(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

Hi all,
Went to taka baby fair yest.
Share with u all wat I've bought with my taka card:

1)Bon Bebe 4 in 1 baby convertible cot $300+(Free bedding,fibrelux mattress)
2)Musical mobile $20+
3)Additional foam mattress for my #1 $50+
4)Pigeon wide neck bottles Small x 3( exchange my old avent x 3 for less 50% discount)
5)Pigeon cotton balls
6)Kotex Maternity pads x 1 pack
7)Baby mittens
8)Baby mittens + matching booties+ hat set
9)Avent #4 teats x 2 pack for my #1.
10)Newborn blanket

Total spent:$480+

Hi Mrs C,

i'm also delivering at Mount A... my EDD is on the 20th July... =D wen's yrs?

ladies, just wanna get some advice... actually is it too early to get the bb stuffs now for me?... like clothes and bibs and stuff like tat?

Hi mummies, anyone has bought those musical swing for your bb before? I'm thinking of getting one....but not too sure whether they are long lasting anot.

Hi all,
May I ask if anyone of you buy baby carrier or baby sling? Which is better for newborn onwards(especially for both father's and mother's use)?

What brand is good and recommended - for either baby carrier or baby sling?

Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback!

Hi Peanut,
Congrats on your bb boy!

Hi Sam,
Wow. You are really determined shopper... Me & husband wiped out after 2 hours at the bb fair.

Hi Kitty,
I'm not getting anything like cot mobile, swing, playmat or jumparoo. Husband said all those marketing at are targeted at mummies, bb don't know how to enjoy them. I sampled the swing and jumparoo on my 7 month old niece at the Taka. I realize she already barely fit liao. Decided it's not wise to spend too much $$$ on things they outgrow so easily.

Hi Candice,
My sister bought baby carrier after trying out on my niece at the bb fair. Said she tried bb sling before, couldn't get use to it. You may want to wait till bb born then bring bb to select which one you the most comfortable with....

Hi Mummies,
Just to share my total damage from the Taka fair (thank goodness my sister had the taka card....) I think should settle more than half of my bb shopping liao
Total: $556.02 (after $61.77 Taka member discount)

(prices are before the Taka member 10% discount)
1. $425.15 Britax Royale Car seat (for newborn till 4 years)
2. $95 Pigeon Sterilizer (Nearly went for the popular Avent one, but my sister said that one is harder to clean. Said easiest to clear was UK, followed by Pigeon)
3. $11.76 Pigeon bottle cleaning detergent
4. $19.50 Pigeon bottle cleaning detergent refil pack x 2
5. $12.72 Pigeon BPA free 120ml milk bottle
6. $3.92 Pigeon teat & bottle brush
7. $18.90 Pigeon baby wipes (pack of 6)

And a little stuff toy, a newborn cap, cotton balls, safety plug for power sockets and safety rubber thingy for furniture sharp corners.

Re: Maternity Pads

U can actually use normal pads. Maybe just get the night wear type. No need to buy the old Kotex Maternity pads that still uses the string. I seriously dunno how to tie that thing. Hahah.

lamagier
u really think far ahead. Our little ones won't be needing safety plugs & the rubber protectors till they can crawl. And that's probably when they're at least 6mths. :p

candice

ask your hb if he minds the sling. Coz some men do. The carrier might be better for both sexes but can only start to use when the bb is a little older.

Robinsons' Expo Sale confirmed start from 19 March!

Will be a good place to get cheap bb clothes.

MrsC
I prefer romper when they're a bb coz it covers their belly nicely. Dun need to worry abt their tummy being exposed due to our carelessness.

But when older, i prefer 2 pcs coz they outgrow rompers very quickly. 2 pcs can last a very much longer time. Like my boy, he's still wearing some t-shirts & shorts which he started wearing from 6mths. And he's three now! Save money...

Thanks lamagier, i think you are right....think bb can outgrow that easily. So many things to see at the fair that hb & i totally blur, dunno where to start..haha.

I oso saw the same car seat as you yest but hb still considering.

happy.gif
was dead tired shopping mid-way yesterday but hubby going to spend the day at the golf course today, so he's trying to make up for not keeping me company, by egging me on thru the shopping. Beginning to lose sight of my feet, now that my tummy is getting bigger, and though
happy.gif
not that much wider atm. Trying to buy liberally with the rompers, and more separates, more towards front button type so I don't have to lub over the head too often. But dresses for girls are seriously hard to resist. Best deal I got for the Richigi brand is 2 for $5.90 at BHG. These are good enough for often changing at home. Probably going after more pieces for going out.

By the way, the free gift for the big spenders were all out at the fair yesterday, so they gave gift bags of safety-1st drawer latches, cabinet binders, a small packet of baby wet wipes, kleenex tissues, a pair of pigeon breast pads, and a stationery set for the redemption.

Re:Maternity Pads

I bought the Kotex adhesive type. Not the one with loop. I also don't know how to use the string to tie.

I just bought 1 pack since so cheap cos think thicker pads more comfortable for my episiotomy wound. Better cushioning wear:p

RE: Belly support belt

Anyone bought belly support belt to try? I saw it at pigeon section at Taka fair.Didn't buy cos don't know useful or warm or not?

Hi Mrs C,

For the newborn, esp when the umbilical cord is still attached, I like to use the button and tie-ribbon type of shirt. I feel that onesies that snap-on at the bottom may pull on the umbilical cord. Also, when there is a poop leak on the back, which is very common for BF babies, it's easier to change out the shirt without having to pull over their head. I use onesie and rompers when we go out so her tiny belly wasn't exposed
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Seem like most of us r excited of our bb n spent a bomb at e Taka fair. I went Take fair on fri and sat. I spent about $200.... I shld be almost done with my shopping, except gt a few loose items here and there.

Here's a list of what i bought:

1. Pigeon steriliser
2. Avent newborn starter set
3. Pigeon laundry wash
4. Pigeon bottle cleaning detergent refill
5. 2 pants and 1 set of rompers for my bb gal.
6. 2 Johnson and Johnson body wash
7. 1 Johnson and Johnson shampoo
8. 1 Thomas & Friends pyjamas for my #1
8. 1 VCD (Jay jay for my #1)
9. 1 DVD (Little Einsteins for my #1)

hihi

hahah... have been there 3 days in a row!!!!
:p

here is my total damage! almost $300!

1. Avent 260ml bottle set of 3
2. huggies NB diapers - 2 packs
3. huggies s size diapers - 4 packs
4. pigeon cotton buds - 2 packs
5. pigeon nursing pads - 2 packs
6. pigeon travel wipes - 6 packs
7. pigeon biscuits (for #1) - 6 packs
man and the list goes on.... at least mine were all small ticket items as the big bulk will be using back #1 stuff... especially clothes. :p

hi mummies,

I went down to Taka again!!! Spent $500+ for the following items:

1. Britax Royale Car Seat ($424.15 b4 discount)
2. Combi carrier ($135 b4 discount)
3. Huggies NB diapers ($7.70 b4 discount)

I went to apply for the smart cash card but didn't have a chance to use as they asked me to wait for 4 hrs to collect the card. Luckily my sis has the Taka credit card which she never use before and heng ah can be used
happy.gif

One thing which made me unhappy is the Avent counter. I wanted to buy the ISIS IQ breast pump and they told me the stock for baby fair finished (they still have stock but wanted to keep for other events). Really fed up and nearly bought the medela swing...but end up didn't buy...

Hi Mashy,
Haha, cos my maternal instinct running wild and I couldn't bear to spend $$$ on the larger items for bb, so go buy more practical stuff to make up for it. Only more silly thing I got was a $5.90 furry hippo toy. Come to think of it, bb won't probably be able to play with it till much older....

Hi beverly,
Yah, the Avent counter quite duh. I wanted to buy BPA bottles from Avent, but they were fully sold out and not going to restock. SO I got pigeon instead. Luckily my sister was with me. Said TMC will give a few 90ml glass milk bottle, told me just get 2 milk bottles, one for milk & one for plain water. The rest buy when bb bigger and roughly know which one suits bb better.....

Re: Shopping
Wow, see lots of shopping conquest list. I guessquite a few of us have bought quite a few of the big ticket items already

haha. wah, this taka bb fair really damage our pockets! keke...

Coming weekend is the Robinson' Expo Sale... jeeee.. more damage?

Hi All

Wow... bad damage done to some of u ladies pocket!! I spent mine at IT show instd as i have no taka card so can always return there next week to check out what other remains are available..

Hope the Robinson Expo sale be good next week.. I havent got anything in the mailers thou, so isit confirm on 19th March?? And which hall any mummies know?? Really glad have u mummies here to update all these savers deal... if not pocket really burn... heehee...

Re: Side Pain
Just to check. Anyone still getting stretching pains at the side of uterus? I though the pain should be subsiding by 5th month, but for me it's worsening. I have pains on both sides, from above pelvic bone to rib cage area. Feels painful, like bruised when I press on it. Can't stretch from side to side due to pain.... Still occasionally get those sharp stabbing pains like those in 1st trimester... Sigh..

Colleague sitting next to me came in this morning and said he suspects he caught the latest wave of super flu. His family all down liao. Sigh.... I'm already think I ate something wrong yesterday and puked 3 times this morning. Think not likely to escape from the flu bug liao

lamagier,

My pain may varies with yours. I didnt have a gd slp yesdae nite, woke up 3 times. Once was at 2 plus as i was super urgent. visited the toilet and thn was feeling hungri. however, was super tired so went back to sleep despite having the hunger pangs. Then, woke up again at 4 plus as I was still craving for food. Ate apple n my gal was super happy. Kick mi so many times after i ate e apple. Bt, my 2 disturbed sleep was also due to my back pain. I was tossing and turning. Dont know if its due to weight gain. Have backache often these days n cn feel e pain when i tried to stand up.
Anyway, e third time was due to my boy having nightmare. He was crying in his slp and wana to stay with daddy and mummy at hme. Coz, since birth he has always been staying at my mum place. though we visit him everi other dae and even make e effort to bring him back.

Hi Sheryl,
haha, yah. Our pains quite different. I'm a pig, I die die refuse to wake up unless really really urgent call of nature.

but I don't know if the back pains now is it due to normal pregnant women having more chemicals to help loosen joints to prepare for bb... been feeling back aches too.... like I have been out vigorosly exercising the day before. I just flip between right, left and back throughout the night... whenever feel pain, switch side then go back to sleep =)

Hi Lamagier,

I am also damn shag, bt while sleeping I can still have my craving. Think my bb gal is damn shag now... only kick mi once since morning.

I think my pain not as bad as yrs. Bt like you, I will flip and flip just to get e right position.

Morning mummies,

Seems like i spent the least at taka fair! only $50 cos i have yet to get a drawer for my bb stuff so dunwant to clog my room. I bought a sarong sling cos i may get to use it if im out by myself without my hb around. Might get 2nd hand playpen from my hb uncle given that his son is oredi 2 yrs old..save $

Hmm.. maybe i will get some rompers for outdoor and some seperate for home use. Bought a diaper cover so dun have to wear bottom during the month (easy to take out as well).

OG orchard point seems to have promo for Pigeon Steriliser at $99 with 4 new bottles (2 small and big each).I'm still considering Nuk and Pigeon.

Jeslyn, my EDD is 14Jul(though i keep asking Dr Ong if there is a chance for the date to be earlier..)

lamgier

For past 2 weeks i was already feeling dodgy, restless, sudden pangs of pain and stretching thruout the night which wakes me up every other hour.... plus on the urgency to go toilet is really making me so restless.... i thought its just me but seems like quite a few of us goin thru the same symtoms..

mrsC
i also only spend about $60 at the fair and redeem $50 using vouchers. so i paid only $10+ i also have yet to clear my space, hence decide 1 bag is enuff. dun wish to clog so many bags also. maybe when im 24weeks and onwards
happy.gif

roughly hw many bottles are all of you getting for current? or is the starter kit enuff? my fren told me to get just the starter kit. but told me that when we freeze the breastmilk, we cannt put the teat in to freeze, hence it have to be covered. and i saw none sell jus the cover alone, hence we need to buy the breastmilk storage bottle also. which means abt 7 bottles. afraid will be quite wasted leh. as when they are new born is abt 40oz onli and they will start to increase veri soon. can any mummies advise?

pprincess
u can use milk bag to store the milk if u need to freeze.
or buy the storage cups(use more freezer space thou)

HBB
i did thought of using the milk bag previously. but my fren sae i waste money -.- but i tink if bottle, also waste money once baby grow up. mayb shall consider the milk bag instead
happy.gif
thanks for ur advise!

its quite a waste to use milk bag but for hygiene reason its better. anyway milk bag gt many kind.. buy lasinoh one.. which is cheaper off the web. n it dun get freezer burn.. some brand i heard can get freeser burn and then milk cant drink liao.

to save the bag.. freeze onli if u gt alot of excess la.. use up the whole bag instead of half filling it.
if jus a mere bit.. fridge it and drink with 24 hours will be good

u gotto play ard with the steps to saving the milk n the bag aft tat u will get in tune n used to it liao

btw i read somewhere tat storage cup can onli freeze for a certain number of times. then cannot freeze liao duno how true.

HBB
bcos im going back to work after maternity leave hence need to pump out during work mar. but heard from my fren that once taken out from freezer and warm up, cannt freeze back animore. so not realli sure wad i should do

mrs.C

Yup OG OP will have this pigeon sterliser promo..
They alos have the Thermal flask promo.. 1.6l ones only $36.. i'm getting that for my red dates tea.

i was asking for their Avent promo.. well only 20%.. the price end up similar to Taka's price without Memeber's discount.

I guess I'll wait a bit more.. maybe GSS.. keke

pprincess,
best check with other mothers who gave birth at KKH (you are giving birth there right?) Cos hospital may give milk bottles too. And check if got freebie bottles to store breast milk thrown in with purchase of pumps. Then can avoid buying too many bottles.

hi MrsC,
Taka Pigeon booth also got bundle starter kid + sterilizer (think about %137) but the free milk bottles not BPA free> I asked if can upgrade to BPA free bottles, but the sales person said cannot. So I never went for the bundle deal....

hi yan,
judging by response, it does seem quite a few of us getting pains. Cecelia got leg cramps, I got side pains, sheryl got back pains etc.... Only MTBs can understand.... My 2 male bosses gave me the "Where else are you not hurting look" when I started grumbling about pregnenacy discomfort....

lamagier
yea, i saw that BPA free bottles doesn come in bundle and are much exp. saw a 40oz avent BPA free bottles selling at $15+ at kiddy palace yesterday.
i did check wif my supervisor who jus gave birth last yr she say that she dun think that dey gif out free bottles bcos dey didnt offer. and she is gifing me the pump and she told me tat it onli comes wif 1 free bottle. hence need extra to store.
sometimes i feel that ppl may tink that pregnant lady are gifing excuses to be excuse from work and certain jobs, hence alwaes complaining =x

Hi pprincess,
My bosses are still very nice, always bother they stop and ask me how am I and how's the baby growing.

But I think being men, they assume women like to complain and exergerate about every little single discomfort. Cos I said not well, but still working away, so they prob assume I'm just complaining for the sake of complaining....

pprincess
yes once u thaw milk fr freezer cannot refreeze again

eveyrone have the prob of using milk bag lar
i dun work but if i gt excess i still need to store n freeze in bag.. same kind of problem

Hihi! Sounds like many mummies bought a lot at the Taka fair. I also signed up for the Taka card and then used it to buy stroller, carseat, sterilizer and many smaller items.
Save a lot! And the stroller is so much cheaper at the Taka fair, I even got the Taka rebate instantly ($30 voucher) and then went back to the fair to buy the rest of the stuff I need.
Very happy lol.

Mashy, need to update also, I am having a boy. Just did my detailed scan. I think baby did not like the ultrasound.....kept kicking on one side during scan.

hi gals

i am also a jul's mtb
happy.gif

like to check w u whether u all bought special(better quality) shoes for yr own feet? cos those shoes that i bought made my feet v tired...feels like walkg on the ground naked...

is clarks a gd brand or any other suggestion?

btw mummies, any ideas if allerhand diaper bags any more 30% discount in isetan? i went during the pte sale last thurs. there was. but now i nt sure still applicable anot?

hi bao bao

tnx! any idea where i can go and shop for it? suntec has one branch? or it is clarks...hmmm..

or it has warehse sale? think just over...

princess

if your bottles is the avent ones can get the sealing discs at the avent philips at tpy or at first few years. coz both places sell the sealing disc. i got mine from the first few years shop at paragon.

lamagier
aiyas, male boss is like tat. my boss also -.- when i tell him is a boy, he guess is girl, he keep staring at my tummy. then i tell him stare to much also cannt see thru. then he kept commenting that my tummy veri small. veri not observe. and kept herping on it. tat's male boss i guess? but my boss rather young lar. onli 12yrs older then me. FYI, me onli 21. so he quite young. hahas!

HBB
i guess nw is whether milk bottles or milk bag storage will both encounter the same problem in this case. jus tat milk bag causes another problem which is wastage lor. tink realli need to consider.

elijah's mummy
thanks! mayb i wait for the philips sales then go and get my bottles =p cheaper and can get everiting also. and sales definitely much cheaper. rest of the items i tink i rather wait for GSS which is jus so near awae to buy.

elijah's mummy,

thanks 4 the info. was helping 2 ask 4 my gf. shd hv help her 2 buy during the pte sale.

Back