(2008/06) June 2008

yes the grands are v doting on the little ones. some people may find the bbs a bit "tie hands tie legs" lor.

my FIL was v badly injured in an accident a mth before i gave birth, now got slight difficulty in walking.. but he still comes to my hse to visit his lil gem every now n then. and says taking him for strolls and helping to "shake" him in his sarong are good physiotherapy! hahaha

ioio, slow cooker is very convenient, I have to agree! I'm just very attracted to thermal cooker now.. cos can cook on the go! it's really an exciting thought! I can bring Matthew to picnic at the beach now or to friends' homes and not worry about food. I can even bring warm foods to pot luck parties too! No need to trouble the host to warm up my food in her kitchen since she'd be so overwhelmed already by the arrival of her guests. I'm throughly sold on the idea of thermal cooker. :p

ioio...
quick go book!...i managed to book mine @ aloha loyang although not the terrace/bungalows lah cos fully booked liao. furthermore mine's on 6th jun

bleh,
nice walker!!!
happy.gif
ur FIL and crystal's FIL are really superb. thumbs up!

really really sweet of your FIL to still make an effort to visit travis given his reduced mobility. can tell that he must love Travis a lot!

Cactus,
I presumed u've managed to train Matthew to stay outdoors for >2hrs already since u r able/plan to go so many places. Good job!!

Then I'm sure u can join us for the 1st Bday Bash. Come, come!! I'm sure Matthew will b excited to c so many babies his age.

<font color="blue">wah bleh n crystal, i envy leh..my stroller also passed down..but too bad lah..my family got engineers but useless 1..dat's me!! haha..not creative n not innovative..
bleh,
since we so shou hor..can pass my walker to ur dad or not??ask him transform for me can?? hehe..i think wif the drum my baby will stop using his toys to hit the furniture..juz beat the drum can liao..wah..best.. </font>

<font color="blue">hi JP,
the cost of the bash will be divided equally depending on the no of kids dat turn up..currently we are looking at the package for 20 kids which cost $620 for non members..any additional kid will be charged @ $10 each.. so if we hv more than 20 kids..i will juz use the total amt charged n divide among the no of kids that are present.. </font>

JP,
U r welcome to join us. Charges for the bash is here

bizznow (bizz)
Username: bizz

Post Number: 937
Posted on Thursday, March 05, 2009 - 4:09 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i called JWT up n enquire abt the bday package..it's $620 for non-member for 20 kids and $570 for member.. $10 for each additional kid n no charges for parents.. it includes balloons n decor..food, drinks and table cloth all these not included.. it will be a 2hr session where the kids will be given something like wat they do during the trial class.. so u all ok??

bizznow, hahah can ah, pass me your walker lor! else, u just get those air con conduits (the black foam thing on travis' walker). then use fish line to secure them (poke thru the walker)... that's all actually.. hahahha

Hi Mag, it's not really training Matthew to be outside for more than 2 hours. We just follow his cue. recently he went onto just 2 naps, as I mentioned you when we met up at Yoshinoya.. he can stay awake for 3 to 4 hours now.
happy.gif
He can also sleep in my arms when we are outside. Sleeping ins troller is more tricky cos he tends to flip when he is sleeping and if his space is small, cannot flip, he will wake up suddenly in shock, so I prefer not to let that happen. Thanks for inviting us to the birthday bash, but I would prefer to miss it.Cos hb and I have social functions to attend usually on weekends, and we don't schedule more than 1 activity per weekend in case it stresses Matthew out. When he gets too excited, he tends to have night terrors at night. Maybe when he's older, we can have more activities for him. We have quite alot of friends delivering and holding their 1st month parties in April to June. Also, my mom and MIL's birthdays also. then need to get our home in shape before Matthew's 1st birthday party. we only have weekends to do these things...

cactus...
i believed mag only wishes for a simple yes or no on the birthday bash . But u have made an effort to elaborate that simple answer.

we hope that you could join us but since you have made it clear that you would be busy during weekends, we shall exclude you from our future gatherings...

just a simple view, no offense ok?

<font color="aa00aa">bleh,
*weet weet* i luv the drum! so dad is so go. yes, it is going to be limited edition spaceshuttle...*thumbs up*!

mag,
yup yup</font>

<font color="aa00aa">ladies, i'm back from Scholl Sale, but empty handed coz the queue was super long. I asked a lady whom is quite near to the entrance, wat time she came. She told me at 11am she start Q and the Q was much shorter than mine. My gosh, it have been an hour she's there, so i give up!

Veniz,
Wat's tornado twister???? *blur*</font>

<font color="aa00aa">bleh,
we have another innovative grandparent here again! O..o....i must go back and tell my hubby, i wanna do a modify walker for my girl. hehe....*copycat*</font>

Felicia, the sale a lot of pple huh? Last week I tot this sale sure not so attractive, but this week so many pple?

Oh, I am meaning, you know wat is a tornado rite? Twist round and round mah. We seem to have pple here always twisting their words lor.

thanks for the info on the sale, Felicia. My mom saw the advertisement this morning and mentioned she'd want to go. I better tell her not to go. Her shoesize is quite common loh. I think her size would be sold out by the time she goes.

felicia,
ask u hor, is Grand Continental Hotel in Malacca near to town? Cos we wanted to book Equatorial hotel but fully booked..

<font color="aa00aa">feifei,
Grand continental is not very near to town. If you wanna wander around town, walking will be bit diff. This is a 3-star hotel.
Maybe you can try Century Mahkota which is near the shopping mall. Another one near there is Holiday Inn which just newly open ,less than a year kua.
Equatorial, Holiday INN and Century Mahkota is exactly in the town area with visitor attractions and shopping mall.</font>

Or maybe you can check if the hotel have free shuttle service to attraction places like Dataran Pahlawan &amp; makhota shopping mall, jonker street?

But for me, equatorial is a nice hotel lor. A pity is fully booked. What about upgrade to bigger room? Just some suggestion only lah.</font>

felicia,
Tks for the infor =)..I like HOliday Inn too =) but my colls find it abitmore ex..hiaz..but I read good comments abt them =).

We are now trying for Equatorial, if can't then mayb we will try Bayview wor...Hv u stayed there b4? Near Jonker st?

<font color="03b6ea"><font face="Comic Sans MS">shyclod.. jux noe that my husband got reservist during tt period and might be in forest cannot come back during wkend somemore ;(</font> suddenly got a crazy though.. to do it during the double month.. there are two Lunar 5th month this year.. ha ha.. siao!</font>

ioio,
my mom says either do it on 1st month or twice.
happy.gif

Veniz,
at our workplace last time,
we call it "peng satay" or roti-prata.
happy.gif

Leng, haha, 'peng kan' food huh? That means peng chicken wings, peng hei, peng sotong and peng stingray also have lar. Wow, seems like we are talking about grill trade here.

<font color="03b6ea"><font face="Comic Sans MS">shycloud i mean celebrate on the "ren yue" the 2nd 5th month which is not the real 5th month.. now date is a prob as my hb resrvist is 3 weeks.. ;(</font></font>

Bayview is near to Tan Kim Hock building where u can buy the local food products. Quite ex . hehe...
Not very near to Jonker lor, unless there's shortcut which i dont know lah.</font>

Hi girls,
Been catching up on my reading and there has been lots of discussion on what's best for our little ones. I'm sure every mummy wants the best for their baby. But there are different circumstances faced by each of us. Some of our in laws fall in love with the baby and would love to take care of them. Others have their own lives and see the new addition as something they can play with, but not to take care of. Either way, both do love the baby in their own different ways. So, there truly isn't any verdict on, my parents love the baby more than yours or how we should measure love.

Each of us aim to do the best by our baby, and if there are better ways to do so within our means, I'm sure no mummy would hesitate. So let's give each other the benefit of doubt. We could advise and suggest ways to improve the situation, but really... if we aren't in that mummy's situation, would we really know what is doable and what isn't? The thread seems to be harping on our expectations of each other as mothers more often lately. Let's not forget, it's a discussion thread. We learn from each other, but let's not pass judgement on one another as well. It's hard enough taking care of a little one and feeling lousy for not doing a good enough job at it w/out having others pointing out what we should have been doing as well.

PS: Sigh... I'm missing my little girl a lot. Still another 1.5 weeks to go overseas. Am slowly counting down the days to when I get to go back.

<font color="03b6ea"><font face="Comic Sans MS">shycloud and leng leng..ooh yeah.. maybe home celebration on actual day.. then chalet later..

feifei.. this year got two 5th month... so can eat rice dumpling twice.. ha ha..</font></font>

<font color="blue">ladies,
juz a quick update..i called JWT @ UE Square n they said it's not available for booking on 16th May..we may have to change it to 17th May.. please let me know if u all are ok if we change to 17th May.. i've also asked them to check if other outlets r available or not on the 16th May..so waiting for them to reply.. </font>

Hi everyone!!

Super long never come in to chit chat le... But will try to keep up with the postings during weekend.. SO miss chit chatting here.. Sigh..

So fun!! Got 1st Bday Party... I dun know whether can make it not..

Mag!! You are not boastful la.. This thread is meant to share ma.. Dun worry.. Not once i ever thot that u are being boastful.. I'm sure the mummies here can differentiate from sincere and insincere postings!

angel_z, finally u appeared! I was just thinking abt u these few days cos u haven post for really long time liao. How's Sheryl??

Mag: Haahaa... Everytime i log in to read, i know i confirm can't keep up with the postings on weekdays so i usu keep quiet n be silent reader...

But i saw the 1st bday post and your posting so prompt me to post loh.. Haahaaa...

Sigh.. Sheryl jus fell from my MIL's bed under her care on Wed. Then sheryl's head got big blue-black buise and her nose got a long red scratch cos she fell on her face... Everytime i see her, i will feel heart pain..

I dun blame my MIL cos she didn't mean it.. I'm jus feeling heartpain for lil sheryl..

Angel, so is Sheryl feeling better liao. I know how it feels when our babes get hurt but must tell ourselves we cannot protect them forever. I'm sure Sheryl knows u &amp; MIL love her &amp; your MIL din mean it.

Athan now start to wake up @ 3am again so I just let him be liao since not a big problem for me. He just had 1st 2 teeth last mth. Now getting very notti lor as usual.

Thanks.. Sheryl seems ok after the fall leh.. Sigh.. How i wish i can protect her 4ever loh.. Now i can understand how come my mum last time control me until so chiam..

Ya.. I know my MIL loves her alot.. When she called my husband to tell him about the fall, she was so scared and she was crying.. So i understand.. Actually i'm very thankful that she agrees to help me look after sheryl while i'm at work..

Oh.. The night feed can't keep athan sleep thru the night?

Sheryl oso jus 'pop' her 3rd n 4th teeth few days ago and she was so cranky.. i got so sleepless nights.. but i guess everyone going thru the same stage now...

Hello Angel, long time no "see". Sayang Sheryl... glad she is OK now...

Jayden also teething again. biting his teether vigorously just now. last nite cried awhile before sleeping. At least just now he got to sleep quite fast.

Bizz, I'm fine with 17th May too.
happy.gif
Thanks for checking....

Hi Angel, how's Sheryl now?

Hi-5 to mommies with the 3am wakeup call, me too
But these 2 days been dosing the runny nose meds to Jaret before bedtime, finally I can get to sleep thro. Jaret was having flu past week.

MLP, you still bf? He got bite? Mine bites
sad.gif

Back