(2008/08) Aug 2008

i put on 12kg the last time but din manage to shred so now overweight by 8kg
sad.gif
sigh but this first tri..lost abit of weight..am hoping wont be eating too much...and can bf..cos i heard bf realli can help lose weight!

Shay,

I can "dong" as I lost 0.6 kg and havent gain yet. Wah, you really can! So fast gain wt...must control.

Snow,

Wah, pei fu, how you manage to lose weight during pregnancy? So astonishing.

First pregnancy I also TBF my son till he 15 mths. All in all, i lost all my "gained wt" plus lost another 6 kg off my pre-pregnancy wt....so happy!

Nini,
Hormones can cause 1 to be very emotional during this period. Dun be too upset. Until gynae gives a go-ahead, just abstain lor....

Shay, Jang
Try adding some dates and wolfberries... good for blood and eyes.... can reduce sugar too... if can afford, add some "tong chong chao" ... very $$$ though....

M2B,
Me too cos' all my pants and jeans are too tight.... tummy too obvious.... looks like 3-4 month pregnant.... Hope that this time round can still maintain ~10kg weight gain....

BFing
Me bf till 16+ months but still din manage to shed all my weight gain during pregnancy.... goto eat well so that milk has more nutrient mah...

Craving....
No craving... more like adversion...
so many things dun want to eat....

Jang,
Me too.... for past 2 weeks being thinking whether to eat MOS Burger fries.... but the other day when I bite into it.... I lost all my appetite..... fish and garlic are NO NO on my list....

Huichin,
Can't enjoy food is such a torture.... my hubby worried that I am not eating nutriously.... only like veges.... esp bitter gourd....hahaha

huichin
bor bian leh, u 'hiao' mah. hahaha. no la maternity wear exp and if buy ugly n expensive one really heartache n eye sore

happycat
they are now on my Banned list. Bitterground very liang leh

Oh gosh now i feeling heartburn again. Throat spicy liaoz...... sobsob

some pple say cannot put tong cong cao. i think i have this in my fridge. my mum spend a bomb earlier buy for me to eat but i lazy didnt cook. Opps dont dare to tell her.

Hi Ratatoullie,

thanks for the thought. me ok.
Have been reading the thread but always at nite.. after reading so many posts was tired and went to zz liao cos my office cant access singapore motherhood they block it...

Me in my 13th week liao today.. down with slight cold and cough.. took leave today to rest and went CNY shopping... tired man..

Did my oscar test last sat my ratio is 1:13,000... anyone done this test already? was ur ratio this low? I also saw something sticking out and asked gynae is it a boy... she did a scan from the bottom and said likely but to confirm again during my next visit next mth. She printed baby bottom pic as CNY gift for me
happy.gif
AM glad cos i lost a boy last year.

Someone even gave me his seat in the train on wed... i was like har... can tell me preggy liao.. think my office pple may have guessed it too liao.. hee..

HewChen,

ur boss is really nasty... i have read an article in the papers too abt a nurse hired when she's preggy and asked to leave cos she took too many leave for personal reason and pregnancy reason... i not sure whether complaining to HR helps... think its best to complain to MOM.. Pregnancy is a joyous occasion but i guess some dun understand and only think abt u taking mc etc... Im lucky to have a really understanding boss and nice colleagues... U take care and try not to stress urself up.. nothing is more important than ur health and baby.

My appetite is really HUGEEEEEEEEE.. Morning can eat 2 prata n 1 mixed rice, then before dinner can 4 pcs Hawaiian Pizza,garlic bread,drumsticks (YUMMY!!) (They have promotions for 1 for $11 deal n pay by HSBC credit card - 6 pcs chicken drumsticks only $1!) So MTB if hungry at night, this is the best promotion to get... ;)

i started wearing maternity pants for work. coz i always run about.. comfortable.. but i still wear my normal jeans.. abit tight but wearable, pre-pregnancy must out belt or will drop..
i gain about 1.5kg.. now close to 11wk but like tummy big big also leh.

<font color="0000ff">peppermintt</font>
wah so good u can know gender liao.
happy.gif

I also did Oscar test, did it last friday. but dunno gender yet. The ratio I got for down synd risk is abt 1:11000. wah yours is better leh.

good morning mummies!
i went for my pedi yesterday..wah..cannot take the smell man...have to ren for on hour plus..but after that very happy le..cuz feet mei mei already..
happy.gif

yesterday was feeling nausea whole day..vomitted like mad in the evening..slept at 8 plus...hopefully today got energy cuz supposed to go shopping for clothes..
happy.gif

Hi Ratatouille and Mulberry,

i so happen to see something sticking out so ask gynae.. but to confirm again next mth.. after CNY, i suppose u gals will have ur next gynae visit, very fast one and u can know ur baby gender too
happy.gif

Mulberry,

i think our diff is because of a yr age diff.. im 29 and u are 30 rite? i have another colleague she did her test when she's 28 and her ratio is 1:14,000.

Good morning ladies,

My next gyane appointment be my 13th week on 6 Feb, just before CNY. Looking forward to it as doing NT scan and hubby be accompanying me as he is not working that day which is rare case!

Peppermintt: Lucky you!! I doubt I can see anything cos I am not good in spotting such details unless the gyane points out to me.

I feel like drinking lots and lots of fruit juices cos always feel very thirsty!

Hope you have a great weekend ahead!

<font color="0000ff">peppermintt</font>
my next appt is 19th Feb, i'll be 16 weeks then. Dunno can know gender or not. But usually if boy can know earlier coz got the 'stick' standing out...keke

ya, i'm 30. So, yeah that should be the reason why yours is lower. Actually, according to statistics, for my age (30yo), gynae said as long as >600 if low risk liao. So I'm very happy with 11000...keke

peppermintt, mayb if u dun mind care to share wif me ur baby pic which show the stick so dat i can visualise how it should b like if is a boy &amp; look out during my next scan.

Jang,
I think 3.71kg consider quite big. Ya, had it natural w/o epidural..yippie! Hope to do it again this time round.

I double boiled the bird nest. I used the double boil clay pot (the size of a mug)and put 1 pc of the bird nest and fill the cup half full. The bird nest that I bought (from Hock Hua) is already cleaned and thus no need to pick the feather but needs to soak for 1.5~1hr b4 cooking.

Happycat,
I've almost forgotten that I've got tong chong chao too! Will have to add into the bird nest when i cook tomorrow........thanks for reminding ya!

RTCP, Happycat,
Wah I salute 2 of u can bf till 15~16 mths! I only did it for 9 mths
sad.gif
Gotta persevere for the 2nd one.

looks like after cny, a few mummies here can start announcing the gender of their bb ya.....just can't wait. Mine also has something sticking out but still hoping for a gal. Next app Feb 4 (will be 14 wks then). Gynae said sud be able to tell the gender. Hope the sticking thing doesn't grow too long to be confirmed as a boy haha....

earnestmum,
i seeing Dr Ang on 5 Feb over at GlenE... im sure Dr Ang will point out to you if she can see something sticking out... during my 11th week scan, i was told and shown the "triangle thing" but she say can only confirm during my week 15 visit... all my visits are accompanied by my hubby, cannot imagine going alone cos i scared i cry if need jabs/draw blood... need someone to console me &amp; hold my hands... i very timid one...

rata,
look out for a "triangle thing" at the bottom area if yours is a boy...

mulberry/peppermint,
i was reading another month MTB thread and saw a MTB saying her gynae say if the ratio is < 1:300 is considered high risk and need to go for amniocentesis test cos hers is 1:290+

went to see gynae. gynae said can eat yusheng. hehehe. today gynae let me listen to BB heart beat. hmn i dont know its quite painful when doc pressed onto tummy so i dont like. i think see scan of BB with heart beating is enuff hehehee. my bb is facing the direction where gynae can check neck properly but cannot see gender even thought BB listened to my instructions of OPEN LEGS BIG! alamakkkkkk but maybe BB more smart because thats the concern of gynae to check neck area. Does any mummy faces later EDD after each visit? my EDD is like always pushing backwards. From late July to Early Aug n now a bit further again by few days

my gynae said i have small bones..... *shocked* because i'm not slim build. but he said made up of fats and muscles/water hahahahaa. then i asked is it vagina canal small or pelvis small he said both but i said my hip big leh. then again, he said made up of above stuffs. I really hope i can give birth naturally so from now on i will physco my BB to cooperate with me so that he can let me have a natural birth. i think majority also depends on BB. BB direction is criteria also whether can natural or not. I will see gynae n BB in 2wks time hohoooo

rat,
duno lei, i saw a "triangle thing" at the bottom of my baby... more like 3 dots forming a triangle, maybe indicating the stick and the balls... kekeke..

jang,
glad that your gynae visit went well... did you ask about your bone structure or gynae voluntarily tell you? dont worry so much about delivery until the time comes... so can see baby in 2 weeks? not 1 month interval yet?

oh i asked. but during first visit while gynae helped me clear remaining infection from antibiotics overdoze, he *also* commented that its narrow coz i was like 'ah ah' in pain and tears wana came out already. coz my mother asked how come i like so in pain? previously because of the infection, i went to see one gynae also to clean and that gynae also said that my vagina v narrow and assistant passed one big silver apartus or what to open up the area for cleaning, he even said 'So big! take a smaller one' *faint*

no leh not 1mth interval. when is one month interval? but my gynae visit normally 3wks in bwt but next visit is 2wks gap. becoz gynae know i scare of pain. everything also ugh ouch

i was reading some mummies post and they gynae let them listen to Bb heart beats at early visits too but my gynae didnt. i think he knows that i'm more worried abt pain etc.

i want to give birth naturally so i think i better pray more. must ask my religion to help me liaoz.

Re Yusheng
Forget to ask abt 'Sheng de Yu' in 'Yusheng'. I only asked 'Yusheng'. Didnt emphasis on raw fish but i wont take. I think if i asked gynae abt raw fish, he also said better dont. Yum yummmmmm i am soooo looking forward to Yusheng. CNY only likes to eat egg rolls, some pineapple tarts and yusheng.

Jang, the metal apartus is a must to use de. When my gynae look into my V also need to use dat to open up. So u also got infection. Me too lei sian.......

Rataouille
no lah now dont have. *touch wood* hehehe its before pregnant

i think the silver item has different sizes and she took normal size one. thats why gynae said too big. becoz after that gynae also comment abt my canal. sobso . but my gynae helped me examined again during first visit and wipe off very little left behind traces according to him.

Did yr doc help u wash the area? Not sure pregnant can wash anot. Yr infection is due to antibiotics or what? mine is due to this so the gynae (another one) only helped me washed the area and give tablet to get rid of the infection. Thats all.

oh that time that gynae helped me wash plus put cream. but no rash/itch anymore right? think maybe different type of infection. maybe yrs is pregnancy related type

Jang,
Dunno leh.... Bitter gourd has always been my favourite veg.... had it for my prev preg too... luckily I am more a veg person so ok it dun take meat... not that I like it now.... think meat no appetite....

I also suffer from heartburn... those acidic taste.... dunno how long to go....

oh, u can have it during the 2nd trimester.... double boil with bird's nest or chicken soup....

Huichin,
I love bittergourd... cook in any style... lately been having bittergourd soup.... yum....

Shay,
Advise use it during 2nd trimester....

BFing requires alot of perseverance and peer pressure...hahaha.... our company has a nursing room and most moms stop at 1 year....very motivating... and of course, can gossip during that time...

NiNi,
How I wish I have that appetite.... feel hungry easily but lost interest after a few mouthfuls...
and alot of food dun like.... especially GARLIC!!

happycat: No...Its terrible..eating too much can make u feel depressed too
sad.gif
Its like bingeing.

Ya my appetite changes everyday, no fixed.. haha like i like to eat fish but now i find it very fishy smelly...(maybe today i steam fish with garlic only, so the fishy smell gives me a phobia) hahaha..

Btw..not yet 3 months till CNY, then hubby's friend baby shower next week.. Can go? Or can hubby go?

good morning all!

just a question for those who using the Clarins oil, how to use ar? i read the instructions, it says to shower after applying..i thought it's to apply after shower??

also, is the 2nd trim a good time to start taking bird nest?

happycat
oic. maybe yr body more heaty n can eat bitterground. hehe. i dont like it.

NiNi
i think u better dont go. As for yr husb, not sure leh. My husb going to friend ROM today. I not going.

YLN
i think can start liaoz. my mum also said can (in 1st trim but maybe later wks)

Rataouille
Then different from mine. Maybe next time u check with yr gynae abt yr itch and whats that. need to do follow up for next appt anot? all these remind yr gynae. Maybe yrs is pregnancy related kind. Like too much of mucus then have infection

sala typo. i shld say 'check with gynae abt yr infection and whats that kind of infection. remind yr gynae on yr next visit on whether he needs to do any follow up on the infection.

I think fungal then no need to worry. I think my gynae also said this when i asked. Its different from those Strep B infection or whatever. Is it painful when yr gynae use the silver apartus on u? Do u have tears coming down? hehehe

oh ya if u have much discharge i think must bath more often to reduce chances of infection. i read it from elsewhere but i might be wrong.

Jang, when using the metal apartus is abit pain but is bearable. Nothing compared to jab &amp; draw blood. My gynae did give me some PH wash for washing the v area when bathing.

wasayyyyyy totally opposite from me. The pain is sooo painful. worse than jab/draw blood/cut by knife etc. think its not because of our pain tolerant level but our body structure. So sad. I can endure many pain like fractured wrist bones (without panadol) etc since young but pple touching me (massage) or the first few scans of BB through vagina scan etc is like nightmare to me. But i really hope i can give birth naturally. Must ENDUREEEEEE. and hope BB bones like me too. small so easy to give birth. but better be boy then. Think maybe my mum also small bones so she have a tough time giving birth to me. Hmnnnnn Hmnn maybe see gynae next time want to help me examine my mother anot hmnnn *grin*

very thirsty? i think u r dehydrated leh else why would u be thirsty or u have too much glucose/sugar in yr blood?

Mulberry,

>600 is low risk for ur age.. thanks for the info!

Ratatouille,

i dun have scanner at home. Next weekend i scan at my in law's place and post for u. U try looking at the angle from baby's legs to the stomach. I saw something sticking out gynae said looks like but maybe umblical cord. Then she did a scan from baby's bottom and baby happened to open the legs so can see the little stick. But who knows maybe a girl cos actually now still early. Just wish for a healthy baby.

I have yellow discharge but gynae said is normal. I have no itch nor irritation. But next visit may be i check with gynae whether maybe infection and whether need to insert pill. Im afraid it's infection and may affect baby.

Any one using femine wash? is it ok to use?

Back