(2008/06) June 2008

Ellysia,
I am quite lost on the sterilisation part so if u have the notes, that'll be great.
happy.gif

crystal,

Ya, i heard tat tester before, actually i saw in mother and baby magazine lah. But now cannot remember the name. Let me try to recall okie?!

ellysia,
After burn my pocket for such a big hole, i must hardworking sourcing. haha... tats why go to library and borrow some books to read up. I'm not sure how much is overdose loh and the book din explain in details. And i saw in another thread, some mummies recomended take 3pills after each meal for 3 times a day for continuos till ur BM is established thens lowly reduce the doses. Then my qn is 9pills will be overdose? I dont want my bb to get colic, very 'cham' leh. Of course, if my milk supply is ok, then i dont had to resort into taking fenugreek lah, but now trying to look for alternative as standby, in case.

Ellysia,
I am 31weeks as of yesterday, and still dont have leaking colostrum like you, i read this article jut awhile ago, maybe you will get the answer from it.

Leaking breasts and Braxton-Hicks contractions

You may have noticed some leaking of colostrum, or "premilk," from your breasts lately. Some expectant moms experience this leaking, others don't. Either way, you can rest assured that your breasts are doing what they need to do to prepare for feeding your baby.

Have you noticed the muscles in your uterus tightening now and then? Many women feel these random contractions — called Braxton Hicks contractions — in the second half of pregnancy. Often lasting about 30 seconds, they're irregular, and at this point, they should be infrequent and painless. Frequent contractions, on the other hand — even those that don't hurt — may be a sign of preterm labor. Call your practitioner immediately if you have more than four contractions in an hour or any other signs of preterm labor: an increase in vaginal discharge or a change in the type of discharge (if it becomes watery, mucus-like, or bloody — even if it's pink or just tinged with blood); abdominal pain or menstrual-like cramping; an increase in pressure in the pelvic area; or low back pain, especially if you didn't have it before.

Why are my breasts leaking?
Any fluid leaking from your breasts is a sign that your body is preparing to feed your baby. What you're seeing is colostrum, a yellowish fat-rich substance that will nourish your baby before your actual milk comes in a few days after birth. Your body starts producing colostrum in the last few months of pregnancy, and any leakage is a sign that things are right on track, says Katy Lebbing, a board-certified lactation consultant with La Leche League International. "If you don't have leakage, that's normal too," she says. "It's just your body's natural way of doing things."

Fennie,

During my 1st confinement, luckily i dont really get constipation jus by drinking tat red dates drink. Imagine my mil put ginder in tat drink somemore. But after confinement i got constipation. haha.... But i think we can get some pill to ease our constipation , rite?

Crystal,

Ya, the gender prediction tester tat i saw in the mag is the one Tera's posted out.

Ellysia/ Tera,
All i can remember is dont sterilise the tube. Then she oso told me the motor must put either higher or same level while expressing else sometimes the milk will back flow.

Morning Ladies

What a Monday!!! The whole building at my office no WATER!!!! No AIRCON!!!! Now perspiring liao....

Shinely/Felicia
Same i also feel the BH now and then on the weekend....More than 5 times in an hr....bed rest also felt that too, so tight at the bottom also...now me in 31wks and 3 days....after felt the BH....sure think of the labour ward

Re : DIY
I never ask my hb about DIY.....hehehhe....

Morning gals
Me down with cough again
sad.gif
Whole nite cough and cough, breathless and cannot sleep, have difficulty breathing.. now like zombie in office... was scheduled to see gynae tmr.. managed to push it to today instead.. now zombie in office waiting for time to pass faster so can go see gynae...

last sat just went for check up.. bb weighing at 1.8kg 32wks.. medium size bb.... next check still will be two weeks later.. and just get the EDD letter from my gynae and he say will get admission letter when come to 36weeks. Time flies...

Felicia,
I dont noe abt the pill to ease constipation, maybe i hv to check with gynae during my next visit then

Danryan,
What happened? so when they can fix it?any shopping with aircon nearby, tell your boss you cannot tahan, and go there for time being

hey girls, i've been so busy with work it only just hit me that i'm running out of time!

Looks like my EDD will be brought forward to 3rd wk May. For the 1st time, doc told me bb's weight is 1.4kg & i'm alr almost 33wks. What's the normal range anyway? Sounds a little small...

soo,
although the weight of your bb sounds a little small, but it is just an estimation based on the measurements your gynae took from the size of the head n stomach of your bb, so it may not be the actual weight of your bb, do not be too worried, heard from the other ladies that mayb durian will help to have bigger bb

no more durian for me! I took a lot during 2nd tri thinking it'll help bb grow & also coz of cravings. End up i'm so darn fat now, but not much weight going to bb.

Dunno about the rest of you, but i'm alr 14kgs & looks like i'm still growing *cringe*

oh ya...something else doc told me. Don't take too much durian. Some bbs dev higher risk of eczema coz the mama took too much durian

hi ladies..

ZuEn,
Hope i dun feel pain lor..me n hb seldom hug hug lor...

Felicia,
for constipation, only can drink those like firbregel to ease constipation one lor...cos i hv been having this prob , worst is I hv piles..Gynae already told me my piles will be WORST after i deliver cos all will be pushed out...She asked me to get a float standby so that i can sit on it, if not bery pain..

Danryan,
me also felt BX these days...abit scared cos when i was admitted to TMC 2wks ago, i rem i saw 1 lady waiting to deliver....hiaz, abit scare also...but on e other hand, hope to carry bb in my arms soon =D..

Liew,
wow, so we will get e admission letter when wk 36?

All,
me in my 33wks+ liao, but next appt is on 25th, seems like my appt is still 3wks once...Frm when then we start to see gyane in 2wks huh?towards our EDD, we hv to visit the gyane wkly?

tf n tera,
hey..got goodies bag meh?? i also late lor..nvr get the bag..only get 1 with pampers n avent bottle..

Morning ladies, hope everyone is doing well. Going to see my little fellow later. I guess after this check up should be once per 2 weeks liao. Update u girl later.

My little fellow less movement now, guess lack of space liao. Sian, hv to tell gynae abt my decision on ligation later

feifei,

I tot we can get pill to stuff into out butt to ease the constipation? cant remember where i got this info leh coz as i'm ok during my 1st confinement so i din research much on this. Maybe will asked gynae on my coming check up.

Zuen,
When you said fibregel, you mean during pregnancy right?I was asking felicia after delivery, confinement that time, bcos for my 1st pregnancy, i got constipation bcos my mil said can only drink longan red dates water n not plain water, so i think maybe too heaty

BabyJo,
u tinking of doing ligation?

felicia,
hmm...hv huh? so far hor, gynae only give me fibregel to drink lor..sometimes if my stools too hard, my piles sure comes out..I tinking of going for OP to remove e piles after i deliver leh..

Fennie,
I believe its constipation lor cos bery heaty de..imagine all e ginger, seaseme oil, red dates drin etc...

Wonder if we can eat fruits hor?

feifei,
it depends gynae loh.. my sis received admission letter since 30 weeks. so i believe it depends our own gynae ba..

Fennie/Felicia
Last friday water already shut down....upgrading....but hor when came to work this morning saw BIG NOTICE....WATER PIPE BURST alamak...and no aircon also....working place is far away fr shopping center....very old building at lavender street.

babyjo
my last check up i already ask my gynea how the procedure for ligation....i have decided to have ligation after my delivery later

bizz,
Hehe, I realised all of us were late that day. Yah, I saw this other couple carrying this green paper bag. Now my turn to ask, got avent bottle ah? I only got the pampers.
happy.gif

Soo,
It's me! If doc never say anything abt bb's wt, it's prob ok. So dun stress yourself out. Btw, U expecting girl or boy?

liew,
u get ur letter for EDD liao ah?? dat means i will also get it during my 32weeks lor.. i going for my appt 2mr..shld be 30weeks liao..so fast..

soo,
14kg only mah...i 15kg @ 30weeks lor..u tink who more jia lat??

i had my 2nd massage wif aunty su yday..so shiok..this time round she nvr burp..she said no wind in my body liao..but still got a lot of water..hehe..then she commented saying that my bb relaxing inside my stomach..not curled up cos still got plenty of space inside my womb..haha..she also said my bb's legs n arms r long..like my hb..shld be a tall bb..haha..hear liao damn happy..let's c if it's real anot after i bb is out..hehe..

tera,
eh..got leh..my hb take 1 leh...he took it during the break...inside the pampers bag got one 4oz avent milk bottle..urs dun hv ah??

Fei fei, ya lor....dun want to hv another bb liao. This is my 3rd bb....one more i faint....bcos mine is c section, so it's easier to do ligation.

Danryan, how many kids u have?

btw, those mummy who got maids at home now. Do u allow your maid to watch TV in the evening ard 6 to 7 plus after they finish their dinner?

Bcos my new maid will hv playtime with my children. she will watch tv with me while playing with them leh

Felicia
Actually i also have problem typing nowadays. My mind may read what i want to type, but my fingers type sthg else ..lol

Tera
Mine is the joining bone from thigh starting..maybe u right. the thigh, nt pelvic..paiseh

Ellysia, Felicia
Black dates i've heard ok. Actually if we doing confinement food ourselves, I understand there there are certain food to eat at different period. First we have to eat those that get rid of the wind and cleanse for a week or so, then eat those that bu thereafter.

<font color="ff6000">babyjo

for my maid, she wil sit and watch with us only if my ger oso joins us if not den she wil be playing with her lor.. </font>

Hi all, after delivery in hospital, what will u gals be wearing? front-button nighties or? Can share with me where to buy the nighties?

My EDD is 15-June. so think i better start buying.

For those who have piles, it's good to avoid spicy food. I encounter this at the start of my 3rd trimester n ask my gynae what can i do to reduce it. And true enuf, after i eat less of curry, mee rebus, etc, the piles stopped! =)

Having bad cough and no voice these 2 days, so on mc to rest at home. Have difficulty sleeping at night. keep coughing. it's quite easy to have some leakage when the coughing gets really hard. =( super sianz. practise the kegels exercise also like no use. haiz...

Gonna see the little one later! I guess after today's checkup, it shld be once every 2 weeks. Wonder how heavy is bb now. haha... one month ago at 27 weeks ard 1kg.

babyjo
this is my 3rd kid...and the last....girl or boy i stop at 3....previous 2 are normal delivery.

my maid just work with me only abt 10 days...but during dinner she will feed them or me myself will feed my both sons.....but she didn't watch direct facing the TV....i seldom watch TV in the living hall only in the room....but i have inform my mom not to let or ask her to join watch tv or vcd together in my mom's room.

feifei,
if your mil not strict, then maybe can eat lor, but weather so hot, if cannot drink cold water, or eat fruits,how to tahan?but old folks always say certain fruits will cause phlegm in bb

danryan,
how is everything now?did they fix the aircon yet?

babyjo,
actually i am not very strict with my maid, as long as she wash my clothes, iron them, do cleaning, she watches tv sometimes, but seldom sit on sofa with us, watch from afar, while doing work, i also allow her to rest if she dont have much to do,or when i see that she's tired, i have nvr raise my voice with her so far

mylittleprince,
are you also having a boy?now we have abt 5 ladies having the same edd, 15th June,the ladies here recommended the brand "Karmy", can get from Robinsons or Giant, and some say NTUC Xtra Ang Mo Kio, they got front button shirt dress, as well as pant suits

most of us intend to bring 2 front button shirt dress pj, in case 1 got stain, then also have to bring 1 or 2 going home clothes, nursing bras or no bras, if your pj is thick material

TF,
I heard that 1st week after delivery cannot eat chicken cos we hv stitiches lor...

mylittleprince,
I wearing front buttons PJs lor..can buy at chinatown...those cheap ones..

Fennie,
tink my mil dun let me drink cold drinks de..cos now she even ask me dun drin kcold drinks..faints...but i still drink cos we dun stay with her lor..guess i hv to ren for 1mth...hee

hi babyjo,
my maid will only sit down n watch tv after she finish all her hsework n when my boy is already sleeping or i'm looking after my boy in my own room. other than tat she will only watch when my boy is also watching e tv but those are usually e children's programs or VCD tat i brought for my boy but at e same time she is looking after my boy n not directly watching e tv without taking care of my boy.

ioio,
My bb has turned when I visited my gyane at 28wks, but at 32wks, she turn bk again so now her head is at my rite hand side and feet and my bone ther...

feifei,
ya,some older ladies also told me too much cold drinks no good, but weather really too hot sometimes, and lately also got the urge to drink cold drinks, dont noe y leh.

Hi Fennie, ya, I'm having a boy. how u know? Woah, so "qiao", 5 ladies around the same edd. U also edd on 15-June?

Ok, I note down the Karmy nighties liao. will check out fm Robinsons or Giant. Any price difference b/w the 2 places? Ya, i intend to buy 2 sets also.

By the way, r u buying disposable panties to use at the hospital? ANy recommendations on brand n where to buy?

It's so reassuring to be able to chat with all u mummies here whom we r more or less gg thru the same thing now. =)

Fennie,
guess its e weather lor, so hot...I also drink cold nutri soy and milk lor...dun care..somemore bot pears and put in e fridge, eat cold ones, shiok...hee...Just bot 2 boxes of stawberries, can eat it later =D..

mylittleprice,
I bot my disposable panties frm giant and isetan, the brand is "Impressions"..5 pcs in a pack, tink its $4+..bery comfy..

Bizz
Ya, i also dun hv the Avent bot. They Pampers packing so flat, dun look like goody bag, more like sample. Maybe ur hubby got partial of the Avent goodie items..heehee

feifei, mine oso turns at ard 26 weeks and now turn head up again... think have to jux wait and see whether the little one will turns his head down on time.. ;p

Back