(2008/06) June 2008

cactus,
we got our 6L Thermos Thermal cooker @$270 during thermos sale.

Pressure cooker cooks faster,
thermal needs 2-3 hours.

<font color="aa00aa">Tera,
Just saw ur post. Yup in a way the handle do come 'helpful' in certain situation. No matter with our w/o is better to buckle up the belt properly. Sometimes our kid will struggle to get out, will be quite dangerous.

feifei,
Nope. Shall see PD tonite after i'm back from work.</font>

Ohiyo... It's FRIDAY!!
happy.gif

Tml will be a busy day for me.. Morning (11am) got review with my psychiatric at TTSH.. then got to rush home to bring my 2 furkids to see vet at Bt Timah (3.15pm).. then got baby shower party.. dunno hw i can manage..
happy.gif

tera, i do think likewise, that handles seem more secured. the current one i'm using has handle in front and i'm pretty comfy, but it's way tooooo heavy!! looking at the Maclaren strollers, most are without handles, that's y i'm pondering... i'm pretty interested in that brand as they are pretty sturdy while lightweight.

felicia, cactus, my boy likes to "kiao ka" on the handles lor. hahah whatever toys i hang around are deem useless cos he's more interested in checking out the girls we walked past.

Hi Felicia...better see PD ...my PD says flu and cough shldnt take so long as in weeks to recover...btw, which PD u go to?
I went to Dr Ooi at blk 417..shall see till tis sunday if she is better if not gotta go see again...
sad.gif

felicia,
u were right, should always buckle. tat time thot go down escalator very fast no need to buckle then that happen. my poor neice was scared by me as well.

bleh,
my current stroller also v heavy..a little regret getting it..which stroller u using? i'm using peg perego. maclaren is quite light right?

<font color="aa00aa">bonjovi,
tell yur hb u wan to use it to ferry kyler ard, sure he dun mind fixing it back for u base on tat rite?
happy.gif

felicia,
sorta lar.
happy.gif

bleh,
okie okie, looking forward to yur pic...
happy.gif
i m visualling if we put yur dad &amp; my FIL together, sure they can go on non-stop abt modifying daily stuff de, yeah?
on yur stroller, i m wif tera's view tat better to get those wif handle lar. safer cos u nvr knows wat will happen.

tera / feifei,
thanks. he be very happy if i tell him the gers here are all impress wif him. LOL....he is always chnging stuff ard the hse de, we got used to it liao. recently he came up wif his own BBQ machine for chicken wings &amp; stuff... *pengz*</font>

crystal.. count yrself lucky to have such a innovative FIL..
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
as he'll always surprised the family with lots of new stuff.. appaluse to yr FIL..
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Riz,
Planning to see Dr Ooi too! Hvnt check if tonite his clinic is open or not. Else will go to AMK.
I tot it was normal flu as recently weather is not good. Plus maybe due to sinus prob, but upon seeing ur post, i think i better let her see PD again. Actually she was still taking her medicine from previous doc.</font>

Felicia, Dr Ooi is open from 7-9pm today.
Saturday 8.30-12.30..
Contact #:67565070

I use to bring my gal to see normal GP..it takes her to finish 2 bttles of medicine and abt 2-3wks to recover...tink too much medicine oso not so gd for babies tats why gif up liao...bring her PD lor..abit more ex..hope will recover faster

Leng Leng, thanks for the info. does the thermal cooker wear and tear? cos the pressure cooker's safety valve tends to give way after a few years of use. also, do you think the brand of thermal cooker affects the quality of cooking? Endo's 7litres going at $79.

I like Peg Perego!! Fell in love with Piki P3.. but in the end bought Capella, cos I cannot handle the Piki P3. too heavy for me...

<font color="aa00aa">Riz, Thanks! Save me from goin to website to check. hehe.... Mucks!!!
Yup, agreed with you. I really my ger keep taking all the medicine, but her condition is on and off. When i was thinking to stop letting her taking medicine, her situation turn bad. *sigh*</font>

cactus_79,
my Thermos Thermal,
no wear &amp; tear at all.
Do not wash the outer pot, just wipe.

Yes, I do think brand affects,
some brands's insulation is not good at all,
thus unable to hold heat &amp; can't cook well.

Yi Fen Qian, Qi Fen Huo
happy.gif

Leng Leng, do you have any feedback about Endo? It's going for a good sale at Isetan. It's the sale on the brand. I forget the discount rate, but think it's close to 50%. It's $79 plus additional 13% discount. Thermos currently going at 33% discount generally, but not sure if they sell Thermal there. I believe they do but didn't notice.

Crystal, ur FIL super innovative! If got any "most creative" Ah-Gong, ur FIL will come in Champion lor! hehe... And Gwen looks so happy in it! keke....

Ok, gg to plonk back to work.
happy.gif

TGIF!

sorry Leng Leng, just one more question. do you think a 2.5litre thermal cooker is a good size (ie. not too large, not too small) for 1 to 2 person's porridge?

Would like to share about Endo's promotion at Isetan Scotts. found out that Endo is a japanese brand.-

350ml Food jar $13 (UP $29.90)
2.5litre thermal cooker $33 (UP $79)
7 litre one touch thermal cooker $79.90 (UP $179.90)
all above prices have further 10% discount only on 12 March, and members have additional 3% discount.

bleh, Isetan have promo for a particular MacClaren stroller. It's MacClaren Techno XT 2008. Flame Organe and Multi Stripe design, with comfort pack (worth $39.90). UP $568. now $398. FYI.

gosh... i'm feeling v sleepy... i slept last nite at 1030pm liao leh... woke up at 530am... but still so darn tired... i cant wait for weekend to come.

this weekend need to spend time wif my #1 to go thru simple maths wif him... sigh... i cant imagine next time he goes pri sch, everyday must supervise homework... can die leh...

Leng Leng, sorry for the long string of questions on thermal pots. I've no experience in these things at all. :p

I understand that there is a minimum and a maximum level to fill in each pot. do you know how much? Is it 50% full as the minimum to cook effectively? what's the maximum then?

Also, if the pot says 2.5litres, or 7 litres, is it the actual inside capacity (the internal metal pot capacity)?

I'm thinking of buying the 7 litres for the family. the 2.5litres for my boy's porridge. I am wondering if 2.5litres is sufficient for 2 meals for my boy - lunch and dinner. I can use the food jar to bring porridge out. But I can cook porridge outside the house! It seems very attractive to me cos my boy does wake up rather early.. 610am every day... so on weekends, we can leave the home with cooking porridge in the boot of the car, then feed my boy lunch outside of the house, and by using the food jar (leave veg puree in the food jar first, then mix in porridg, thereafter, put in different veg puree into the thermal cooker after lunch hour), I can ensure different ingredients for both meals.

soyabean, I was at breakfast with a colleague earlier. she was complaining to me that her #1 and #2's school insists that parents go through homework. there is a box at the end of each worksheet, asking parents to sign if they went through homework with their kids....
sad.gif
these days, parents also return to school when their kids study. tough man...

cactus,
min. I cook is 50%,
mix. up to the brim?
happy.gif

The capacity shown is the actual capacity up to brim of inner pot.

I'll suggest getting a 1-2L pot to cook the porridge,
for my thermos, it's "on-the-go" type.
I can bring my thermos out.
There are many types that are meant to be use for cooking at home.

There's lots of receipes here;
http://thermalcooker.wordpress.com/

HTH.
happy.gif

Leng Leng, how can we tell that it is an "on the go" type? is it the carrier handle over the top? Which are the types meant to be used at home? I assume the bigger it is, the more likely it's to be kept at home?

Thanks so much for your help, Leng Leng! I'm just going to use my lunch hour next Thursday to go Isetan Scotts. So don't think I have much time to ask the promoter then. I'm going to be such a sight! Dun know how to lug those items to the cashier alone! Gosh. nightmare. don't even want to think about it.

Don't purchase just because there's a sale,
it's best to make your own "research" &amp; make the best out of it.
No use if it's left at home as a white elephant.

You maid may not know how to use it.

Leng Leng, I will definately need it. Don't worry, I'm not buying it cos it's just a sale, although the prices are really attractive. I'm moving in to my home soon, but my kitchen still lacks a pressure cooker. my parents have been using a pressure cooker for the past 20 years now...and I find it very useful.
happy.gif
then I found out about a thermal cooker, and I think it's good to have a thermal cooker too, especially for my bb's porridge, since I can cook it at the back of the car! My maid knows how to use a pressure cooker already. I believe it's easy to teach her how to use a thermal cooker. it's not that difficult, cos pressure cooker has a safety valve that requires training to use.
happy.gif
thermal cooker is simplier!

Cactus,
I'm IMPRESSED that your maid knows how to use pressure cooker but dun know how to use slow cooker. Funny hor?? *scratch head*

Pressure cooker still need to wait for the right pressure b4 removing fr stove but slow cooker only need to set timer then when timer finish can serve already.

I guess some ppl r just too smart for simple things unlike stupid ppl like myself, only know how to use simple appliances &amp; do simple things, complicated stuff is just out of my range of intelligence. I'm worse than a maid. Sigh....

Mag, my maid knows how to use pressure cooker cos she had prior experience - the difficulty with it is the safety valve, not to force it open unless the pressure is reduced and to make the lid meet before the pressure lock is applied. The timing of pressure cooking is predetermined by my mom or me. So it's quite easy for the maid to cook with pressure cooker. she only needs to follow instructions.

I believe she knows how to use slow cooker too but I don't want to give her more work than she already has. that's why I cook the porridge for Matthew before I go to work. But things will change after I get the thermal cooker. hehe! I'll start the cooking process, but she'll have to dish out the porridge for Matthew during the day!
happy.gif

Bleh,
Travis' walker also out of this world one leh. Unique somemore. I'm so impressed wif your dad &amp; crystal's FIL that they can do so many things out of love unlike some stories which I've heard fr my PILs abt their market frens who r complaining that looking after their grandchildren is such a chore for them that it's as if they r holding a fulltime job. Sad hor? I think u &amp; crystal should appreciate the grandpas more.

shycloud, my walker is a hand-me-down from my sis. dunno wat brand oso. my nieces oso sat in this same space shuttle before. hahah they all had fun with the little drum my dad placed at the side...

<font color="03b6ea"><font face="Comic Sans MS">hooray... it's friday..

BB birthday, plan to celebrate on 31st May(his actual lunar), try to get a chalet and BBQ then that's it... dun intend to get catering as can jux BBQ lor..but still tough as that period is super ex.. as is consider as super peak *faint"

If cant get chalet, will just do a simple buffet at home with family..

bleh.. good innovation! Heee....

Cactus.. i still pro slow cooker as that's the easiest among all... ultimately it's ur decision lah.. realise ceremic create better taste leh..

</font></font>

Back