jar out of my hand when I feed her.

Yes kim, when are we going to IMM together? You got your high chair already? I also need to go popular and get somethings. Next week ok? Or too near to cny?

Sam, you have bought things thru amazon before right? I need to check with you some things cox i need to get something fr there.

Kitty n Elsa, we can go walk around in imm next wk.. I manage to get the book I wanted fr popular.. Also got a hand me down high chair.

Re: book-- diet theraphy for infant
I went popular bras basah this pm, n the book just came in, n they hv a 20% discount starting today!!

Re: daiso
Elsa, I went to the one in vivo, first time I went it was out of stock

Elsa, if I go vivo to chg k's bottle teats before we meet, I get one for u ok? Let u know if I can make it before my weekend trip.

Hi ETirto - sounds like Naomi is still teething, especially the increased night wakings & crying when feeding part.
The lower central incisors are the first teeth to erupt. Usually erupting quite close together time-wise, but a few weeks apart also possible.
Molars at the back not possible to erupt now but much much later. Altho tim also confuse me cos he likes to rub the molars area at the back with his fingers.
I don't use any teething gels at all
happy.gif
prefer not to.

Re: Teething
My dino also boh geh... jus like the head, botak... aiyo...

Chiyojade,
I saw ur pic on the front, top-left hand corner of the Strait Times... Searching high and low for the Mind Your Body section in my office resting lounge, fighting with the male colleagues for newspaper to read it but jus cant find it anywhere in the lounge... urgh!!! u know if there's any soft copy online where we can read that article?

Re: Baby first word
The first person my dino call is her granny... always shout out "ah ma, ah ma..." when she's hungry or need help (cuddle, etc)... I guess the last person dino will call is me... haiz... bo bian coz i'm not the primary caregiver...

Linsu, think u and me v alike leh... keke... Dino has her ah-ma or daddy, stacia has her tehteh... the poor us look so helpless at times...

TJE,
I havent let dino try durian yet leh... next time u buying, can i topang buy some also? I let dino try try... keke... i hope she loves it, after all i ate a lot of that during preggy... She's quite a T-rex, seldom eat vege/fruits, always meat, meat & more meat... next time for LNT or swim class, I ask dino-dad to cook extra portion of frog-leg/pork/fish porridge and they can share... i get dino to show ju en how to open mouth when spoon coming...
happy.gif

lamagier,
dino-dad is using Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, he bought it at ard $620... Alan using Tamron 28-75mm f2.8... D80 has autofocus motor, thus no problem using lens w/o motor... we have the 50mm prime len also but never use it, always been kept in dry cabinet... dino-dad loves to use his Tamron len, like u say dun have to move up & down and dun have to keep switching lens with that working distance... Personally I dunno about Sigma len coz most of my friends/colleagues (even those from Canon clan) are using Tamron len for that working distance above...
I love the Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 even though its v heavy...
btw, i replied to ur email... let me know if u need the stuff...

HBB,
u bought a brand new set? from Alan Photo? wat freebies they give u? Like wat lamagier say, most prob is the white balance issue that the colour is weird... use ur live view mode when adjusting the white balance with ur surrounding colour, easier this way than compare the colour (white balance) from the small tiny hole and the surrounding... Oh yes... the good thing about D90 is live view mode...
happy.gif

Etirto,
I still prefer the Wakodo or Pigeon biscuit than the Happy Puff leh... coz Happy Puff too tiny le, dino-dad afraid dino will swallow instead of biting it...

japa,
dino started eating tofu (plain/egg) at 4 months...

dino mum
yes got a new body and the new 50mm lens.. ehh din get fr alan poto cos the other shop gave a better price =p
about 80 bucks cheaper.
ok letmi fig out bout the white balance

ehhh the live view got disadvantage
if im not wrong aft 1 poto w live view. it auto convert to video mode!!!!! sickening!

oh ya dino mum
happypuff got its advantage
its goot for mible skill.. the kids need to learn to pick things up w the thumb n index finger n etc... so good to let her try it out hehe..
no worry swallow whole pc lar cos it melt rather fast when touch saliva.. jus watch her eat n monitor... i dun allow edna to eat alone.. not becos i scare she choke.. is care she dirty my floor n chair! lol

HBB,
where u got it from? Orient?
jus use the live view to fix the white balance problem, after that switch it off... try not to use live view when taking pics, else it seems like using a compact camera... looking thru from the tiny hole when taking pics from a DSLR seems so pro... keke...
have u tried the video mode? we still hate the video function till now, so difficult to use...

ehh thr is this shop call SDS poto at the corner on lvl 1 facing burlington sq.

oh ya using the view finder is more accurate than live view
yes i try using video mode.. not bad!!!!

Etirto,
Can I share some things from diapers.com? I want to get BPA free Avent pacifiers..they don't sell them in Singapore. If yes, er...where/how to collect from you?

Kim,
I must make a trip to Daiso!!! Maybe next week! :)

Dino-mum,
Don't think got soft copy anywhere! LOL! Sorry lah!

Happy Puffs - I LOVE them. Yann is a greedy little piglet, so I put him in his chair, break a puff into quarter/thirds, pop one into his mouth and then let him pick them up by himself while I prepare his milk. It keeps him quiet and most of the time I find the puffs on his hands, on his stomach, once above his eye, etc, etc..and if it falls on the floor, my furry vacuum cleaner (little dog) is MORE than happy to lick it up. He actually walks around Yann when his puffs time hoping that Yann'll drop something on the floor! LOL!

Eh - you all very professional camera people!!!

HBB,
i tried the Happy puff myself and compared it with the Pigeon, I find Happy Puff difficult to melt with my saliva leh... thats y i scared... i put 1 puff at her chair and she pick up and pop into her mouth, never saw her chew and the thing jus disappear... I assume that she jus swallow it, scare me and dino-dad...

SDS photo? hm... never heard of it... have u check their reputation in clubsnap b4 buying? till now, me & dino-dad always get alan or other more "pro" friends to accompany us to Sim Lim to buy camera or lens, given both our goon-du face, we sure kena "chop" by them... next time can show us the video mode? not many of my friends using D90, thus no one to ask wrt video function...

chiyojade
LOL good vacuum cleaner u hav thr!

dinomum
hahaaa ok lar i understand ur worries... hehe...
ehh i scout ard see price ok then i take.. im quite ok cos i did check quite thoroughly plus w warranty.. shldnt have problem bah?? LOL

Good evening mommies! How are you? Long time - been busy at work. But from today on, I have 2 whole weeks off! Yippee!

I see we are discussing everything from food to birthday parties. I will jump right in. First up, birthday parties. Aiyoh, TJE, really party planner? I think you can do a pretty decent job on your own, no need for a planner lah. Suggestion for theme: Instead of princess or barney or sesame street type theme, I did a color theme for #1's 1st birthday, which was pink and green. I also rented some toys (party pack) for that few hours and the biggest hit was the ball pit (for our little ones) and the slide and rocker (for the older kids).

I am sooooo happy brown rice paradise opened an outlet in siglap centre, I just splurged on some biscuits and stuff for the kids while my girl was in Kumon. Oh we caught a play at the esplanade too - pleasantly surprised how not crowded it was, what a huge difference, there was not much traffic, it was easy to find parking, and we managed fabulous seats despite arriving ten minutes late. I strive to do weekdays more from now on and stay home on weekends! Not that I will manage that, to be honest, since there are so many birthday parties, babies' full month and what not to attend.

Anyone went to the Burberry sale today at the expo?

Kitty,
email me what you want to ask me if not convenient to post here. most of the time I pick merchandise distributed by amazon.com, cos there are shipping savings/options. Unless the item is dirt-cheap from another distributor, I rather refrain from buying that item cos you are likely to incur shipping charges from that distributor to your shipping address. Sometimes worthwhile to check if other online stores carry the item you want to buy, cos there might be discounts from them that are not available on amazon for that same item.

lamagier, great! my mum stays at lavender. i can pick up from you on sunday.
happy.gif

Happy Melts-Strawberry 1.0 oz (28 gm) $7.20 6-Mar-11 QTY: 1
Happy Melts- Banana Mango 1.0 oz (28gm) $7.20 1-Mar-11 QTY: 1
Happy Melts - Mixed Berry 1.0 oz (28gm) $7.20 6-Mar-11 QTY: 1

hbb,
i think grey sets means they buy cheap cheap from other country (my fren explained like msia and Philippines sells cheaper than in Spore) then sell at slightly off market price in Spore. But no warrenty. Think cos clubsnap some people do that, then lie that it's their own set that they seldom use and warrenty expired

twinkle,
Ok! Taken note of your order. Will let you know when it arrives!

cecelia,

Wooooooooaaaaah!!! Toddler's tantrum huh... This is a new approach. Not sure if I could pump up to the same energy level. Maybe I'll use the rod method first.

Back