(2008/10) Oct 2008

icylemon
hee, np. i am in contact w her. i a trying to see if she can give me a gd price w/o me hvg to buy online!

daisy
wow, did u allow jaz to take rides?

rotavirus - Will ask Vic's PD this Fri and update.

USS - Daisybuttons: me me me! Which was most enjoyable for your kiddos? Madagascar? Shrek? Far Far Away? Am soo looking forward.

Today is Sports Day, I am half dead. But good thing is I am back home liao. Now able to read through the posts for this week slowly.

Busybee,

I keep Tong photos inside a portable HDD. Cause can use for school work also. Sometimes I print out the photos to let my hubby make into a poster and paste at home. As for myself, I use the photos n make into photobooks for keepsake. Maybe u want to consider making photobooks.

Cheer Bear,

Discipline must be consistent, so both parents must have the same stand. If daddy say NO n mummy say OK LAH, the child will be confused on the expected behaviour n they will know that there is room for discussion, just go to MUMMY can liao. Also, this will cause conflict between daddy n mummy too. I know, the old saying about 白脸,黑脸 but imagine u r already very mad n frustrated cause ur child refuse to listen to u n u r trying so hard to talk sense to him. Then ur hubby came in n say 好了好了,没什么大不了,他下次不会再这样了. No way I am allowing myself to be in such a situation. Haha...

So at home, my hubby will always support wat I ask Tong not to do. If he is in doubt, he will still say the same thing like wat I say. But after that, we will discuss privately on our concern on the issue.

I am one who believe in discipline with dignity n regard caning as the last resort so I will always try to use other methods. But I do know that kids are different, so I understand why some parents choose to cane their children.

This is another way of discipline: http://childparenting.about.com/od/disciplinetipsandadvice/ht/htconsequences.htm

Hope that helps.

icylemon
me too. bcos there are some products that we wanted that already has about 6-8 sets, i hope she can accommodate and give me a good price for those common products.

R&R, jelly and Ruffles, hehehe, I only brought my boy, didn't bring Jaz. coz i heard from my friend who was there first that the rides are actually more suited for adults and big kids, so i put her with my mom at home.

lucky i did that, coz i think only a few rides are suitable for her age, because most rides there's height requirements e.g. Enchanted Airways 92cm (junior roller coaster in Far Far Away), Canopy Flyer 92cm (overhanging Jurassic park safari veh seats flying around around the track, in Lost World) and Jurassic Rapids Adventure (107cm, which sadly my son not tall enough for this one). Not to mention of course the challenging Revenge of the Mummy (roller coaster in the dark, ht req 122cm, in Ancient Egypt), and the famous BattleStar Galactica (ht req 125cm, in Sci Fi City), both of which I sat alone while hubby watched my boy heee.

I think the rides suitable for toddlers less than 92cm tall are the carousel (Magadascar's King Julien's Beach Party Go-Round), Dino Soaring (flying pterosaur, perfect coz my boy is a dinosaur fanatic, its like his dream come through), Treasure hunters (Ancient Eygypt, basicall just a safari vehicle tracking slowly around the track, but he gets such a kick out of it coz there's a steering wheel and the kid make believe they are driving the vehicle), Accelerator (same concept as tea cups, in Sci Fi city), Magic Potion Spin (mini ferris wheel for small kids like our bubs, very suitable, in Far Far Away). The Shrek 4D show was quite interesting hehee, wun say much to spoil the surprise. my boy also sat Canopy Flyer and Enchanted Airways but if Jaz is there she can't sit coz of height.

At the begn, my boy was looking fwd to seeing castles, sitting roller coaster and seeing dinosaurs. but he was dissappointed that the dinosaurs can't move (unlike the Hollywood Dinos show in Jan, Feb), and the roller coaster he was so excited he was pushing through the gate once the prev occupants are disembarking but at the end of which he told me he's scared hehe. As for the castle, he likes it, you will enter it to watch the Shrek 4D.

daisybuttons,

I am going next month too! I am treating my hubby there as his birthday present. At 1st want to go stay 1 nite there. But ended up realise that the same kind of $, we 2 can go 4D3N Bangkok at a 4-stars hotel liao. So we change plan.

I am still thinking to bring Tong Tong or not. Anything suitable for her age to play or see?

ypg, see my 3rd para above, those are the rides suitable for kids. aside from that, there are 4 other shows that I know of : Lights Camera Action in Hollywood, Monster Rock, Donkey Live in Far Far Away and WaterWorld in Lost World. We missed monster rock and waterworld, cant match timing. But next visit i will def watch all those I missed. including the Jurassic Rapids. Magadascar Crate Adventure, also a water ride, is not opened until mid 2010, but then again, heigh req same as Rapids, 107cm, i dun think my son can shoot up so much by then. so I think me and hubby will take turns. apparently there's this Child Swap programme whereby one parent watch the child while the rest take the ride, then come back and swap, prob without re-queuing. sounds good!

<font color="aa00aa">daisybutton,
sounds fun!! kekeke... so the entry fees inclusive of all the rides??

YPG,
i rather you go BKK. can eat &amp; play &amp; enjoy with that kind of price.
</font>

R&amp;R, yes inclusive except for the Amber Rock Climbing which frankly I wun try even if free heeeee... there's even a LED screen beside entrance of each ride to tell you how long is the estimated waiting time. when we were there, our timing quite good, most rides only 5mins waiting. except treasure hunters gotta wait 15mins but thats considered short for that ride already. hahaha...coz its so slow that the discharge rate also slow.

<font face="comic sans ms"><font color="0000ff">Hi Jelly,

hope u r able to bargain for a gd price for the LP products. Might wanna tagged along too. But still cannot make up my mind which set I want and I dun want to burnt my pocket.</font></font>

daisybuttons,

think we post at the same time. yap, I saw ur post liao. Thanks. But hor, still tempting to bring Tong cause it is my hubby birthday mah.

icylemon,

Yalor, Bangkok cheaper. At 1st, thought of making a baby there but worry will deliver early n end up having a Tiger baby. Paiseh, I know nothing wrong with Tiger baby but I still wish for a Rabbit cause my hubby also a Rabbit. Anyone know when is next year CNY fall on?

Daisybuttons – Thanks for the detailed sharing! Am going this Sat with Vic and looking forward to just bringing her out for a whole day of fun! Am sure she will be real excited about Magagascar as that is her fav cartoon movie you know! She can identify the lion, hippo, zebra and giraffe. So am looking forward to hearing her make the ‘r-o-a-r’ when she sees Alex! Also wanna watch Shrek and take the tea cups with her!! So excited!

<font color="0077aa">YPG: I just realised I forgot to reply you! C is doing ok with the reader. She was v distracted with the first 10 lessons 'cos she has already gone through those from the downloads. We finally made it to lesson 12 as of this morning. And she likes it so far, sometimes she wants to linger more around certain animals and tells me she wanna "touch" them. And when I flick to the next one, she'd ask me "where where" completed with the sign and hand gesture. Quite funny. Hahahahahaha... So, I have to let her linger a lot longer
happy.gif

I did have a lot of teething issues though 'cos the software had a bug where existing acc holders like me could not register the product back to our account. There was a lot of back and forth and I only managed to get everything sorted out a week later. That was the frustrating part... I will be installing LM later this week to ensure that everything is A-OK...

Daisybuttons: wah wah wah... sounds exciting leh. I think I will enjoy more than C! Maybe I should go with HB and relived my childhood again! Hahahahahahahaha</font>

<font color="aa00aa">daisy button,
pretty good deal.

YPG,
you are so cute! kekeke... next year CNY falls on early 1st week of Feb.
</font>

ypg,
maybe u r right..think i hv to stand on my hb side liao.. coz now hb is the bad guy and me the gd one.. hmmm maybe coz of this shawn knows how to test my patience. anyway thanks for ur adv
happy.gif

daisy,
seems like ur boy really enjoy lots at USS.. me also plan to go soon. any idea tod need to pay enterance fee?

<font face="comic sans ms"><font color="0000ff">hi ladies,

my mummies from other thread was talking abt USS too.

Universal Studio Singapore
Ticket Type Adult* (Ages 13 to 64)
Child* (Ages 4 to 12)
Senior* (Age 65 and above)

So more worth to go b4 kiddies turns 4yo :p</font></font>

koalababy,
Playclub has 2 or 3 times a week.

Karen,
The radio also has the alternative sound that the letter makes leh. Like 'g' makes the sound 'ger' and sometimes 'jer'.

Joanne,
Regina has 2 of those leggings. Heehee!

busybee,
Not sure if you heard but the ang mo boy in our class said 'xie xie' to Jovannah. Heehee!

Jelly,
Can add my order for the alphapet explorer too? Thanks. Will pm you just in case.

<font color="aa00aa">cheer bear
I have seen the kids in wenxuan's playgroup drink milk using milk bottles leh. I believe it is from nursery onwards bah. Since wenxuan is only attending half day school, I make it in such a way that he will drink a bottle of milk (210ml) at around 7.30am before he go to school. He will have his lunch at around 11.15-11.30am and so he dont have to drink milk while he is in school.
As for wenmin I think I'm going to have some problems. By the time she starts school she is only 19mths and I guess I have to prepare milk powder and milk bottles for her to bring along to school. </font>

Buffy,
That's what I told my hubby... I said let's leave regina with my mum and we go for all the rides in Universal Studios. Hahaha! And he tsk-ed tsk-ed me.

daisybuttons,
Was it crowded? Long queues?

<font color="aa00aa">re: USS
I want to go there again! Had lots of fun when we went there last time and the kids enjoyed themselves very much. Think this round will be even better since it is officially open liao!!!</font>

mint, it was crowded but we started early. and the rides very fast, so hardly any queue. except the treasure hunters. Shrek 4D also had to wait a while, the rest were ok.
happy.gif

daisybuttons,

u went on a weekday? I can only go on Sunday or school holidays. Think the queue will be crazy.

icylemon,

Guess I cant try for a baby in Bangkok. The EDD may be in Feb. Wat if I deliver early? Tong Tong is born in week 37, also quite early.

USS:
wow.. so many mummies here bring kiddo there...
How much is the ticket huh?? anyone knows??

Jelly,
Mind send me the price list once u got it from that contact?? thks..

ypg,
wow.. u planning for rabbit baby alr arg?? baby dust to u.. kee...

mint and buffy, nothing wrong with leaving the small ones at home and going there! heehee. alternatively, buy a 2 day pass $118, go consecutive days, first day on your own, 2nd day bring the kid. hahahaaaa.... my friend went with hubby alone, took all the rides, checked them all out for which ones to bring her boy to, then bringing him this weekend.

<font face="comic sans ms"><font color="0000ff">Ops...

http://www.rwsentosa.com/language/en-US/Attractions/UniversalStudiosSingapore/Tickets

<table border=1><tr><td>Ticket Type</TD><TD></TD><TD>Adult*</TD><TD></TD><TD>Child*</TD><TD></TD><TD>Senior* </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>(Ages 13 to 64)</TD><TD></TD><TD>(Ages 4 to 12)</TD><TD></TD><TD>(Age 65 and above) </TD></TR><TR><TD>One Day Weekday1 Pass</TD><TD></TD><TD>66</TD><TD></TD><TD>48</TD><TD></TD><TD>32 </TD></TR><TR><TD>One Day Weekend2 Pass</TD><TD></TD><TD>72</TD><TD></TD><TD>52</TD><TD></TD><TD>36 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Two Day Pass</TD><TD></TD><TD>118</TD><TD></TD><TD>88</TD><TD></TD><TD>58 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Annual Pass- Fun Pass6</TD><TD></TD><TD>318</TD><TD></TD><TD>238</TD><TD></TD><TD>188 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Annual Pass-Superstar Pass</TD><TD></TD><TD>1,098</TD><TD></TD><TD>828</TD><TD></TD><TD>738 </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ticket Type</TD><TD></TD><TD>Off- Peak3</TD><TD></TD><TD>Peak4</TD><TD></TD><TD>Super Peak5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Universal Express* (In addition to your admission ticket)</TD><TD></TD><TD>30</TD><TD></TD><TD>48</TD><TD></TD><TD>68 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
Weekday1 refers to Monday to Fridays, excluding Black-Out Dates
Weekend2 refers to Saturdays, Sundays and Black-Out Dates
Off Peak3 refers to Weekdays
Peak4 refers to Weekdays on School Holidays
Super Peak5 refers to Weekends and Black-Out Dates
Refer to this seasonal chart for Weekends, school holidays and black-out dates.
For Fun Pass, check out the black-out dates here.
Fun Pass6: For Guests who purchase their Fun Pass during the soft opening period (18 March till 1 April), they will be given the opportunity to visit the park ONE (1) time prior to 5 April, at which time their annual membership will begin.
* As the park may not be crowded at all times, we recommend that you purchase the express pass only after you have arrived at the park</font></font>

tweety
i would probably just submit the list i am consolidating now. do u mind telling me what you want and i will let you all know the pricing via email? thanks!

Tweety,

No baby dusts yet! Hehe... Must wait till Sep better. Cause I dun want Tong Tong to be alone. I finally realise how lonely an only child can be.

<font face="comic sans ms"><font color="0000ff">vanilla,

there are brush in the market that for brushing the inside of the straw. I got it from pigeon.</font></font>

<font color="aa00aa">share with u gals something. this Regine really "qi si wo"

recently i have been scolding Rachel becoz of her behaviour &amp; her homework.

while i m scolding the jie jie, this Regine look at me and ask me to shut up. she do the action "sshhh...." with her mouth "tu tu". damn cute. dunno to get angry with her becoz she asks me to keep quiet or laugh at her becoz her mouth "tu tu".
</font>

thks Daisybutton and blur for the ticket price..
If include all the ride, it seems not v ex ya..

Jelly,
I'm interested in
Fridge Phonics® Magnetic Alphabet Set, Learn &amp; Groove® Musical Table,Fridge Farm™ Magnetic Animal Set and Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo

Thks for the help..

<font color="aa00aa">mint &amp; vanilla, the straw is from pigeon. is meant for mag mag cup but it can be used for all types of bottles with straw. kiddy palace is selling at $2.90. Taka Baby Fair is selling between $2.05 - $2.20. is the same thing blur p mentioned.</font>

<font color="119911">tweety,
better to pm jelly, in case she is busy at work &amp; miss your post here
happy.gif
</font>

Back