(2008/09) Sep 2008

hi all,
so happy today after my gynae visit, m now at my 8wks n can c baby n a strong heartbeat. so relief cos e last visit at 5wks only saw a sac.

xuanmommy, can add me in yr updates.. EDD 28/9, TMC, DR Kee WH.

hope all's well for every1.

happy.gif

xuanting (xuanting) - what baby first baby incentive thing are u referring to? I need to check with the nurses on my next visit - doing my OSCAR on 25th Feb. The 10% applies to the OSCAR test as well ya? Thanks for letting me know.

aloevera (loever)- hopefully, i won't need to make any unscheduled visits to Dr Tan. Doubt it would be free thou, cos the cheapest she charges is also $60 for the shortest time block. The scan slip is free & i would assume she would scan at each visit (is this the one you are referring to?: http://bigfattoes.multiply.com/photos/album/117/Our_1st_baby_photos_at_9_weeks_5_days)

Hi all MTBs, other than pimples do u all get very dry skin?

my skin become so dry and flaky, especially on my legs, face and even my nipples.
so sad.. look like a snake changing skin liddat.

Congrats milkmilk:)... Looks like our EDD is the same....

Seeing my gynae again tomoro and looking forward to seeing bb's heartbeat again....

Can anyone pls share... can see bb's heartbeat is a good sign is it??
Chances of survival higher??

hi bigtoes, if u take up her package then it's free. but u make let her nurse know first. if WK tan asks u to go down n see her, then it's considered as scheduled.

u noe wat, the nurse told me tat the scan slip costs $10 each! but i had them all free during my first kid. she said she has checked with both wk tan n m tan's nurses... dunno why they said tat! =(

skinny pig, kind of a paranoid now... worried bb's heartbeat still there or not... cos my sis lose hers in the 10th week when bb's heartbeat stop....

I guess every MTB would feel paranoid in every way about the baby's progress... Scared of this and scared of that... I feel the same way too...

Just take it easy and relax..
happy.gif

storeberry
me ms v bad... today whole day i'm throwing up, tired, sleepy. Hmm ruyi oil i dunno. I wldn't use it now but mebbe I'm just paranoid. Since u used it already no pt worrying, not gd for bb. Just think positive!
happy.gif

regarding looking preggers
dun think i put on any weight. But last time my first tri i also din put on. Suddenly after that whoosh! Total weight gain for preg was 12kg...

regarding 2nd tri
well for me 2nd tri was my happiest time. I was zipping aong, walking at top speed, eating all i liked, even cheated a bit on the sashimi. Hee. 3rd tri esp 8 mths onwards... so heavy like a whale... stomach also fet v tight, cannotsleep properly...

wingkei,

my package also like bigtoes cos same clinic. But unschedued consultation is $80.
Also, think my delivery charges r cheaper since big toes's is caesarean.
But i don;t intend to stay in a deluxe room.

cynthia: My gynae says seeing the baby's heartbeat means there's a 90% chance of success.
happy.gif

xuanmommy, my EDD is actually in early oct. But I'll be going for a c-section, so I gues it will ultimately be in sep.
happy.gif

Stretchmark cream: I used palmers cocoa butter last time. No stretch mark, tummy sui sui.
happy.gif

hi bbmouse:)

Currently on hospital leave and depending on how long my gynae wanna give me... if not I'll take unpaid leave... Thankfully my manager very understanding....

Think I jus need to relax now and try not to let everything get into my nerve.... especially my hubby... haha

Porky,
Glad to hear ur baby is doing well. Congrats!

Bigtoes,
I visited Dr W K Tan today and is now in 8 weeks now. I quite like her cos she's quite patient and caring as u've mentioned b4. Even my hubby has very gd impression of her.

Now i'm very confused, cos I prefer to deliver at GlenE and have actually visited a gynae at GlenE for the 1st visit. He's Dr Peter Chew and is very famous in GlenE as well. He's quite patient too, but somehow i sort of think Dr W K Tan is more detailed in the sense that she takes longer time to scan my bb and gave me 3 scan photos . Unlike at GlenE, i was given 1 photo only and have short time in scanning.

I am afraid i would regret my decision should i choose either one. Anyone has any advice ?

storeberry... my spotting reduced but hor i dunno why everytime i "ba bian" i sure have more spotting when i wipe... sometimes v scared to go bian bian... haha
Oh i really hope after this trimester can get rid of spotting. When i am in my MIL hse, i always spot less....maybe becos her hse smaller n i am confined in a smaller place i dun walk so much and hence dun spot as much....

Precious, i also hv a lump on my armpit... but hor it has been there for many many many yrs liao. The lump quite big n onli feel pain if i press it... other then tat it doesnt affect or make me feel any difference... but hor since preg i feel it getting a bit bigger... dunno why like tt lor

Mrs Yap, I also get spotting when I wipe. Dunno when this will go away. Did you gynae ee some blood clot during your scan? Mine said there's some blood clot. Are u on medical leave?

Goldfish: I was also hoping for another month of maternity leave. But don't have. Actually in Asia, Singapore's ML is already the highest I think. You know, as an employer (I'm not one lah), having too many baby producing-age female is really quite headache - once pregnant, the person will be away for def 3 mths maternity when she delivers; but before that, sure will take lots of leave, esp in the first trimester, like a lot of us here. *sighz*

Milkmilk, happy for you. Hope I can share the same good news when I go for my next check-up, also my 8th week then.
happy.gif

Actually a faint blinking (ie heartbeat) was picked up during my 6th week, but was so faint the color monitor couldn't capture it. Now I have brown discharge on and off. Wonder how my little one is doing.

Mikojade, yeh, we’ve e same EDD
happy.gif
can c heartbeat of cos it’s a good sign, its e 1st phrase to expect. In actual fact, e whole journey of pregnancy is worrying, the final joy will be seeing our baby on our hand and doc announce him healthy. I lost my 1st baby at 16wks, also no heartbeat, no reasons given too, but now I’m a happy mummy. Must always stay positive
happy.gif
how come u on HL?

bbmouse, sure to hear yr good news e next visit, when is it?

Re : pimples
I also 1 of e victim, jus kena a very painful 1 yesterday. Any1 knows if its safe to apply those medicated cream given by doc?

Hi,

just went for scan..can see the shape and heart beat
happy.gif
can include me, xuanmommy?
EDD: 22 Sep 08
Dr: SF Loh (KKH)

Hi Cynthia,

Are u also under Dr Loh? Did he ask u to take multi-vitamins? I was not given any multi-vitamins, not sure if it is recommended?

Hi xuanting (xuanting),
Where can we find the info on the benefit on scan etc?

Milkmilk: My next visit will be next next tues on 26 feb - the 1st birthday of my #1.
happy.gif
Will bring her along to see the heartbeat of the little didi or meimei.

Rabbit: Congrats on the good news.

Hi Millie, has Porky reply on tonight appt??

Mummmies, yah, super paraniod about bb's heartbeat & whether bb is well or not.. Hiaz..

Mrs Yap, did you forced the bian bian to come out? Maybe that's why have spotting... Don't worry, take your hormone tablets & all will be fine.
happy.gif

bbmouse, gynae said I had a blodd clot but it will go away soon. So I am faithfully taking medication now.

millie, i think u have mistaken....i am not doing well...

just came back from Dr Adrian's clinic. he say cant detect my bb anymore. but the sac is still there. he suggest that 1 do 2 blood test to confirm. already done 1 today and will go back on monday to do the 2nd blood test. so sad....

storeberry, thanks. in fact me & hubby has already prepared for the worst. if this pregnancy is really no good, then shall end it and look forward to the next one. will see the blood result on tuesday loh. u also take care ya and enjoy the whole pregnancy.

bbmouse, ya doc did say i got a blood clot and even scan n print for me to see... quite a reasonable amount flowed out n i hope the next scan no more. I check with u all... what is those brown blood that come out?? Is it the blood that is suppose to come out as menses if we not pregnant? How did it turn brown leh...

Li-May, u also had fibroids surgery before right? Did yr doc says it will hv any effect on the pregnancy... cos i read that the uterus will stretch v big to accommodate the bb n previous surgery on uterine will hv a higher risk of the uterus rupturing

storeberry.. i already try to use as little force as possible liao... ya i will continue to take the pills.

Porky, dun be sad... i know its hard not to but if it is the best way nature has decided, then its probably the best for you. Meanwhile u take care n continue to look after yr diet... All the best to u and hubby as u await the results on tues... *hugs*

Porky (porky_jean): Glad that you're positive about moving ahead. You still have the 2nd blood test, maybe baby is playing hide and seek. *hugs* hope to hear from you on Tue!

Porky, i think u are like buddhist/taoist? You can chant "南无观世音菩萨". Its the same as saying any other mantra/sutra. U can chant out, touch the area where doc scan for bb and let baby hears the name of "南无观世音菩萨" . Try to chant happily so if really baby has to go, also can go without longing & chanting is good for baby. I dont know how attached u are with the baby but its tough to chant without dropping a tear if one knows has to let go of baby or baby has to go.

rem dont lie on bed and chant.

I think u are still in early wks where baby still on the stages of forming hands etc. If baby is healthy, no harm chanting occassionally to baby too.

Take care.

Porky : hey, pls take care, have plenty of rest!did ur doc give any jab??...think its will help...i got it twice with the pills my spotting has stopped....and dun walk around try to lie down more... with lots of love
happy.gif

Jus to break a news to all of you....

My precious little one didn't make it.... Just came back from seeing Dr Loh and bb had no more heartbeat and wasn't growing..... Will be doing a D&C on Monday...........

hi all, thanks. we have already kan kai liao since this pregnancy like so complicated...

jang, i am taoist. but i do not know how to chant "南无观世音菩萨". actually before i go to the clinic, i also keep stroking my stomache where the doct always do the scan. i keep talking to bb and hopes he/she is fine but who knows the scan still cant find bb at all...

jane, doct did not give me any jabs cos i have no more spotting liao. only the scan cannot see bb anymore. Dr Adrian say he did a very clear scan both outside & inside but still cant find bb...so he suggest that i do the blood test then see how...

in fact i have also ask Dr Adrian why the 1st scan can see bb clearly then suddenly bb has disappear...but he also cant explain...

hi cynthia, i was very sad to hear this from u. i can fully understand how u feel now. my tears also dried up now. cant cry anymore...how many weeks are u then doct confirm no heartbeat. i did not even get to hear my bb heartbeat at all and now bb has disappear due to no reason...take good care after ur D&C and try again. all the best to u.

Thanks Porky... I'm approaching my 8th week and this morning visit was suppose to be a routine check-up but bb just didn't grow... I conceive thru IVF and have been totally drain out the last few months......

My prayers will be with you too..... Please take care....

For now... I'll just cry til my tears dry up....

porky and cynthia,
ive been there before.... i know exactly how you ladies are feeling. nothing can measure the pain you are feeling,in the meantime cry your hearts out give yourselves time to go thru this difficult period. Remember to eat and heal properly for the next baby. take care ladies.

Porky and Cynthia,

Take good care of yourselves. Don't know what I shd say to make it not sound wrong.
I'm also very afraid the same thing will happen to me. I've been praying that if God chooses to take the baby away, then pls give me the obedience to humbly obey and the strength to recover from the loss. And I'll know the reason is because the baby is unhealthy and having him/her on earth is a burden God knows I cannot bear with.

Take care.

Porky, hope you have good results from the blood test.

storeberry, jasmine, preggie and bbmouse, thanks for the blessing and care. we will recover soon. just too bad that we cant join u gals now. i can sense that the blood test might not turn out good cos Dr Adrian say he cant even see a tiny bit of fetus yesterday...

bbmouse, why u say that afraid the same thing will happen to u ?? take care too and believe in ur own religion. thats the best we can do now.

Porky, thanks for encouraging me in return.
happy.gif
I say I'm afraid because of a few reasons. #1 reason is that I'm spotting on and off. #2 my baby's heartbeat, though faint, is not confirmed yet. And finally, in the early stage of pregnancy, this can happen to anyone.
Don't worry abt other things now, you take good care and have a good rest.

Hi bbmouse, try not to think too much, sometimes we worry too much.. Know its difficult but must still try. I was also very worried during my bleeding scare, told GOD that since you gave me this baby then please help me to protect this baby for me and I will leave it in his mighty hand to take care of my baby. I think faith really keeps me going.

I was also very worried about finances & I told GOD that I am not going t think so much because he will provide for me. And guess what my client called me and told me they wanted to get something for themselves! Praise GOD!
happy.gif

cynthia, sorry to hear about e loss. do take care n stay strong. i've been thru yr stage n understand every bit of it. do cry it out n talk to some1 if need to. most importantly now is to take care of yr health n rest well.

porky, u take care too, there's still hope in e results. do rest well.

bbmouse, dun worry so much lah. relax ok. everything will be fine.
happy.gif

Back