(2008/06) June 2008

Mag,

I wonder cos sometimes i feel i like quite jiat lat so i wonder is it those who have maid will have more time to doll up. My ambition is to be a pretty mum but seems like its v far.

Slow cooker - I bot those v small size one, its cheap. I dun tink it is a luxury. U still need to check on the stuff occasionally, not like u can go off doing some other stuff. I got tat bec' i burnt several times using normal pot when i need to go off to take care of bb and thus the porridge burn in the pot.

Thus i tink those who have time to using normal pot should be more 'luxurious' instead. Only us who dun have time then use slow cooker lor.

Mag...
hmmm... if u bgt it at NTUC Finest, this means not all NTUC will carry this... there are oni a few NTUC Finest outlets in SG. But it reali looks interesting. I never knew there are kosong yogurt. :p

warrior...
ur girl so cute... she cld be early in speech.
happy.gif
mine hv been saying "mama" for the past one week. She will call out "mama" sometimes when i walk away from her. it reali warms me up when i hear that.

ellysia...
if u dun wan a maid, u shld consider getting part-time help to clean ur house during the weekend. this will ensure that u can spend more time wif bb oso. and oh... hehe... learn how to "da ban" in a short time. i hv mastered that already, wif 2 kids in toll and mornings are always a rush to get ready for work. :p

Soyabean,
ya it took me a long time to find it. Mayb u can call & check which Finest outlet is convenient for u & carries this if u want to let your ger try. I just tasted it & it tastes the same as the 1 I made.

Ellysia,
Dun worry too much abt it, once your boi is abt 2yrs then u can have more time to doll up liao. The 1st year is always the worst cos too much things to worry about.

felicia...
my last holiday alone wif hubby is in 2005, a one night stay in Bintan. pathetic or not? dat was when my boy was 10 mths old. and even on that night away, both of us kept toking and thinking abt our boy.... wat a holiday... haha...

Mag...
Thanks.
happy.gif
I hv a NTUC Finest abt 15mins bus ride from my place, and if i take bus home from work, i will passby there. mayb i will dropby tmr evening after work, then can let my ger eat over the weekend. thanks so much for the info btw.
happy.gif

<font color="03b6ea"><font face="Comic Sans MS">housework... think my husband does more housework then i.. vacuum..hang clothe..etc i am more of bb stuff like sterlise bottle, prepare food, taking care..etc..

think hv a maid will be good but got no room for her and feel weird to hv a stranger at home.. no privacy.. ;( but a good maid does helps a lot and can be treated as a family member oso lah..

anyone like petai (stink bean) here? drool.. ;p think i like smeely food like chou tofu oso... ha ha.. but i dun eat durian..</font></font>

<font color="808080"><font face="tahoma">ioio,
I was feeling sleepy &amp; i saw you mentioned petai, and it refreshes me, i love petai sambal with chicken, because now hubby, myself &amp; helper don't eat pork liao.

think its like durian, either you love it or hate it</font></font>

<font color="aa00aa">feifei,
normally when i'm bak there, i'll be super busy handling both kids, not too sure if can meet up.
But you can call me if you need any help on locations lah. hehe...</font>

Actually i wonder should i ask my MIL to prepare the vegs for the porridge..

cos she ask me to do the veg puree for her to add to the porridge. But i tink if she do fresh shd be better. But i also dun want to tire her out if she feel a lot of work.

Around wat age can we stop doing these puree stuff?

<font color="blue">
i called JWT up n enquire abt the bday package..it's $620 for non-member for 20 kids and $570 for member.. $10 for each additional kid n no charges for parents.. it includes balloons n decor..food, drinks and table cloth all these not included.. it will be a 2hr session where the kids will be given something like wat they do during the trial class.. so u all ok??

The list @ 23 Feb 09.

June Babies 1st Bday Bash
Suggested date: 16 May (Sat)
Time: Afternoon

1. Lil ZuEn (ZuEn &amp; HB)
2. Reanne (janiviy &amp; hubby)
3. YuJie (Felicia, hubby, #1)
4. Chloe (Christina &amp; Hubby)
5. Jayden (Carol)
6. Gwendolyn (Crystal &amp; HB)
7. Nicole (Piyo, hubby, #1 and maid)
8. Jade (shycloud)
9. Athanasius (Mag, hubby &amp; mum)
10. Travis (bleh &amp; hb)
11. Eunicia (Prisc &amp; maid)
12. Lucius (Shern, Hb &amp; maid)
13. Isabel (Krispy + HB)
14. Zhiyu (Bizz &amp; hb)
15. Lucas (Tera + HB)

Updated @ 23 Feb

</font>

Ellysia,
I stop puree broccoli n cauliflower when I notice she’s chewing. I throw into porridge, cook for 2hrs both become soft easy to mash. Puree for peas n spinach.

hmm.. i started to give my gal eat blueberry (peeled).. she can munch..
happy.gif

but dunno at the end of the day, she just swallowed or she got chew.. hmm..chew w her gums?? (wondering)..
happy.gif

oh busy busy afternoon!!! taking a breather now...

bizznow..
sounds interesting wor...so we short of 5 bbs?

warrior...blueberries must peel ar? i bot those small tiny ones...think by the time i peel no more left haha.

haha.. i know.. by the time u peel.. no more le.. and yr nails will be stained blue by the skin..
sad.gif

but i've tried to mash (using spoon).. the meat is not as much as those peeled.. so i still prefer to peel..

then when Floyce gets impatient, I'll pop the peeled ones into her tiny mouth.. keke

<font color="aa00aa">The list @ 23 Feb 09.

5. Jayden (Carol)
8. Jade (shycloud)
13. Isabel (Krispy + HB)
15. Lucas (Tera + HB)
16. Kai (Morr)

Updated @ 5 Mar</font>

The list @ 5 Mar 09.

5. Jayden (Carol)
8. Jade (shycloud)
13. Isabel (Krispy + HB)
15. Lucas (Tera + HB)
16. Kai (Morr)
17. Floyce (Jessica + HB)

Sharon.. i dunno worr.. i just 'gong gong' peel and feed. I mash up to puree sometimes.. very lil meat ley.. if steam liao.. no more meat le.. keke

<font color="03b6ea"><font face="Comic Sans MS">fennie..ooh yeah.. sambal petai.. i luv it with tempeh.. ha ha another food tt most pp dun like..

ooh i want to try blueberry ... so must peel or not? can give fresh?</font></font>

Sharon,

OIC. maybe i can do tat soon also.. my boy start to chew and he oso accept mashed fish liao.. so hopefully he can accept mash form instead of puree form of vegs. My MIL ask me to blend in bigger pieces than those smooth texture.

I will try yr method of porridge making. tired of doing it separately. But fish i may still steam it cos need to check for bones.

<font color="808080"><font face="tahoma">ioio,
you know i always buy like 9-12 tempeh at a go when i go market cos its fresh, and will order 2 ready made one if i eat nasi padang</font></font>

<font color="blue"> wah, the list is growing...yes..hehe..now we actually hv 19kids liao..cos some of the ladies bringing their #1 also..yeah.. ok for the location i think we choose the 1 @ UE square lah..cos it's more centralised.. if everyone ok then i will go ahead n book the place 1st.. wat time u all want?? 3pm ok??

The list @ 5 Mar 09.

5. Jayden (Carol)
8. Jade (shycloud)
13. Isabel (Krispy + HB)
15. Lucas (Tera + HB)
16. Kai (Morr, #1 n maybe hb)
17. Floyce (Jessica + HB)

</font>

Hello Mummies,

Have been a silent reader coz whenever I finish reading and want to reply, either #1 or #2 is up. Furthermore, #2 is having fever (teething).

Talking about cooking porridge for baby's lunch/dinner, here's what I know some FTWM do:

1. Cook the porridge with a slow cooker in the morning before going to work using the stock (cubed in the freezer) which they have cooked and stored during the weekends. Take out cubes of veggies, meat, etc and pack it in a ziplog back and place it in the freezer.

2. Call their maid at 11plus in the morning to ask the maid to take out the ziplog bag and put the cubes into the slow cooker and ask their maid to stir occasionally and to feed their kids at 12.00pm.

I have asked the PD about this and she said that its OK to do so. Of course the thermal foodjar works too.

How to Transition Baby From Puree to Solid Foods
by elliesmommy

Introduction
Your baby is enjoying a variety of purees and you are ready to start solids. Where do you start? Below you will find some helpful hints that worked with my daughter.

Step One
The first thing I suggest you do is with either banana or avocado. Stop mashing or pureeing and instead cut into small pieces. Babies love these two foods and are easy to eat. My daughter loves bananas and had no problem taking it in small pieces.

Step Two
After banana I started using other cooked foods that my daughter enjoyed eating. Some foods I used that worked well were sweet potatoes, carrots, apple and pear. Make sure the pieces are no bigger than pea size.

Step Three
Slowly add pieces to your purees. I do this two ways. Either I take out a portion before I puree the food, and then add it back in after to make it chunkier. Also I don't puree it as long so it stays chunky. You will know if it is too much because your child will reject it.

Step Four
Another great way to use solids is cereals. For the first time I bought those special baby "puffs" that are fruit flavored. If you try one they literally melt in your mouth. Once my daughter understood she could eat these and they tasted good, I encouraged her to feed herself by putting them in her hand. Then I put them on her high chair tray. Now she eats them by herself, although we have changed to Cheerios.

Step Five
Adding rice and small pieces of pasta to purees is also another great way to introduce solids.

Tips &amp; Warnings

* If your baby rejects something, try again later or just puree it smooth for the time being.
* This is one area where I let the baby lead! I do not force her to eat solids. She is already eating solids now that at first she refused. Babies transition at different speeds and at different times. Just be patient.

My bb eat some small slices of apple and banana when i feed him. For the banana he just munch in and eat directly from the banana.

Hi Mummies, i am experiencing tis difficulty in feeding my gal..she doesnt stop moving like a worm.. its so hard to make her sit still..i got every and any toys to distract her but she jus kps wrigglin around... end up porridge oso cold liao..now when she don want the food anymore she kp shaking her head....haiyoh...
Any idea how to deal wif tis ??or any mummies experiencing tis?

Danryan..hows ur gal??still phelgmy?brought my gal to PD ..PD say got mild bronchitis...sigh...

<font color="aa00aa">hi gers,
here're the pics of my FIL wif his modified bike wif my ger in front when he carts her out to lim kopi wif his frens....

he also modified my ger's walker to double up as a jumperoo cos i couldnt cart my jumperoo back &amp; fro weekly. i've tat in a video format, m trying to upload tat to fb, if can will paste the link here, if not, then bo bian liao...
sad.gif
</font>

2222026.jpg
2222027.jpg
2222028.jpg

Rizty,
Mild bronchitis don worry. Both my gals kena before. If a need to use neubiliser, will be well about 3days. But when bb is still young, some PD will advise don't bring bb out to crowded places and try confine for 1mth or so at home.

Hm so fast must confirm the bday bash? maybe can I confirm next week or so..... I try keep on thread to see how is the progress ah

Hi Cynthia..PD didnt gif neubiliser cos he said the ventolin medicine shld be ok..if one wk liao still same then nd to go see him again lor..hopefully she will be fine by then...
when kids hv flu and cough ..Mr Bronchitis sure attack...sighhh
and it takes along time to recover...

Wah Crystal,yr FIL so innovative..hehe

<font color="aa00aa">ritzy,
he is an engineer, so i guess it is jus in his profession blar.

hi gers,
i finally manage to get the video in fb after so many tries &amp; hrs, also manage to find a way to snapshot my video. so here're some pics to share abt how my FIL creates his own Jumperoo for my ger....

the link to the video is: - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=547659700&amp;ref=name#/video/video.php?v=54396334700</font>

2222405.png
2222406.png

<font color="aa00aa">Morning ladies!

Crystal, so envy! Can ask ur FIL oso diy for my ger! hahaha..... just jokinglah! Gwen is so happy!
Btw, not all engineer is as innovative as your FIL, my house oso got one engineer mah, never see him so innovative leh. Tonite go home , must 'suan' him liao.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">morning gers,
finally it is friday! yippeeee!!!

ice,
txs, will tell him tat.
happy.gif

felicia,
kekeke...my plc has 3 engineers - one mechanical, another mechanical cum precision &amp; one sales but oni 1 of them is innovative. so dun "suan" yurs too much lar...LOL...</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Riz, after seeing ur posts, i just called hubby and tell him we must bring my ger to see PD tonite liao. Coz my YuJie has running nose for weeks, then coughing still hvnt fully recovered. Me nvr know this will 'attract' Mr Bronchitis . I'm such a lousy mummy!

Btw, yest nite YuJie was so cranky for almost 2 hrs that hubby and me din get to sleep. She suddenly woke up at 11 plus, then refuse to sleep. When we try to let her lie down on her mattress she start crying and screaming (those scare type of crying lor). Then i hv to pat her to sleep on my arm. But once i put her down again, she woke up and cry again. In the end we hv to use 'yao lan', but still struggle for sometimes before she finally fall asleep.

crystal,
wah, engineers family! hehe...</font>

crystal,
im simply impressed with the creation of yr FIL. Too bad, i removed my little basket from my bike liao. If ask hubby to fix back, he will kill me!

hi girls...

got a qn for u, strollers without the front handles, is it as secured as those without?? contemplating to get a new stroller.... advice needed!! thanks!

bizznow, thanks for organising! i'm on for the Party @ UE Sq.
happy.gif

crystal, ur FIL v innovative leh. can put him with my dad liao. my dad oso revamped my boy's walker, adding "bumpers" ard and a little drum at the side for bb's entertainment. i'll upload the pix for u to see. hahahha

morning mummies!

FYI, Isetan having sale on 12 March, Thursday!

I've heard good things about magic pot/thermal cooker. anyone has personal experience with it too? I'm thinking of buying it but I already have a pressure cooker. not sure if it replicates the functions. Or which is better?

sorry, just another question.

Re: Food jars.
I went to Isetan Scotts yesterday to buy, but was puzzled by the wide range. Which are the correct jars I should buy for keeping porridge warm? There are "food jars" with plastic containers inside them, some with only one, and others without any... In the end, I didn't buy it (also cos the staff told me have sale next Thursday and foodjars will be on 30% discount and additional 3% off for members!).. thought of coming online to ask experienced mummies which is correct one to buy.

cactus...
buy slow cooker....
as for food jar, the ones we bgt are without the plastic containers. look for the brand Thermos. and Foogo.

crystal,
oh my, ur FIL is really very innovative! i'm very impressed!
happy.gif

bleh,
i would think those with handles are safer. cos i rem an incident many years back when i tried to push my neice in the stroller down escalator and i did not know how to do it, ended up she was like sliding out of the stroller but blocked by the handle. i'm not saying u will end up with travis that way lah, keke but i thot the handle does help. Also, they can hold onto the handle sometimes.
happy.gif

thanks, soyabean.

slow cooker = is it an electric slow cooker? If so, I have that already.

What I meant is whether a thermal cooker works in the same way as pressure cooker. I was thinking for cooking for the general family. like soups, porridge and stews. at the moment, I use pressure cooker, put on stove, reach pressure, then remove, and it continues to cook. I heard that thermal cooker is also the same function.. put on stove, but instead of reach pressure, it is reach sufficient internal heat, then remove and it continues to cook. in this way, it is energy saving. the benefit over pressure cooker, is that thermal cooker can be opened anytime.. unlike pressure cooker which can only be opened when pressure is reduced (for safety reasons).

a 6.5litre pressure cooker is selling at $279 now. but a 7 litre thermal cooker is selling at under $80. the price difference is very great. I'm used to using a pressure cooker, but have no experience with thermal cooker, so want to ask what the difference in function is, and which is better, or should I get both? my family uses pressure cooker very often (cooking chicken stock from bones, porridges soups and stews, and desserts too). We use it every other day...

<font color="aa00aa">bleh, stroller without front handle, do u mean those light stroller, which suitable for travelling? In fact i oredy let my ger used it as it was passed down from my #1. I think as long as you belt up properly, shldnt be a problem. </font>

bleh, I like to attach toys to the handle to amuse Matthew and keep him occupied, but I also notice sometimes he gets frustrated when his feet get stuck by the handle (he will be stretching his feet in the air and it will hit the handle).... so what I do is I just remove the handles whenever he does that, then put it back when he has stopped his stretching.

Morning ladies..

Crystal,
Wow, ur Gwen so cute in the basket lor =)..Ur FIL is really good.. =)...

Bizznow,
the party seems fun, keshi I can't join lor...Do rem to take more photos to share with me ya..tks tks =).

felicia,
Oh dear...See PD yet?

Back