(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

queenie, yah agree with guest123..your hubby so sweet..brew birdnest for u..hahha i asked my hubby "da bao" dinnner for me, he lazy go and order pizza delivery. BEST! ahhahaha dunnoe can rely on him after birth wor..kind of worried coz nw household chores also i take care.

kome, wah alt. days ah...like tat also siong wor..haha..i also seldom eat vege. dun like..haha during my 1st tri, i ate the vege all taste like mud. hahahh esp. spinach dunnoe why..my dad says i have weird bud taste.

hi fairymoss, ya, my 1st BB so very excited
happy.gif
I hope for a boy but then so long as healthy normal baby can liao. That's all I ask for. Next week going for 1st trimester test where they test for down S.

Kome
ya, you can afford to eat birdnest every alt day..? as often as you drink milk.. keke..

Mummies
lucky at the start me and hubby sharing household chores.. nearing delivery we will sell our house and move back to my PIL place and we will hire maid.

<font color="#C8B560">pinksorbet</font>
oh, that's bad. normally, I bleed also no cramps. but still got scared if see the blood drip out. so how are u now? ok or not??

<font color="#C8B560">Kristen_mum</font>
welcome. think dunno why most mummies here got complications - bleeding is the 2nd times mummies. dunno why second preggie is getting tougher. I also felt that easily tired, restless etc.

Eu yan sang phyisican not cheap loh. as what Ma Kuang chinese physcian mentioned, the an tai medicine had already been donkey yrs liao so it is harmless to bb. it is ok to take unless one is not confort with. but just to take note not to crash yr intake of chinese medicine with western medicine.

<font color="#C8B560">SG</font>
yeah, ppls fr medicinal hall also advise not to eat ginseng. eat it during confinement mth.

better to seek for advice. kind of werid to feel heavy below. do u have any spotting?

hmm, me first time, heard of enfamama and taste like coffeebean hot chocolate hmm...gd leh. dunno we can take so milk in chocolate favour cos got coca leh.

re:herbs. I took cordyceps, bird nest and pao sheng every fornight from 7mth onwards.
taking bird nest helps to make bb skin smooth and fair. taking coconut from wk 37 onwards will tend to clear away lot of messy thing when bb is delivered.bb will come out much clearer. easy to clean.

for cordyceps, I cook using small lean meat (of cos, must rinse it with hot water first to get rid of the extra thing (dunno what's that call) after cooking) and double boil it with 7-8 of cordyceps then for 2hrs.

during my first preggie, when I went scanning, my gar is either use her hand to cover her gential, lie sideway or use legs to cover. so sonographer got hard time telling the gender until 5mth and then 7mth then confirm bb is a gar.

<font color="#C8B560">fairymoss</font>
my frenz told me that placenta only can determine whether it is low lying or not only in the third trimster. dunno how true.

re:birdnest. normally, I will place less rock sugar into the birdnest and place 3-4 pieces of pao sheng into it. last time, i run out of rock sugar then just cook like tha with pao sheng.

Wish a boy, SG &amp; Guest
Heehee....not quite like bird nest, so sometimes remember than drink don't remember than never drink. I kapo all the bird nest from my mum's and MIL side. that time only had drank abt 2 boxes nia. I not that rich to buy so many also.

re: bird nest

think take alt week should be fine ... i rem that my mum alt birdnest with some dark soup heehee only rem that i had to keep passing her the money to buy those tonic. i oso drank alot of home made soya bean milk =)

my son is very fair ... until my boss say that he is like snow man hahahaha but my aunt who took birdnest has 2 kids who complexion v good lor even teenager hardly see them pop pimples one.

afcai, u taking pao sheng &amp; cordyceps in 7mth? so tat means can eat pao sheng (ginseng) but at later stage? haha..

yah at first i also worried the taste i won't like but later realised it taste like hot chocolate..but dun smell the powder hor, coz gt fishy smell as it contains DHA.

your ger cute or wat..cover the genitals hahahha..mine best ah! switch the position and show us the back for wat? my fren said my bb "throw temper" coz i din eat good breakfast tat day. ahhaha but can see the spine and all..bb so cute hor? can turn here n there..super busy inside.

kome, kapo from MIL / mum or wat? haha...
i used to like chicken essence but during 1st tri, my mum force me to take a bottle of essence everyday till i see also scared. heng i drank only for 1 week + then stop liao gave excuse will vomit hahaha..

seabreeze, home made soya bean milk..wah sounds nice &amp; nutritious wor. =) i heard syo bean milk also good for bb's skin. but not too much of soya bean curd..

Kome : U take those bottle bird nest is it . That one high content in sugar so better take less . The good one are those self brew one .

Me also take bird nest late 2nd trimester onwards , weekly take so think take around 12 - 16 weeks of that as my sis bought them for me as her colleague told her is good lor . Since buy liao , MIL help me to cook , at times with pao seng and at times with rock sugar . At times I take cordyceps which MIL cook for me . Ya around wk 37 onwards , I also take coconut as MIL ask me to take lor .

SG ...

yap my mum will make alot of soya bean milk then fill it up in the mineral water 500ml type so that i can drink 1 bottle every morning.

but think now that my #1 is a handful ... i wont get to have homemade soya bean milk liao. now i drink vita soy heehee

mummies
i prefer the double boiled birdnest. bottle one not so good leh...

Seabreeze
I think drink freshly brewed soya drink is better. Be it juice or drink or birdnest.

Me too prefer home boiled birdnest as they are not so sweet .

First 2 preg I also bought those freshly brewed soya milk without sugar and fresh milk and drink a lot both my gals skin is white white lor .. but this 3rd preg like cannot drink lah .. drink liao want to puke .. sigh ...

guest123 ...

my mum v 'lazy' one heehee so she cook in bulk then portion out for me. unless its the hot dark soup tonic ... for birdnest she oso portion out so that i can drink it for a week. but i suspect cos scared i vomit out the exp stuff hahahaha

but my house nearby never sell the fresh soya bean milk ... my mum will buy for me if she passes by the stall otherwise i make do with vita soy.

Wish a boy
Yup, i took those bottles one. Mum and MIL not so hardworking to cook for me to eat. I also don't know so easier to take bottles one.

Seabreeze
Fortunately our family loves to drink soup. so mum willing to brew anything for me if i inform her early. She is not the best cook but a good cook to me. My aunt in law oso called my mil to brew this and that for me .. hehe.. Last week PIL gave us ( i think it meant just for me) half dozen of bottled birdnest.. hehe... I guess birdnest and tonic soup should not be a prob for me cos both mums will do for me..
happy.gif

Actually can boil the birdnest in slow cooker. so you can do it yourself on weekend when you are home... Just that i lazy. cos my mum can do for me.. haha

sometimes i wonder those mummies on forum is it having similar job scope as me.. so xing nang...can "chat" so often.. haha..
Everyday i start work, hopes the day ends soon...
Eating my claypot rice fr geylang in 2 hours time.. hehe

afcai,

My Gynae don't have package de...It's pay by per visit.

Re:BirdNest
I already started eating BirdNest with "PaoShen" during 1st Trimester until recent 2-3 weeks my MIL stopped brewing, cos I told her too early eat BB also cannot absorb...
Anyway, Don't know why heard PPL says that "PaoShen" not good for mummies...my MIL was told by the medicinal shop that it is good for "Qi" (Strength) and cures breathlessness...it helps a little for me leh..i feel "sronger"...

You are so 幸福. Its good that some one can cook for you so you will definely take it. If ask us to cook, will feel so lazy and might tell ourself next time than eat. Haha.....Maybe until deliver also never eat.

Seabreeze and Afcai,

Thanks for sharing. Personally I feel should be safe to take the chinese herbs prescribed by my chinese physician but my hubby is strongly against it. He kept asking me whether I know what type of herbs they are using and whether I know if they are safe to take. On one hand I feel safe and trust EYS but on the other hand my HB is strongly against it and I also dont want to be blamed for everything. Therefore, I think I better not take the herbs..sigh..wasted my $$ leh..not cheap lor..

BTW, is it safe to take chicken of essence now? I thought of taking it to improve my tiredness. I did not take any of these during my 1st pregnancy as I was not so tired then therefore dont know whether can take or cannot take during the 1st trimester. I am now 11 weeks+.

Oh, I was told by my chinese physician that we should avoid taking "Dang Gui" and "Chuan Song" during pregnancy as it will affect our placenta. We can take them after we have delivered.

So ladies, take note!

Kome
This is one of the fortunate part lah..ya, if ask me to brew i will be too lazy. maybe buy from dragon brand. they have pure birdnest in a bottle. i think just take 1 table spoon will do. I think i saw one at vivo.

guest123 ...

so lucky .... only my mum knows the tonic stuff ... my MIL side dun drink one so even when i was preg with #1 - NOTHING from her lor think only chicken essence when i pop

i lazy lor ... my house the slow cooker only use to cook porridge for my son hahahaha

kome, drink from bottle also convenient mah..haha...feel like it just go to the fridge and pop one bottle. =) brew? i tink leave them to mum / MIL ba..lazy wor..haha..

Kristen
There are no prob to take original chk essence without the heard one.

Heehee....for me don't let me take birdnest i am more happier. I won't purposely go and buy one now. Maybe buy just 1 box in late 2nd trimester or will try to see if mum or MIL side still can grab some or not.

SG
*High 5* same thinking as you. They gt brew than we drink, never brew don't drink lor. :p

Kristen / Guest123, dang gui is for nourish and circulate blood flow..its good for women after menses. as for chuan song is the reddish round round like leaves herbs...its norm. with dang gui, dang sheng, red dates + gou qi zi for chicken tonic soup or those herbal chicken we eat outside. best is to avoid taking these.

Tonic,
I didn't take any tonic throughout when I have #1. Only birdnest, my hubby spend about $800 plus buying about 16 - 18 pieces I think. Took them from 4th months onwards once in two weeks, when reach 3rd trimester than take alternate week. My girl turn out her skin very fair and smooth...
happy.gif

Jasmine
Really must invest so that BB wil have smooth and fair skin. #1 maybe can spent alittle more, but with #1 and #2, i don't think i will be able to afford so big invest. Last year i also invest $400 to buy bird nest for my son to eat so that he will be more healthier, but now really need to do some calculation to see if can afford or not.

kome, *high 5* back! hahaha..we are the lazy mummy...hahaha
looks like birdnest is really gd for skin wor..hmmm..hopefully we take liao, our skin also will improve. =p

Ya birdnest good one really expensive but think I will still buy lor though it's our 3rd bb .. must be fair to this one also . Just spend less on other things and save $50-$100 a mth can buy and eat for a few week also good .

Kome / SG
Please try not to take bottled birdnest. You may want to check out dragon brand at vivo (if i din rem wrongly). They have pure birdnest only in big bottle at a few hundred i think. you can take a scope once a week.

i dunno how do you all feel lar but i still find that birdnest must drink with the 'soup' then shiok ... eat 1 teaspoon of the concentrated type like very 'bu shuang' heehee

Thanks for your advice. Will go check out. No matter what will still find money to buy some birdnest back to eat.

Kristen
sorry typo error. Its without the herbs one. It is more safe to take chk essence with herbs after 1st trimester. Still can drink BRAND's chicken of essence with cordyceps but not too much during 1st trimester.

Guest, yah thks for your advice. I also share same tots as seabreeze...i dun like those concentrated ones, take 1 scoop each day..like eating jelly very dry. with "soup" better..ahaha..somemore gt risk of contamination, wat if my spoon gt bit of water then can grow mould wor..haha. somemore must finish the bottle within 3 weeks..stress leh, later MIL keep calling and check if i've finish the bottle. =p

haha. my hb quite nice .. he noe how to cook mah. coz oni we two living at hme so on n off he willbrew soup.. bao sheng we can tk.. tk liao will have more energy de. normally put a few pieces and wolfberry n red dates with boiling water can drink liao. good when we are lazy to go boil soup.. hehe

birdnest if wan to buy bottle one can go try EYS..they have concentrated one. one bottle open can tk 1 teaspoon each day .. lao hang ka oso have if im nt wrong..

personally i feel not oni birdnest is good. u can try the beancurd with the ginko.. ginko oso v good for brain development.. and oso good for complexion. or can try hashima?

BP - birkies
sometimes this forum oso got pple collating orders..
happy.gif

SG
u good leh got pizza to eat.. i craving for pizza lor.. but hb prefer to tao bao cai fan for me..

if u all have backaches can try drink the black bean soup with du zhong.. these few wks i having backaches easily and i requested my mom to boil tt for me..

dang gui we cant tk.. but for wad reason i nt too sure..

Guest123
sorry i don have the link wor..
or u can also collate among ur frens and order directly from their website?

queenie, this is my 3rd time eating pizza since i conceived lor. borr..ring wor..haha..all flour hahhah..
black bean w du zong? hmm.....can go and ask my MIL..i've been using heat pad for my backache coz i read from books on pregancy say its one of the remedies..but i tink shld be better tahn medicated plaster ba. i also dunnoe..at least it relieve the ache over nite. =)

jus had my dinner at a zhi char shop nearby... had sweet &amp; sour pork rice.. hee... i dont knw if its me, or the chef... but the moment the dish came to me, i could smell the overpowering garlic!!! its like overdosed with garliC!! omG... had to force myself to eat it... my hubby says he didnt smell it leh... but im sure it was overpowering!! cld even see few chunks of garlic... nw my whole mouth tastes like garlic... omg... feel like puking.... ahhhh

fairymoss,

I tried those packet sweet &amp; sour sauce but dont like it. not real enough. I would probably try ur receipe without the vegetables but with onions and tomatoes.

Guest123, can activate your PM? wanted to send u a PM..

finally had time to log in and read the posts.. so many to catch up... so busy today replying emails. was only away for 1 day of leave and soo many things to clear.. so tiring.. been raining for whole day, so wish to rest at home tomorrow.

Re: bird nest
ya, my mum and relatives keep telling me to eat bird nest.they say it's gd for bb's skin and complexion.. say it's best taking between 11pm to 2am to have the best effect. I started my intake of bird nest every alternate wk.. too ex to take every alternate days.. hahahhaa.. then i will start taking more frequently every wk during my 3rd trimester...

anyway, the ones i took are those xue yan, red house nest which is known to be better than those yellow and white ones. cos red house nest will have "bu xue" effect.. don't know if it's true

Hi mummies,

Wow, the postings here are really fast everyday.

Re:bird nest
For my first pregnancy, I took weekly after first trimester. My girl's skin not too bad. Quite soft and rosy. I bought the average range and brew with pao sheng and rock sugar. Find the bottle ones quite dilute so give me a feeling won't hv much effect. If find troublesome to brew maybe can try the concentarted ones. Think will have better effect. I tot 'pao sheng' is supposed to be gd for bb too. It helps to bu qi.

Re: Chicken Essence
It's ok to take the original ones but not those with ginseng(ren sheng) or dang gui. Cant take these 2 herbs during pregnancy. Learnt during my previous ante-natal class. Forget the reasons liao.

Back