(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

hi AG, im not doing any test. my HB says its not necessary cos im 24. plus my gynae examined the yolk sac at 6 wks and found no chromosomal abnormalities. we trust everything in the Lord.

she didnt tell me when i will be stabilise. but when my MIL was preg with my HB, she also had this problem when he was 5 mths old. he almost came out. i think its not restricted to first tri.

just pray everyday your baby will be ok.
Sandy you worked so hard for him must make your hubby treat you like a queen! next time when your child is older must let him know ur difficulties then he will love u even more hehe

are there anymore young mummies around? i'm 24 this yr...feel kinda weird having a baby...feel like i haven't even grow up myself sometimes LOL

I'm unable to breast feed my baby so want to sell my one month old PIS breast pump.

It is a Medela PIS Advanced 2008 version. I bought it in March and it has 12 months warranty (8 months left). My baby was born end June, so it has been used very few times and only for less than a month. I bought it at about 650 and want to sell it at 400. It is in good condition and comes in original state.

I am also selling the following brand new items
1) Tollyjoy breast pads 48 pieces 2 boxes, each box at 8 bucks or both boxes at 15 bucks. Each box retails at 11.90 outside.
2) 1 pair of reusable cotton breast pads . Forget how much I bought these for, but selling them at 4 bucks.
3) 1 pack of Medela 6 piece membranes and 2 valves for breast pump. This retails at 38.90. I'm selling this at 25 bucks.
4)2 tubes of Medela PureLan 100 breastcare gel.

If you are buying the breast pump and also want to buy the above items or any of the above items, do let me know. I will give you a further discount.

If you are interested in any of the above items, please email me at [email protected]

wah I hope got more cash relief for us. Especially not working very xiong neh. Medical would be good too. Maybe free healthcare for BB till end of primary school. And more subsidy for education especially if stay in spore to go university.

Hehe... I also want more cash bonus... Give my HB paternity leave also no use... Sometimes very difficult to take leave when there are so much to do at work... Maybe medical rebates for jabs will be good too... Injections are so ex nowadays...

Hahah i wish not only more cash bonus, medical rebates those mummy not working govrnment will give them salary every mth for staying at home looking after their children & for those working can choose to work half day but pay still take the same. may our wish come true hahahaahaha

Hi Roxanne and Sandy, thanks for your concern! I tried going into the forum on Thur morning, but could only see blank pages after clicking on 2008MTBs, at first I thought website undergoing maintenance, so I went for my convocation ceremony and only got home at around 10pm. Then, too tired to access, so tried on Fri, same thing happened, did not see anyone online on MSN, so went for my TCM appointment. Sat, went for my graduation dinner, so no time to access. Finally, yesterday night, saw Fat Jo on MSN, she told me to scroll down, that's when I realised the thread is still there. So happy, thought cannot talk to you all and the rest already.

I going for my Oscar and NT test later at 1pm, hopefully can see more of bb today. HB not going, need to work, anyway he only went twice with me among my 5 visits, so used to it liao. Then he tomr flying off and I start work tomor, don't know can tahan not taking morning naps or not, quite scared. I am still having bad appetite at dinner, see the food, don't feel like eating, so eat until very xin ku.

Btw, my Chinese TCM doctor says dun take bird nest as it has been washed by chemicals and even bleached to make it white! I found it ridiculous but my hb also says so, so Roxanne, maybe you want to check it out first. The TCM also says no need eat Dong Cong Cao as too expensive and little use...he said a little pao sheng is fine but must remember pao sheng is cooling in nature, so cannot eat too much.

Thinking about later need to take 4 tubes of blood, scared will faint.

Sandy, I really admire you, you are a strong mummy!

I still have burpings but seemed to have put on some weight, as went shopping that day and a lot of clothes cannot fit. And no mood to shop as feel tired easily, same as some, feel tired after about 30 mins or 1 hr, wonder how those MTBs got energy to go for sale some more, really admire leh.

Roxanne, hope you are coping well with your work. I take cabs most of the time and I don't buckle as feel very uncomfortable, like the seat belt pressing on my tummy, so I usu pull it diagonally only, don't you feel uncomfortable with the seat belt when you drive? You must have had a horrible experience with the lady sneezing onto your hand! Sometimes when I take MRT, I also scared if those pple rushing will knock into me or not, pregnant really difficult.

Hi girls, my hubby found this website and it has a quiz to find out if you are expecting a boy or a girl.
http://www.childbirth.org/articles/boyorgirl.html

Let's all take it n compile the information. If you already know the sex of your baby, then just put your answers and the actual sex next to it. Hee.. so we can see if its accurate or not.
Mine says 66% boy. Sigh i hope its a boy cos my mom is the one pressurizing me.
My MIL is not pressurizing me at all. Though my FIL did ask "so when can know the gender?" Fainted. ha ha

I didnt do the needle test, but i did the ring test.
Share the results with me OK!
happy.gif

Hi PeachMoMo, I cannot do the quiz as some of the questions does not apply to me leh like putting on weight in front or bottoms, I cannot really tell leh , I think it is all over, then I am not allowed to take oranges, not I like or not, so I think will not be accurate for me.
sad.gif

Hi Liting, haha for some of the questions, i also just anyhow hantam the answers. But on Friday, I met a fren (she just bombed). She said I'm round all over so she suspect its a girl. I was like HUH!?!?!

I'm planning to announce it to my boss today. Cos everyone keep saying not fair to keep from him. Fine.. and my belly is getting abit big.
So i intend to phone him later. Sigh.. so nervous.

me friends were telling me recently regarding the Hungry ghost festival... 31st july past midnight cannot go out le...oso 1st august once got sunlight cannot go out cos got eclispe that day and apparantly very bad especially for pregnant women... so all pantang mummies do take note
happy.gif

fat jo, got sunlight cannot go out??? thought is cannot go out when the sky turn dark?? hmmmm very fast is the ghost festival again.

mich: yah oso first day cannot go out at all... it's not after 6pm then gotta stay home. it's midnight 31st july till midnight 1st august. full 24 hours.

Fat jo, clarify leh.. what you mean on 1st Aug got sunlight cannot go out?
Haha your bb maybe not fully formed yet? So its almost 50-50% chances?

michtss, take the test yet?

Gd luck Peach... I'm sure ur boss will be ok...

Emm.. I'm also not sure abt the "not going out" part.. Still to work... May also need to "pray" and burn incense.. But think my mum can help me, so I no need burn...

sandy: juz bad juju.. dunno exactly what will happen or not happen..
happy.gif
jus passing along info kekeke

peachmomo: i'm christian so dun really believe in all this. Juz that i guess being chinese we got our own beliefs and such..
happy.gif

PeachMoMo, do liao think not very acurrate also la cos some question i anyhow answer leh cos i myself also dunno. but the answer is 54% boy 46% gal.

Fat jo, like very scary leh...... but have to work on that day leh hmmmm think i will wear those "bi xie" things to protect myself

any mummies here drink brand's essence of chicken? i drank already have heart palpitations and feeling flushed. same feeling as having drank alcohol; so far i feel like this each time i drink the essence; but i wasnt like this when i drink when im not pregnant.

Fatjo, me christian too. But still chinese la.. So still will want to adhere to chinese belief.

Ha ha Michtss why you anyhow answer? anyway try the ring thing tonight. My ring swing stright first, then swing in circles. So I'm confused. haha!

Hi AG, Im not doing the DS test. Im worried but will leave it to God to give us healthy babies.

Sandy, I admire you, I wont be able to do bedrest! hehehehe.

Mich thanks for the perk up on a monday.. Im hoping for more Cash benefits plus free Medical and Education for our Kids!!! Plus paternity leave which is mandetory for all companies need to give to the husband. Lets all hope for the BEST! Are you planning to work after your twins. Im stressing out on thinking if I shld get a maid to look after my babies.

NicoleG: I heard my mom said now if you want to hire a hire, it will cost a lot more than previously. Something like paying an extra $3000 for the maid's fees. The maid usually has to pay her own agency fees to come to Spore. And this is about $2700plus. Then the agent will deduct from their pay. Maybe you might want to find out more?

By the way, how come you are not going to take the DS test? Maybe you mentioned, but the thread too far away to read. He he..

Nicole G, me 2 thinking to get maid or quit my job but i am tat kind must earn my own $$ to spent dun like to ask from hubby 1 so if i quit my job think i will go crazy on the other hand i dun like the idea of maid looking after babies cos they tend to be careless & not so detail unless u r luck to get a real good 1 but is just like striking 4D or Toto. Shall wait for then the new benefits then decide but if resgin definatly will wait till after i come back from maternity dun waste hahahahah.

mich: really hope new benefits are good. especially for mothers who stay at home. If got extra perks then may consider 2nd child... if not how to survive on single income? Now everything so expensive... but salary still the same.

fat jo, hahahah no la even if u dun mention i will still prevent 1 cos i very 'xiao dan' 1. every time gosht festival i will try not to stay out late + i got a 1yr old gal ppl say children below 3yrs can see those we cant see soooo better play save. haaha. anyway thanks for ur info.

hi ladies, long time nv update liao.Wow the thread moving quite fast here.

Peachmomo:i tried the test but i dun think it is accurate...anyway my results is 65% girl which i dun mind since my 1st bb is a boy...lol...

PeachMoMo and Fatjo: which church are u gals from? i am a christian too.
happy.gif
maybe we in the same church cos my church now a lot of preggies..keke..
happy.gif

roxanne/piggymousey
you two stayed up so late. how come not sleeping? i'll KO ard 10-11+.

fat jo
hope you are feelling ok now.

peggy
either one test is sufficient. unless you are of higher risk.

sandy/piggymousey
you 2 are so young.

mudpie: am much beta thanks.
happy.gif
even beta after wining in mahjong hahahahaha told my friends they contributing to milk powder fund LOL

Hi Babygab, erm.. ha ha I havent been going to church for the longest time. I used to go to this small family church at Koon Seng Road (near Joo Chiat) call ZION church. Its all in mandarin. I've been going since i was a kid.

Now I'm trying to find a normal, nice church to go, cos i want to bring up my kid in the christian environment. There are alot of churches that scare me with their enthusiasm. Ha ha!

Peachmomo wah so ex now meh to get maid... ahyoh how man? We dont have the option of Abortion so Y take the test n scare ourselves..... It was not an easy road for us to have this babies..The pain n $ spent on having them. So we take it from God that what he gives us is a blessing and he will protect them.

Mich, I cannot resign la... How to support 2 kids??? Cannot la... Will sure go mad.... Im planning on moving closer to east near my parents than its easier for them to look after my twins.... Now I stay north they stay east how like that?? Husaband say if get car to shuttle them will spend close to 1.5k just on car, petrol, erp! plus I have to get up at 6.30am!! hehehehe.. I dont know la.. Im getting more n more worried... I will take extra 2month unpaid once babies are born. Hope Company allow la..... So mean if I get maid it will be on the 3/4month la. But how to leave to precious babies to their care?????? How man!! They also only human how to handle 2 crying babies.. ahyoh... Hope the Govt make things easier for us la..Want babies but dont give us incentive or at least make our live easier la..

Wahh I called a few place on the packages for delivery and also seeing Gyny till delivery.. So ex man plus they charge double for Twins!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahyoh!! Headache man. Hope Givt got incentives for Twins/Triplets!!!

fat jo: u also play mh arh? wow find a few mummies who play mj in our thread and hv a mj get together..lol...where u stay? new creation is at suntech the rock is it? the one with super long q???

Peachmomo: I am from trinity church. wana join me? my church is quite nice i think cos i have been to a few since i settle in this one. i was a beliver in 1997 but only got baptised early this year...lol...cos i think this is a good church. ya...they emphasis on children's ministry which is what i want my kids to grow in such an environment too. wana come?
happy.gif

mudpie: are u sure abt the new maternity benefits? if thats true..wow we shiok man! then my boss will faintz! hope it is in ruling before we give birth!! yeah yeah!!
happy.gif

Nicole G, ya lor everything so expensive.....i also cannot imagine my hospital bill to be like this time round faint. ya i heard abt the maid thing from my mum too. hahah maybe the new incentive will come with cash bonus, medical benefits, long maternity leave of like say 6mth & those who got 2 or more bb government will give us a maid hahahahaha sounds good rite. like tat give birth 12 also no problem

babygap: yup the one with super long queue. that's why me looking for another one now... it's too much of a hassle and waiting ard.. not to mention looking for carpark lots.
sad.gif

mudpie: yah man... think once give birth mahjong will be a forgotten past time hahaha

Back