(2008/07) July 2008

babies watching tv - children education programs
1. missysz
2. bluey (baby can read, signing times, baby einstein)
3. crystal (baby signing times, watever gor gor watches - thomas tank engine, the wheels on e bus, charlie n lola etc)
4. Barbie - all jup ba lang thats on the tv. mostly disney channel. and her favourite is advertisment.
5. Megan - same as barbie all jup ba lang that's on TV. fav is advertisment and news. don't ask me why news hor. she see the news reporter, she will respond to the reporter machiam the reporter talking to her like that.

babies not watching any tv
1. bb xun - unless u count the few mins she try to catch when we are watching tv and me trying to make her sleep - will be chinese serials

1. missysz
3. crystal (baby signing times, watever gor gor watches - thomas tank engine, the wheels on e bus, charlie n lola etc)
4. Barbie - all jup ba lang thats on the tv. mostly disney channel. and her favourite is advertisment.

1. bb xun - unless u count the few mins she try to catch when we are watching tv and me trying to make her sleep - will be chinese serials
2. hao ran - i read from shichida books that watching tv is not good for babies.. the benefits you see is only temp. And personally I feel tv restrict their creativity.. *no offence*

1. missysz
5. Megan - same as barbie all jup ba lang that's on TV. fav is advertisment and news. don't ask me why news hor. she see the news reporter, she will respond to the reporter machiam the reporter talking to her like that.
5. Ethan likes to watch Squawk box on CNBC at night. DUring the day, i show him sesame street and also Baby Einstein (on youtube - cheaper! got idea from bbP!). but only for like 10mins then he sian liao.. haha

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">QUACK QUACK @ Aqua Duck </font></font>
where: new outlet at Portsdown road, which is in the Buena Vista pool (they have heated pool)
when: somewhere in july ba. (can wait hor?)
Fee: FREE for Trial la.
Only MAX 6 bb in a session.

<u>weekday session: at 2pm</u>
1) sy n jx <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>
2) cinbunny and sophie bunny <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>
3) pinkbunny and poppy bunny
4) elliuzion and Bosco <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>
5) chumint and hao ran <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>
6) JSP &amp; Ernest

<u>weekend session: 2pm</u>
1) qing and barbie <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>
2) Ronnie and bb <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>
3) do1nk &amp; bbG
4) dustee &amp; pomfret
5) smiggleprincess &amp; kayden <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>
6) missysz and bbJ

<u>weekend session II: 11am</u>
1) doggie and thaddeus
2) star &amp; Josh
3) michelle and G.I. Ethan <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>
4) ZL n family <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>
5) Tess_mummy n tess
6) Youpi &amp; L

1. missysz
5. Ethan likes to watch Squawk box on CNBC at night. DUring the day, i show him sesame street and also Baby Einstein (on youtube - cheaper! got idea from bbP!). but only for like 10mins then he sian liao.. haha
6. Poppy - but only 1, at most 2 baby einstein discs when i need to cook. she has watched mamma mia once with me though! she really enjoyed and danced along. but also shuddered at pierce brosnan's singing

2. hao ran - i read from shichida books that watching tv is not good for babies.. the benefits you see is only temp. And personally I feel tv restrict their creativity.. *no offence*

LOL on rayna's megan and news reporter!!!

qing
thanks again for organising. we are OK with our timing. but not monday preferably
happy.gif

changing nap times
any babies have changed nap times?
poppy now wakes later in the morning and sleeps from 11am-1pm. then afternoon nap is very short if we are out (20-30 mins).

night sleep remains unchanged

1. missysz
6. Ethan likes to watch Squawk box on CNBC at night. DUring the day, i show him sesame street and also Baby Einstein (on youtube - cheaper! got idea from bbP!). but only for like 10mins then he sian liao.. haha
7. Poppy - but only 1, at most 2 baby einstein discs when i need to cook. she has watched mamma mia once with me though!

3. cedric

JTS as I have a v strong negative experience on the effect of tv watching on bbs. My youngest sister was brought up on a steady diet of TV and videos and so-called educational shows. Also my mum and grandma (her primary caretakers) had the whole lot of us + hsework, so no one talked to her, just used the tv as bbsitter.
She lagged behind her peers in terms of language devmpt n social skills. Up to today, and she is already 22yo.

TV watching is an issue tt polarises parents, so I can only say tt I choose not to let Cedric + Clarice watch tv till they are at least 2yo. I m skeptical abt the claims of these DVDs...

PB,
actually i can tell that tis not poppy on the 2nd glance. yes 1st glance looks v alike. but poppy's seh (style) is sunnier and more lively, the other girl is more like the mellow glow of the moon.

this is wat is in my diaper bag
1 water bottle
1 cereal packet (those sample type) if Cedric is eating solids outside
1 piece of diaper for every hour we r outside
wet wipes
diaper cream
1 extra set of clothes
3 handkerchiefs
1 pair of leg warmers
1 story book and 1 toy
nursing apron
1 cloth nappy
Much less than Jacelyn! but my diaper-bag-is-lightest idol still Youpi, go out to coffee club w just one diaper!!!!

LOL on jacelyn thinking poppy was kidnapped!

i showed my mum the pics and asked her to guess which was her granddaughter. she said "easy la! i know straightaway!" and then got the answers wrong. LOL!!!!

PB,
your ah bu is so funny! so confident in her ability to know which is her granddaughter, then get it wrong!!!

eh michelle,
where is the pig's head for coffee club?
or u cannot find pig's head ah... i give you ikan bilis heads ok... you can hang as many as u want :D

Cellow LOL LOL ikan bilis head. Hai yah i also dunno how to reduce the things i bring out. now i can only think of getting a bigger bag. But poor hubby got to carry a big bag. U all will see what i have la. And that stupid le sports sac bag is 1 big compartment only. So everything throw inside and got to dig dig dig to find things.

PB, LOL too on your mum. hahahahahahahahahaha But hor, i really tot poopy was kidnapped la. very duh hor. haha

quick post while pomfret is tearing up things in bed room floor

motherhood fair and my impulse buy
eh motherhood fair so-so only. i did buy some huggies diapers, but since i took taxi home, that definitely negated the savings haha. and i bought the pupsik pouch. on impulse, don't know why. maybe find that pomfret perspires so much in the ergo in this current crazy heatwave. and now i know why the mummies who had bought it previously don't know how to use it. i made the lady at the booth demonstrate to me. else the instruction booklet really made no sense. it's basically like dor dor's sling, but with some slight padding along one edge. dor dor ah, i think maybe you should just do a BP lah, on your slings (but, how you find the time with one toddler one baby two chincillas and one dog?)

teevee
eh i had to say this, but i really can't cope being alone with pomfret at home without letting her watch playhouse disney while i attempt to cook or clean. eeeks and i do realize that that could be up to 2 hours a day.

childcare
yes though i'm a sahm, i am considering sending her to playgroup when she turns 18 mths. just 2-3 hrs every weekday, then maybe i can do some part-time work. and erm, also hope that playgroup does expose her to some 'learning' coz there's really only that much singing and dancing i can do with her.

summert
hehe frank's progress and your hard work really puts me to shame. mostly i let baby watch the 'baby can read' dvd when i need to cook, and then she chews up the flash cards when i try to show her hehe. can we bring our babies to you for ECA? heh.

jacelyn
lol on your bag list. yeah y'know i always though, as baby grows older, our bags will get smaller, but it's the opposite! now i'm considering buying a bigger bag too, and serene and dor dor are seriously tempting me with the big agnes b tote!

qing
thanks so much for the aquaducks! and i might, maybe *fingers crossed* just join the big birthday bash since so many have dropped out. except i have church at 6, so need to rush off by 5 plus (then it's like 34.40 for 1 hour only leh) let me consult my in-laws first (coz they will have to go earlier to chope seats for me)

eh have you considered changing careers into events management? you clearly have a natural talent for it!

Jacelyn,

don't worry. i also bring alot of things out. my hb say i shift hse hahaha... but i put everything in a haversack.and he got me a new haversack that is really roomy. and with all the things i put inside, still cannot feel the heaviness. most of the time don't get to use it. but feel safer to have them around.

1) Big milk bottle with water
2) Hot water flask (if we go out for long hrs but not fill to the rim. just half a bottle on those 0.35l flask)
3) small water bottle with water (same as the water flask. half a bottle onli)
4) 2 - 3 sets of extra clothes. i ever had her merlion twice when she was younger. so run out of clothes as i onli bring 1 xtra set. so after that i always have 2 - 3 sets
5) 3 extra hankerchief. Hb &amp; i got the habit of dropping her hankercheif and steppin on it. buahhaha
6) 4 diapers with wet tissues, diaper cream
7) because of the heat, i bring body cream out so that can apply on her as and when necessary
8) tissue paper
9) changing mat
10) porridge flask if she's eating outside
11) toys &amp; pacifier
12) biscuits
13) umbrella
14) sometimes will bring hand santinizer also but now leave in the car.

if you are driving hor, and going shopping, u can leave the hot water flask, the waterbottle and umbrella in the car. then at least when walk ard, not so heavy. =)and if you know u are going to be onli at one location, then can don't bring the bag also. just the water bottle. at most during emergency, hb go car and take. =)

but the above is usually what i have when i go out with M alone. and usually my wallet, handphone will be in the haversack also. sometimes can even stuff my knitting stuff in it. if i'm going knitting with my knitting kakis..hehehe....if not, then it's just haversack, bjorned M and me, and we are off to shopping. sometimes i still bring pram with me to go shopping. hehehe..with hb, then of cos the pram is in the car lor.

oh for mummies who have been keeping their nepia seals, they have giving out the ntuc $10 vouchers again (valid till 30 sept 2009). not sure if you need to send in with the 'official form', but basically just attach 10 seals, send to "raffles city po box 1783 singapore 911760" with your name, tel, and address.

rayna, wow. i use a backpack too, but but but, everytime need to take something, need to take it off and very difficult to hold with one hand and find what i need (esp wallet)

1. missysz
5. Ryane - bb can read, bb einstein

Qing- i'm ok with the aquaduck timing too. Tks

Jacelyn - my hubby change to work nite shift so can drive mi to the mega bday bash liao...
happy.gif

will cya at the party k

oops updated list haa

1. missysz
6. Ethan likes to watch Squawk box on CNBC at night. DUring the day, i show him sesame street and also Baby Einstein (on youtube - cheaper! got idea from bbP!). but only for like 10mins then he sian liao.. haha
7. Poppy - but only 1, at most 2 baby einstein discs when i need to cook. she has watched mamma mia once with me though!
8. Ryane - bb can read, bb einstein

3. cedric

nepia
just need to send in the seals with name, add and contact no written on a piece of paper, don't need the form. I only knew this quite recently.. threw away alot of the seals.. such a waste..

rayna
you knit? me knit too but still learning.. now knitting a jacket for hao ran and scarf for hubby..

woah...i think my boy is a TV addict here... we will place him in the morning in front of the TV while we bathe, eat breakfast and get ready to work. Will also feed him in front of TV, to distract him so he won't swipe at my spoon! *sigh* Will attempt to talk more to him than let him watch TV.

1. missysz
9. Wuffy - bb einstein, mickey mouse clubhouse, monster inc, kung fu panda, wall e, barney, hi-5 or watever that is on TV during feeding time... :p

3. cedric

where: new outlet at Portsdown road, which is in the Buena Vista pool (they have heated pool)

3) pinkbunny and poppy bunny <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>
6) JSP &amp; Ernest

3) do1nk &amp; bbG
4) dustee &amp; pomfret <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>
6) missysz and bbJ

1) doggie and thaddeus
2) star &amp; Josh
5) Tess_mummy n tess
6) Youpi &amp; L

qing,
pls confirm my slot for the aquaduck too. thanks for organizing this.
happy.gif

batgal,
sama sama. my boy needs the TV to drink his milk... :\

pb,
your mom is so funny! haha...she must be v paiseh when u told her the real poppy!

mommies,
thanks for doing the survey.
happy.gif

3) pinkbunny and poppy bunny <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>
6) JSP &amp; Ernest

3) do1nk &amp; bbG
4) dustee &amp; pomfret <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>
6) missysz and bbJ <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>

1) doggie and thaddeus <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>
2) star &amp; Josh
5) Tess_mummy n tess <font color="ff0000">(fix)</font>
6) Youpi &amp; L

if anyone wanna change their 2pm weekend slot to 11am, please change with me.
I forgot that my gal has gym class on Sat morning.
Thanks!

dustee, put on the floor lor. that's what i always do. sales person are usually quite nice about it. i use to use the normal diaper bags. but feel that my right shoulder is always hurting. so i change to haversack. i keep water, hankercheif &amp; pacifier at the side pocket for easy access. =)

chumint,

yes i knit &amp; crochet. for a long time liao. but since pregnant till now, had slowed down alot. i did some clothing for Megan. but haven't got a chance to let her wear. hahahha cos the instructions for bb clothings in pattern books always turn out big. no matter how small i size down still very big. hahahha

batgirl,
sama sama. i use tv to distract Megan when feeding her porridge. cos she can be sitting there happily for this min and the next, she cry for nothing. so with the tv, she wouldn't do that. and less seldom will she want to be carried and fed also. hahah

smiggle
thank you for the schedule *hugs* looks like i need to wake up early on sun..

feeding habits
wow.. seems like alot of babies watching tv while having their meals.. i thought this is not a good habit? And research has link watching tv while eating to obesity.

If hao ran moves about while having his cereal, I will belt him to his high chair and only let him down after he finished his cereal.. haha..

watchin TV while eating

looks like Ethan is quite a glutton, he concentrates on his food and can sit quietly in his high chair and finish his food with no qualms.. he rarely moves about, sometimes just turn here and there to kaypo...

I normally make it a point to watch the video WITH him and reiterate the points while it is screened.. once he lose interest, i will turn off.. I also dun use the TV to keep him occupied while I do my own things, unless i have no help and he refuses to play alone.. most of the time I put him in high chair to see me work and then still talk to him loh... hahaha. but that is bcos I never needed to do housework nor cook nor anything major big time consuming tasks lah.... hee hee..

Wah...Ethan good boy! Hao Ran also good boy. Wu Feng will struggle to get out of the high chair. use his hands and want to stand up. If not will be using his hands to swipe at my bowl of porridge or at the spoon.

Tomorrow, please ask Ethan and Hao Ran to give Wu Feng a pep talk..ask him to guai guai eat his porridge.
happy.gif

So looking forward to the birthday bash!!

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">LADIES

DONT FORGET THAT THE MEGA BIRTHDAY BASH IS
TOMOLO 06 JUNE 2009 AT 4PM....</font>
</font>

lol Qing - i dont think anyone will miss your huge reminder!!! you all have fun fun fun and please post pix ya
happy.gif

1. missysz
9. Wuffy - bb einstein, mickey mouse clubhouse, monster inc, kung fu panda, wall e, barney, hi-5 or watever that is on TV during feeding time... :p

3. cedric
4. sophie - only watches you tube occasionally and that also, mostly alphabet songs and pussycat dolls : Jai Ho :D

1. missysz
10. xuan pei - bb can read, word world, news... we watch together. mummy can memorise the bb can read 1st series liao

3. cedric
4. sophie - only watches you tube occasionally and that also, mostly alphabet songs and pussycat dolls : Jai Ho :D

dustee
LOL on ur impulse buy. Should have jus asked me to sew u 1 right n mine also padded 1 side lah.....keke
But its impulse buy right....hehe
I did a BP jus before I gave birth to E ma then nw semi retire cos can never predict when they will wakeup n ka jiao me. But eeh need 1 or 2 stuff can still ask me k.

agnes B
BUY BUY BUY!!!......hahaha
But better if you can find some1 going Japan.....see I help ur wallet think too k...hehe
Oh n for us Bfing mums...the bigger they are the bigger our bags hor. I used to be the envy of mummy friends for my small bag when I bring D out alone. Now see hw packed my bag is!!

Nepia seals
Dustee thanx so much for the info cos I've been waiting for this...yipeee

Rayna
I dun bring extra clothes out for the kids cos.......can always buy ma.....hahaha
N isn't it the most perfect excuse??....hahaha
I bought a pair of on sale RL shorts($70+) for my son when his pee overflow once......hahaha
Even I find myself ridiculas till now.

Waiwai
U tai jiao aah u watch the videos with her...hehe

see you mummies later at the big bday bash!

since some babies have dropped out, i'll come add to the numbers! but i'll be alone, coz hb must work. and need to leave earlier to go for mass.

ooooh excited.

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000"><u>BIG BIRTHDAY PARTY in JUNE'09 </u></font></font>

Price: <font color="0000ff">$34.40</font> per kids only - Adult FREE. Additional Kids @ <font color="0000ff">$24.50</font>

1) Qing, HB &amp; barbie
2) michelle, hubby and Ethan
3) Jacelyn , HB &amp; bb xun
4) rena076 + 2 boys
5) batgirl, batman &amp; wuffy
6) mapleaf, HB &amp; Dora
7) smiggleprincess &amp; kayden
8) pinkbunny, bluebunny &amp; poppy bunny
9) Bluey (plus hubby,#1 &amp; #2)
10) Dordor + 2 kids
11) ronnie + bb
12) chumint + hubby + baby hao ran
13) doggiebb &amp; mr D &amp; talia &amp; FZT
14) elliuzion &amp; hubby &amp; Bosco
15) dustee + bb

<font color="119911"><u>Gift Exchange</u></font>
everyone just bring one gift per baby for exchange.
budget: <font color="ff0000">$15</font>

<font color="119911"><u>Photography</u></font>
only $50 for 2 hours and $23 per hour after.
so if divide, it would be <font color="ff0000">about $5</font> per family.
all photos will be returned back to us.

<font color="119911"><u>Cake</u></font>
Ordered 2kg cake from Ecreative liao
http://www.ecreative.com.sg/cakes_details.asp?PSID=1060

i guess all mummies have my contact no ba.
call me if u are not sure of the venue.
have removed it.
since so close to it liao.
don want later got crazy people come...

dor dor... haha, kill 2 birds with 1 stone ma, can accompany xuan pei and also teach #2 at the same time kekeke

xuan pei is down with flu... sobz

hope u all enjoy the mega bday bash
happy.gif

PB

when you ask "when", you mean age or timing ?

my mother put Rianne on her own potty since she was 7 mths old for doing her big business. Now she can tell us if she is gonna do it or has done it. eheh v cute one ... one day at 6am, she crawl to a kneeling position and keep making noises to wake me up. Cos she poo-ed in her diaper and she can't sleep.

When they are older and can understand instructions and communicate with you, you can start to take off their diapers during the day to make them pass urine in it. But results are not instant, expect to clean the mess daily !

labbit
i meant 'during the time that the baby is on it', where is the location of the potty

phew back from the bash. at one point it was a bit chaotic! poor poppy was so tired. and when she is really tired, she tends to 'forget' she can sit/stand. so she fell forward and hit her forehead on the parachute
sad.gif

was it just me or did anyone else sweat buckets also? my poor hubby had to go for wedding dinner after! so sweaty!

Back