(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

Ashley: I ordered Choz for both my 1st & 2nd kids.... would love to go with the same for 3rd... but HB a bit lazy liao le... think he's going for Bangawansolo Cards instead. He says just buy & send... think need to discuss with him FAST cos next week only hor...

BTW Ashley, I love Choz. When I first started working, my colleagues gave them for their kids' man yue... & I can't wait for the next friend to deliver... hahaha.... so when it came to my turn, I ordered them for my kids as well... also, Choz has traditional packages which serves the old folks well... *wink*..

Oh Ashley, Choz just increased their prices lor... I checked end last year & was still old price... I was still thinking, wow, so good 7 years never increase... but I couldn't order yet cos dunno when deliver ma... then when I checked last week... WL! Went up by quite some bit le... so when HB suggested Bangawansolo gift cards... I was like, maybe better... safe the transportation also... hahaha...

Pinkie: So, I should be correct. My baby's man yue should be next Sun... but I always hear that boys can be early, gals cannot le... anyhow, my mum always pray on actual day... so I have to bring bb to her place with chicken, fruits & flowers...

Yan Ling: Use of MIM slings is very personal. I love it. Used mine for almost 7 yrs now! I used it for #1 till she was 4+. Rested it for awhile, then used it for #2, now using it for #3.

Yes! When we travel or visit the zoo, even shopping, we either bring the stroller or the sling (sometimes both)... can carry up till 20+kg (or what you can take). Find it very useful when in crowded places in foreign land... will sling kids for safety reasons. Or if they get tired, sling them so they can nap for awhile.

However, my elder sis HATES her sling & never learnt to use it. She bought a baby carrier instead & gave her sling to my younger sis.

I think it's available in most baby shops, their website or in sprees. I'd suggest you borrow one to try out 1st before investing in one. Not expensive, but it's something that you either love of hate... ;-p

My SIL practiced with mine before getting her own & she uses it till now.

Sus, Suika & cjteng: Yes, cloth nappies not easy to use... can be tiring to change, uncomfortable for bb (cos can feel the dampness compared to disposable), tiring to wash & smelly!

Also, the last time we calculated, costlier to use cloth nappies if you are only using for short term... we figure we can only use 1st few mths only... when I return to work, will not be able to cope... also anyway I'm the sort that cannot stay home... soon as confinement over, I can expect to be bringing kids out... then also cannot wear cloth nappies... so we decided just go disposable all the way... cheaper for me... even if my colleague try to tell me how harmful they are to the environment... I know what she's saying but my wallet dun understand... hee hee...

Sus: Drypers does not leak for #3 so far & only on few occasions for #2. Like I shared in earlier post, I think depends on individual child le... cos it leaked for #1 so we only used it for day for #1 as we tend to change more often in the day time, also bb poo, etc.

finally my bb's 满月 Party finished liao....tiring sia...mi morning eat a bowl of 'mee sua' till now still no eat anything....look at the buffet cannot eat coz still under confinement...haizzz water oso no time to drink sia

ashley: i ordered from choz for my bb's 1st mth this coming thurs.. and yupz.. some of the prices hv increased and might nt be the same as the prices shown on adverts and website..

cloth nappies: i havent start using my cloth nappies too.. shall wait for another few weeks before i start to use bah... think will definitely use bah.. the disposable diapers are exp lo...

Diaper leakage:

According to HB, there are many reasons for leakages... take it from him, he's got a PHD liao (being fo3 & he changes at least 10 diapers each weekend)... hahaha...

1. Diaper's fitting does not suit child
(too big, too small, too short, too long, to loose?)

2. Diaper is not worn properly
(always check that gathers fit smugly around bb's legs so that there's no gaps for leaks)

3. Wrong size
(if bb is wearing something that's too big, naturally, there's gap for leaks)
(if bb is wearing something too small, diaper may not be sufficient to hold the amount of pee)

4. Quality
(material must be absorbant - some are just more absorbant than others)

5. Waist gathers
(must wrap round bb nicely, some just do not stick to body, leaving gap for leaks)

That's all for now... unless I remember more from his 'thesis'...

Going for dinner now... happy ren ri everyone!

Catherine,
I'm using Pigeon breast pads too. Will switch to Avent washable pads once the supply stabilises and my boobs stop leaking.

Am I the only one who hates Drypers? I hate the plastic tape which always cuts Isaac's leg no matter how losely I tape it, I hate how noisy that silly tape is whenever I untape it and I just hate that plastic piece in the front the diaper! Oops, I hope that didn't come across as too strongly worded.

Anyway, am using Goo.N diapers now for Isaac. I find it similar to Pampers at half the price. Will most probably carry on using it till he is big enough to fit into NTUC's diapers, then this cheapo Mummy will only use Goo.N for night time, naps and outings and use NTUC for daytime.

sus: My tummy completely flat from sideview now, but from front view need to tone as can see small love handles =p

My line of niagra (dunno spell correctly anot) is still very dark!

I haven gone for massage though as i c-sec

JS: I also hate Drypers! They leaked for my first child.....and I find them stiff, bulky and hate the tapes! I like diapers that are more soft and cottony to touch....also prefer the slim fit type....huggies for me =)

for my boy, i only use pampers (given by hospital) gd but expensive so after finish using, i use fitti which i got from the promotion last yr only $10 per pack. so far v gd, stretchable waistband and no leak of pee and poo. my boy dont cry when he poo one, so i always have to check myself on each feed. so the fitti diaper can tahan poo + pee for few hrs with no leakage.

hello, has anyone bought things from amazon and shipped it to Singapore? I remembered last time they don't ship to Singapore. Anyone bought anything recently and managed to get it here?

Autumn Leaf: Did you bring diapers over from Singapore or did you purchase in Paris? What are the diapers available there? Interesting to note that diapers are cheaper in Japan than Singapore!

I'm crazy - I like to look at household items, kids' stuffs, books, etc when I travel. I've added to my Wedgewood collections when I was in USA (yes, even lug the dinnerware onboard the plane in my luggage!), bought lots of kiddy books when I was in UK & USA, fondue plates when I was in Switzerland, hat clips when I was in Japan (but find them in diaso here now)... oh yes, & recently diapers from Batam... hahaha...

EmQ:

I'm very much like u in that sense...like to compare prices of things overseas to singapore etc!

They have alot of brands....their own house brands of diapers etc but for NB is more limited, same as Singapore. I decided to try Huggies NB coz they have baby pooh designs on it and look very cute and colourful! Paying 4+ Euros for a pack of 27....which is around SGD9....so not too bad I guess.....still abit ex. The pampers is the same as Singapore though =) which like in singapore is always the most ex so I dont buy pampers.

I ordered heaps of Huggies Dry in Singapore b4 I came here but only size M and L.....and bought a few packs of Size S from Giant......so probably might need to buy more size S but was thinking to try Pet pet on my ger.....its cheap and hopefully can do for day time. Wonder how long Size S will last?

EMQ: Luckily when my hubby ORD from RSAF, they still provide shipping for our belongings etc...so I packed all the dinner ware etc in the shipment! Couldnt imagine putting in plane...damn heavy! Hahaha! But seriously think the QC in France not high standard. Switzerland things have better finishing as compared to things in France....alot of China made things only........and not sturdy!

JS: haha.. love the way u describe drypers.. i agree with every single bit of it.. no more drypers for my bb...

autumnleaf: my nigra line is also very dark lo.. heard that need ard 6mths for it to go away... ugly leh...
and u are really my idol lo.. can BF for so long... ur boy must be very healthy... wondering hw long more can i BF once ML finishes...

sel: I definately couldnt BF that long if I was a working mummy.....I actually look up to those who work and still pump! Really tedious come still have to prepare and clean all the equip! I am a lazy mummy =p

suika:u doing how many days confinement?i am looking forward to eating buffet next sat,just hope the older folks wont say anything,unless they want me to do 40 days instead of 28 days.

Catherine:i am using pigeon,think its quite good.fits the bra quite well.

sel/JS:eek:h no,i still have 2 new packs of dryers.am using pampers now.its okie so far..

pat:same here!my boi drinks plain water from the spoon and each time he drink,he sucks as if its very nice to drink!

heard from my friends - if you want to train your bb not to wake up at night for feeding, feed them with water each time for night feed,after a while, they will not wake up anymore. but me haven try yet..

daymoon: i just recalled that i also hv a pack of S size drypers given by my colleagues... gotta use it again, dun waste... pampers is good.. bt expensive lo...

Hi sperzz and JS, thank you for your advice. Currently I am using tollyjoy disposable. You know, is quite pek chek to have soaking wet t-shirt in the morning.
JS, you mean when the supply stabilises, it will not leak??

sus: looks like i cld prob give the medicine a try. wat is the name again n can get off counter at pharmacy? wow ur bb drink 140ml..power ah.

suika: 54 pieces then dats quite cheap. i using pampers 36 pieces ard $18 so exp. n my bb like to waste diapers by pooing immediately after i place a new piece under his backside, or pee n flood the whole changing area. once he even pee on his own face cos lift up his legs dat time to wipe n he spray!

sperzz: is it an ongoing spree anytime? nxt time when i try huggies m if good i wil get fr this contact. is really cheap. but is it cos they get their stock from china or m'sia dat kind? can gimme her number i kp first?

Hi All, so happy to see that so many of us have 'graduated' with our babies in tow.

My baby Isaac turns 2 months next weekend, so fast man...I learnt some things the hard way, it's been tiring yet fun.

I gave up Breastfeeding in week 5. It's something that still depresses me but I know I have to move on. My breast shrank by week 2 and I was only expressing 10ml or less at every pump. I can only blame myself for not reading up and getting myself mentally prepared for exclusively nursing the little one all the time to establish milkflow. Took for granted that I too will have breastmilk for my kid. All the recommended food, fish/papaya soup, fenugrek didn't work for me. From pathetic 10ml I was gradually expressing bubbles instead. Can't remember how many depressed moments I had looking at the empty bottle. Gynae advised that she would rather I spend the time with son, no breastmilk doesn't mean I'm a lousy mum. So well, I'm 'recovering' looking at a positive angle. Will still try BF-ing when have 2nd kid in the future. So you ladies, I hope you have all have better luck at BF than me.

Hi bawbaw. I used this remedy for rashes on cheeks...though I was very tempted to use pimple cream! haha it looked like white heads too!
Buy small bittergourds, cut each into half and boil. Use the liquid once cooled to wipe baby's cheek during every bath. I boiled it and save in container/bottle put in fridge to last me a week. Before every bath, pour out small amount so that it's not too cold. Use cottonballs dip in solution and clean cheeks. The rash took 14-16 days and it recovered. Also not to worry cos it's common. I also changed his mittins twice a day and use wet wipes to clean his cheeks whenever someone kisses him or touches him, me paranoid mom!

Talking about baby slings, I just got mine today. It's my friend's shop and she's a great help for first time moms like myself. U can drop by her shop at Thomson Plaza and she can demo the sling to you. I had a very good clear explanation and felt all the different fabric material for myself. Got mine with the borders so easy to identify and create the pouch for baby.
Feel more confident now, will try sling baby in tomorrow.

Just to share, here's her website. you can also order online, she also provides very good information about slings.
http://www.babyslingsandcarriers.com/

By the way, I hate Dryers too - used 2 samples pieces. 1 tore at the side before baby was wrapped up. Somehow my son's shirt was all wet at the back when we used the 2nd sample.
No wonder there are so many Dryer samples to give away in the goodie bags, I seem to have tons!
I've been used Pampers since day 1. Good & reliable.

bluen16, dun feel depressed just bcos u stop BF. Formula is oso gd for bbs. My #1 was on partial FM & BM...his wgt was doubled when we brought him for his 1st mth jab. Birth wgt was 2.96kg and 1mth later was 4.7kg. Even the GP got a shock.

U r rite, life still moves on no matter u give bm/fm to your bb. U oso wont want to starve ur bb rite? Just think positive...and everyday is a happy day as i alys tell myself -

A HAPPY MUMMY = A HAPPY BABY!!

Ashley, I oso ordered fr Choz for my #1's full mth. I liked their fruit tarts & glutinous rice. Yummmy Yummy!! But this time i mgt try sweetest moments.

Anyone tried buffet fr select & four seasons?

daymoon: for food wise is 40days lor....after 1mth can loosen abit liao lah but still no seafood lor....mi today buffet oso no eat....so becomes whole day no eat sia.....n worst of all no pump lor

PAT: i oso using pampers NB....so expensive wor... just started using nepia s-size...not bad wor...at least bb pee so heavy liao still no leak ley....changing to drypers first coz colleague bought 1 pkt of s-size for him...dun waste first..... coz s-size is 3-7kg....nepia s-size is 4-8kg....so must use the smaller size 1 first

Suika/Pat: Wow whole day no pump.. pei fu.. must be feeling engorged and uncomfortable? Somemore never eat properly.. poor thing.. was the man yue fun?

Kelly/Pat: The medicine is called Motilium. Doc prescribe to be but heard from some here that it can be bought in pharmacy.

Bluen: Hey dun feel sad tt you stopped BF.. in fact I look forward to the day I get no leaky breasts and sore nipples. FM works well too.. we all grew up on it right?
happy.gif
N u get to spend more time bonding with ur baby rather than with the pump like me :p

Arggh.. Just used 3rd Drypers sample and my poor boy woke up crying cos he was all wet hehe.. FIL just got 1 new pack of Drypers NB.. dunno how :p

So far seems Nepia, Huggies Dry and Fitti all have good reviews.. me still hunting for good and cheap diapers. Are we able to get sampels for Fitti and Petpet?

helllo mummies. i just ended my manyue party for Kyan today too. Was really hectic. imagine having to run around the house like a mad woman. having to entertain different groups of guests, without making anyone feel left out! and really got no time no pump out the milk. only sneaked in to pump once. so engorged man! phew it was over!

and the best part abt this manyue party is... i get to mahjong! few ferenz stayed behind to play mj with me. thou i lost $$, but i was still happie. hee.

and thank god bb kyan was a good boy thru out the party! PAT and suika, glad your party went on well too.. =)

nitez for now!

Congrats to Ni, Pat & Suika... cheekygal too? Congrats on surviving confinement & baby's man yue!

Me looking forward to 'freedom'! And praying that nothing holds me back... I think pus is coming out from my c-sect wound... sigh, never experienced this before... both my previous c-sects & even my ectopic surgery went very well. Wonder what went wrong this time round?

Is it becos I carried #2? #2 kicked me? Wound split?

Actually I experienced pain after thread was removed. Gynae had said no need to be dressed... but I felt as if wound opening up.. then a few days after that, felt sharp pain... but as I could not see the wound, I did not know what was wrong... actually HB also din notice anything after looking at it. He has been applying the med for me every evening, but the pain is just persistently there... think I gotta go back to gynae & pray it's nothing serious. Dun wish to be opened up & re-stitched at this point in time... would mean longer recuperation - prolonged home arrest... even if man yue over... also dun hope the pain does not affect my plans for man yue.. sigh...

oh ya. forget to give reviews on the buffet and the cakes.

Buffet - Lexin: Overall was thumbs-up. Esp the sin chow meehoon. Was nice. But the curry was a little too oily. But i would say it's value for money. $10 for 10 dishes. Esp for now CNY season, they have no extra surcharge.

Cakes - Le Precious: I haven try the actual cakes yet. BUT the packaging is nice. and best of all, they have excellent customer service. By right, i requested them to deliver on Sunday. By after thinking, i changed the date to Saturday. And the lady was able to compromise my request. Was very impressed on that! They are value for money too. i ordered $8.50/box, buy 10 get 1 free!

EmQ: my confinement not over yet...juz party earlier oni

ni: u still able to pump once? not bad wor....glad it's all done liao hor.....heehee

sus: my engorgement still ok coz mayb mi BM not alot ba.....

EMQ: Thanks. ya so glad confinement is finally over.

ni: great u played mj! is really such a shiok feeling hor, like ren for so long alr like that. ur bb manyue sounds like v fun. must also b v tiring for u right, since u hold at hme after dat must clean up the plc.

sus: thanks gal, mayb i wil pop by pharmacy n ask if they sell motilium. u bet, i whole day din pump engorged again n i had to massage for v long to clear the blockage. but wat to do, i was too bz to even eat the food until party ended..

Congrats suika! u also passed the confinement. yeah

my buffet was so so....oni $8/pax lah so dun expect too much....but the whole service was not too bad ;-)

mi no order any cakes but oni bought the 'ang ni' & 'nuo mi fan' and we DIY the red eggs into gifts for the guest....heehee this part saved alot liao

overall was fun n bb was very cooperative.....

Hi Pat,
Thanks, will increase to 3 cap tomorrow. Hope i can get more. Now am getting around 90-110ml. Hope can reach 150ml.

Ladies,
Anyone tried mother's milk?? Is this good?

Jolene: hope it works for u. wif fenugreek i am also only getting ard 100ml. if can get 150ml then i dun hv to worry so much alr cos bb taking 120ml then i can hv abit of reserves. perhaps wil try the med

suika: wow ur buffet quite affordable. where did u hold your party? my bb was also quite cooperative! strange hor, at home so terror, go out so guai. pple tot he is always so good boy one. so misleading. haha. perhaps he happy that got so many auties n uncles wanting to carry him n rock him the 'whole day!!'

valc: I have checked my NUK teats, you are right is medium size...haiz...didn't really know the size is look at the circle...waste my money to change milk bottles...Thanks for telling me...
happy.gif

sus: thanks. will get my hb to check it out at the pharmacy.

Pat: at least your baby is only a terror at home but "guai" when out. Mine is a terror no matter where she is. Crying non stop before the man yue. We rocked, fed her.. tried all sorts of methods but failed. My father even wanted to buy her a pacifier. Then when the time comes for her man yue, she slept throughout the five hours. sigh. Overall, I was glad to see my colleagues and friends after being confined in the house for a month.

I am thinking of pumping exclusively for my girl. She can cry for milk after 1-1/2 hours of nursing. Very demoralising.
Mummies who pump exclusively, when u pump, do you pump out the hind milk? I notice that the milk that's pumped out is white and sometimes can be diluted.. which i conclude is the foremilk..what about the hind milk? do they get pumped out?

I agreed that the drypers is a lousy diaper. No leaking for my gal but the tape is damn lousy loh. Sometime it wont stick and the urine smell very strong.

Back