(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

Createjoy,
Yes rota must finish both dos by 6mth if not no effect.

Artist / Jackie,
My girl is not in school yet, I suspect she cough cold coz sometime my mum forgot to off the aircon and she only wearing holey tee.

ops forgot to say, I'm EC_mom (hua_jing)
happy.gif

jam75: hmmm... slowly ba. it took me sometime to shed my weight too. still got another 5kg to go for me. i was told to drink 2-3litres of water daily before 8.30pm to avoid water retention. we get water retention when we dont drink enough water. go for daily walks in the park with your bb? might help too. i love the ginger cream. did not encounter what you have mentioned. maybe you are allergic to it ba. my hubby say i make the whole room smells like massage parlour. hahahaha.

poo so often in one day huh? normal poo or watery like lao sai? if normal poo then dont have to worry. as my pd says bb are like us. some poo more often and some less often. if you worry, check with your pd on next visit lo. my boy previously on similac & partial bf, poos every 3 days then stretch till 6-7 days... so i tried to switch him to friso & partial bf recently. poo more often now. like once 2-3 days.

toffeecat: becos of the mac...hubby everyday ask me eat mac... wau lau... i dont want to put on weight/fats again leh...
sad.gif
i have all the colours but all colours got 1 missing one... sianz.

i think vaccines are not a total prevention from getting certain virus rather it just helps to make the virus infection mild so bb wont feel so sick. my cousin's daughter took chicken pox vaccines still gets chicken pox but is very mild. just a few dots and no fever/itch. ya. just take lo. prevention is always better than nothing.

11_beans: M112 is the sentosa cove one is it? everyone looking for that one la. hahaha!

i went to the weaning talk last weekend and learnt that you can just use a sive to make purees. very economical and can bring anywhere cos lightweight and small. hehehe. just like to share with all.

artist thks for the link.. so i guess now too late foe jayden to have his rota haha save $... pray nothing happen!! touchwood!! so many vaccine available if everyting tk wow cost 1-2k..

Sigh jayden also slight cough, yday read brochure then start to worry it's those "100 days" whopping cough that is very dangerous to young infant. pray we both recvr soon! sigh poor mami wear mask while dai cm home dont wear mask wn he is the culprit!

btw jayden sometime shit 3-4 time for few days at a go then go back to his 1-2 times a day. i think something is not qt right but dont think it's harmful mayb was something we ate... as long as he look alert & happy i dont bother that much..

<font color="0077aa">hello mummies, sorry MIA so long..just came back to work fully this week so busy catching up with what's going on.

tried my pumping routine, i pump 3x a day, each time 20min total and getting 120ml. today trying to skip 9am pump and go for 12noon pump, hope can get 2x120ml. although only pump 20min i must set up pump and clean abit after that, total take about 30min..silly to feel bad about it, i know, cos baby more important but hate that sometimes ppl look for me and im not there. till now the secretary still hasnt laminated the poster to hang when im pumping. sigh. i pump in the pantry so got people go in out all the time, i just cover with a shawl. first day got no letdown at all, but since monday it's been smooth. at first feel awkward, now i just relax and heck-care.

missed the last gathering cos alya wasnt feeling well, heard it was really good. anyway looking fwd to the next one.

ahnet, you working already now??

re menses: yah mine still not here yet. but i read as long as you latch alot, it'll be delayed. if u do exclusive pumping or very little latching, it'll come back soon.</font>

wow caramelle u pump wn pple walk in &amp; out?! any males colleague? so u still latch wn home is it? i exclusive pump since 2wk leh period haven come, is it i not fertile type? does having menses earlier got anything to do with being more fertile??
no letdown means u pump no milk out at all?...

i thinking if jan go back work he already weaning can i just pump twice a day no latch, just 2 feed hope can help his immunity abit? any one has any idea will it be possible?

hi mommies,

been mia for a really long time. started my work 1 mth ago n ever since then my milk supply has drop tremendously.. will be happy enof to have 300ml per day
sad.gif

start shopping spree again n were looking at Naforye Baby Products &amp; this Wean Machine before, i wonder if any of you tried them before?
i thinking of buying the wean machine coz lazy to clear up the mess of using blender :p anyone have shortcut to share?

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3162499.html?1256801143

MaryG, haha same case for me, currently also got all colours and 1 missing each. i also want the sentosa cove one!!! as for weight gain/loss, i usually don't finish the fries, so think won't gain much bah. just worried abt macs not being nutritious so try to make up with eating more fish, meat and veg the next meal :p

dolly, u r welcome. can i ask where u r gg for ur holiday? been wanting to go but seems like logistics is a headache.

createjoy, think as long as still feeding bm immunity will be boosted. are u worried abt the milk supply stopping or?? i saw on the recommended menu that they will still take a lot of milk till they are one. wake up feed, morning snack, afternoon snack and nite feed. so i might still keep pumping during work if the work load is still ok.

<font color="0077aa">createjoy, yah they walk in out but not all the time..my office quite small only abt 25 people so when im in there for 30min, mostly got 1 or 2 person go in. got male colleagues and yest one of them was wondering why i was moping in a corner..he asked if i was alright?? hehe..today i showed him my sign so he said now he understands..yup i still latch when im at home because need to keep supply up since she's on total BM. no letdown so had to squeeze until dry, when got letdown milk like spraying out...

re milk intake, after 6mths u intro solids the milk feed will drop abit cos replaced by solids. when you're at work ask caregiver to feed solid before milk so minimise baby milk intake but when you home, offer breast/milk before solid so they also fill on your milk.

i dont intend to start weaning till 6 mths, PD advice plus i want her to fully benefit from BM.</font>

<font color="0000ff">MaryG

no lah.. i looking for M122.. not M112.. haa..

going for the smaller one.. haaa anybody got it? we share the prize lah.. hehe</font>

<font color="0000ff">slight fever from blocked/infected duct i think.. sian..

times like this make me feel like stopping the pumping... haiz... damn pain!!! shoot.

but i'm gonna persevere!!!!!!!!!!! hehe</font>

wow lau caramelle spray!! sigh so envy, i never had spray unless it's 8hr interval or i squeeze it. otherwise it's drop by drop.. N i persevere to pump 5 times a day to meet 5 of his 6 feed.. sometimes only meet 4 feed. just try my best but cant lazy tk a break at all..

11beans watz 122?? i just ate today. got amk, marina, milkshake and i think another 1 is robinson but with my sis. oh block again?? jiayou!jiayou!

need the wean machine meh?? dun look very differ from my pigeon food maker...? my mum bought a $8 chopper that a container just put in turn &amp; turn then everything is chopped.as for storage i think i use the hospital btl haha or heinz btl dun intend to mass produce.. scare my fridge many raw food ..

toffeecat: Going back to my hometown
happy.gif
I'm from HK. So although house very very small, accomodation is free!

caramelle: I'm curious, what is written on your "sign"?
My milk also won't spray one, only driplets... but I still can get around 100x2 at each session, so just nice for my baby, and now some more nanny started to mix his milk w rice cereal.

11_beans: Jia You!

Createjoy: Wow, you give me an idea! Maybe I can use those bigger glass bottle to put food next round ....

babycow: Yeah saw your name at another spree thread... haha, I also buy quite a lot these 2 weeks leh!
The wean machine looks good, but a bit pricy leh for that few pieces of plastic ;(

caramelle,
yeah, me started wrking le lor...damn sian... surviving the first week of wrk.... been going to suntec nursing room to pump everyday... damn sian too.. but bo bian lor.

how are you recently? wah, wat's written on the 'sign' while you are pumping??

omg, i din know dat exclusive pumping will reduce the ms wor and will have menses... no wonder mine came.. sucks man.. and i only latch a while at night liao wor... think must latch more at night..

11_beans,
are you feeling better now? fever ok le mah?

mummies, pls take care of urselves, recently alot of ppl haf been having flu lah, cough lah..so take care of ourselves yeah!!

Hi mummies,

just got to know of this forum and would love to know more mummies and join the gatherings.. My baby girl Marilyn was born on 16th June'09, have an older son who is already 8 years old... yup, huge age gap but a blessing to have my girl. Gor gor has been very affectionate to his little sibling and not selfish(thank goodness!)

my girl is also on BM and now i pump 4 times a day, planning to introduce cereals when she's coming 6 mths.

the toughest part for me is to start the regime of waking up at night to feed my girl, after a lapse of so many years... whoosh!

but definitely great feeling to have another baby and enjoy every bit of her milestones!!

our concern now is that she drinks little, till now, she takes only 90 ml, at an interval of 3-hours, weighs abt 7kg...

createjoy, laminate bb pix then can stick all around the house lor.. trying so hard to resist the urge of buying the canon photo printer now coz need to wait till the nxt it expo sale for good bargain..
been taking pix with fuji instax but the photo paper &amp; batteries is so ex

bbmarilyn,
my boy also drinking 90ml only. also weighing 7.1kg at 4mth 4 wk old...
happy.gif
try to force feed him, he will vomit out after a while.

babycow,
i use munchkin grinder. quite useful and cheaper than wean machine... haha but more exp than the $8 chopper.

createjoy,
i wanna see the chopper too. quickly upload pic. ;p

ahnet &amp; bbmarilyn,
my son took 140ml FM at 3/4hrs interval but he is only 6.9kg when he is going to turn 6 mths in 2 weeks time.... hehe... so to me 7kg is good liao..

any mummy using NUK BPA free bottles? how much is per bot? are they available at kiddy palace? seems not able to find it leh

Oh my mum bought the chopper from OG $10 not $8 heehee not sure if it's on going but got website in the box. &amp; i also got the pigeon food processor from a mummy at WTS at $3.50
3176668.jpg

3176669.jpg

3176670.jpg

3176671.jpg

3176672.jpg

Artist, where did u get that Munchkin grinder? Have been looking ard for that for some time. Didn't see it at kiddy but saw a sieve thingy by Farlin there. I wanted to see this grinder before deciding which one to buy. How much did u buy it for?

bbjun,
i got it from toa payoh's branch kiddy palace @ $17.90 (if i remembered correctly). i think those store with munchkin product might have the grinder... this is good for grinding small amount of food as i only make a small portion of food each time because i dont want to make large portion for freezing.

createjoy,
thanks... gotta check it out. ;p

Thanks, Artist. I was looking for this yesterday at TPY's Kiddy Palace but didn't see it at all. I will drop by there again later to try to look for it again.
Like u, I dun intend to freeze baby food becos I prefer to make small quantity n let him eat fresh! That's why looking ard for such devices and trying to see which is a better one.

hi bbmarilyn
my girl is also taking average of 90ml per 3hrs.. sometimes will take more up to 130ml or so.

ahnetsan, I also got my menses on monday. first few days seems like a lot of flow. i'm pumping only twice a day (at most) - about 6am &amp; 7pm. each time only adds up about 110ml.

also having flu and MC for yesterday &amp; today. all mummies do take care.

missed the gathering... it must have been fun!
happy.gif

hi creamer
by the way, i had checked out the TCM at Pasir Ris West Plaza that Shelisa mentioned. I went on Tuesday.

I bought Similac 1 (the old formula) at one of the two shops for $37.50.

I didn't ask the other shop though, but the other shop had an offer for GAIN (step 3) 1.8kg selling for $49.80. Good for mummies who have older kids, as I think NTUC is selling for $54+.

dolly, i see
happy.gif
enjoy your holiday back at your hometown. your parents staying in HK and seeing their grandchild for the first time? now i'm thinking of gg for a cruise or a short trip maybe without my gal.

the munchkin device does look interesting. think i'll go check it out too.

artist,
they use those contactless thermometer in my kids' cc. U need to check if u can get the reading immediately after pressing the trigger. shd be just point n shoot n quite accurate. the price quite comparable to ear thermometers.

weaning = more work for mummy! need to puree/sieve until very fine. can't find those round biscuits at the small fairprice outlets. so bought brown rice cereal.. will wait another 1 month or so coz rice cereal quite filling.

createjoy, are those chopper the spinning type? like salad spinner? quite useful for the kitchen.. but my mum bought me a blender already.. she's been buying quite alot of stuff for my home! feel like so pampered!

ooh did i read photo printer?? I have a Canon Selphy one.. quite nice to use. 30 cent per print, cheaper than printing at some outlets. I heard that the Kodak prints are more ex.

toffeecat, u can try cruise. short n very very hassle-free. can even ask for heinz baby food or milk powder but only certain brand. I took the Virgo last yr, we push our strollers everywhere on the ship n can go back to room anytime. but if u go for shore excursion or just own time own target, quite tiring. I wanna go again but to Redang. Wondering if we can stop there for more than a day.

ahnetsan and annticipating,

thks for sharing, we are concerned as our gal's milk intake is little and her weight percentile is 50% when we brought her to PD for 4th mth vaccination 2 weeks ago..

and dunno is it teething as she didn't sleep much these 2 days and drooling alot. She used to poo every 4 days, but last night, she pooed 3 times in a row...

artist, found the grinder but didn't buy. It cost ard $25. I read the instructions on using there and found it a bit complicated to install the parts and dismantle. Have you oredi used it? Is it difficult to assemble and dismantle?

bbjun,
the price increased already? i bot it last year i remembered clearly it cost me less than $20...

the instruction looks difficult but it's actually quite easy to assemble and dismantle. it's just the screwing of all the grinding parts together...

bbjun,
were you looking at the munchkin food set which consists of the grinder and fresh food mesh feeder? maybe that would cost you more...

i also bought the fresh food mesh feeder but my elder son dun really like to bite on it.

artist,
I see. Price must have increased n by a lot! Good thing is that I can still get discount cos got kiddy palace card. Will do some more looking ard over this weekend n decide which one to buy. Thanks for the feedback!
happy.gif

Hi moms- been MIA in preparation to go back to work *sigh*

dolly: are you planning to go to HK soon? I'm hoping to go back too.. but a little unsure about the flight and h1n1 problems. But at the same time, I would love to introduce my daughter to friends and family, and shopping! I hear that there's a bigger variety of VTECH toys
happy.gif

Do let me know if you find any interesting tips on flying and things to buy in HK!

ahnet, babymarilyn, artist: I think I beat you all. My baby is only 6.1kg at 4 months,2 weeks. Total BF, half latch, half bottle.

I haven't brought her to PD yet, but I think he will just say "nature will tell you if she is hungry"... *sigh*

I'm thinking of mixing formula, maybe she will gain weight better, what do you think?

babycow: Yeah, that laminating machine looks interesting

toffeecat: haha, my parents came when Kendrick was born, but still got to bring back for the rest of the relatives to see

tiggerkaitlyn: Oh, you also from HK huh! hehe, what's VTECH huh?

tiggerkaitlyn, just to share, my girl was less than 5kg at 4mths. I asked PD if baby is underweight and whether I need to mix bm with fm. PD said nonsense, baby's fine since she's hitting her milestones, just continue with TBF. I've come to realise too that there's no point making my kiddo drink more or mix fm, just for the sake of seeing the number on the scales go up. It's just a number, what matters most is that she's developing well
happy.gif
Hope you have a smooth transition going back to work.

can i check how many times your baby wakes up at night for feed? i still feed my baby twice, but not cos she cries for milk, but whenever i see her fidget, i will feed her, prevent her from crying... anyone doing the same?

Dovey: My boy wakes up 2 to 3 times too, we only carry him out for feeding if he cries, else just try to pet pet him to sleep again

dolly: VTECH is the brand of those electronic toys, similar to leap frog stuff maybe? There is a small selection at Taka toy section, but my friend said she bought a lot from HK Toy's R US

Where will you buy winter clothes for your baby? I'm afraid it will be very cold in hk!

Back