(2008/09) Sep 2008

<font color="0000ff">Happy New Year to all mummies!!!

Made any new year resolutions?

Springz
*pat on back* wah... keep up the good work manz.. i'm so envious of ur milk ss

Bigtoes
K looks so happy in his swim suit. he muz have been looking forward to another swim session
happy.gif

Ok, i'm still office now.. will try to knock off n be home with my darling soon
happy.gif
</font>

Jaymickey ... yeah , no prob. 1st time to go for sept mum gathering wor.

Any mummies who brought christmas clothes such a santa clothing for baby can sell me? intend to give bb a late christmas photo shoot

happy new year to all mums!
happy.gif
isn't it amazing that just 12 months ago, we were just starting out in our pregnancy and now we all have a big bundle of joy with us? :D It's such a blessing!

Limay - I am trying to order the CNY romper after reading what u wrote. Did u go to "yu hua" in Chinatown to look too?

CNY Romper
I've got the CNY romper from the BP &amp; it's really nice, the quality is not bad too for the price. Only thing is the smallest size is still a little too big for Baby D, so hopefully in a month's time, it'l fit him just nice.

Lanolin
Yue Hwa doesn't have those rompers for babies, only for toddlers. I went there hoping to buy those chinese hats with a pigtail but they are all too big for D's head!

Bigtoes
K looks cool in that wetsuit &amp; cap. I bought a black one for D too, it's a thermal wetsuit with a matching cap, just have not gotten round to bringing him to the pool yet. Do you wear swim diapers for him underneath the suit?

Happy New Year to all Mummies.

Just came back from a wedding dinnner, faint... it a wedding dinner n they make until like seventh month gei tai. Half way the dinner, decide to go home, can't really stand the loud noise. it was in a resturant n the speaker they usede, just like the gei tai, was so loud. waste my ang bao.

Happy New Year to all Sept Mummies!

I am really happy to know you all from this forum and share our ups and downs, info and knowledge on this forum! May 2009 be a great year for all of us!

Happy New Year and may 2009 bring all our babies all the best of health and grow handsome and pretty!

Springz - wow so much milk. I too had to place half of my milk at my brother's freezer. I know exactly what you mean by feeling so engorged, in preparation for work . i tried it yesterday by dragging more than 5 hours and i ended up with sore nipples due to pumping.I will update when i start work next week. wow can refreeze? i just follow a 4 hour rule of throwing away milk not consumed in case it turns bad since babies cannot tell us.

dseptkon - i am making wild guesses that diet will cause cradle cap cause he was fine till i stop restricting my diet. My part-time cleaner, who is a study mum says my baby has "ri qi" due to what i eat. what mineral oil did you use? can share brand and where to get.

missy - thanks, will go look for anything that can cure little e

storeberry - actually i had hand me downs from my brother and friend. You can get it from The first few years at KKH or Paragon. Its call DEX Secure Sleeper Ultra. It costs $59.
Then there is another which is just the support and that is 2 triangles at $21, can get at Robinsons as i did not see it at The first few years.(i went shopping today)
i improvised since physio say must be one round and one triangle side support. the Dex Secure is 2 round and the support is 2 triangles and since i have both, i reinvented it such that little e tilts to his unfavourite side to sleep. So far so good. Just that he tends to toss and turn his way till he gets to his favourite side.
Oh storeberry - must do exercises. I'll pm you so that i can fax you the exercises.

PROGRESS
Little e today did something new, he keeps pulling his shirt and he also did a turn by kicking. am so amazed.

Bigtoes - where did you buy him his swimsuit? So nice. i want to get one for my boy too.

mei

u koe of anyone who would want to have the frozen bm?

storeberry

i using the avent milkbags..it was discontinued now..tts y i gota source for another brand liao..the laninosh can keep only so little? 160ml only? abit sayang lei..is the playtex 1 good? coz tts cheaper..

Just brought Carine for her 5in1 jab..shes 8.25kg @4mths...Till now,she still show no sign of flipping &amp; i asked PD abt it..he asked me to let hre have tummy time more often..hmm
sad.gif
have to be more diligent liao.at least now her heads can lift up abit liao..although not very high yet...

<font color="0077aa">Wishing all mummies a wonderful 2009 with healthy babies and great bonding with them!!</font>

Okies, before everyone rushes off to buy the VIA cups, I've to say that it has its downfalls.

1. There were 2-3 occasions where it leaked while feeding baby. THen later I was more careful in how I screw the adaptor/ lid on.. need technique one.

2. Lilboymum is right. SHort shelf life. Manufacturer advice dispose after 3 usage. But ppl have used longer than that and it is ok. Having said that it IS rather flimsy. [But compared to milk bags, these offer some relief as it can be recycled..)

3. The volume markings are very faint. When chilled/ frozen can hardly see it at all!!!

Check out: http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Avent-Breast-Milk-Storage/dp/B00018XCS8/ref=pd_cp_ba_1?pf_rd_p=413863701&amp;pf_rd_s=center-41&amp;pf_rd_t=201&amp;pf_rd_i=B000056JAZ&amp;pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&amp;pf_rd_r=0B5BKWTY357SYDDFXDT2 for the mixed reviews...

milk_family - how do you do it???? Can share pl? I'm back now after 5 hours and again engorged..
sad.gif

Jas - I can TOTALLY identify with how you feel even though I start work on Fri! But helper has been with baby pretty often and I could feel the distance already. But strangely like many mummies posted, babies somehow know who their mummies are, even if they respond more to caregiver. This is more evident at todd stage. On flipping, think about it this way, you could be at home with baby but taking a shower and baby r happens to wake up and helper happens to see her 1st turn! Doesn't mean that you need to be at home to see all the milestones. For e.g. I was busy packing and missed lil s' first laughter. In fact yesterday lil s gave me new yr pressie - she turned!! I nearly missed it as well (only saw half of it as my body was turned to helper to tell her something and she witnessed the whole thing!) So don't feel bad ya, just continue to spend whatever time u have with lil R.. even if it is 1-2 hrs, quality time makes a huge diff...

Flos - yup! pump > chilled > warmed up > freezed balance of 20-40ml? but now that I am feeding frozen BM, will have to stop this..

Millie - I only pump 2 hrly when ss is down. It is to simulate more demand. I don't think I'll do it when I start work.

Tinkerbell - tks tks.. am trying to do increase by hr hahah..

Gunibabe - tks! Will 'command' my body!!! mhahaha...

Bigtoes- as usual, Kieran looks so cute!
happy.gif

mummies- thank you for compliments.. really it is nothing. I just pumped 3 hrly although lil S drinks 4 hrly. Also although she sleeps through night, I pumped 3 hrly still. So everyday prob can pump 1 extra for her, which I freeze.. the 'milk bar' is these daily additions since Oct!!

Some updates:

1. Yesterday did a trail run on baby transportation to in-laws at 640am and ran through the morning routine with MIL. Timing was quite ok and thank God in-laws finally understand that baby cries to sleep not coz of heat/ tiredness but it is just her way of struggling to sleep..

whoa my MIL is VERY CLEAN lor!!!! She actually keeps the sponges/ bottle brushes into the cupboard every night.. says got lizard around! Also, she will take the sponges/ bottle brushes out of the kitchen when she is cutting meats coz she say will contaminate!!!

2. Baby Flipping.. mentioned that lil S out of the blue arched her back the day before to touch stuff above her head. By afternoon, she was 3/4 turned (left heavy head). Then yesterday she has been trying to lift up her head and again in the afternoon executed it (was so fast!) After that she has been flipping everytime she is placed on back!
sad.gif

Signs to watch out for - Besides arching of back, which Mei mentioned, I noticed that lil S kicks up her legs waist high to give her the momentum to swing around. so watch out for that too and can assist baby to 'show' movement
happy.gif
Also, I confess that I thought my hand-me-down baby cot bumper is really ugly but the contrasting colours were the attractive thing that caused s to arch backwards! So mummies can consider bright stuff in cot??
happy.gif

flos - i think I'm like you.. bought pastel coloured stuff from mamas and papas.. all in cupboard now
sad.gif
think babies really prefer bright colours!

See lil S with ugly cot bumper.. found her like this at 5am yesterday...

2033152.jpg
2033153.jpg

<font color="0000ff">Mei
which romper did u get for baby D? Now wondering if the size i got is too big...

Springz
wah.. congrats on the progress of lil' S... hehe she will turn soon
happy.gif

Max hasn't turned yet, sighz...</font>

springz

congrats on lil s flipping..a milestone reach..i am still waiting for carine to show some sign..haiz..u very hardworking lei still maintain 3hrly pump..i already drag to 4/5hrly liao..nite time worse i dun get up pump..will usually last pump at 1/2am then till i wake up at 7/8am

<font color="0077aa">Springz: Lil" S looks so cute from her back also!!! Kekek... You are one diligent mummy on the pumping sessions, I had long already stopped my night pumping.

Angeline: Playtex is alot cheaper but am not too sure the cost cos they were given to me by my sis. I saw on the slip inside the Lasinoh milkbag that it state 160ml or I saw it wrongly.. Jessi, you are using Lasinoh milkbags right? What the max you are storing?

Sasa: Don't worry, smallberry also never turn yet, on one hand I wish he can turn faster but on the other I hope he don't turn so fast cos if not everytime got to watch out for him. And usually if baby's mototr skills is slower then prob linguistic wise is faster? LOL!!</font>

<font color="ff0000">HAPPY NEW YEAR MUMMIES!!!</font>

<font color="119911">
kao_cheers.gif

HAPPY 2009 MOMMIES!!!

SWIMSUIT -
Mommies looking for cheap and cute swimsuits - I got K's from Kiddy Palace during a sale, but came across the same one at OG Chinatown. Pretty cheap at $26+, but I think there is a 10% discount for OG members. There are other cute options there as well, including a couple with thermal padding, but these are abit bigger (think at least 9 month old sizes). Even baby K's is abit big (though its size 1), cos most manufacturers only make sizes from 6 months and above.

Mei (meie) - Yes, K uses the Huggies swim pants (S size, 7-12kg) beneath his swimsuit.
happy.gif

lanolin (lanolin) - Nope, didn't go to Yu Hwa to check on CNY clothes, usually just by pass the shop. I know they have pretty cheongsams, but the last i went, I remembered that the stuff there are all at tourist pricing (read - overpriced).</font>

Angeline: i used Playtex before, got it from a WTS thread for $10 per box for 125 liners. it's cheap but i don't think it's good cos it leaked a few times. waste my precious milk! then after that i always use 2 liners at a time, put one inside another just in case it leak.

storeberry: i never follow the instructions in the box :p i can store up to 230ml in the bag. once i pour 300ml in, but it can't stand well, i think too full already.

Bigtoes,
Can i know which shop in chinatown did u get the cny rompers?
I wanted to buy from the bp but all red color for the smallest size is out of stk. so trying to source else where.

Mei,
U get ur romper from cuteeland bp rite? issit size 60 for boy? ah still too big ah? i aso order one for my 3mth old boy but hvn recd yet. can i know how tall is ur boy?

wow, congrats springz! once they discover that they can flip, they'll keep doing it right?

night pumps
i also haven't been diligent with these at all. really need to try and do it again cos my bb's suddenly asking for more milk these few days.

that time my parents also went to chinatown to find cny clothes for baby k. end up they walk a lot places to find then finally found cheap ones above the market. yue hwa selling 20+ the plc above market selling 12+

BLESSED &amp; PROSPEROUS 2009 to ALL MUMMIES, DADDIES &amp; BABIES! May all of us find new joy in whatever we do and in our families!

Just want to ask how do you define flipping as opposed to turning? Thought flippin means turning from front to back or from tummy to front OR is it turning to side?

I also wonder when mine will turn. About a month back he already started turning to his side, but then still no sign of going from front to back or vice versa. Also tummy time is erratic for him. SOmetimes he will lift his head up high and be happy trying to move. Other times, he will cry like mad.

happy new year mummies!
happy.gif

i got the CNY rompers from cuteeland bp too. I got the one with matching cap and romper. I got size 70, then when I received it, I think GuniBoy can wear it now! I hope he can still wear it when CNY comes! Guniboy is 6.9kg and 67cm at 3 mths 3 weeks 4 days old when we measured him at home.

mei: did you wash the romper? I dun dare to wash it after I saw that it fits him just nicely now. I'm afraid it'll shrink and then he can't wear, I'll waste my $17!

Happy and Healthy New Year Mummies!

heehee. just a thought, whatever bb wears for CNY, should make sure got pockets... realise that pp like to tuck the red pack into bb's pockets since he/she cannot hold things properly yet...
happy.gif
somehow, passing it to daddy/mummy doesnt have the same "kick" :p

Happy new year everybody!

haha.. CNY rompers.. I think we'll have babies wearing the same romers during our gathering since most of us are ordering from the BP!

Hi Springz, for chilled EBM, once you warmed up for your baby to drink, and if your baby can't finish the 100ml (eg), and drink only 80ml, you mean you can still chill and freeze the 20ml?? I thought once they can't finish the balance, you'll have to discard after an hour?

HI,

im from Aug mommies thread..

Anybody interested in getting a Pikkolo carrier? Can PM me.
happy.gif

Re: rompers
If ur staying at queenstown/redhill, there is this push cart @ Dawson Place (opp honda showroom) selling bb CNY clothes. The price is same as the spree. If the size is OOS at the spree, maybe can try ur luck at the pushcart... HTH!
happy.gif

Today we went to D's great-grandma's house for dinner. Great-grandma went to rub a piece of char siew on D's lips!!!!!!!!! I was so mad upon seeing that but controlled myself &amp; quickly told my hubby. Then, he immediately went to clean D's mouth. The cloth was stained with the char siew sauce.. WALAU!!!! After that, my hubby kept a close watch to make sure she don't rub anymore food on his lips!

Angeline
I'll PM you re the donation of the BM.

sasa
I got size 60.

Millie
I wanted to get the hat but they were all too huge for D's head.

li
Yes, from cuteeland's BP. I got size 60 but it's slightly big for him. He's 65.5cm tall &amp; 6.88kg now.

Gunibabe
I washed it already, it didn't shrink. Guniboy's tall that's why it fits him well.

Hi Rachel, My friend who is a nurse says it is ok to freeze unfinished EBM. If baby is unable to finish the chilled 150ml EMB and leaves 40ml, I will let the 40ml stay for half an hr to see if she still can finish. If not, I'll freeze it (not chill). This is the method my friend taught me..

Sarah - Not sure of the definition... but to me flipping is the same as rolling over. Lil S started by turning to her side then swung her head up till she is tummy time position (think Sphinx.. tummy down, head up, elbow 90 deg)

Mei: that's so horrifying! wat was great grandma thinking?! scared baby D hungry ah?!! hee, no more dinners at great grandma's place till D can eat solids liao! haha

that's great! I hsall wash it then!GuniBoy not putting on weight but he's growing taller cos he's teething and refuse to drink milk.
sad.gif
His second tooth coming out liao, can feel the sharpness.

regarding the rompers , i gei kian (act clever) haha got for my girl size 70 and ended up too long got to fold up the part at the leg.

she only 5.5kg at 3mths

mei,
can pm me your contact for donation of ebm? i have 2mths old ebm to give away.

anyone of u interested? can pick up from my place.

springz, i also freeze the same way jessi does. freeze flat 1st (see right side of photo), then organise in chronologically order (left side of photo). i label all my milkbags with date, time &amp; a running serial no. for easy tracking. think with my freezer space, i can only keep 50-60 bags max. have to keep clearing to make space &amp; to ensure my stocks are fresh.
2035207.jpg

storeberry, i store abt 200ml per lansinoh milkbag. no particular reason why 200ml, just thot it's a nice wholesome no.

oh, i dun use via cups cos with my "storage pattern", i would need 60 cups, which can be only be rotated every 2 months. and if i choose to give away my ebm, cannot expect me to give away my via cups right? lansinoh is still a cheaper alternative for me.

for my FB gal, i gave away all the earlier frozen ebm. only when i start to wean off breastfeeding, then i dip into my stocks to "supplement" her daily requirements. i can say, i only use abt 15-20% of all the milkbags i have ever stored. seems wasteful but i'm still following the same pattern for my SB boi.

twendy
PM-ed you already.

Like you, I have been freezing my excess BM too since D was born &amp; have only used one packet so far. I just store &amp; keep &amp; when the BM is around 2 months old, I'll donate or throw away.

GuniBabe
Scary right? We'll next go to her place during CNY, need to keep a close watch then.

Don't worry, it's normal to have reduced appetite when teething. Have you got him some teething gel to reduce his discomfort? Can get Dentinox, that was what my PD prescribed for D.

Springz
You also bought some bandana bibs for lil S? They're super nice!! I posted some pixs of D on my FB sporting them, they make a great fashion accessory.
happy.gif

Mei: How many month is ur boy?
know what, my mum say when my ger is 4 mths old, we should get a pc of pork to rub her mouth. reason: she can start eating after we do that.
as for MIL n HB's grandma: same thing and also buy a 'poh pian' to hang around her neck, Reason: she won't be drooling anymore.
Hmmmm.... I was telling my friend about this, got this rule. then all those who don't know this rules, bb can't eat.
Anyway, sooneer or later, all these traditional rules will be gone cos all the youngster nowaday will not follow these rules anymore.

Jasmine
He'll be 4 months old this weekend. I am aware of this 'ritual' but don't think great grandma was performing it as she asked me how old he is after that. She was just trying to feed him while she was having her dinner too.

Actually I only intend to give my baby solids when he turns 6 months but my MIL keeps asking me to give him when he turns 4 months. Everytime she sees me, she'll talk to my baby &amp; ask him if he wants to eat, milk not enough right? Using him to hint to me. One day, she asked me if my milk is enough for him, after that, Baby D immediately vomitted out some milk &amp; my hubby said to her 'Too much milk, that's why he vomit out.' So funny, she kept quiet after that.

I don't understand, there is no added advantage of starting on solids early if baby is growing well on BM alone, why rush??

mei, can pm me the no to give away BM? thanx

twendy and springz, do you have problem with lasinoh bags? mine leaked when defrosted. i never stored beyond 180ml in those bags.

also what are bandana bibs? sounds cute!

Mei,

OMG! HOW CAN! Did your bb lick the sauce? Is your bb is pretty tall, is that why his great grandma thinks he is ready to makan?

re: Big Babies
little miow is also pretty big, @ 3 months he is 8.25kg, 64 cm . everyone keeps thinking that he is much older. Sometimes they simply just forget how young little miow is and carry him high up in the air/ ask him to stand/ bounce on their laps.
I had to jokingly tell them that, "OOI, he is only 3 mths, cannot jump lah"
I'll have heart attack if they start swinging him round n round.
2035499.gif

just ordered 2 bibs. really cute

miow
My baby is 65.5cm, maybe Great Grandma thinks he's a big boy already but still, even if he can take solids, char siew???!!! I don't think he licked, coz after she swiped his mouth with it, my hubby quickly wiped the sauce away with his bib &amp; after that we wiped with the mouth wet wipes.

I agree with you, people sometimes forget that our babies are only 3/4 months because of their size &amp; appearance &amp; want to do stuff to them like babies of 6 months &amp; above. Wow, your baby is big!!
happy.gif

Baby looks very cool when they sport the bib.

koras / Limay - thanks for the tips re new year clothes
happy.gif
I'll go to the market there when I have the time to pop by Cheong Choon as well. I ended up ordering a romper from cuteeland as well!

Going back to work ----- WAIL!!! Am going back to work on Monday. My husband suspects that I will be attacked by major baby withdrawal syndrome!!! Gina Ford suggests that we start the new routine 3 weeks before it actually happens, which obviously I didn't do!!!
sad.gif
I hope it somehow works out on Monday.

Meie - keep a good watch on Baby D!!!! It's scary what some of these well-meaning older folks can do!!

semi-solids - I also wonder why so many people r trying to get me to start him early. Baby sitter is asking me when to start but I think it's because he is rejecting the bottle and it is difficult to feed him!!! Is this happening to any of ur babies? I fret about it coz I'm going back to work and he's going to starve if he doesn't take my EBM from the bottle!!

lanolin: aiyo. what is it with these ppl? hope your babysitter doesn't try to pressure you into feeding semi-solids early. just tell her what your PD says. I find many supposedly experienced baby caregivers (babysitters and CLs) rather ignorant of medical information pertaining to baby growth and devt.

mei: eeks! beware of the great grandma!!!

jasmine: what's a poh pian?

miow: cannot swing him around? why ah? i fly my baby above my head because it stops him crying and seems to love it. i read in a baby care book that it is alright to play this flying game with baby as it builds her trust in you. of cos with the right support and not be vigorous.

kymkym: where are you these days? btw, i know why the dragonfly on the jumperoo is flaccid! because when the baby jumps, it can knock on the rim for noise. hahah. also it is bendable, making it easier for bb to grab at. helps dev their fine motor skills. mine loves to reach for the dragonfly. i m soooo glad i invested in this. it keeps him occupied!!! he sits on it for at least half an hour each day.

springz: thanks! i am waiting patiently for him to flip then! hehe. trying to give him more physical exercise time. btw, little s can sleep thru the nite already? and she if on TBM!!!! well done!!! i pray mine will start soon.

twendy: faints! a lot of milk! you pump frequently huh? i been lazy. and i also realise i hardly use any of the milk. i guess i should still try to pump at least twice a week to build up some storage for use later.

Happy New Year!!1

Thanks all mummies who have confirmed their attendance. I am still pending confirmation from the list below.. Kindly let me have ur attendance soon.

1 Xuanting + hb + bb
2 Angeline + bb (hb tbc)
3 preggie + cristian + hb
4 Crayonshin + sumo
5 cupcakes + FB +BB +HB
6 dollyNEYUKO + BB + HB
7 Littlepea + baby
8 Chewy + Zen + Zac ( HB TBC)
9 Rachel + bb + hb
10 happy mummy + bb+ hb
11 jgwee + bb (HB TBC)
12 lok+ Jo-Jo brothers + maid (HB TBC)
13 cloud + bb + maid (TBC)
14 stefseansharbabes + sharmaine + HB (TBC)

Back