(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

deluxe: have pmed u.=) actually my hb is v concern abt the amt of milk my bb is getting. bec latch cannot get proper gauge. so he dun like..machiam i forcing bb to go on diet like that..

ladies: as i have a undersupply problem. LC suggest i latch bb first then supplement with FM. but now my bb doesnt wanna drink FM after latching at all! does it mean she got enuff?? im really worried & my hb dun like mi to latch her at all! thinking i not enuff! but then my girl only latch at most 20mins..how to tell if bb is full after latching???

sperzz: my boi will choked when using NUK medium size teat, should be the flow too fast...

Today my boi went to see PD, he crying whole day, cannot drink milk, PD said he have colic...poor thing....

mint:

Trust yr own body and trust yr baby too =) She will not starve herself.....baby sure will make noise if still hungry.

20 mins of latch on bf is good, recommended is 10-20 mins this differs woman to woman as the flow may be fast or slow but to kind of get an idea on yr own flow....try feeding yr ger in a quiet room and listen to how she swallows and breathes during her feed =)

I ever read in a book that "its very common to overfeed bottle fed babies" guess what it means is we always rely on the measurements etc...perhaps it best to let bb drink as much as she wants and we also not worry too much providing you monitor feeding times to make sure theres a rough schedule like every 2-4 hours ...
jia you!

ah....I remember the thing I read before!

"Its more common to over feed bottle fed babies, than it is to under feed BF babies!"

It was a in a breastfeeding book I read when I had my first child =)

bb march: I went to see LC 2 times already, once to correct latch and another time for clogged nipple. If u have problems, I suggest u dun wait and see LC asap cos they usually very good to diagnose the problem once they see ur latch. But look for a good one. I can recommend Sister Kang (Mt A) or Doris Fok (NUH). Both are experts, I was very impressed.

Pat: Wow you're taking so many GNC tablets. I only took recommended Greenlife dosage. Now Im wondering if I should up up the dose to see better results :p Cupcake divinity? Thanks, will check it out. Hope its not too ex!

Samval: Thanks, 6-in-1 is for 3 jabs. Its correct right? If so then Ill just see GP opposite my house bah, easier to bring baby.

Blessedmum/ni: Wah, your baby so nice weight now
happy.gif
Cant wait to see how my boy has grown. He is a big eater though he started small.

Anyone knows of a good and cheap place to get a nice cake for baby for baby shower?

When can we start eating seafood and prawns again?

Pat: I have seen 2 LCs so far, the first one told me not to go beyond 15 mins as our nipples might not be able to take it, while the 2nd one told me to pump till I empty my breasts as long as I can take it. So now I take a balance and usually pump 20 mins and then hand express to clear blockage. When I hand express, I massage those areas that pump cant reach, so its very effective to clear the breasts.

Cheekygal: If your boy doesnt wake up you can try "stripping" him to only his diapers coz my bb also like yours tickle him sometimes he doesnt wake up de so the Lactation consultants says to strip him down to diapers and have some skin to skin touch and he will wake up. It works for me, maybe you can try!

Priviledged! Congrats on the arrival of your bb Gabriel! Enjoy!

Whoo deluxe, me also engorged but never pump it out leh now after a while I thk the breast is producing the amount according to how much my bb wants so although engorged but less pain, sometimes the milk drip until quite gross though hehe... its good to have standby breastmilk at least in case you are on medications your baby still have familiar milk to drink instead of having to take unfamiliar formular milk, thats what i read from a book. 150ml per bag huh, I dunnoe if I can pump out so much wor... you fed before express BM? How much does your baby drink each time?

Hehe xpink, not breast useless la hehe, normally if there is no demand for BM (from sucking or pumping) your breast will send signals to your brain to stop producing liao... hehe.

oh baw baw, it looks a little like pimple or acne? My bb has 1 or 2 every few days but it does goes away in 1 to 2 days time... Hope ur bb be ok soon!

bb_march, i think to address Breastfeeding issues, the earlier the better. So do go visit your LC soon if required!

Bluen, there are many other ways of bonding besides breast feeding! Can do tummy time and lie down with your bb too! Bonding as well!

EmQ! Only 1 base for Singaporeans here in AZ... Her husband with RSAF ya??? Then I might see her before. What's her name? So qiao wor cause I met another RSAF wife on the TTC thread last time too hehe...

Wow Ni you went facial!!! I can't wait for my man yue to be over!!! So as soon as Man Yue over can back to our basic routine??? Or do we need to slowly go back to the routine? So shiok play mahjong some more!!!

Mercsboy: My aunt just asked me if I wanna do 30 or 40 days confinement wor! Faintz... Of course 30 days ya? Why 40 leh?

Good morning everyone!!

My birth story is very boring so I probably won't post a blow by blow account here. It's more or less what I described above
happy.gif

A first photo...

2123979.jpg

Priviledged: I'm always amazed when i see newborns with eyes open. Coz my baby never seem to open his eyes. Even till now, very seldom open eyes.

wilting: Do you mean the CDA account? Coz baby bonus is the give outout right? CDA is where they match $ for $ and only at approved institutions.

cheekygal: oh yah.. usually to wake my boy up during a feed, we'll either burp him or change his diapers (very effective). Hope it works for you!

So fast our january mtb month is over! Doesnt seem long ago when the thread used to get so busy during office hours when most mummies here were in the office =p Now guess all at home looking after bb!

I am heading back to singapore most probably end of next week.

Curious are most mummies here going back to work after ML? Suddenly daunts me I have yet to start a career and that I have already put aside 4 yrs to bearings children etc...but I also dont see my self working till the new bb is at least 18 months......

Wondering how leh....scared no one will want to employ me by then though.....

Autumn Leaf
Wow, you're flying back so soon! Your baby is just a month old, right? Are you bringing your #1 home too? How do you manage on your own w/o your hb?

I'm NEVER going back to work!!! My work is to care for my 3 little rascals and 1 big rascal
happy.gif

Gabriel was born at 3.454 kg. Thanks for the compliments.

Priviledged: Yesterday my bb is exactly 3 weeks old....but by the time I fly should be 4wks +
Definately need hubby to help fly us back! Somehow, apart from the new baby things, I managed to collect so many things like #1's toys etc! Such a headache thinking of packing and unpacking again! If not for the luggage etc...think wouldnt need hb to fly me back.....but no choice now =p

How old are yr children? Mine is 3 coming 4 end this month and the new bb =)

PVL: wel done.. you are the only 31jan who ren until 31jan is over. haha.. welcome to motherhood!!

deluxe: me on the other hand, can't wait to bring baby out. alone also never mind. i have yet to experience how it is alone with baby outside. now alr planning my outings, but hubby keep saying don't go out til baby is 2 months old. alamak.. depriving me leh. i have a list of shoping malls with details on the nursing rooms. when ihave time i will type out al for u all so u know where to go.

Drypers: many mamas seem to have problem with drypers leh. strangely, me and hubby quite like it. so far, we do not have any leakage problem. also, drypers have this little U shape thing ard the belly button, so we won't irriate baby's belly button when we put on the drypers. i think the nb size fit baby just nice. we have 2 big packs of huggies S size. i use also ok, but hubby complain too big and leak, so we swap back to drypers.

just wanna share that i'm v happy tdy. finally found out or rather, adapt to baby's feeding pattern liao. yuan lai latching on in the day leaves me with little milk on the pump. i was so worried then when i pump so little, ystdy was as little as 10ml. but at night hor, i woke to pump, and i pumped record 170ml!! this morning another 150ml!! so now i know and i won't get too stressed out with pumping in the day, since baby is gg to drink directly from my breasts. and i also realise that if she suckles on one breast for at least 30mins, she gets to the hind milk and that can last her 2-3 hours leh. haha.. now then i realise. so goon-doo

think we'll bring her for her jab tmr or thu morning at polyclinic. from there then decide if to take 6-in-1 or 7-in-1
happy.gif

Autumn Leaf,
My #1 girl is 4 1/2, #2 (Boy) is turning 2 in the middle of Feb, and then there's the baby.

So your hb will fly back with you and then return to France?

My girl was 6 1/2 weeks when we flew back from the US. It was not so difficult except for the stopover in NY which was a little harrowing.

janjan,
Congrats on the successful breastfeeding. Told you right? No need to worry about the pumping! Baby will get enough as long as you latch correctly and long enough. Now you can relax, and enjoy bonding with your baby
happy.gif

Got 7-in-1 jab? What's in it?

priv: Yes...hb only staying for 2 weeks in Sg then got to fly back to fr till june when he comes back for good!

Wow...you really would have your hand tied with yr children! But its rewarding at the end of the day right?

I told my self if have a 3rd probably wouldnt ever start working ! hahaha... but after the birth of # 2...I think will close shop liao..... I dont think I have the energy for another....but then again, never know? I still feel 3 would be nicer....especially when me and hb are old ...

I had my manyue on last Sun, catered food from LeXin. The food taste good. Cheap and value for $$ i would say. But set up/decoration not very pretty, it is not impt.

EMQ: My MIL wanted to bring manyue forward coz' some aunties will be flying overseas this week.

Sus & Novakido: i will try out the methods to wake my boy up.

de_luxe > now i feel is pain when bb suckles.my nipple nw a bit pain.

ni > u lucky,ur maid is good.

mercsboy > ya lol.....me used to get used to being served and gt CL to jaga
the bb when she's crying

daymoon > hw i wish my hubby is like urs,can engage maid. btw when u be sendn ur bb
to infant care? u choose which 1?

pinkie > u chosen ur infant care liao? u got go see the Del-care that i told u?

willting > can use bb bonus to pay medical bills meh?i ask the PD,can use bb bonus
for the jabs,he says no

sus/novakido, but now im still in confinement...how to go see LC?? Few of my frens told me my ms might not be established yet cos its barely 2wks. So i still nid to be patient and hardworking on latching little D.

janjan: ur ger so early need to go for injection??? i rem the PD was telling me that my boy only needs to go for injection btw 6-8 weeks old.

Babystarlet: Check with you, the jabs, you did at Polyclinic or Private Clinic? Is it because they are not an approved institution?

flo: ya the PD told me if more than 5 days no poo then worry. so long as bb is not uncomfortable shld be ok. try massaging the tummy.

sus: i think the price sounds ok for 6-in-1 jab. ya total i think shld be 3 jabs. i'm also takign fenugreek from greenlife, but gynae ask me to take 2 tabs 3 times a day, which comes up to 6 tabls daily. but i dont find it effective leh. guess fenugreek works for some while doesnt work for others?

mint: mrs wong also told me i have low ss and ask me to let bb suckle first then supplement with fm. the reason why bb has to suckle is just to stimulate lor. in fact for all my 3 kids, i also have this problem with low milk ss. even my mum also had low milk ss, so i'm wondering is it hereditry? anyone knows?

pvl: haha wah nowadays so "modern" to give birth sia. cough cough bb can pop out liao. during pushing stage i felt like vommitting and gynae ask me to vomit then bb can come out. hee hee
happy.gif

yanling: yes, is the CDA account, we can use for any medical bill but the clinic must carry the MCYS approved letter...My PD is Dr Lillian Lim too, her clinic can use CDA account...

samval,
Eeee, vomit the baby out!! Hahaha, your gynae also very funny.

autumn leaf,
Yeah, we're stopping at 3 cos of my age. And after seeing my 2 play so nicely together, we thought 3 would really be nice.

janjan,
I JUST spoke to the KKH pd, who says no injections before 6 weeks.

anyone got problems using the baby sling? i put bb inside but seems like not steady and the head like crooked like that. i see the instruction video still cannot leh. shld i go down to moms in mind and ask them to teach me how to use?

bbstarlet: agree with yanling, maybe your clinic is not approved institution, that why cannot use CDA account...i have used it for the jabs payment last week and medical bill yesterday...

samval....im giving S26 to my boi now and abit concerned abt healty which is a known thing for S26....dun have a defined qty of water to give...usualli let him decided hw much to take....he normally poo abt 4-5 times a day depends on amt of poo....if less than 2 poos will get cranky....

ni..wow..coolz lei...hw many caps & times u taking? so it works for u huh cos rem u mention ss drop after taking....

piyo: i see.. wow poo 4-5 times a day is good leh. somemore fm. got input and output. guess teh fm is suitable for your boi.

ladies, my boi 2.5 weeks drinking abt 110mls. can i know average you ladies give how much for this age? according to the can, it says 120mls is for 4 weeks above. and he's drinking every 3 hourly.

finally got down to registering my boi for his BC yest....not very nice number lei but who cares...

d silly officer create a joke...she's malay and i requested for the simplified version of my hubby surname (chinese character) so she told mi it is highly recommended to follow daddy's surname!!! can faint lor...at my insistent she check wif her chinese colleague then realised can b done....

she super blur...under informant details sure b my details end up she print my hb details....gota counter sign on the form till so messy...when we say fill new form...she say dun need!

anyhow....my boi is Zethan Yeo Zi Qian....then wif chinese character

samval....only on good days 4-5 times...others abt 2 times average....we are still monitoring if the fm suitable for him but his pee is very yellowish though he pee alot....

my boi just turn 3 weeks old 2 days back....he seem to be going thru growth spurt cos he wake for milk every 2-2.5hrs despite the recent increase to 90ml....

cheekygal: My boi also poo poo 5-7 times a day.. but guess if colour and consistency is same should be ok le. He likes to poo after we change diapers for him :p

Samval: My boi also drinking 110 ml and he is 2 weeks+ only. Gynae also says he got a big apettite but we are happy as he was small at birth so hope can grow faster.
Maybe fenugreek dose can increase according to other mothers here?

bbstarlet: The pain from bf should only be first 30 s due to stretching pain but if beyond that may be latching problems?

bbmarch: Your confinement is very strict? I have gone out a few times to see LC and for PD checks. Anyway the LCs also do home visits, slightly higher price only.

Autumnleaf: Oh ure coming back SG? How long hubby will stay with u here? Look forward to u coming back
happy.gif

Janjan: Do keep us updated on ur nursing room info.. Im also wondering what facilities are found there and where got good nursing rooms.

Yanling: I called up my GP, they can also use CDA and CSC card for jabs. So you can try calling up to ask first.

Hehe last night we sneaked out for a walk after parents all went home and baby asleep. Felt so good like the old er ren times
happy.gif

janjan: Same here, when i do latching during the day, and pumping during the day, the amount of breastmilk from pumping is very little. So when you say you wake up at night to do pumping, you managed to get a lot. Do you also do latching on at night to feed baby too? Currently, I do latching at night and no pumping during the night. Can be very tiring if do both at night, no need to sleep.

bawbaw: my baby also has rashes on her face. Saw the PD last friday, he says those are heat rash and try to keep baby in cool environment. However, my baby does not sleep in aircon room, and i do not on the fan for baby whole day, in case he catches a cold, so can always see heat rashes on her face.Sometimes can disappear and come back when she feels hot. When she sleeps on that side of the face, that side will have heat rash. My baby wears light clothings.

Anyone can advise on how to overcome the heat rashes in our warm climate?

autumn leaf: thanks for ya info on bf. Really pek chek at times bec hb not supportive. Yet me also scared bb not drinking enough. Will monitor my bb feeding time as me not going to pump

Pvl: congrats! Ur bb looks a little like my bb at birth.
happy.gif

Samval: did u take fernugreek n fm to boost bm? Think its useful. But i only took twice a day. Lazy n forgetful!

Jabs: took my girl to have her hep b lab yday at polyclinic. Payable by medisave. So didnt fork out cash! Will be taking her 5 in 1 in march.

Bb weight: today my girl 6 weeks old. Only 3.995 kg. Birth wt was 2.86kg. Is her wt gain ok? Also ht incr by 3cm only. Dr say she small size. Only 3 percentile. Dunno wat it means..but me n hb not small size leh. So worried! Scared its bec of low bm again bec i latch fully.. Haiz..

Diapers: had used pampers, huggies n drypers. Pampers works best emq my girl. Both huggies n drypers leaked. She still using nb size..anyone same as my bb but using bigger sizes?

sus...mi always use excuses to sneak out e.g buy diapers, register BC, gynae check & so far no resistance from mum...hee

mummies! just to share a promotion on Mamy Poko Diapers. I just went Shop n Save. It is retailing at $16.90 (U.P.$19.20). And it got 4 extra pieces inside. =)

YanLing: How much is 6-in-1 at Dr. Lilian Lim's clinic?

Piyo: hehe me too.. so far no resistance too :p 'official' matters mah hor keke

Jade/bawbaw: Are the rashes pimple-like protrusions? My boy also got at backside. Dunno what to put?

piyo: yes! the fenugreek works for me. but i still cannot yield enuff to store. my son is a super milk junkie!

samval: i use Moms-in-Mind sling too. my son like it leh. no problem with the head. but initial use i also ka lang ka por. need my maid help to teach me. indonesians are experts in sarongs~

mint...so far tried drypers, huggies ultra, MP & petpet for my boi...except for drypers causing nappy rash, no other issues so far...have not faced leakage too....only thing abt huggies ultra, find that cutting too small...NB seem too small for him now....

Back