(2008/11) November 2008

nut
no problems at all!
happy.gif

Can understand how you feel now...
whenever our kiddos fall sick or not feeling well, we as parents will always feel worried and heart pain to see them go thru all these.
Sometimes when i see my boy very ill, how i wish his discomfort can be 'transferred' to me so that he can feel better. but of course, that's not quite possible lah. only can do my best to take care of him and nurture him back to good health.
happy.gif

Peanut,
*Sayang Sayang* u must be feeling really terrible these few weeks that nini is not feeling well. So difficult for a mum to see her kid being sick. Hope nini will recover fully soon. Better bring her see a pd for the vomiting.
The last time R vomited was due to fever n constant crying which caused her to puke.

Wtan,
I'll bringing R to phuket for a short holiday.

mummies,
i desperately need some help/advice. My girl has been waking up really early around 630am and refusing to go back to sleep. her bedtime has not changed, and is usually in bed by 9am. but she used to wake up around 730am. she just keeps waking up earlier and earlier. I really had it this morn when she woke up slightly before 6am this morn.

the thing is that recently she asks for "nin nin" when she wakes up. so i wonder if it just high time for me to wean her off. its getting really frustrating and i am so concerned she does not have enough sleep. and she doesnt nap at all until i come home around 3pm. =Z Babyzel, do you have such a prob with R??

Peanut,
Hope your girl is better now.
My #1 got stomach flu before and iy lasted for closed to 2 weeks. Everything that goes in couldn't stay or digest. In the end, I only feed her water and milk. For milk I gave 30ml instead of the usual 180ml. So long she takes smething I'm fine, doesn't want her to end up having gastic.
Stay sane though it can be difficult becos Nini can be very whiney during these period of time when she is not well. After a few encounter, I realised most of the time whiney is due to hungry which reasulted her in not able to sleep well.

Haru,
Does bb wake up in the middle of night for latch? You can try these 2 solutons:
1) Give her a full FM feed and monitor for a day or 2 and see if her constant early wake is due to hunger.
2) Dream feed - wake up earlier before she wakes up and latch her, after than put her back in cot and monitor her waking time.

I'm doing #2 at the moment. I will wake up at 5.30am and latch her for 30mins (throughout these period she is still sleeping) If she falls asleep at my breast, I'll gently pat her and she will continue to suckle till she pulls off. Wait for 2 mins and put her back in cot and she can sleep till 9am.

morning nut: r u ok? more importantly is nini ok? btw, the last time gerard fell & went to A&E, the doctor said generally any fall from a height less than their own height is not dangerous.

darlest: actually i don't have a problem w HT's QC. i think the quality of their food is still good. but the attitude of the sales manager really turned me off. tt's y i didn't want to go ahead w the order. moreover teddy puffs r v solid, easy to c if there r any worms. since she has eaten half a packet, tt pack shdn't have a problem. the unopened one, u can check if there's any opening in the box or packet i.e. not sealed tightly. i think if sealed tightly, shd not be a problem.

aly_nat: the problem is i have almost nothing left in my pantry! think only 3 boxes of cereal left (different brand). & my kids finish 2 boxes a week. now i feel angry w myself -waiting so long for nothing. i cld have ordered from evitaminstore 2 weeks ago & my happy bellies wld have arrived by now!

it's gerard lah. he refuses to eat older food like bread & cakes. only takes really soft stuff - cereal, yoghurt. think i'm going to start the other 2 on chee cheong fun & chwee kueh next week. no choice, otherwise they have no breakfast!

Peanut, I was in KK last week (my boy was warded in) and the gal next to us fell down from the hospital bed. The doctor came in and ask her to do a few things...

1) Can u walk straight over to me?
2) Look out for vomitting
3) Blurred vision, can you tell me the number i am pointing.. (of course the gal is 3 yrs old liao)
4) poor appetite, inactive

snnowy,
thanks so much for your advice. no, my girl doesnt wake up in the middle of nite to latch now. sometimes she will wakey and cry but she will either be able to fall asleep on her own or she will fall asleep again after i go into her room.

ur girl can sleep till 9am? wow!! my girl hardly sleeps later than 730am. =Z what time does your girl go to bed? looks like i should really try to give her FM soon to see if that helps. Coz i am worried that waking her at 530am to latch her, she might just stay awake after that.*faint*

Hey!
Was on half day leave this morning to monitor her.. She vomitted 3 times yesterday basically after all e milk feeds.. So the only thing in her stomach was half a bowl of porridge in the evening which she din vomit out.. And i also skipped the last milk feed before her bedtime so she basically sleeps quite empty stomached.. Good thing she stil sleeps quite ok till 7am this morning then i start off by giving jus a bit of milk in case her tummy havent settled down and she did finish it.. after a couple of hrs i try a bit of cereals she ate some thou cant finish.. Tink her appetite stil not good but by the time i left home @12pm she din vomit.. Din call up to followup thou.. Hope she'll slowly improve..

From Jenn's list, she can walk to me, stil quite active, and i tink shd b able to see well cos read her book she can point to certain things.. So i guess shd not be due to the fall ba, mayb indigestion.

peanut..
is nini feeling better? hope she is recovering soon..u didnt intro anything new, right? cant be teething then she totally no appetite also la..is she active & cheery?

mosh..
oh..u also facing similar prob of #1 being naughty..u know now my #1 will "argue" back with fingers pointing me leh..aarrggh..

babyzel..
ah..nice..nice..hope u enjoy urself ah..go change thai baht now..very high..that day i walked passed see is ard 23.40 whc is pretty good..

haru..
at times when they r teething might change their sleeping schedule also leh..hmm..i hope it's just a passing phrase for u..but i can say that ur girl is very gd liao..my boy will sometimes nap at 10.30pm or 11pm then wake up ard 6.30am or at times earlier...haha..

I jus found out that there are 2 types of Gain IQ (Stage 3)! One is with probiotic and 1 without... How come ah.. it says the one without Probiotic is the new one. Which mean they no longer coming out with the Probiotic one? Now i tink i understand why sometimes Guardian has promotion for Gain (2packs).. tink they getting rid of the older version thats y in that pack if not wrong is 1 old + 1 new version (Immunify). ANyway i also notice some other difference.. E one with Probiotic seems more formy and whiter than the Immunify version which is less formy and yellowish. I wonder if my gal's upset tummy has something to do with 1 of the version

<font color="119911">nut,
yes, Gain IQ has come up with yet another new version &amp; with price hike. I did hear of some kiddos having bad reaction to both of the new versions.

I tried mixing with other brand of FM for Nat when i 1st get to know abt the new versions again. &amp; has now totally change to Mamil Gold.

Mayb u try to feed nini the old version &amp; see if she is ok with it? try to dilute the milk too.

poor nini, seen the doc yet? hope she gets well soon.</font>

JJmom
?? they how many new versions??!! i only see Eye Q with ProCalci (seems to b e older version) and Advance IQ Plus with Immunify ingredietns.. e one with ProCalci is e one with Probiotic.. Lots of form and whiter.. my gal seems to prefer this one better than e other. So r they phasing out the one with Probiotic?
Wat reactions ur frens child have?

Haru,
on bad days R will wake up several times to latch on at night. But she's not an early riser. Recently I have been giving her FM before bed and she will wake up once at night n early morning like 7am. After latching for a while, she goes back to sleep. She wakes up at 9 plus to 10. I think it's time you give H some FM.

peanut: nini better already?

ah jenn: long time no c, your javer on cereal now? i ordering happy babies now. wanted to get healthy times again but so much happened.

ah lian: there's 3 steps leading down from my dining room to my living room. he tried to come down by himself &amp; fell. this was almost 5 mths ago when he had been walking not long.

mummies: yesterday the HT guy called me 3 times about our order &amp; kept explaining to me abt the baby kayden incident. well, tt is their side of the story &amp; i also donno who to believe. but if anybody is still all right to order from them, please PM me for their number. he said they will deliver FOC even if less than $80. but i didn't ask him abt discount
happy.gif

Good morning mommies...

Peanut,
How is nini now? Better? Anymore vomitting? Hope she recovers fast. It's always so worrying and fretful for us mommies when our kiddos fall ill. Worse when we dun know wat's wrong and trying to find out the root cause.

Gain IQ,
Huh? Got so many versions? No wonder when bb J was it she a;ways kena diarrhoea lah. Tink her stomach cannot take whatever ingredients they adding into the milk powder. Ever since I switched her over to Progress Gold no more diarrhoea. What's more, her weight gain is also faster now. Currently she is about 11.5kg liaoz.

HT,
Eekkss!! So scary to read that got worms??!! If can see those icky worms crawling not so bad... but what about those mommies who din know and fed their kiddos the cereal without realising there could be worm eggs? Yikes! My skin crawls just thinking about it.

Falls,
Haiz... just last week, bb J fell down from her stroller. Apparently she climbed up on it, stood up and starting to 'bounce' up and down. Before my dad realised it and could shout... "Boom" she fell head first already. She screamed really loudly lor. Haiz... was so worried. Thank God she is ok. Haiz... till now still never learn. Still climbing all over my house and sofas. Sometimes I dunno if she is boy or girl siah. *faintz*

ahWen, Gerard got 黑青? The last serious fall K had was CNY eve -_-", from my bed. I heard a loud knock all the way from my kitchen toilet. Partly was daddy's fault. So K carried her 黑青 patch along to t CNY visits. hehe
What did HT said abt t incident? curious...

Mummies, the Istana will be opened to public tmr (May Day). Can bring ur tods there for a walk
happy.gif

<font color="119911">Nut, Dymples,
sorry can't recall what's the old &amp; new names for the Gain IQ coz i had since switched to Mamil Gold for awhile liao when i hear they gng to have this new version.

But i rem when Nat 1st started on stage 3 with Gain IQ, not long after (think ard 3mths), they come out with a new version (with Probiotic) &amp; price increased.

I did followed on with this version (with Probiotic) even though i did hear some bbs have bad reaction (think diarrhoea, constipation or rashes, can't really rem) coz Nat was ok with it.

Then now (another 3mths) this new version &amp; another price hike again!...sucks! Think our bbs r white mouses for testing their FM meh!

Nat started stage 3 at slightly over 1yo &amp; now she is not yet 18mth, so less than 6mths Gain IQ come out with 3 versions, i think it's too much.</font>

JJmom,
OMG!! 3 different versions in 6-months is way too much lah. Yah lah.... they tink our babies are lab rats har? Thank goodness I changed over to Progress Gold. I was also getting fed up with all the price hikes. Even Pediasure now hike their prices till more then $60 for a 1.8kg can. Crazy, ridiculous prices!!

Lilian,
Wah pianz! If can hear the 'knock' from the kitchen toilet, means the fall is quite bad siah. Luckily your bb is ok. Poor thing... got to go visiting with the 'orh-cheh' mark during CNY.

peanut..
is nini feeling more cheery today? hope she's brighten up..

lilian..
so u bringing K to Istana ah tmrw? I almost forgot tmrw is a PH..hehe..

wtan, tmr is Sat.. so dun feel like a PH hor? haha.. me same feeling too
No le, not gog to istana tmr, cos we went there 3mths ago liao
happy.gif

My gal is feeling better...
But this morning i jus hit her real hard on her thighs and screamed at her at the top of my voice.. She was v v v whiny and kept throwing tantrums.. i was already getting v late for my work + my mil having serious headache + my Mil kept screaming and complaining abt the maid + the stupid starhub not working when i wan to on cartoon for my gal + unhappiness from work yesterday.. I lose my cool and did that to my gal. I felt like i was going to explode.... In that instance even the little learnings from Positive Discipline that i've been reminding myself to practice - have been thrown into the rubbish bin

<font color="CC3399"> Here's some jokes to cheer you ladies up
happy.gif

Wife: My hubby &amp; I have, what he calls-Olympic sex.

Friend: Wow, must be a terrific sex life?

Wife: Not really. It only happens once in 4 years.

Wives are funny creatures.

They don't have sex with their husbands for weeks

and then they want to kill the woman who does.

A Cowboy walks into the bedroom carrying a sheep in his arms and says,

"Honey, this is the cow I make love to when you have a headache."

The wife, laying in the bed reading a book, looks up and says,

"If you weren't such an idiot, you'd know that's a sheep, not a cow."

The guy replies,

"If you weren't such a bitch, you'd realize I was talking to the sheep." </font>

*aarrgghh* So sianz at work... Me too wanna change job.
I'm sssooo tired of doing sales calls and settling my tons of reports. How to do reports when I also need to be out there pounding the pavement to get biz?? Mgmt only know how to whack and says me no time mgmt. *fed-up* Wah... they expect me to work 14-hours day??!! Totally no work-life balance lah!! Not to metion I'm underpaid compared to my industry mates. *super sianz*

Peanut,
Yah lor... really overwork &amp; underpaid. Somemore gotta see my boss 'colour' and client 'colour'. *sob-sob* So poor thing leh. hahahah... haiz.. But now cannot change job.. cos just joined this hotel for slightly more then 6-mths only. If change job again my resume will be 'spoilt' liaoz. *fainzt*

Yah yah... me too hate their sarcastic words. Always got meaning hidden in the words and actions. Worse is when they tell you off whilst smiling... 'laughing tiger'.

Lilian,
At least you only gotta see boss colour leh. Me also gotta put up with unreasonable clients demands. Then when cannot meet their 'super up-class' expectations (wanna pay peanuts expect world class service lah.. luxury food lah.. suite rooms lah??!!) they will throw colours at us. Haiz...

Dymples
wah.. then me as a customer more reasonable la.. i wont ask for the impossible.. thou my colleague is more thick skin and can ask for lots of goodies.. esp from those China hotels.. can get good stuffs out of them

Peanut,
Glad that Nini is better. Dun blame yourself for flaring up, you are overloaded plus it's not easy to take care of a whiney kid.

Lilian,
What happened?

You all feel like quitting whereas I feel like gg back to work. Me siao???

snnowy
not quitting to be sahm, its changing job.. i'm sure both me lilian dymples wont wan to be full time sahm de.. wil go bonkers

nuts is right, i can't be a sahm too. I will go into depression if i m one.
snnowy, nah... recently my boss has been saying sarcastic things and like trying to make my life difficult like tat. Worst is, he shows favoritism
sad.gif

Snnowy, Peanut,
Haiz... me cannot quit work lah.. if not money no enough leh.

Everything in Singapore is Pay And Pay hor. My recent Sp service bill really ZOOM! up lor. When I first bot my condo, my bill then was about $250 per mth. Then it creeped up to $300+. SP services blamed on increasing oil prices, etc. But when oil price come down, my bill also same. Then with the recent hike again... ZOOM! my bill is now $450. Crazy lah!

Milk powder $$ increase... SP Service $$ increase... weekly marketing $$ also increase cos all the seller increase price cos their rental increase... everything increase... EXCEPT MY SALARY!! Still the same as 2-years ago!! STUPID!

Sorry yah.. need to vent some frustrations here. So what the govt says economy doing better... expect wage increase... say and say... NATO! No Action Talk Only.

Till now my pay still sucks big time! No increment whatsoever. But my boss says cos govt wants increase productivty, so my work piled up more. KNS! Work life balance my ass!

Nut,
Oh I see. At least still working. I'm also planning to join work force if possible.
Usually if ppl thinking of changing job, they'll do it by June, otherwise most likely they'll stay on cos endure another few month is bonus time.

this year i also expect no increment at all.. it'll b lucky if i can even get 1%.
Nex yr when my new house ready it'll b my turn to jaga all these exps liao.. hahaha.. so now while i can stil spend i better spend 1st !! or else by then even lagi more cant bear to spend

Back