(2008/06) June 2008

Hi Millie,
I think i BD between 6 - 10 Sep like that. You could be the same case as me. I tested -ve previously as well.

You may be preggie already but just that your HCG level is not high enough to show a +ve. Try to test it again few day later. Hope you will get a +ve in your next test.

Thanks ya..hope to strike
happy.gif

Anyway, congrats !
So your menstrual cycle is normally 1 1/2 mths ??

Hi millie,

HCG test strips are normally 98% accurate. If they are not accurate, normally its either they are expired or they required more HCG contents in order to be tested positive.

the other 2% lies with the blood test. Some pple has very little HCG contents in their urine, so they require a blood test to confirm their pregnancy. Blood test is 100% accuracy.

i remember i have a long cycle previously. I thought I would have pregnant, but tested 3 times -ve on HCG test strips as well. So I went to a GP .. he insisted that I shouldn't waste money on testing in his clinic because normally its quite accurate for Home pregnancy kits.. So I went to a gynae.. this time she assured me that Home pregnancy kits are 98% accurate regardless or whether it is cheap or branded. since the 3 times are negative, i will just wait for AF to report. from then i do not waste anymore strips. and true enough i did not conceived, i waited up till CD46 for my AF to report, and usually it is CD31.

the long cycle is due to late ovulation. and my BBT provens that too.

HI Heinz,
Thanks for your detailed info. Cos this is the 1st time i have such a long delayed AF, so i am hoping i could get pregnant this time...
kao_sad.gif

What does your BBT show cos u mention your BBT proved tat too ?

Sorry, your CD 46 was calculated from when ? The 1st day of your last AF ?

Hi Millie,

Im just sharing my experience.
happy.gif

yes, cd1 is first day of AF. Cd46 is my next AF reports..so total 45days cycle for that long cycle.
happy.gif

BBT can show you when u have ovulated. usually u see 2 phases, a range of low temp in the 1st phase(before ovulation), followed by a range of high temp in the 2nd phase(after Ovulation). if u r pregnant, u might reach the 3rd phase(temp got even higher range). For the 2nd phase, usually its quite fixed. Most women have 14 days..but not all, so it can range from 12-18days.. So if after ovulation , u have 14 days, normally most cycles u will have AF report 14 days after Ovulation. If your cycle is long, usually its the first phase that is delayed. In other words, Ovulation is delayed. thats why AF also delayed.

My BBT has a longest low range of temp for that cycle..i have the fixed 14days for 2nd phase for all cycles, including that longest cycle.

Anyway taking bbt is extremely stressful task!

If a cycle is long, there are a few possibilities :

1) You have ovulated with a longer phase 1, right now u r waiting for AF on phase 2. If you have BD-ing quite actively, you might not know you have already hit the jackpot. So if you tested -ve, you might still be an early stage where HCG is very low.. Else, you have to wait for AF. But this is very annoying as you duno how long more you have to wait.

2) You have not ovulated yet, waiting to be O . If you are not using OPK, then u need to be actively Bd-ing.. this is very tiring! Having said that, again you are unsure if you have not Ovulate. The only thing to assist if u have not ovulate is to use a thermometer to measure ur temp.. if it falls on the low range, maybe you have not ovulate.

They are indeed contradicting...hope im not confusing you...
happy.gif

Hi Heinz,
Thanks for your detailed explanation. The prob is i have quite high temperature ranging from 36.59 to 36.81 for the past whole week. So i'm not sure if i'm preggie. Having to said this, i suppose this range is high cos i used to have lower temp. Maybe your definition is different ?

Haiz, i guess what i can do now is to wait for AF to report and if still does not come next week, i may need to test again.

Hi Millie,

You may have late ovulation and could be preggie. You may want to wait for a few more days first then re-test again.

Hi Millie,

everyone has different range of low and high temp. what i've check in webby, generally high range falls 36.5-37.0.. So if u are sure you have lower temp than this range for phase 1, then u are most likely ovulated.

ya, i agreed with mickymouse, you might have late ovulation. Just wait another few more days, if AF still dont report, re-test again.

Hi ladies,
I am new here...just seen gynae yest, my EDD should be 1st June 2008 =)..Any MTB same EDD as me?

hei anyone chart your body temp ? i just measured mine this morning shot to 37deg C. usually is only 36.5-36.7 deg C. woke up with extreme hunger. Felt so tight when i wear the skirt that I usually wear (tugged nicely at waist)..just wondering could this be a sign.
anyone know if we can test the preg before the period is due ? me still hv 5 days before the next period. I read somewhere that the digital preg kit can actually measure days before the period is due. Not sure how true this is.

Hi all,

I 'm 7 weeks preggy now. Reall happy cus my 1st baby !!

But since a week ago, I've been experiencing bleeding. Went to KKH's 24 hr clinic twice, once during 3am ! Both times the doctor on duty told me that bleeding is natural. but I still feel uneasy as the doctors seem to take everything so lightly. So hope to get advice on the following:

1) Is bleeding natural during 1st 3 mths of preganacy?

2)Any good gnae to recommend. Prefer in north area.

Really excited abt my baby but also very worried as experienced bleeding twice already in aweek. Can someone pls help....

hi jessl,

try Dr theresa at AMK
tel : 64512322

very careful and caring doc.
she wont treat u like -- just another pregnant woman..

of cos
bleeding is not ok. but if gynae say it ok den shd be fine.. they give u any pill to stablise the pregnancy anot???

jessl,

My gynae is located in bishan Blk 502 Dr Henry Cheng, will it be convenient for you? You may call the clinic for appt. @ 65527377

Anyway, I would advise to seek the gynae for consultation ASAP cos early bleeding is not healthy.

hi jessl,

me also just tested +ve this morning. me also breeding for the past 2 days. I am really worried.

Do u bleed a lot?

Hi Feifei,
Congratulations to you once again.
Wow, so your gynae has informed you about your EDD. My EDD still not confirmed, it could be end May or begining June.

BTW, how many weeks are you now?

Hi Feifei,
Congratulations to you once again.
Wow, so your gynae has informed you about your EDD. My EDD still not confirmed, it could be end May or begining June.

BTW, how many weeks are you now?

Hi..
yup. was given pills to stabilise since wk5 due to spotting. Doc say spotting quite common. After that spotting stops.

However, i experience bleeding ytd, already twice in a week. Friend with similar experience advise bed rest. Doc say ok to walk. I'm confused.

by rite, if got bleeding, gynae will give pills to stablise plus bed rest, ur doc nvr give mc ah??? i think u better go to see another gynae instead of KK 24hr clinic, cos i think the doc there cmi, not all but some

not trying to scare u, but bleeding can mean serious thing n can mean nothing also...

Hi ladies,

I shd be in my 5 weeks now.. but no feel at all!! Went to see gynae last week but scan only showed thickening of lining... going back next week to scan again.

No symptom except get hungry very fast, especially in the morning.

Is it norm to have no symptom now?? a bit worrying leh.... this is my first.. no experience

Hi
Thanks for sharing gynae info.

Cheryl
I have same thoughts as you. Tat y looking for recommendion on gynae. I'm worried.

Based on my own experience, spotting is okie if is is little and towards brownish or pinish discharge. You are still free to continue yr daily routine except to take extra care. However, if the bleeding get worst or its more towards menses like then it is definitely not to be delayed and seek advice from gynae.

Hi I'm new, expecting my first bb in june 2007. most prob, delivering in Mt A. But have not really decided on my gynae yet..

jessl,

yeah, i agreed with Ong. Spotting is okie if the color is brownish or pinkish.. it shouldnt be bleeding. Bleeding can be dangerous. Actually once spotting, u need bed rest.. bleeding is not a joke, u definitely need lots of bed rest. please seek 2nd opinion. best to get an MC for a week or so to rest well..i've read a few threads on KKH and also hear alot from KKH.. Some gynaes over there take things easy, resulted many bad news.. i hope you can seek another gynae soon. take care
happy.gif

Hi Mel,

its normal to have no symptom.. some pple encounter lots of symptoms, end up its a negative. .some pple have symptoms for AF, which turn out to have no symptom for Preg..some pple have exactly the same symptoms for AF and Preg.. so it varies individually.

maybe you do have , but you didnt notice. Hungry is one of your symptom.
happy.gif

Congrats to all June's mummy

Hi Corrine, from wat i understand, u mite want to test one or two wks later cos ur HCG mite be low, so cant detect any result yet.

Hi littlemini2,

I can't wait to see the gynae again next mon, i am like counting down the days, hopefully the baby is growing well!

Hi Corrine,
I tested positive on the day my AF is due... and to be sure, i used 3 different brands!

Hi Mei...same here...im excited, waiting for next friday to come, hopefully everything goes well for my bb....did ur gynae advise u ur edd? we shld be ard the same date...hee

hi littlemini,

nope, he didn't tell me the edd during the first visit.. i used those internet calculator to check, maybe ard 1st June. what's urs?

very excited but cannot tell pple yet. only hubby and mum know abt it.. wanna ask colleagues abt pregnancy stuffs also difficult.

Hi mei, i got pm u something, u mite want to chk ur email (the email u register for this acct).

i still hv nt seen gynae yet, base on the website, my due date shld be 2 june...hee

Hi Ong & Heinz,

Thanks for advice. I'm definitely seeking 2nd advice.

How are all of you coping with the symptons. I feel so lousy.

Its a blessing to have no symptoms, Mei.

Hi gals, I just tested positive with the cheap internet hcg strip. not confirmed by gyne yet. so feeling a bit apprehensive.
I'm planning to get the more expensive test at watson/guardian later to confirm.

hi, i am new here. i used 2 different brands HMT, and both positive, so is it confirmed i am pregnant? Or do i need to go see a GP to confirm?

hi MTB

I also just tested positive(very faint). Technically I'm only 10DPO but quite apprehensive and excited... will test again tomorrow...so excited...
happy.gif

yeah hor... what is the next step after tested positive with home pregnancy test?

sigh... i said my word too early... these 2 days feeling nausea, no appetite

Hi Joy & noscon,
U can start looking for a gynae!

Back