(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

sallen, meeting at marina sq..

i will be taking bus.. think my only bus will stop at suntec and i will walk over.. u want to meet me to walk together?? then we can get lost together?? whahha

Porky > I'm at 642. Where's 636? is it near Ang Mo? haha...been living here for 5 yrs still dunno the pl well. Or what's ur LRT station? Mine is at Kadaloor.

chocolat, i'm not sure of the exact term.. but i know pple who have G6PD cant eat alot of things. peanuts is 1 of them.. they will carry this throughout their life.. and usually the kids they have will got it as well..

Last Gathering before we pop

Venue: Hotpot Culture Ala Carte Buffet #02-138D (near to Thai Express - quite close to Center Stage)

Date: 19 March 2009 (Thursday)
Time: 6:30pm onwards (last order at 9pm)

Attendancees:
1) Shers (will reach around 620pm)
2) 915
3) Adrienne
4) Adv_sports (630pm)
5) Feb_mum
6) Irene
7) Muffintop
8) Okipoki
9) Porky
10) Sallen (will reach around 4pm)
11) Joyce
12) Yvette

shers think i will reach early leh..coz goin for therapy at 3pm..then will take taxi direct from camden medical centre to marina sq..u wan me to pick u up anot..

Shers > I see, so G6PD is a hereditary thing? is different fm gout right?
Wed is also a see my son day but tonight my hub cant make it so have to change till tmrw lo...
I havent met most of you except okipoki (a personal friend) & adrienne at Taka fair. Can u add me at facebook or let me know ur email I add u. Mine at [email protected]
happy.gif

hoops&yoyo > need to grind the brown rice? Actually what is the purpose of drinking brown rice water during confinement?

shers, muffintop

think i wil go shoppi and wait for u ladies at suntec,
then we walk together to marina sq.haha..and get lost together.. )

Shers - Sorry, can't go, my gal very attached to me ley, wans me to put her to sleep every nite and dun tink I can get home before 9pm (her bedtime).

I'm sure we have a chance to meet in the near future since we stay so near to each other.

hi mummies ,

im selling off some items, do PM me if interested:

1) MEDELA MINI ELECTRIC (single breast pump)
-only bought in mid FEB, only used once, sterilised and back on box. giving baby FM so no longer need pump
selling at $150

2)PIGEON - Breastmilk cooler bag (brand new)
selling at $48

3)PIGEON - nursing pads 36s (unopened)
selling at $9

4) Huggies ultra newborn size 24s pack (opened), used 2 pc baby outgrow lia.

left 22pc selling at $5
-

self collection at mrt station (sembwg, admiralty, woodlands)

chocolat- ahhhh.... so ya the pretty mum i saw at the taka fair... keke.. blur me.. still dunno... lol...

porky- mm.. receiving mails ok wad? if their offers are good plus its wad u need, why not buy?
happy.gif
beats searching ard for the milk...

adrienne, yea that's me....was in a rush for time that day... well, we're all pretty mummies, aren't we..haha! Seriously u dun look like u are alrdy a mother of 1.
happy.gif

ok, I'm off to Ikea to chk out cabinets for bb. Can't find anything I like at Toyogo... Chat tonight...

hi Lily,
The red dates water is the basic drinks that we need to drink during confinement period. You can get the instand packaging one from supermarket or chinese medicinal hall.
Mine is prepare by MIL, she usually brew with longans or other ingredients but still the same purpose, and not so sweet compare to the instant packaging one.

Chocolat,
The brown rice water, my friend say is more effective than red dates water, also to prevent water retention. since is commercially available, so i intend to buy the instant one alternate with red dates water to drink lor.
unless my MIL is willing to brew the brown rice water for me too
happy.gif

piggypig, i got my vivikids baby cot @ robinson centrepoint @ $299 -- mattress size is 28"x52"x4"...

lily, the material of the deco wall sticker looks ok. i intend to paste it over white color wall in my room or baby's room -- haven't decide where to put the baby cot
happy.gif
maybe u buy 1 set to try first?

muffintop, me, too, m lactose intolerant.. still haven't try any of the mum milk... so far no adverse reaction when u drink 0.5 scoop? did u add any flavour like milo?

i tried half a cup of chocolate milk twice a week for the past few weeks... this week, i increase dosage to 3/4 cup and starts to feel indigestion
sad.gif

re: sling
great to have joyce to demo
happy.gif
i haven't bought the sling... but think i will need one when i m alone to take care of bb for 3mth after confinement...

adv_sports
I used to drink Anlene low lactose until they take it off the self.

i take 1.5 scoop similac and no adverse reaction. I took enfa mum, full dose once and end up whole day xxx. so my calcium intake now
daily - similac 1.5 scoop
daily - milo fuze (but will have a one time effect)
starting HL milk at night (cos getting warm and feels good to drink cold milk and no side effect)

What brand of choco milk u drinking? think those not lactose free, that's why i also lau with milo.

muffintop, thanks for sharing...

magnolia has a low lactose choco milk -- m drinking that... but think i can take half a cup at most...

right now, i hv anmum, frisomum (vanila) & similac mum milk -- all unopen... my mum asked me to mix with milo to "drown" the milk taste... and hubby has been urging me to try...

my calcium intake is via pill daily -- 600mg dosage...

adv sports

Do you think the calcium pill is good enough ah? cos i started on the calcium pill after i stopped anlene and my nails cracked.. so dunno if i was absorbing

Hi Shers and all mummies... I wanted to join tmr's gathering but I can't at the last min due to work commitment... is this the absolutely last gathering
sad.gif
We still have one mth to pop so hoping for the next get-together...

muffintop, my gynae prescribes calcium pill coz i cannot even take soya milk... so far, i dun hv cracked nail -- should be absorbing bah... also, i try to eat more calcium rich food like spinach, broccoli, tofu etc.

Last Gathering before we pop

Venue: Hotpot Culture Ala Carte Buffet #02-138D (near to Thai Express - quite close to Center Stage)

Date: 19 March 2009 (Thursday)
Time: 6:30pm onwards (last order at 9pm)

Attendancees:
1) Shers (will reach around 620pm)
2) 915
3) Adrienne
4) Adv_sports (630pm)
5) Feb_mum
6) Irene
7) Muffintop
8) Okipoki
9) Porky
10) Sallen (will reach around 4pm)
11) Joyce
12) Yvette
13) Sharon
14) Jaime
15) mikojade

Of course we welcome everybody to join in... hehehe..

sallen, too early for me le.. me knock off at 530pm wor.. think u go walk ard.. maybe u can meet porky since she is taking half day..

whoever wants to meet me at suntec, call me ok? most will have my hp no because i got email back..

tinkles mum, think this is so called the last gathering already.. unless we meet up in smaller group. because some of us will pop by 3rd week or 4th week of april.. nvm la.. u meet me la.. hehehe.. i'm available on mon, tues and thur.. hehehe wed and fri r visiting my gal.. weekends r reserved for family..

hi all! i'm new to this forum. i'm a first-time mum and my baby is due in mid-May. hoping to find some friends here and get some advice on motherhood.

Shers,me too..i knock off at 530...i will call u when i am there
happy.gif

Tinkles, yeah i think can always meet in smaller groups or do another round of gathering with babies in 6 mths' time...like a celebration at one of the function rooms somewhere also can
happy.gif

Hi Shers, 915, I am popping in late May (EDD) - think i may be the latest among you guys so yeah for sure we can still meet!!! Thurs are good for me too esp now that my prenatal classes are over
happy.gif
You can add me to your msn/facebook? my id is [email protected] - easier to keep in touch. Thank you.

hi ak ! nice to have u here ! my edd also mid may..which gynae are u seeing ?

shers, i not bringing the sling liao...cos my bag very small...hehe

915, 6mths seems good for the next gathering...at least baby is bigger..easier to handle right ?

tinkles, can i add u to my fb too ? hehe

Hi Mummies,
just came back frm shopping kekee
happy.gif

adv_sport,
later will tell my hubby first, cos i like the design. Want to make theme "Winnie The Pooh" for my princess
happy.gif

Piggypig,
yes got coupon n can buy cheap for that item at coupon
happy.gif
Like playpen with coupon only $88 but i still prefer to get cot.

i also dont know how to view the May MTB FB group.. now facebook change profile already.. me even more confused..

I can't access FB in Ofc.. think you can goto group>list all your group shd be able to find if you already joined. else, search for group name to join.

Lily> found anything u like in Ikea?

Joyce,
Im not going to ikea today. Just rem got drawer liner Winnie The Pooh so i go n buy lor
happy.gif

Got go aussino also but nothing to buy already, buy shoes at Mothercare for my girl only got piglet n eeyore.

if its not troublesome for u, u bring the sling and show some of the mummies how to sling.. i want to know the piggyback style..

but dont think got bb to demo le.. hehehe.. maybe can use a bag as baby?

Back